PDA

View Full Version : Where is Aura Sing?

Freedom
04-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Does Aura Sing not make an appearance in EII? What was all the hype? Will she be in EIII?

Bosskman
04-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Let's hope she's in what comes out of the Acklay when he gets cut open.

Pendo
04-28-2002, 12:41 PM
Apparently she is responsible for Shmi's death and NOT the Tusken Raiders, so she must appear somewhere in Ep2 or 3.

PENDO!

Taichi
04-28-2002, 01:09 PM
I like Aurra.....too bad I couldn't ask her.....she's in Pittsburgh this weekend.....

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Bosskman, grrrrrr!;)

DeadEye
04-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Aurra will probably buy the farm in EP3, as we don't see her in the OT.

Wolfwood319
04-28-2002, 02:40 PM
The one character I hate more than Boba Fett. At least Fett had more than a half second of screen time. Aurra flashes by the screen, and then all of a sudden she's all the rage. Pathetic.

I hope she's not in any more of the films, as I thought she looked stupid. Oh well, just wishful thinking.

Jedi Clint
04-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Sing has nothing to do with Shmi's death.

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Again I say grrrrrr!

Aurra Sing has an interesting back story.

Her popularity is no different than that of Boba Fett, and look what is happening with THAT storyline!:eek:

I love it, all those naysayers, who talked bad about Boba "he was a punk" "he got killed by a blind man" "we never saw him DO anything in the OT"!!!

So what! He also happens to be a KEY character! The clone of Jango! Who served as the template for the Clone Troopers!

Just because WE didn't SEE a character do much of anything in the movie dosen't mean that their character is lame.

As for screen time. HA! From a collectors point of view Aurra Sing had every bit as much right to be immortalized in plastic as BoShek!!! MORE so, considering she had her own comics and was a big part of the EU around EP1! I also FIRMLY believe that if Hasbro had not made her when they did, many collectors would have been screaming for her within a few years, or at least asking for her.

:crazed:

Um, so anyway, just my 2 cent.

BTW, Michonne is a hottie! Hence my avatar!:D

Bosskman
04-28-2002, 05:11 PM
Ode to aurra sing

aurra sing, aurra sing, how I hate thee
I hate your ugly face
I hate your skanky jumpsuit
I hate you more than any other
How I long for some noxious animal to feast upon your fetid flesh while you still live,
How I long to go at you with a chainsaw and limb you like a dead tree
O, that that pleasure could be mine!
How sweet it yould be
Your stench is so foul it blocks the suns of Tatooine
Your odor so pungent, Jabba yould vomit in disgust
The Rancor would choke on you
In sickliness, The Wampa would discard your meaty bones, preferring to starve rather than eat of your vomitousness
Stench
Ugliness
Orange
Pasty white
sing, you stink to High Heaven
I cannot wait until your hidiousness is erased from all memory

sith_killer_99
04-28-2002, 05:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Freedom
04-28-2002, 05:55 PM
I didn't mean to stard a debate on who likes or doesn't. i just wanted to know, since she was put on screen for 2 seconds in EI, does she have any relivance to the rest of the story, and if so, when? If not, why was she in the movie to begin with? If George simply liked the look of the character, why not have her walk by on the streets of Mos Espa?

mrhat
04-28-2002, 06:23 PM
From the comic book adapatation, Aurra Sing is not in it, at all, nor is she mentioned, by anyone. I am pretty sure the tuskins did it, from the scene where he finds her, and if you look at the acessory with the anikin on amizon.com, he comes with the, um, thing she is found on. I am almost positive no foul play was involved by outside forces. other than the tuskins. If it really was someone else, oops on anikins part (youll have to find out what that means)

derek
04-28-2002, 07:00 PM
what accessory are you refering to mr. hat?

oh, and say hello to mr. garrison.:)

mrhat
04-28-2002, 07:03 PM
The acessory i reffer to is a tied together thing of sticks on the upcoming Anakin Tattoine Attack, it looks very similar to that in the comic. Shmi is kinda slanidly laying there when Ani finds her.

derek
04-28-2002, 07:14 PM
mr. hat,

i checked amazon's site and couldn't find the figure you referred to. could you post a pic of it? thanks. oh, mr hat! stop that!:crazed:

mrhat
04-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Go to the Picture Archive, click on Hasbro: Saga-Then Click Action Figures Basic, and click on Anakin (Tattoine Attack) and click on Accessories. After looking at i again, it might not be the thing she is found on. Tuskins tend to have Similer Structures.

