PDA

View Full Version : Shop smart, shop S mart! its true its true!

Sith Worm
04-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Well for all you fellow deadites, it true its true Evil dead 4. pick up the new cinescape. Its still good to be King...

SithDroid
04-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Hooray! ***begin the snoopy dancing music***

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:18 PM
Care to scan and post the page? Last I heard they weren't going to do another one, because Universal and Dino De Laurentiis made them change the ending to "Army of Darkness" to the happy S-Mart ending, instead of the original Ash in the future ending. It would be cool to see another, and hopefully final Evil Dead film. It's a good franchise, but it shouldn't be milked to death.

Oh well, even if they do 4 they can do it from the original ending to Army of Darkness. After all, the ending to Evil Dead II and the start of Army of Darkness doesn't match up. I would definatly prefer the film follow the original Ash in the Future Wasteland storyline. Much better idea then the same old thing again. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-27-2002, 02:31 PM
I'll have to pick up this issue of cinescape then. I hope it really turns out to happen.

P.S. Good to see you back Sith Worm.;)

SithDroid
04-27-2002, 02:33 PM
I really don't care which storyline they decide to take it off of, I'm just glad that we might be getting another movie. Bruce Campbell's offical website still doesn't have anything about it being a go. I guess we'll just have to see.

SithDroid
04-27-2002, 05:23 PM
I was just out and took a look at the article. It doesn't say 100% for sure that there will be another Evil Dead movie. All it says,(which we already know since it's old news), is that Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are teaming up to make a low budget horror film. It hasn't been confirmed that it is an Evil Dead movie. I for one hope that it is Evil Dead 4, but Iguess we will all just have to wait and see.

Starfig873
05-12-2002, 08:46 PM
I guess I'd be the odd one out then. :) I was actually much more fond of the "happy" ending. Granted Ash screwing up and ending up in a post-apocalyptic future is funny. I just don't feel...that it's right. Even if it was a forced ending really, give me "Hail to the king baby" over "No....noooo!.....Noooooooooo! *maniacial laughter*". :p

So my choice would be for Evil Dead 4 (God willing there will be one) to take off the happy ending. :)

SithDroid
05-12-2002, 09:58 PM
I like the happy ending "Hail to the King" version better also, just because there are so many classicaly funny things in it. I don't mind either way if they decide to take it off of that ending or the futuristic ending, just as long as Evil Dead 4 gets made period. I think they should start working on it as soon as they can or else Bruce Campbell will start to show his years just like Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones.

Wolfwood319
05-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
So my choice would be for Evil Dead 4 (God willing there will be one) to take off the happy ending. :)

The game is actually a great sequel to the series using the "happy" ending. It involves Ash going back to the cabin with his new girlfriend, and the hand causing trouble and Evil Ash running rampant.

187-Maul
05-13-2002, 09:58 AM
what is exactly the scene with the future at the end of the movie? is it on the dvd as alternate ending or what? I've heard a lot about it but have no idea where it comes from
anyone?

Beast
05-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
what is exactly the scene with the future at the end of the movie? is it on the dvd as alternate ending or what? I've heard a lot about it but have no idea where it comes from
anyone?
It's on the extended cut version DVD. The one that's out now, the "Bootleg Edition" has 15 extra minutes and the original future ending. Here is generally what happens in it:

Ash defeats the army, and gets the magic potion from the wiseman. The wiseman tells him, that he has to take 1 drop for each century he wants to sleep, so that he will wake up in his own time. The knights bury his car and him into a cave, and Ash settles in to the back of the car. He starts taking the drops, and gets distracted by some rocks falling at the cave entrance. He ends up taking 1 drop to many, and falls into a magical sleep. But he wakes up a hundred years to late, with a long white beard. After he digs himself out of the cave he walks to a cliff edge, and there is a semi futuristic city in ruin. He drops to his knees and crys out. "Oh god, I slept to long." And he pretty much sounds like he's going insane. :D

Trust me, it's funnier if you actually watch it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
05-13-2002, 12:24 PM
No one can say a corny line and keep a strait face like Ash/Bruce can!!!

Give me some sugar / Hail to the king, baby!!!

Sith Worm
05-14-2002, 11:53 PM
There is also a vhs collectors edition directors cut out that has the true and good ending 50,000 were made and i have number 32,589 good luck finding one! It also contians four deleted scences that every true deadyte must see. Did anyone see Bruce in Spider-man? and also on the PS2 Spidey game Bruce does the narrating, in the words of Ash "that was just pillow talk baby"...

Beast
05-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Get the DVD though, if you have a DVD player. The Audio commentary is worth the price alone. It has Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, and Ted Raimi shows up halfway in. Don't bother looking around for the discontinued DVD though, just grab a copy of the Bootleg edition and it has all the same features as the original "Director's Edition" DVD release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
05-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
It has Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, and Ted Raimi shows up halfway in. Don't bother looking around for the discontinued DVD though, just grab a copy of the Bootleg edition and it has all the same features as the original "Director's Edition" DVD release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Uhhh....I believe the commentary is of Bruce, Sam, and Ivan Raimi who joins halfway through the movie. Ivan, the lesser known Raimi, co-wrote the screenplay. Ted does not appear in the commentary. (Does this make me sound like an elitist-fanboy or what?):rolleyes:

Actually, the AOD Collector's Edition 2-disc set is available, sort of. Get the regular version of AOD DVD, as well as the Limited Edition or Bootleg DVD, and you have both discs.

Beast
05-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Ack, you're right Wolfwood. My bad. I thought I was making a mistake when I said that it was Ted. :( I guess I should have checked the back of my DVD case before I posted. Serves me right. The director's cut is the best version of AOD though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Worm
05-15-2002, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys i'll check out both DVDs i didn't know about the commentary i bet it's a roit...

"Right now your the ruler of two things jack and sh** and jack just left town!"