PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE?

Battle Droid
04-27-2002, 02:55 PM
When do you guys expect Hasbro to make it? Next year? I hope so! :crazed:

I also wouldn't mind a LAAT/c Cargo Gunship to go along with it so it can drop off the AT-TE.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2002, 03:07 PM
AT-TE . . . is that the "prototype" AT-AT? The Power of the Force 2 AT-AT didn't come out until at least 1997, two years after the then-new line started. Not 2002, maybe 2003, hopefully before 2005. Hasbro has yet to release a MTT from Episode I, so I don't know.

Bosskman
04-27-2002, 03:20 PM
I sure hope they make this. That scence from the Clonetrooper TV commercial of the Gunship dropping the AT-TE is the coolest freaking scene I have seen from AOTC - and that's saying a lot! I have goose bumps ritght now just thinking about it! I think they could make the Gunship that's coming out be either/or. It seems to be designed that way, with the troop variant having the cargo hold and thise side bubble guns. I think the toy could?should/probably will have these parts removable in order to fit the AT-TE. I hope so anyways.

Lord Tenebrous
04-27-2002, 03:33 PM
I would much rather have the AT-TE/Carrier as part of the Micro line, just because of the issue of scale. That, and the fact that it'll be easier to amass a large army of AT-TEs, Gunships, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, Spider Droids, Hailfire Droids, and SPHA-Ts.

I suspect that Hasbro will test the water with a Dwarf Spider Droid. Then maybe the AT-TE, which will probably run $80, and more than likely be an exclusive.

Bosskman
04-27-2002, 06:02 PM
The AT-TE doesn't look that big to me. I think Hasbro could get away with scaling it down a bit, as they did with the Gunship. The Seperatists' droids would rock, and they'd be easy to make into toys.

Beast
04-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah, the AT-TE is about the same size as the Gunship in the movie, so you have to figure they could bring it in at a price point similar to the 39.99 gunship. Heck, I wouldn't mind paying 50.00 even, if they gave it a cool walking action. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CooLJoE
04-27-2002, 06:13 PM
*This might be considered a spoiler to some*

Umm, the separatists droids are already out. They're called Battle Droids.

Beast
04-27-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
*This might be considered a spoiler to some*
Umm, the separatists droids are already out. They're called Battle Droids.
He is talking about the odd spiderlike cannon droids, and those weird round wheeled tank looking things that were shown in the trailers. The Homing Spider Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid, and Hailfire Droid. Here is a picture from the visual dictionary. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
04-27-2002, 07:31 PM
I suppose you can get away with $40 for a bare-bones AT-TE. But, knowing the preferences of collectors, this is one vehicle that has to be loaded with features. A conceptual vehicle would include:

* Fold-up front legs, and articulated middle and back legs for posing and deployment

* Top missile turrent with eight loadable missiles and multi-fire lever

* Four front laser turrents w/ detachable blue blast effects

* Three sound effects: leg stomp and two weapon effects

* Bottom troop deployment hatch with turn-lock

* Shoulder strap with metal latches on bottom of vehicle

* Includes one yellow trooper and two white troopers (same mold as Saga clone trooper)

:cool:

Jedi Law Student
04-27-2002, 07:52 PM
That is a great picture! I've got to get the visual dictionary for Episode II! I have the one for Episode I and it is really cool. About the picture... at first, I thought, wow, those Aqualish senators have four eyes! It must be that other kind of Aqualish mentioned in the Ponda Baba story in "Tales from the Cantina." (Yeah, it's been awhile since I read that.) But then, I noticed it said Shi'ido changeling in disguise. It would be a great disguise except for that second pair of eyes. ;) Somebody getting a good look would say, "Now wait just a minute here..."

Okay, my question is, where have I heard of Muunilinst before? That sounds so familiar... has it appeared anywhere in the Expanded Universe?