PDA

View Full Version : Well I've seen the episode II toys

Man In The Box
04-27-2002, 05:56 PM
they look great, but they look smaller too. may just be packaging. Of the ones I've seen Yoda and the royal guard are the best.

Bad news...I saw them OFF base(I dontthink the mainstream gernam stores have them yet.) and in a comic stoe so their like 14 bucks. No thank you I can wait.

Sucks, base doesnt got them yet , I thought they would be because back in 99 they got everything on may 3rd. Mighthave just been the ep1 hype. I can bide my time anyway, I got Itly and a big rock fest to look forward too before I actually get to see the movie.

187-Maul
04-27-2002, 07:58 PM
it shouldn't take long till your toysrus has them ince mine in france are slowly unpacking them too (some have some, some will have in about a week) good luck
BTW the price is 9.80 euro so that's pretty cool (for europe)

pthfnder89
04-28-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Man In The Box
they look great, but they look smaller too. may just be packaging. Of the ones I've seen Yoda and the royal guard are the best.

They are the same scale as the POTJ figures. But the POTJ figs were generally a bit smaller than previious lines. So they DO look a bit wierd when you put them next to say, Episode 1 figures, but they have a lot more detail now.

DeadEye
04-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey man in the box, I used to live in Stuttgart.

Are you in the Army?

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 10:27 AM
We have them in the Main Exchange here on Fort Knox.

AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service), got mad over the whole EP1 thing and stopped carrying Star Wars period. They never saw the POTJ figures, at least not as far as I ever saw.

Now, they decide to start carrying Star Wars EPII for the "new movie". But guess what!

They want $2.00 MORE per figure than Wal-Mart!!!

I remember when AAFES was cheaper than any of the regular retailers!
At this rate noone will buy the new stuff. And AAFES will never carry SW again.

Man In The Box
05-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Deadeye: No 'm not in the army, neither is my dad he's a GS but yeah I live on Robinson Barracks and go to school at Patch.

Sith Killer: Yeah, it ****es me off what AAFES did to with Star Wars b/c of episode 1. Thats probably the main reason why I havent been an active SW collector since begginib of 2000, although I would sometimes pick up stuff I dont have(ie when I vist the States).

So far the PX here doesnt have crap(why am I not suprised) but we havent checked the bigger PX's at other bases.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 10:18 PM
The PX's I visited in Yongsan and Uijongbu, Korea and Ft. Bliss, TX stopped ordering Star Wars toys completely after the Ep1 fiasco. Which is stupid, because the retailers have no one to blame but themselves for ordering too much merchandise. However, the 'Four Seasons' store in Yongsan still had second and third wave Ep1 figures, the Jedi Spirits and Cantina Aliens 3-packs clogging the shelves in early 2001. So I guess a little skittishness is understandable.

Man In The Box
05-06-2002, 03:19 PM
I have to check the pX again, cuz they just got the Visual dictionary things at the bookstore so maybe...

If AAFES is not doing ep 2, well their losing out cuz of their own stupidity

DarthMaulSithLord
05-06-2002, 05:47 PM
The figs are 10.99 Euro here, which is $10. They only have 3 figs at the moment and i got them all. They also had the Jedi Starfighter, but it was 44.99 Euro/$40!!!

Sick!!!

:)