PDA

View Full Version : the best and the worst of the SAGA figs so far...

hango fett
04-28-2002, 11:28 AM
what is the best SAGA figure out to date and what is the wosrt out to date..

IMO, the best figure to date has to be....yoda. the worst has to be.......OPD anikan. no real lightsaber, has a tiny little blaster, and a stupid "storage case that opens with force action." whoo hoo...

what ja think?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2002, 11:33 AM
I actually, believe it or not, like Peasant Anakin. His blaster is the same size, if not bigger, than Bespin Capture Han from POTJ. the lightsaber is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but it's not like we'll never get another cloaked Anakin.:crazed:

hango fett
04-28-2002, 11:39 AM
WOW! that was the fastest i have ever gotten a reply on here! thanks for veiwing...

they could have a soft goods cloak. that would make up for the lack of articulation....

kadamontaga
04-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Aren't there already about 10 threads in this forum asking this question? Oh well, I love voicing my opinions...

Best figure seen so far: Yoda
Best figure bought so far: Yoda
Honoury mention: Nikto and R2

Worst figure seen so far: Anakin OPD
Worst figure bought so far: Captain Typho
Honoury mention: Anakin HD

CrossWizard
04-28-2002, 11:53 AM
In my opinion the best so far are:

Yoda
Dooku
Clonetrooper
Anakin HD
Zam BH
Kit Fisto
Obi Wan Chase
Super Battle Droid
Jango Kamino
Boba Kamino

The Worst:

Anakin OPD
Battle Droid
C3P0
Nikto Jedi
Jango Fett Deluxe

Evan Nash
04-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Best from AOTC Saga: Yoda

From ANY Saga: 30th Boba Fett

Worst from AOTC Saga: Super Battle Driod

Worst from ANY Saga: Special Edition Work Droid

I was REALLY impressed witht he AOTC Yoda. So good.

Taichi
04-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Hmm

Best Figure? That's a tie, between Yoda, Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, and Shaak Ti (I like Jedis, okay?)

Worst?

I don't really like Peasant Anakin.....but I'm definitely not gonna get Taun We, due to her/his scale.....

and I like the POTJ Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin better.....

leenovak
04-28-2002, 05:33 PM
I've only bought 10 so far, the best of which by far being Jango Fett. Great accessories, easy to stand, great paint job. A+ for him

The most disappointing one, by far, the Clone Trooper. Gah! The paint job looks like a grade school kid did it, the rifle he's holding is worthless, and the rock that's supposed to stand on is molded incorrectly. Thank God he came with a decent tri-pod gun he can stand behind.

Evan Nash
04-28-2002, 05:44 PM
I would not say that the Nikto is one of the worst. He's one of the best.

Jango is, definatly one of the better figures as well. I don't like the grappling hook rope, but at least they're trying.

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Best:
HD Anakin
Dexter
Yoda
Tusken Female with kid

Worst:
Sassy Teen
Padme
Threepio
Jar Jar

Sadly, three of the worst are some of the figures I want most (Padme, Threepio and Jar Jar).:cry:

chris
04-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Yoda and Jango Fett KE are the best so far IMO. I don't like the OPD Anakin at all though. It's the worst so far.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-28-2002, 06:01 PM
What's wrong with Super BattleDroid!??!?!

subMERGE
04-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Best- Padme ( my favorite)
Zam
HD Anakin
Yoda
Luminara (wish I had it. This is the only one I couldn't find)
Royal Guard

Worst- Dooku
Obi-Wan (basic figure)
Super Battle Droid
Kit Fisto ( just didn't like him)

Pointless- Battle Droid

Beast
04-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Sadly, three of the worst are some of the figures I want most (Padme, Threepio and Jar Jar).:cry:
I know what you mean BigB, while I still like the Jar Jar figure I would have prefered a neutral pose for him, since he is wearing his Senate Speech outfit. Unlike the Jedi's I'm not sure if he fights anything in the movie, but his pose doesn't really fit standing next to Orn Fre Taa and Chancellor Palpy. But hopefully we will get a re-sculpt of him next year in the Senator Robes we see in the trailers instead.

We luckily have a new E2 C-3PO coming with a Battle Droid in the Deluxe line, so I can deal with the less then perfect E2 C-3PO for now. And hopefully we will get a non-torn version of Padme's Arena outfit with the Deluxe Nexu. It's her main outfit in the film, so I bet we see more then one version, sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
04-28-2002, 06:41 PM
this really made me made!! i accedentaly dropped my yoda and the lightsaber blade broke off!!!!!!!! what a unfortunet turn of events! just when life was good! ....

Wolfwood319
04-28-2002, 06:55 PM
I broke my Kit Fisto's lightsaber, but I glued it and all is good now.