Jargo
04-28-2002, 08:47 PM
That accessory looks more like a Native American papoose thingy to stick the wee kiddies in than a torture rack. I don't think hasbro could get away with producing a torture rack perse. I guess you could customise it to make Shmi suffer a bit but that looks like the pack-in child with the Tusken female will fit in it perfecto.

Aurra Sing was a flash in the pan. She exists in the EU because the comic book creators liked how she looked and decided to expand her story. God knows, she actually looked different and vaguely interesting. Although as a bounty hunter I'm not sure she'd cut it dressed in red. And the trained as a Jedi thing was a bit far fetched. Does everybody in the star wars galaxy have Jedi connections? Tre boring. If they'd said she was a trapper who hunted wild animals to sell their pelts at market I might have gone for it. Hunters wear bright colours to avoid being shot by other hunters so that'd work but a bounty hunter? yeah, whatever.....

I think Zam looks more bounty hunter like but even her purple outfit is a bit garish, as is Jango's gleaming silver and blue outfit. Like you wouldn't spot them a mile off! Honestly. :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Aurra Sing was a flash in the pan. She exists in the EU because the comic book creators liked how she looked and decided to expand her story.

Exactly. So far there hasn't been any evidence of Aurra being in any of the other films. So hopefully her fans have TPM on DVD cause they're gonna need that freeze frame action in order to enjoy her "brilliance" :D;)

Jason B
04-29-2002, 06:49 PM
if i were GL, i would completely ignore the fan's stupid wishes. he's warping the entire saga over a bounty hunter that gets killed by a blind guy, and dies screaming like a girly. :rolleyes:

RooJay
04-29-2002, 08:43 PM
I could've sworn there was a lot of talk from Lucasfilm, and Lucas himself, that Aurra was not only going to be IN AOTC, but that she was going to figure into the story somehow. What happened there? Did he forget, change his mind, or is this going to be one of the few secrets that have actually been kept from us?

Jedi Clint
04-29-2002, 09:04 PM
There isn't one mention of Sing in the entire novel.

Jason B
04-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint

SWEET!! now if we could only get rid of the Fett's. ;)

Eternal Padawan
04-30-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint

Sure there is! It's right there on page...never mind.

2-1B
04-30-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
So hopefully her fans have TPM on DVD cause they're gonna need that freeze frame action in order to enjoy her "brilliance" :D;)
And "Zoom". don't forget the "Zoom" button. :D

sith_killer, I just KNEW I recognized your avatar, I couldn't place it. :)
I remember reading an interview with Michonne (in the Insider perhaps) where she stated that George said he would make her character a stare in just seconds. Looks like he was right in some capacity. :rolleyes:

My personal theory, based on nothing thus rendering it anything other than a theory, is that Georgie wanted to go with a new look for a female bounty hunter and Zam Wessel was created to replace Aurra conceptually. No proof, but it works for me. :D

The notion that Aurra had anything to do with the Tuskens is logically impossible.

EDIT
Do you fellas think I'm a goon for paying the Insider 15 bones for an autographed Michonne/Aurra pic?

gibbyhayes
04-30-2002, 02:09 AM
Bosskman wrote a song. Doesn't that make anyone else feel creepy?

Wolfwood319
04-30-2002, 04:54 AM
Just because WE didn't SEE a character do much of anything in the movie dosen't mean that their character is lame.

Actually, that's usually how I base how much I like a character or not. :rolleyes:

The fact is that Aurra Sing appeared in a half second of footage from TPM. Now, as for the comics and whatnot; at least Boba Fett's "EU" stories were somewhat decent. Those Aurra Sing comics sucked. That whole "wannabe Jedi turned Jedi hunter" backstory is so boring. It seems every other villain in EU is a "Jedi in training turned evil," or something along those lines.

A crappy character design, a half second of screen time, and some bad EU stories sure makes a character "Lame" to me.

Where is Aura Sing?

In the minds of teenage Star Wars fans....and that's about the only place she is now a days...;)

pthfnder89
04-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Now, as for the comics and whatnot; at least Boba Fett's "EU" stories were somewhat decent. Those Aurra Sing comics sucked.

