PDA

View Full Version : My haul

Darth Mauler
04-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Hello I am new to this board but I really like it and will be checking in here for time to time.

anyway........
I was at Toys R us in West Hartford CT today to purchase a Count Dooku lightsaber. I found the lightsaber and saw a lonely orange card X wing Luke Skywalker from 1995..so I decided to pick it up.

As I am walking over to the register to pay for it..a manager flags me over to another line..he sees that I have one of the older figures and asks me if I would be interested in any other older figs.
I of course say "sure :D ". He takes me over to the customer service area where he pulls out a bag and tells me that I can go through it and pick out the ones I want.

This is what I got besides the 1995 Luke X wing and all of them with near mint cards orange cards

Darth Vader
C-3PO
Death Star Gunner
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
Han Solo Hoth Gear
Princess Leia
Han Solo Corbonite
Greedo
Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
Luke Skywalker
Yoda
Boba Fett

Plus a Star Wars Power of the Force green box Speeder Bike with Luke Skywalker

Now I was already excited about this find but it gets even better when they are rung up

$1.98 each! :crazed: The dude that was ringing me up was having a cow himself because he was a SW collector and had not known about these and rushed over to check out what was left after he was done ringing me up. All he kept saying to me while eack of them was scanned was "wow..you got a helluva a deal"

I also picked up the Playskool Duel with Darth Maul and X Wing Adventure set.

:D

187-Maul
04-28-2002, 06:19 PM
first of all welcome to the boards, hope you have a great time here (like I have:D )
you really had a great find there (although I don't collect my figs carded and probably wouldn't have cared:D )

ACPin
04-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Great going on finding those figures and even better that they're on clearance prices! There are still some great finds left as a lot of stores are stocking up on the AOTC figures, thus clearing out any leftover figures from the stock room.

Quite surprised that they're still the orange cards which probably means that some store personnel must have stashed those and forgot about them. :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Darth Mauler
04-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ACPin
Great going on finding those figures and even better that they're on clearance prices! There are still some great finds left as a lot of stores are stocking up on the AOTC figures, thus clearing out any leftover figures from the stock room.

Quite surprised that they're still the orange cards which probably means that some store personnel must have stashed those and forgot about them. :D :rolleyes: :eek:

That's what the manager said..

He said that employee brought them back for some reason..I didn't understand what he was talking about because I thought these were long gone.

So what I figure is that some employee had them stashed forgot about them..then when they did the redesign of the store the box must have turned up..another employee found the box and purchased them but decided to return them for some reason now.