PDA

View Full Version : Opening cases at Walmart

JediDan
04-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Is it looked down upon other collectors (I know it seems to be for store employees) to open up SW cases on the pallets in the aisleways to get that one figure you need? If they brought the pallet out they are planning on putting those toys out aren't they? Why else would they have put those cases on that pallet then? So do you think it's unfair to other collectors? I don't hink so. 1st come 1st serve is about as fair as you can get. If I hadn't browsed through the cases on 4/23 I would have never got my 2 Dooku's.

CrossWizard
04-27-2002, 04:54 PM
I agree with that, as long as you dont hoard and keep the limit to 2 figures.

neimoidian85
04-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Where are these 'pallet' things at?

JediDan
04-27-2002, 05:00 PM
I could have picked up 4 Dooku's if I wanted but only needed the 2.

neimoidian85.... I was talking about the pallets full of unopened cases the employees bring out from the backroom. 99.9% of the time I never find SW cases, so this time when I did I jumped on it. This time they had about 15 cases on the pallet. Me and 4 other guys were rummaging through them. I got lucky to find those 2 Dooku's. Whew......

neimoidian85
04-27-2002, 05:04 PM
I think its funny that everyone who finds a Dooku thinks they're lucky........in a month, you'll be lucky not to find a Dooku!

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey, on the 23rd I got at wal-mart when they where opening, and the lady was just about to put them out, and she started HANDING me boxes so I could help hang them up lol.

She was ****ed she had to do it, because the guys where told to last night, and did not. So she did not even ask if I would help, she just started cutting the boxes open, and handing the to me. I put up all of the basic figures, and deluxe. And I was the ONLY collector there. It was so much fun.

JediDan
04-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Well then call me funny. :D Right now he is a hard find and in the months to come he is only in 2 waves at 2 per case. So yes I feel lucky to own him now instead of 2-3 months down the road.

JediDan
04-27-2002, 05:19 PM
You crack me up D.Skeletor. :D :D Sounds like you had a blast on 4/23. I would have loved to stock the figures. Way to go, you da man. ;) :D

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by JediDan
You crack me up D.Skeletor. :D :D Sounds like you had a blast on 4/23. I would have loved to stock the figures. Way to go, you da man. ;) :D

Well I guess I'm just a funny guy:D

Dar' Argol
04-28-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by JediDan
Is it looked down upon other collectors (I know it seems to be for store employees) to open up SW cases on the pallets in the aisleways to get that one figure you need? If they brought the pallet out they are planning on putting those toys out aren't they? Why else would they have put those cases on that pallet then? So do you think it's unfair to other collectors? I don't hink so. 1st come 1st serve is about as fair as you can get. If I hadn't browsed through the cases on 4/23 I would have never got my 2 Dooku's.

Here I am with the inside info again. When those pallets of stuff go to the sales floor, it is because they just came off that nights truck and need to be worked. You cannot tell from the warehouse if a case will go to the floor or not. Also, some stores receive anywhere from 1-5 trucks a night! Most back rooms cannot accomidate(sp) that much frieght. So it is taken to the floor. When the pallets are worked, the overstock is then placed back on those pallets to be taken to the back and put in our bins. So no, all the stuff on the pallet may not be out to be put on the shelves. Its there to see IF it will go out.

Any of that make sense??

JediDan
04-28-2002, 10:30 AM
No kidding?? So thats how it works. I thought the employees put what needed to be stocked on the floor on to the pallets. So actually it's kinda the other way around. They bring out the pallets and fill what can be filled andthen what's ever left is brought back to the stockroom. THX for letting me know, next time I see some SW cases I'll ask an employee if I can take a look.

CooLJoE
04-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Bah, If the case says it has a HTF figure of the time, and I need that figure, I'm ripping that sucker open.