PDA

View Full Version : Which SAGA figs have you opened up already?

humsup
04-28-2002, 10:26 AM
I managed to obtain a 2nd Jango Fett Kamino Escape today and decided to open him up. And by that, is my first opened SAGA carded fig :D
A very cool looking figure and after putting on the helmet, he looks more cool. A great opener IMO. Would love to get my hands on a Clonetrooper now.
Which is your first?

CrossWizard
04-28-2002, 10:31 AM
All of them, to the very last. I do not see the fun in paying $6-$7 for an action figure just so that you can keep it carded and stash it away in a closet or a bin. I like my figures to be free from their cardboard and plastic prisons so I can admire and enjoy them.

linsjedi
04-28-2002, 10:33 AM
i have opened clone trooper red, jango and boba fett, plo koon, yoda, obi-wan, hangar duel anakin, dooku, r2d2, zam wessell and luminara(the best one of all).

i bought all the figures. i got doubles of the ones i opened.

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 10:38 AM
I opened:

Basic 3 3/4:

Royal Guard (Favorite EPII figure so far)
Jango Fett Kamino Escape
Clone Trooper (Red)
Tusken (Mother and Child)
Zam Wesell
Padme' Amidala
Nikto (Jedi Master)

Deluxe:

Jango Fett
I also bought Slave 1, but it is on layaway right now. I can't wait to open that sucker!

hehehe, I also opened TIE Bomber, AT-ST, and Snowspeeder!

hango fett
04-28-2002, 10:45 AM
i have deluxe jango, deluxe mace, jango (preview), HD ani, and clonetrooper (preview) opened. the best one so far is a tie bettween Deluxe jango and HD anikan...2 very cool figures...but i'm aiming to get all the jedi/sith that come out out of the pack so i can setup a grand battle...w/ a few super battle droids/ regular battle droids/ (red) clonetroopers for the circle effect...

jobi
04-28-2002, 10:48 AM
I've opened

Dexter
Nikto
Plo Koon
Kit Fisto

I am about to open a Dooku and a Luminari

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 11:09 AM
I've opened:

Dooku
Luminara
Plo Koon
Super Battle Droid
Battle Droid
Royal Guard
Hanger Duel Anakin
Bounty Hunter Zam.

JediDan
04-28-2002, 11:40 AM
Hangar Duel Ani. What a piece of crap, after I opened him I decided not to open any more up. Are all the Saga figs this cheap? He looks alot better on the card than opened.

Taichi
04-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Opened:

Yoda
Luminara Unduli
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Anakin Hangar Duel

Carded
Yoda

Dexter
04-28-2002, 02:37 PM
I opened up all the figures that looked really neat:

Yoda
Luminara Unduli
Royal Guard
R2-D2
Count Dooku
Anakin Hangar Duel
Jar-Jar

I usually think the Royal Guard is a stupid figure, but this time he's my second favorite in the line--Yoda being the first, of course. I also love R2 and Jar-Jar. I wish I left Luminara in the package. That way I wouldn't have found out that she has two points of articulation--Blech. I like the Darth Sidious Hologram more than I like Dooku. Dooku's eyes look all wrong--they make him look scared. I think Jedi Duel Anakin looks great on display, but he's HORRIBLE for play value. I can't get him to cross his lightsabers at all, and his darn arm keeps falling off...

I think I can safely assume that Jar-Jar will NEVER be a rare collector's item, so I should be able to open him without worries... :D

Wolfwood319
04-28-2002, 02:38 PM
I've opened all of them.

My faves are

HD Anakin
Padme
Kit Fisto
Dexter Jetster
Super Battledroid
Nikto Jedi
DLX Mace

Jaina Solo
04-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Opened so far:
Padme
C-3PO
Boba Fett

3PO kinda sucks. The attatchable/removable parts are strange, and I can't get the face covering to go on very well, which leaves 3PO looking like he's wearing a suit of armor. Very strange.