I think the best are;

Kit Fisto
Dlx Mace
HD Anakin
Padme
Dexter
Super Battledroid
Nikto Jedi

Worst;

Arena Battledroid
Outland Anakin
Jango Fett
Taun We
Royal Guard

JEDIpartner
04-28-2002, 07:00 PM
HAH! Caught you playing with your figures!!! :evil: Sorry to hear about the lightsabre- I had a couple near misses when mine got bent. I like and dislike the removable blades because of that weak little peg at the bottom. Oh, well...

My favourite figures:

Obi-Wan (chase)
Super Battle Droid... c'mon... this is a cool TOY!!!
Geonosian Warrior
Artoo... it's also a fun toy- but dammit! Can we finally get a decent Artoo with a retractable leg???

The stinkiest figures... (and I didn't buy these)

Battle Droid... what's the flippin' point?? Just put out the brown ones. The joint "connections" on this thing look like crap!
Nikto Jedi- he looks like he's taking a big blue pee.
Saesee Tiin
Padme, Padme, Pamde... what a piece of JUNK!!!!

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Artoo... it's also a fun toy- but dammit! Can we finally get a decent Artoo with a retractable leg???

The Commtech Artoo with Holo Leia is still the best version of Artoo made. He is the only Artoo I use for whatever scene I am trying to display, cuz once you clip off his restraining bolt he can be used for any scene from any SW movie.

NesteaFett
04-28-2002, 07:37 PM
Big blue pee! Ha ha! Anyways, I'll say my favorite figures are the Clone Trooper and Yoda (Sorry, he's got a midget lightsaber). I would've really liked Zam Wessel if it wasn't for her "Put 'em up" arm. I also love the R2. He beeps dammit! I guess a quote from Zam Wessel in the new movie will be, "Do not mind the fact that my gun is ready to...PUT 'EM UP!" Ok, you had to be there. For the record, lightsabers are fun to use in college dorms! Get one if ya live in one. You gotta turn off all the lights too.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2002, 07:43 PM
I'm not that adventurous... :D While I think he looks pretty good there, I still don't like him that much. I think that sculpt is still subpar in comparison to a *gulp* pack-in Astromech like RED from the Royal Starship. I think that one is a better sculpt than Holo Leia Artoo, but Holo Leia Artoo is the best Artoo to date. I'll paint my figures, but clip off his nipple?? Can't do it... :eek:

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 04:01 AM
Best: Dexter Jettster

Worst: I don't have a choice here as I didn't buy any figures I didn't like the looks of. However, of the worst of what I bought: R2-D2

I kinda like Anakin OPD, sure the saber arm is easily my least-favorite gimmick so far, but the rest is pretty neat.

NesteaFett
04-29-2002, 07:46 AM
I agree, I don't know why, but the overall covering and the outfit of Anakin OPD just keeps me staring. Awe, the poncho, isn't it great! Off topic, but why is it that most Jedi's when seeking a disquise where a poncho?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2002, 10:48 AM
The best figure hands down is the clone trooper with his two cool guns and numerous points of articulation. A close second is Zam.

All you guys saying stuff like Dexster and Kit and the one-pose wonder Jedi are the best figures don't know what you're talking about. I think you should be banned from playing with your figures and should just send them all to me before you hurt yourselves. ;) j/k

sunblind
04-29-2002, 11:07 AM
what i think, is that its hard to really pose ANY of the figures with out them falling over.

Swccg Horde
04-29-2002, 12:29 PM
The Best: Yoda (whats not to like about this figure, he has his own saber and a really mean look on his face)

The Worst: Battle Droid (who really needs more of these)

Sith Vicious
04-29-2002, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen Dooku or Yoda yet so I can't comment on them.

Worst I didn't buy:
Anakin Peasant
C3PO
Arena Battle Droid

Worst I did buy:
Taun We
Zam Wessel
Shaak Ti

Best:
Clonetrooper (Although the paint job isn't great)
Kit Fisto

I guess I'm one of the few people that dislike the new Zam, but the stance looks goofy to me and the press on face doesn't fit right.

RooJay
04-29-2002, 06:29 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but aren't there already SEVERAL threads with this topic in these forums?

hango fett
04-29-2002, 06:34 PM
i just gave my clonetrooper (preivew) a new paint job! i sprayed black spraypaint on him at a far distance and now he looks like he has been in a cool battle with allot of blasters hitting him! ;)

wampa ems
04-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Best:
Yoda
Jango Fett
Super Battle Droid
Kit Fisto

Worst:
Padme
Plo Koon
Anakin Pesant
Seasee Tin

squee666
04-30-2002, 11:28 AM
Favs:
Luminara
Dexter
Count Dooku(i really like the neutral pose and Sidious hologram)
Captain Typho(at first glance he doesn't look like anything special until you put that awesome helmet on. He could easily double as a mos Eisley patron, or goon in Jabbas palace. Definate EU bounty hunter potential as well.

Least favs;
Padme(didn't even bother to buy her.
Zam( I bought this figure purposely to fit in speeder. Big suprise SHE DOESN'T!!!!