PDA

View Full Version : Frito Lay 3D Star Pics

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 01:48 AM
Has anyone bothered to collect these?

Just for fun I went on over to ebay and found a couple hundred of these up for auction.

Some were auctions for single pieces, some were for 1 color sets, some had all pieces.

There are 37 of these total:

9 purple (1 set)
9 green (1 set)
9 red (1 set)
9 blue (1 set)
1 Gold (Clonetrooper)

Each set is the same design, just 4 different colors. The gold Clonetrooper is supposed to be HTF.

I found a couple dozen auctions for the gold piece. I also saw 1-2 dozen auctions for sets WITH a bonus gold Clonetrooper. I do not believe that these will be rare.

A funny side note. I found 1 auction with all 37 pieces for $83.00:eek: and another auction with all 37 had a buy it now price of $44.00:D

Also, Frito Lay put a little note on their bags "All 3D Star Pics are of equal value." ! LOL;) Too funny, what is that about?

Anyway, I suppose I will end up with a set eventually.

But is anyone here hunting for these?

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 11:08 AM
I was thinking about trying to get 2 of each sets - 1 set of each color with Anakin, the other sets with the Clone. Guess I won't have too much trouble finding the pieces. :D

As for the auctions, well you know how people are, any way to make a buck that they don't have to work for.

JediDan
04-28-2002, 11:12 AM
I'm not falling for it this time. Last time (TPM) I tried to collect all those pieces that came in the Frito Lay bags of chips. I got half and kept buying and buying in order to finish the collection. As I said before I only got half so FORGET it this time, not worth the time and money.

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 12:24 PM
I almost got a whole set of those pogs that were in some chips from when the SE came out. I think I only missed around 5... :cool:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2002, 11:13 AM
I bought 2 bags of the 12-pack mini bags of Cheetos and Doritos, and I got 2 Obi-Wans! :frus: Well, one was purple and one blue. Yippee. The quality of them is closer to a cookie cutter mold. Disappointing, but I didn't plan on collecting the set anyway, just seeing a couple.

mabudonicus
04-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey Bel Cam, hold em up to the light!! They're AWESOME IMO. I thought they were junk too, til I looked at em right. I've only spent about 5-10 bucks on them, and I've got the CT already. It seems (in Canada so far, anyways) that most bags (4 so far) have at least 2 in em. Oddly, the "details" say that "at least 4 of 5 marked bags" have them. I've gotten 2 that didn't have jack in em, and 4 that had 2. Odd, huh?? I mean, who ever heard of SW stuff being poorly distributed,eh?? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2002, 01:05 PM
So far I have Obi Wan, Anakin, and of course, Jango.

sith_killer_99
04-29-2002, 05:56 PM
I have 2 Obi-Wans:rolleyes: Mace and Dooku:(

JediDan
04-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Odd, huh?? I mean, who ever heard of SW stuff being poorly distributed,eh?? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL :D :D

Eternal Padawan
04-30-2002, 12:04 AM
What whatsis in whose bags? I've got a bag o' chips here with nuffin' in it. Is it certain sizes? Damn fat filled chips. :mad:

2-1B
04-30-2002, 12:48 AM
E.T.'s Padawan,
so far I've only seen bags of Cheetos and variety packs of the single serving size chips that have these pieces. Doritos and other Lay's chips only have pictures of characters like Anakin and Padme.

mabudonicus
05-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Here in Canada at least, the "big grab", dollar sized lays brand (doritos extreme seems to be the most common) are the ones. Even the ones that say "free star pic inside" MAY NOT contain one, as the "details" say that only "at least 4 out of 5" bags have them inside.
The big bags have pics of Mace and Jango and, oddly, DO NOT HAVE JACK IN EM. I found out the hard way, after woofing down a whole bag trying to get to the prize, only to read that there's nuffin in em, indeed.
So yeah, 99cent Big Grab bags(Ive seen em in ketchup chips as well)
Anyone know how they make them "star pics"? A buddy of mine says that I'm wrong the way I say they're done.
Oh, and the Leafs won against the Isles last night. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
05-01-2002, 12:27 PM
What's a ketchup chip? :confused:

Did you ever eat a Cheeto that was not fully "cooked"? You take a bite, and the innards are mush . . . creepy at first bust bursting with flavor.

mabudonicus
05-01-2002, 12:46 PM
So that's the problem with the US- you don't have ketchup chips!! Actually, they're just like sweet BBQ chips. Personally I hate em. I know this is off topic, but you asked, man. You know what's worse than those "half cooked", greasy as all get out cheetos? When you accidentally eat one of them solidified chunks of doritos "flavour". Ever get that? It kinda tastes like you just ate all of the game worn equipment right after the super bowl, or something. To be avoided at ALL COSTS. WOOOOOO!!!!!

2-1B
05-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Ever have dill pickle chips? They can be tasty but they're so sour it makes my eye twitch. :crazed:
Yes, I've had solid Dorito "flavor".