Forhekset
04-28-2002, 03:30 PM
I opened all of mine. I open (almost) everything I buy. :)

Jaina: You gotta press his armor parts on pretty tight or else he'll probably end up looking way too bulky. Once I got his parts on nice and snug mine looked great.

hango fett
04-28-2002, 03:35 PM
i finaly got the jedi i really wanted out of the pack. he is very sweet! that little lightsaber cracks me up! does anyone else have this yoda out and wants to share there experience about him?..............now...on to dooku out of the pack

Evan Nash
04-28-2002, 03:56 PM
I finally got Yoda myself a few days ago. I am really happy with him. He's probably one of my all-time favorite figures now.

He's got a cool pose, sculpt, a libersaber, stick, and platform. He's got it all.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-28-2002, 05:54 PM
I just got mine today!!!!!!!!! I found him and Count Dooku today at my Wal-Mart!!!!!!!!!
I love him a lot!!!!!! :D
His lightsaber is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only thing is that mine only has a little bit of gray in his hair....
It's like his hair wasn't painted!!!!!!! :(
Does anybody else's Yoda have this??!?!

asiandoood
04-28-2002, 08:03 PM
I still need to find a yoda and dooku :(

Omega Fett
04-28-2002, 08:08 PM
ya my yoda dont got alot of grey

Dar' Argol
04-28-2002, 10:03 PM
Open:
Count Dooku
Dexter Jettster
Yoda
HD Anakin
Jango Fett (KE)
Shaak Ti
Luminari
Red Clone Trooper
Obi-Wan (chase)
Kit Fisto

Carded:
All of them

:D

QLD
04-28-2002, 10:15 PM
All 27 of them. What else would you do with them?

Echo_7
04-28-2002, 10:35 PM
I bought an extra to open, and glad I did. I must say besides the clone trooper, this has to be one of the coolest figures released.

CrossWizard
04-28-2002, 11:05 PM
My Yoda doesnt seem to have any carvings or sculpts to indicate hair, just some slim and weak brush strokes of gray in his head.

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 05:05 AM
I opened all the ones I have, but I think I remember opening Jango and Deluxe Dooku first when I got home from TRU last Monday night/Tuesday morning, then I went to sleep and opened the rest when I woke the next day.

IMO, Super Battle Droid just begs to be opened and played with (just make sure you're paying attention as the spring in the SBD is powerful and the torso blows up quite effectively), but most of them really fit into that category.

Jango_in_Germany
04-29-2002, 08:46 AM
i got 2 of each of the AOTC and preview Jango Fetts, opened them both.
now i have my POTF 300th Boba Fett (opened) flanked by the Jango Fetts, one on each side sitting on my computer desk with blasters drawn.

NesteaFett
04-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Opened everything I got! They're toys and with them my inner child is found. Actually, I'm child all around. I was up till like 4 in the morning playing with them. Roomate wasn't too pleased.

CrossWizard
04-29-2002, 09:15 AM
now i have my POTF 300th Boba Fett (opened) flanked by the Jango Fetts

That picture reminded me of the show My Two Dads :p

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Yes! Open everything! I even opened doubles fo my Geonosians and quadruples of my Super Battle Droid. I remember thinking this was a goofily designed character, like some bad sci fi movie robot. Then I realized thats what they are and am buying tons to have surrounding my Jedi circle. Eventually, I might buy another copy of each on clearance to keep carded.

Cool pic JiG! It's like a squad of Mandalorians ready for whupass.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2002, 11:20 AM
As lame as the Deluxe figures look (Dooku and Obi-Wan have their sabers modeled to their hands, but there's a reson for that), that Force-Flipping Action is great! The first two times I tried it, it worked perfectly! I have yet to get it right since. I'm not saying what the action really is, so more of you can open your TOYS!

Quite-Long Dong
All 27 of them. What else would you do with them?
That's right! Toys! When I have all 31 (27 + 4 Deluxes/Deluxii? ) I will have opened, as Sidious put it, "all of them." :)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2002, 11:36 AM
That pic of the Jangos x2 and Boba is pretty good. Being a carded collector I have a hard time opening up anything. I found an extra CT and ZW this weekend to open and still can't bring myself to do it. I think I have OCD. :crazed: