PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Speeder Question

Darth_Maul25SW
04-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Anyone been able to fit an Anakin in here? Which figures fit in it??

Tycho
04-27-2002, 11:35 PM
Anakin Hanger Duel. But he can't hold the controls, and he's staring off into space above him, instead of sitting up and looking straight ahead.

He and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan both fit in the speeder, but if you display it pointing (slightly) nose down, it will look like they're flying it and not at a Drive-In movie theater.

pthfnder89
04-28-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
He and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan both fit in the speeder, but if you display it pointing (slightly) nose down, it will look like they're flying it and not at a Drive-In movie theater.

How did you get them to fit Tycho? I can get one or the other to fit (although neither of their legs go properly into the slots, they have to straddle the gearshift) but not both. It really bugs me to because I like the speeder a lot but that was a really big oversite creating it so that none of the figures can actually fit inside.
:frus:

Tycho
04-28-2002, 05:06 AM
That's strange, because mine are NOT straddling the center board (gear shift).

I am using Hanger Duel Anakin and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan, as I think I stated.

As I look at mine, only the tops of Obi-Wan's feet are under the foot slot on his side (he's not driving).

On Anakin, the steering column's hand grips come up to point just barely at the bottom of his belt.

I would say they are up and out of their seats almost like on a rollercoaster, and neither one of them has their hands on the controls, though Obi-Wan looks like he's reaching for it with his left as in "I'm sick of Anakin's 'Look Master: No hands!' Driving!"

Yes, figures could be made to fit better, but I'd say this looks pretty good, and the way Anakin drives, they would be flying out of their seats. We saw that much in the trailers.

Darth_Maul25SW
04-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Hopefully the new Tatooine attack Anakin fits better. He looks like he will.

Jargo
04-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Not with that flyaway tabard strap sculpt. It's sticking out at the side like those arm flaps on desert duel darth Maul in the cinema scene. You'll never get Tatooine Anakin in there but you will get deluxe anakin to fit because he has soft goods tabard. he also has a scream face like he's just scared himself silly in a tram tunnel or something.

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 11:17 AM

Yes, figures could be made to fit better, but I'd say this looks pretty good, and the way Anakin drives, they would be flying out of their seats. We saw that much in the trailers.

Yeah, from pics I've seen of Obi and Anakin in the speeder, Hayden seems to be laughing the whole time. :confused:

The speeders really should've come with their own pack-in figures... :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
04-28-2002, 12:03 PM
Yeah... but youknow that they would have only been able to sit in the speeder and nothing else... totally useless. :( Hasbro needs to think before they start making this stuff. Howone could design a speeder totally independent of the design of the figures is mind boggling. Oh, well... that's Hasbro for you!

Tycho
04-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Emperor Jargo - where have you seen a pic of the Deluxe Anakin with softgoods?

Could you copy and post it? Or post the link? Thanks dude!

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 04:47 AM
I had almost no trouble getting my Obi-Wan to fit in the speeder - either seat. I just had to turn his torso slightly to get it to line up right. At first I was frustrated because I couldn't get the figure's head to stay in line with the headrest, but I found a pic in my HD that shows Ani's head slightly above the line of the headrest, so I stopped being concerned about this. In passenger role, Obi-Wan Coruscant's magnet arm rests on the side of the speeder, as pilot, he has it over the other seat (can't win 'em all).

Still, it seems like the speeder should have been about 10% to 15% bigger than what they did, and I don't have an Anakin figure I want to put in there yet, so perhaps I'll have trouble with 2 figs.

NesteaFett
04-29-2002, 08:58 AM
Well, whether we wait for the deluxe Anakin or Tatooine, looks like it might be june before we have anything that fits. I'm hoping pilot Obi-Wan will do something. Any idea when he might arrive?

Nataku
04-29-2002, 11:52 AM
Emperor Jargo - where have you seen a pic of the Deluxe Anakin with softgoods?

Could you copy and post it? Or post the link? Thanks dude!

Not sure if this is how to post a picture, but:

http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=65174

or check out this thread to see pic of Deluxe Anakin w/Geonosian.

http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6346

Nataku

Wolfwood319
04-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Anyone notice how the boxes of the vehicles don't show the figures IN the vehicles. All previous vehicles' boxes have had pictures of figs in the vehicles.

For once I'm hoping we do get resculpts, as that's the only way we're going to be able to fully utilize all of the different vehicles and whatnot.

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Anyone notice how the boxes of the vehicles don't show the figures IN the vehicles. All previous vehicles' boxes have had pictures of figs in the vehicles.

For once I'm hoping we do get resculpts, as that's the only way we're going to be able to fully utilize all of the different vehicles and whatnot.

The only problem that I've had is with Anakins speeder. I have all of the other vehicles and they work great with the figures.

Beast
04-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Might wanna try slitting the sides of Anakin: Hanger Duel's skirt piece. It might allow him to sit better in the speeder, since he would be able to actually sit. His skirt stops him from going all the way into a seated position. Just an idea, I haven't done it with mine...as I don't have the speeder yet, and I would want to get an extra Ani: HD before I customize him for sitting in the speeder. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks Nataku.

...and pthfinder: shouldn't Zam's speeder been made so she can sit up a little more? I have the new C1 figure in there, but she's practically lying down in there.

Don't get me wrong. Next to Slave 1, this is my 2nd favorite vehicle because of its crash features, but still...

LTBasker
04-29-2002, 04:45 PM
...and pthfinder: shouldn't Zam's speeder been made so she can sit up a little more? I have the new C1 figure in there, but she's practically lying down in there.

Yeah, they actually should've given the speeder a snap-on removeable top and given Zam soft goods and put a joint on her right arm like they have on the left. If they want the gimmick there then they still could've kept it with that joint and that way she could sit up and have the arm articulation to reach over to both level. Was finally able to get her to grab on of them...NEVER taking her out! :D

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 06:07 PM
Thanks Nataku.

True, she is basically lying on her back, which is pretty dumb.

But I guess I'm just not bothered by that since you can really barely see her in there when the cockpit is closed.

With Anakins speeder on the other hand, the problem is much more obvious.

Tycho
04-29-2002, 06:12 PM
People shouldn't drive when they're under the influence of Hasbro. ;)

It impairs one's good judgement.

The loss of manual dexterity could impair reflexes and one might lose an arm! - or at least go so far as to twist a wrist.

Moreover, that Droid of Zam's could be really dangerous if it was armed with a Radar Gun.

You know I saw 2 cars pulled over the night of Midnight Madness - both collectors leaving one Toys R Us and heading for another one at all due speed.

In the reworked words of Sammy Haggar:

"Geoffrey wrote me up for $125
Got my Fett

Now I need Jed-EYE

so let me Get
cause I gotta Fly

You know:

I can't Drive.............. FIFTY-FIVE!"

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 05:04 AM
shouldn't Zam's speeder been made so she can sit up a little more? I have the new C1 figure in there, but she's practically lying down in there. She IS lying down in mine, I can't get the figure's hands around the controls or the legs to look normal. It's frustrating, and skimming the "Incredible Cross-Sections" book, I know why - this toy is at least 30% smaller (probably 50%) than it should be: this speeder is a 2-seater!!!