PDA

View Full Version : Is really sad when I'm the only one in this forum watching it's slow death!

Turbowars
04-27-2002, 02:17 PM
I was sad to see this line go and now I'm sad to see this forum die down to a few posts every now and then. Out with the old and in with the new. :dead: :cry:

Lord Malakite
04-27-2002, 03:49 PM
All good things must come to an end.

ACPin
04-28-2002, 09:56 PM
With AOTC coming out in just a few weeks, there's less interest on this forum which comes as no surprise. However, you'll probably find renewed interest in the line when new collectors get into the hobby after they've seen the movie. It has happened before with TPM and it's likely going to happen with AOTC.

Starfig873
04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Power of the Force? Man that was soooo long ago. :p

Is it sad? Sure, but soon enough people will want to reminisce again. Back to the times when we all were out looking for Admiral Ackbar and the like. :) Fun times. ;)

Rogue II
04-29-2002, 03:29 PM
Since I only collect Classic Trilogy, I miss not having to dig thru all sorts of Episode 1 and now EP2 figures. Sure, POTJ and Saga are better figures, but there are less figures for me to buy now.

Jayspawn
05-02-2002, 12:52 AM
I certainly havn't forgotten this line. It was a good one, and I'm sure it will remain a favorite.

Darkross
05-02-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Since I only collect Classic Trilogy, I miss not having to dig thru all sorts of Episode 1 and now EP2 figures. Sure, POTJ and Saga are better figures, but there are less figures for me to buy now.

Me too! I only collect the classic trilogy! I still have about half of the figures / vehicles to buy...but it is a huge relief to my wallet knowing that I'm not interested in buying E2 figures! Well with the exception of four R3T7's for use in classic trilogy dioramas. who cares if the droids cross sagas? Not me! I need all of the droids I can find...now if I can only find four TC14's!

stillakid
05-02-2002, 11:32 AM
POTF? That's so last year.

Darkross
05-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
POTF? That's so last year.

If that's how you feel...then why are you browsing this forum?

icatch9
05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
This line is my favorite. This is one of the most complete and inspired toys lines ever. When you think of how many different figuese and characters they made. Plus, the fact that is inspired a new generation to love Star Wars. And brought many old fans out of retirement. It's not dead, it's just there is nothing new for the line. It evolved into the POTJ line and inturn into the Saga line. So, it changed more than it died. Plus, many people have all the POTF stuff, or at least what they want. These forums usally generate around news and current items. It's hard to start a formum talking about how cool the At At is when everyone had it for 5 years.

stormie
05-02-2002, 01:43 PM
Yeah, the POTF2 line was indeed a great line. So many figures, so many different sculpts, and so many trials and errors! I'm glad I got 'em all, because even if I didn't really appreciate them at first, their corniness will endure. Besides, it gave us the Commtech Stormie! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 07:49 PM
There needs to be a Power of the Force 3 line to complete the trilogy. It could have... MORE RESCULPTS?!? Huh? Try the Vintage section! It hasn't had a figure made since (technically) 1995 and it's the STRONGEST SECTION HERE AT SSG!!! Ahem.

- Bel-Cam Jos, Moderator of Kenner:Vintage Section

Beast
05-02-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
There needs to be a Power of the Force 3 line to complete the trilogy. It could have... MORE RESCULPTS?!? Huh? Try the Vintage section! It hasn't had a figure made since (technically) 1995 and it's the STRONGEST SECTION HERE AT SSG!!! Ahem.

- Bel-Cam Jos, Moderator of Kenner:Vintage Section
The strongest section here at SSG? :evil:

Hasbro - Saga (Posts: 13442) (Threads: 1005)
Kenner - Vintage (Posts: 1097) (Threads: 111)

"Your powers are weak old man." Just Kidding, Bel-Cam Jos :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-04-2002, 12:03 PM
Oh, you sooooo got busted!

2-1B
05-04-2002, 12:31 PM
I agree, BUSTED!

Actually, I don't. The fact that the vintage line still garners some attention is very telling! And most of it is positive!

Besides, if you consider how many Saga posts are just complaints (I know I posted a few ;) ) it has to detract from its perceived popularity.
Saga may be the busiest, but it's not the strongest. :D

Turbowars
05-04-2002, 02:15 PM
POTF3 POTF3 POTF3 POTF3 POTF3 POTF3 one more time, POTF3! POTF3 Hasbro bring back the GREEN with POTF3. Anyone with me?

Rogue II
05-04-2002, 03:02 PM
I don't care what color the cards are, as long as they make lots more Classic Trilogy toys.

musasa
05-11-2002, 02:16 AM
I know a place with a GREAT vintage section. ;)

Turbowars
05-11-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by musasa
I know a place with a GREAT vintage section. ;) We are talking about POTF "2" not the vintage POTF. I wish I had the $ to collect the carded Vintage figures. I guess I need to win the Lotto! LOL!! :crazed:

musasa
05-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Someone mentioned the vintage forum here. I responded.