Ugh, not the ones I read. I admit that I haven't read them all, but there was one in the Tales from Jabbas Palace that described his whole origin. It was AWFUL!:rolleyes: For one thing it was STUPID for that author to try to tell his origin. He must have just wanted to be known as the author who gets to "create" Boba Fett as a real character. And it didn't help that his whole story of where Boba came from was retarded.

His second mistake was that he made Boba some sort of good guy, albeit in a dark way. It was honestly one of the worst SW stories I've ever read.:rolleyes: :frus:

Speaking of bad Fett stories, the only other one that was as bad is the recent Zam Wessell comic. The plot is alright, except that of course they have to make Zam and Jango into good guys as well. Jango even trys to save Yarael Poof from getting killed.

Now considering that they both die in AOTC, (in less than honorable circumstances) isn't it a little STUPID to make us sympathize with them? I'm sure that the authors could have written a decent story where both of them act like the killers that they are.

Sorry for the rant, but that's why I pretty much ignore SW comics.

Jargo
04-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Yes the bounty hunters are just redneck hillbillies with the IQ's of a gnat. The wear bright colours to blend into the background....? They can't hit a target if they were stood right next to them, they get caught and tracked really far too easily, they die very quickly.

Why LFL are so keen to hype Jango into something he's so obviously not is just laughable. Zam is the most pathetic baddie I've ever seen since Dr.Smith from Lost in space the TV series. Zam is just hopeless as a bounty hunter and they had to recruit the comic book writers to try and make out she had some super abilities to make up for the lack of any in the movie. Jango is hopeless in that heleads Obi straight to his employers and the group attempting to bring strife to the galaxy. Hoe bright is that? In short, Boba is the brightest of them but even he isn't that clever. By the time he meets his doom I'm glad he's gone and not wasting screen time with his bucket headed gaze. Boba look right, Boba look left. Boba walk slowly forward. Bob fire gun with bad aim. Boba fly into big sail barge and flop into big freudian thingy in the pit. That summarises Fett's appearance quite succinctly I feel.

Aurra Sing gaze from left to right. Aurra Sing pose for costume continuity shots and publicity shots. And that's how integral Aurra really is. BLIP! that's Aurra's appearance in real time. WOW........

Even Dengar and Bossk had more screen time than Aurra and they aren't stupidly hyped. If they actually made Fett human and made him cold and fearless and also prone to making mistakes and failing miserably to get his bounty or capture or assasinate his prey I might go for his story. But making him a big softy who like children and is kind to animals isn't going to win me over. Aurra Sing is just a chick watching the race in TPM who happens to carry a big gun. The look on her face was more "Oh cool, pod racing!" than " I'm gonna git you sucka!!!"

What am I actually saying here? Oh yes - bounty hunters are crap. Same as Jedi are just interferring bothersome do-gooders. :)

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:22 PM
So what happened with her. I thought she was supposed to have some big part in this movie. I didn't see her. Did she even have a cameo appearance?

QLD
05-16-2002, 01:24 PM
If she did, I didn't notice her. I'm not sure I would have wanted her to. Though guess she could have taken Zam Wessell's place.

Toad
05-16-2002, 01:28 PM
I'm not a Aurra-hater or a Fett-hater, but I was glad she wasn't in it. Maybe she'll be in III, but I was getting tired of EVERY character around EVERY corner having to have some major part somewhere down the line.

I mean seriously, I hope Sy Snootles has an important part in Ep. VIII along with the baby ewok from ROTJ. ;) (my point is, simply, things like 3p0 being built by soon-to-be Vader is poor storytelliing, though albeit fun!)

QLD
05-16-2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah, even though I like 3-PO and R2 being there, I always found them being in the new trilogy in that capacity, a little hard to swallow

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:31 PM
I thought it was creative, there are other things that bother me more. I still can't get over the whole midichlorian thing.

Toad
05-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I thought it was creative, there are other things that bother me more. I still can't get over the whole midichlorian thing.

LOL. That doesn't bother me at all --- it tells why normal people like Jar Jar don't have the force, and why Yoda does. It may have holes, but it's a fair explanation.

