PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Master Points

iamafoolru12
04-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Hey,
Im a new memeber to the board but there's been something thats been bugging me since Episode 1. WHAT ARE THE JEDI MASTER POINTS FOR? Now that i have a bunch of them after my AOTC shopping spree, i want to know even more. Are they for a game? Can you save them up to get stuff? Are they just for decoration? I need an answer!!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2002, 12:40 PM
People have been asking that since those useless pieces of crap started showing up in 1999 on the Episode I figures. Nobody has any idea why they're there! In some other country (when I say "other" I mean not the US), they could be redeemed for Star Wars goodies, including the elusive -- and crappy -- Obi-Wan with little sub thing that never appeared in the movie, books, or anywhere else. Hopefully something like that will take place here.

Taichi
04-28-2002, 12:52 PM
I hope so.....I got so many of these damn things it ain't funny....

it'd be nice to see an exclusive figure.....or TF Vader or Jorg for like, 20,000 JM Points......

and the reason it'd be 20,000 JM points, is simple.....

EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER COULD GET ONE......because we ALL have a ton of JM points!!!

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2002, 01:22 PM
I redeemed mine for my Episode I Sneak Preview Mace Windu. Thats where I got all my extra stormtroopers, snowtroopers, & emperor. I figured since I am going to be opening up some figures, it might as well be ones that I wouldnt mind having a lot of!!!

As for now? Who knows! But I know I have a drawer full of them little buggers now!

Taichi
04-29-2002, 02:43 PM
How did you redeem them?, I've never seen any offers that would let me get free figures like Mace, Snowtroopers, and Stormtroopers......

fourtwo
04-29-2002, 03:15 PM
20,000?
are you insane?

BanthaPoodoo
04-29-2002, 03:17 PM
There was a redemption at Wal-Mart around the time of EI that said send in so & so # of pts & the receipt where you bought em & we will send you the figure.

We have a store around here in MS called Hudson's Salvage (http://www.hudsonsalvageinc.com/) where they have all kinds of stuff discounted. I didnt want to spend all the money for this figure at WM prices, so I dropped over to Hudsons, got my figures for cheap (like 2 a piece for the emperor, snowtroopers, stormtroopers figures) freed them from their prison, cut out the pts. & then sent them on their way with the receipt to get my figure!

Hey, it didnt say where to get em from or how, it just said send em in & you can get it! So I did, & I have it now in its mailer box, still in its pristine condition inside its plastic prison!!!!!!!!

*** EDIT *** I stand corrected, I was looking for info on this on the net & found out you had to send in 6 POP's (proofs of purchase) and a receipt for six Hasbro Star Wars toys dated between 10/1/98 and 12/31/98. So I didnt send in Jedi Points technically, but being that they are part of the POP, I did redeem em.........

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 03:21 PM
hey welcome.
I have these things by the ton too.I realize that with the shop lifting issue and all they need a reciept if we ever get to redeem these things.But how many of you have reciepts for all your points?I don't.

bobafett07728
04-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Good point Dryanta. And if I remember correctly. . .when you sent in the UPCs for the Mace Windu you needed dated receipts within a certain time period. If that is the case. . .that would deem all of our jedi points more useless than they already are!!!!!! Even if we still had the receipts, some of them would be over 3 years old!!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-23-2002, 12:27 AM
It took me about a week to gather all the opened boxes that were gathering dust from the basement and snip the points from them, but I am finally done and have reached a final tabulation:

Jedi Master Points 650

Micro Points (from Action Fleet/Micro Machines Star Wars stuff) 188

I had pretty much saved every box that I have opened up until this point, but then I finally realized that I had no use of keeping them, so they have been since disposed.

This number isn't too bad considering that I am a mainly carded collector, and most of my stuff is in-the-box and thus the points remain there. I am almost sure my Jedi Points would be double and ditto for the Action Fleet stuff as well.

Of course having a high number of Jedi Points is like winning 50 cents in the lottery. :frus: There like confederate dollars--Hasbro make something useful out of them!

Jayspawn
12-23-2002, 01:32 AM
I wish Hasbro would do something w/ the Jedi Master Points. I just keep getting more and more.

By the way, welcome to the forums iamafoolru12!

jedihunter25
12-23-2002, 02:17 AM
If I even tried to count my Jedi Master Points, I'm shure it will be over 1,000,000- (been collecting since 95 + lots of army building) That should be enough for a free Imperial Shuttle. They should do something like a free Toyfair Vader or what Hasbro now thinks- the unwanted Sandcrawler with these Jedi Master Points.

187-Maul
12-23-2002, 08:31 AM
I don't exactly know how much points I have but I guess about 200-300, so not that much

BTW Jayspawn, did you notice that Iamafoolru12 registered sometime in april and his last post was in may...:)