Oh yeah, 3D star pics - I think I'll go for a whole set, a friend is collecting them so he will trade his dupes. I don't care about the color scheme though, just the characters. :)

bobafett07728
05-01-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm kinda going for a whole set. I'm buying at least one of all the different Frito Lay bags though. If in my process of doing this I get all of the StarPics. . .cool. . .if not I'll have to see what I need and take it from there. I already have the Clone Tooper, and a handful of the others. No dupes yet, so I guess that is a bonus. I haven't seen the Big Grab of chips advertising SW yet, but I'll keep my eyes open, and the Ketchup Chips are regional, and I've only seen them once or twice around here(NJ.) Hopefully I'll track those down as well. Good luck all!

PloKoon2385
05-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Well I have two, Yoda and Dooku. I am probably going to end up being sucked into buying more just to see them. I won't do anything dumb, but I will have to pretend I like chips more than I actually do...

r2dee2
05-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Here's the list I have so far:

FRITOLAY

FritoLay With 3D Star Pics SCAN and negative SCAN as you might see held up to the light.

Collect and connect all 10 to see secret characters. With Rare Collectible Clone Trooper! Mix and Match 4 cool color combos! Clip Ďem on! Take Ďem to go! Hold up to the light! For more fun, go to ePloids.com to bid on 3D Star Pics and get great game ideas! (3D Star Pics- Zam Wesell, Padme Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Jango Fett, Count Dooku, R2-D2/C-3P0, Mace WinduÖÖÖ and rare Clone TrooperÖ.secret characters: Darth Vader, young Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia) Paper Inserts- Padme Amidala & Anakin Skywalker; R2-D2, C-3P0 & Obi-Wan Kenobi; Yoda & Mace Windu, Zam Wesell/Count Dooku & Jango Fett; Clone Troopers.

FritoLay Cheetos Dangerously Cheesey Puffs 11 oz (Anakin Skywalker)
FritoLay Cheetos Dangerously Cheesey Crunchy 91/2 oz (Anakin Skywalker)
FritoLay Cheetos Dangerously Cheesey Crunchy 131/2 oz (12 individual packages (Jango Fett)
FritoLay Cheetos Dangerously Cheesey Puffs 131/2 oz bag of 12 individual packages (Jango Fett)
FritoLay Cheetos Dangerously Hot 91/2 oz (Anakin Skywalker)
*FritoLay Dangerously Cheesey Cheetos X' and O's 10 oz (Anakin Skywalker)
*Cracker Jack 3 1/2 oz (Anakin Skywalker)
FritoLay Doritosí Cooler Ranch 12 bags to go
FritoLay 3Dís Doritosí Jalapeno Cheddar 7 oz (Padme Amidala)
FritoLay 3Dís Doritosí Nacho Cheesier 7 oz (Padme Amidala)
*FritoLay 3Dís Doritosí Nacho Cheesier 12 1 oz packs to go 12oz total (Jango Fett)
FritoLay 3Dís Doritosí Zesty Ranch 7 oz (Padme Amidala)
FritoLay 3Dís Planet Lunch Pack 8 bags Classic Pack 8 ľ oz (Padme Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, Clone trooper, R2, C3P0, Obi-Wan Yoda and Mace)
FritoLay 3Dís Ruffles BBQ Blast 7 oz (Obi-Wan)
FritoLay 3Dís Ruffles Maximum Cheddar 7 oz (Obi-Wan)
*FritoLay 3Dís Ruffles Supreme Sour Cream & Onion Potato snacks) 7 oz (Obi-Wan)
FritoLay 3Dís Planet Lunch Pack 24 bags Classic Pack 25 1/2 oz 2 3C Star Pics inside
*Funyuns Onion Flavored Rings 12 3/4 oz sack 9 Oz total (Jango Fett)

FritoLay with no inserts

*FritoLay Doritosí Cooler Ranch Tortillia Chips 13 1/2oz (Jango/ Mace)
FritoLay Doritos Spicier Nacho 131/2 oz (Clone trooper)
FritoLay Doritos Nacho Cheesier 131/2 oz oz (Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala)
FritoLay Layís KC Masterpiece Barbecue Potato Chips 121/4 oz (Obi Wan and Jango Fett)
FritoLay Layís Sour Cream & Onion 121/4 oz (Yoda and Obi Wan)
FritoLay Layís Classic 121/4 oz (Anakin and Padme Amidala)
FritoLay Ruffles Original 121/4 oz (Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan)
FritoLay Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream 121/4 oz (Yoda and Mace Windu)
FritoLay Ruffles Bulls Eye BBQ Original 121/4 oz (Jango Fett)
FritoLay Wavy Lays Original Potato Chips 121/4 oz (C-3P0 and R2-D2)

PloKoon2385
05-05-2002, 12:03 AM
I got the "rare" clonetrooper! Yaay! Yawn...... I seem to have however misplaced my Dooku and Yoda...:confused: :stupid: