PDA

View Full Version : SAGA Custom Figures

ACPin
02-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Post your custom figures for Episode II: Attack of the Clones in this thread. If you have problems attaching the images, please PM me.

INDIANA
04-28-2002, 09:48 PM
I don't know if this should be in the customs section, so if it gets moved I won't be surprised.

Anakin Peasant - I really think this figure looks nice, just can't stand the attached saber. Cut off his hand and glued on one from the POTJ cloaked Obi-Wan. Now he can hold the gun or a saber or nothing in his hand.

Anakin Hangar Duel - A nice figure, I just don't like the scowl on his face. Swapped heads with the Peasant figure and I have a very nice, normal looking Anakin. NOTE: The plastic on his fancy fightin' arm is different than the rest of the figure and will slightly discolor if boiled.

Obi-Wan - too short and not cloaked. Don't really like the fabric cloaks. Took an E1 Cloaked Obi and swapped heads! He's bigger, and MUCH improved (quite proud of myself for that one).

Clonetroopers - painted a few, blue and yellow. The preview ones can be cut and re-positioned easily. There is definitely a GREEN trooper scene in the scrapbook, so I'll make a green one too.

Geonosian Warriors - after my quick fix, I am completely changing my mind about the figure. I couldn't get the damn things to stand at all. Even with Elmers they would bend over or fall completely depending on the way the wings were displayed. I drilled holes in thier feet (there is room to drill both and NOT break the top of the foot....just go slow), now they fit the action stands perfectly and can be posed in a bunch of ways. I at first said this figure sucked because it couldn't stand and only bought 2, now I will buy a bunch more and drill the holes! They look really good!

187-Maul
04-29-2002, 09:00 AM
sounds very cool
you don't happen to have any pictures have you? :)

ACPin
04-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by INDIANA
I don't know if this should be in the customs section, so if it gets moved I won't be surprised.

It is in the correct forum and I've just merged it into the appropriate Custom Figures thread. Those are very good custom ideas but where are the pics? :confused:

INDIANA
04-29-2002, 10:42 AM
I am completely computer illiterate and couldn't post a picture here if my life depended on it. Sorry guys.

mrhat
04-30-2002, 12:28 PM
If you are like me, you don't have the royal guard, which i am going to get soon, but you DO have a yoda from E2 and a few extra Royal Guards from ROTJ, aka POTF 2. Simply take the Guard and the "force action" blue thing and attach it to the electro-pole, and bam a temporary Royal Gaurd to comlete your collection until you stumble upon one in the strangest place!

JediTricks
05-03-2002, 12:08 AM
I improved my Obi-Wan Coruscant by running an orange highlighter over his hair - now instead of being a blonde, he's more accurate.

LTBasker
05-03-2002, 05:38 AM
Just a thought on the Geonosian Warriors... Instead of drilling holes in them, has anyone tried handi-tak stuff? I've got a tiny little bit under a single fit of my Security Droid and I have to literally yank it off so I move it. :cool: I do it carefully of course... :happy:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Count Dooku

POF2 Obi Wan Head
POF2 Final Jedi Duel Luke body

Paint the glove to a skin tone. Take Sith Lord Darth Maul Lightsaber and melt the handle so it's bent.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Take Klye Katarn's head and put it on POJ X-Wing Luke body. Paint his hair grey and PRESTO! A custom Jorg Sacul!

Sidiously Darth
05-11-2002, 01:06 PM
If you want to make a true custom, use the Porkins body.:D

No seriously, that sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, getting an extra Kyle can tend to be expensive.

187-Maul
05-11-2002, 03:22 PM
but not as expensive as the true sacul!
actually a pretty good idea

Brave Sir Robin
06-04-2002, 04:52 PM
I've always thought the Katarn figure looked more like Steve Sansweet. Then you should use the Porkins body!

metaljedi
06-05-2002, 02:38 AM
Okay Im not sure if Im allowed to put eBay auctions on here but I wanted everyone to see this. This is a pretty cool custom (not mine) but the price is CRAZY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1737314974

Sidiously Darth
06-05-2002, 03:21 AM
Well, they are customs and nice ones at that. No way in heck I would pay that much for them.:crazed:

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 01:02 PM
I'll hopefully be posting my custom Jedi Rescue figures withint the next couple days. It may take a bit longer because I'm very picky about my customs looking right to me and if I can't make them look decent I just stop and forget about them.:)

But I've been planing my custom Jedis since I first heard about the Arena scene, and I think the ones I've got now are coming along pretty well. The hardest part is the females because I prefer to use actual Hasbro parts most of the time and there just aren't enough females to go around. I don't want eight "Padme" Jedi with different colored hair. :D

metaljedi
06-08-2002, 01:11 AM
I can't wait to see them! There aren't enough female Jedi out.

Darth Annexis
06-08-2002, 02:22 AM
OK I lured you in...I took advantage of the 3.00 off 4.99 x 3 offer at KB Toyworks and bought 4 troopers for my army...decided to customise the red to yellow...

Hey the paint job is just as good as hasbro's last minute dojobby...

Let me know what you think!

http://members.cox.net/ngc-4314/P6070004.jpg

187-Maul
06-08-2002, 05:06 AM
unfair
I know it's no good complaining but it still ****es me off everytime you talk about getting cool figures cheap which we even don't ave here in france, no offense to anyone I know it's nobody's fault:cry:

getting to the topic, the trooper really looks cool, good paintjob

saladin
06-08-2002, 02:10 PM
nice work.