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
I just liked the whole mystery behind the force. To technical for me.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Now that the movie's been out for almost a week, has anyone found out about Aurra Sing being AWOL? Wasn't there a Kiwi or Aussie cast for the part and actually filmed on camera?

I'm not a big Aurra Sing fan, but I really like the whole bounty hunter angle. I wish they would have found a place for her and/or other BH's.

Remember when stuff started appearing on starwars.com about the plot for EP2? They really played up the whole Jedi vs. BH thing and all we got were one who was killed in the first 30 mins and another who got whacked by a friggin purple lightsaber. Does anyone else remember this?

joe-da
05-21-2002, 10:22 PM
RE: Jango is hopeless in that heleads Obi straight to his employers and the group attempting to bring strife to the galaxy. Hoe bright is that?

Regardless whether Jango is bright or not, Obi-Wan was meant to find the clones, I believe, because Sidious wanted him to.

Why else would Tyranus tell (lie to) his cohorts he didn't think the Republic could create an army so quickly, and then tell Sidious at the end that the war was started, and Sidious says everything is going as planned?

Jango was just another unwitting pawn, the same as just about everyone else in the movie, Anakin included.

Wolfwood319
05-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Seems to me that with all the hubbub about Aurra Sing after TPM, the original thoughts were to have her in AOTC (possibly Zam's role?) Somewhere along the lines, they replaced her with the design of Zam, and that was that.

None of these bounty hunters are really all that cool. None of them do anything truly impressive (although Jango does actually fight.) Walking around in cool armor and then getting their asses handed to them seems to be all they're good for.

DarthBrandon
05-22-2002, 03:50 AM
I never thought that there was so many BH haters or jokes about them until I read this post. In Episode III I would bet big money that we are going to see how bad *** BH's really are, namely that joker Booba Fett. I bet he wines as much as he did when he was fed to the Sarlac by the blind man.

sunblind
05-22-2002, 09:39 AM
I heard that she bought some Clone Troopers off of the Republic and has them all dressed as Bounty Hunters for her protection.
I guess she's been watching Anakin grow up and she has soem kind of Future sight and shes trying to kill him...well the last time I was at the cantina, that's what info I bought off of a informat.

Jedi Master Silas
10-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I read somewhere or someone told me that Aurra was going to be in EP2...that her short appearance in EP1 was to set up her presence in EP2. Why wasnt she in EP2? Was her short little clip in EP1 all we get???? :confused: :confused:

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 10:30 PM
So far it seems like we won't see hear again. I remember hearing the same thing, but can't remember where though. Where would she have fit in AOTC? Would she have taken the place of Zam?

Jedi Master Silas
10-16-2002, 10:56 PM
WHOA!!!!! My husband said the same thing! Thats the only role I could see he in as the film stands now.

Pendo
10-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
I read somewhere or someone told me that Aurra was going to be in EP2...that her short appearance in EP1 was to set up her presence in EP2. Why wasnt she in EP2? Was her short little clip in EP1 all we get???? :confused: :confused:

I heard that originally she was the person who killed Shmi, not the Tuskens (they were trying to keep her alive). Palpatine would use this against Anakin to turn him to the dark side. It looks like that story was dropped, or even just made up :rolleyes:.

I think Zam is a replacement of Aurra. Aurra could have easily taken that role (appart from the changeling thing :rolleyes::)). in a way I'm kinda glad Zam replaced her, I prefer Zam :).

PENDO!

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 03:31 AM
Pendo where did you get this info???? If you read it online please send me the link I'd like to check it out.
Zam is cool but Aurra would have worked to in my opinion...I wonder if the speeder would have different then Zam's??

Pendo
10-26-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
Pendo where did you get this info???? If you read it online please send me the link I'd like to check it out.

I think I got it from TheFore.net but not 100% sure. I'll do a search and see what I can dig up :).

PENDO!

Pendo
10-26-2002, 09:00 AM
Here's the SPOILERS that I read, Jedi Master Silas. This (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=12670) is the story of Aurra killing Shmi, and this (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=7751) suggests that Zam replaced Aurra.

:)

PENDO!

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Thanks Pendo!!!!!!! It seems like they have legit reasons for the Aurra/Shimi plot to be true.....I like where it was going...if it is true I wonder why they didint include it because I think it would have been a story line. I feel like I just read a good mystery book LOL! Thanks again.