Sidiously Darth
06-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Nice work DA! What kind of paint did you use and did you use a primer?

metaljedi
06-09-2002, 04:12 AM
That is a REALLY good job?? You should make all the colored Clone Troopers.

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 04:23 AM
Good job on the paint. I plan on trying to do some in blue and green when I get some more troopers.

metaljedi
06-09-2002, 04:43 AM
Sorry I meant to put exclamation points after the word job.

Darth Annexis
06-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Taking advantage of KB's 3.00 off coupon, I decided to pick up more Clone Troopers and a Taun We to customize...

Finding a picture of Lama Su was tough...at least one that could show his upper body...but I found one and I started to give Taun We a make over...here is how I did it....

Create a Fin out of thin plastic for the head. Use and Exacto knife to create a slot in the head for your fin peice to fit into...cut off the braid on Taun Wee and trim it down so not to see it. I actually cut up a 1.44 floppy disk to use...worked well

Use Glossy Dolphin Grey to paint over the blue neck and repaint the entire head to match...don't paint over the eyes.

I used a small flexible sheet of foam to create the collar and hot glued it to the figure...paint the inside of the collar olive green.

Repaint all blue parts to Olive Green and the tummy of the figure also.

Apply light grey trim to the skirt at the front and back but ignore the sides...

Paint the Belt Olive green and apply dark grey to the highlights...then fashion a small oval, paint with red and yellow as the belt buckle and glue to the figure...you may want to trim the existing buckle down...or over paint the existing buckle as Lama Su's buckle is larger than Taun We's

I also recommend trimming the skirt so that the figure can actually stand since the legs are shorter than the skirt...

I will attach a picture later but this figure will get you by until Hasbro releases the official product!

http://members.cox.net/ngc-4314/P6120014.jpg

Cubehead
06-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey, I can't wait to see this figure. I love those darn Kaminoans and I eagerly anticipate any customs or future figures. I think I may take your advice and make one of these for myself.

No has anyone thought of making Ko Sai, from the Ep.2 Visual Dictionary?

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Why didn't you try cutting a fin off of a Clone Trooper and just paint that trooper blue since a blue one was seen with a non-fin helmet. ;)

187-Maul
06-12-2002, 10:37 AM
wow that Lama Su custom looks amazing
great job:)

Sidiously Darth
06-13-2002, 05:49 AM
I haven't given him a name yet. I guess he's like a red shirt from Star Trek... you know he's going to die. I used Kit Fisto's body and the head from a POTJ Bespin Guard. Enjoy!

ACPin
06-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Here's a simple makeover to increase the number of your jedi in the Arena battle. Cut two strips of thin leather (bought from arts and crafts stores) into 1/2" wide x 4" length. Strap one piece on each shoulder and then use the transparent rubber bands from the AOTC figs as belt. Voila! You got yourself another Jedi!

Rodian Jedi (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/27/43827.jpg)

Bith Jedi (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/31/43831.jpg)

Ishi Tibb Jedi (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/34/43834.jpg)

pthfnder89
06-13-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ACPin
Here's a simple makeover to increase the number of your jedi in the Arena battle. Cut two strips of thin leather (bought from arts and crafts stores) into 1/2" wide x 4" length. Strap one piece on each shoulder and then use the transparent rubber bands from the AOTC figs as belt. Voila! You got yourself another Jedi!

Hmmm... I've been experimenting with the same idea ACPin bu my biggest hurdle was how to create a belt to keep the fabric cinched. This sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks! I'm going to try it when I get home.:)

ACPin
06-14-2002, 08:42 AM
I didn't realize that the Twi'lek Jedi I did by removing Bib Fortuna's robe and giving him the same straps as the Bith jedi wasn't in the final shots that I've used for the diorama. Here he is then! :D

INDIANA
06-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Hey....that leather idea looks really good ! I'm going to try that !

That Lama Su is amazing ! I couldn't do that stuff to save my life. I will just have to be content to admire your work.

I painted the Clonetroopers too. That Red is a pain to cover well. I did do green, blue and yellow and used preview Clones showing up more and more at KB. They look MUCH better (except for that pose) and you don't really need to worry about the primer.

OneArmedJango
06-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Acpin, thats prity good. Did you make the cloths for Jabs hench man?

ACPin
06-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by OneArmedJango
Acpin, thats prity good. Did you make the cloths for Jabs hench man?
Thanks, it's a lot simpler than that. Here's how I did it! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=110882#post110882)

Darth Annexis
06-16-2002, 03:05 AM
I want to thank all of you that commented on my Lama Su...

You know when I saw the figure in TRU and bought it, I thought the character was lame...(Tuan We) But seeing it on the screen inspired me...the Kamino are awesome....

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 02:26 AM
Here's the first pic of Jango, note the guns are from Bespin Guard.

1st pic.

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Here's a pic from the back, its not that great, but I thought I'd throw it in.

2nd Pic.

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 03:12 AM
Nicely done, and nice choice on the blasters. :cool:

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Nicely done, and nice choice on the blasters. :cool:

Thankx LtBasker and 187-Maul.

It's nice to get feedback on things you've done. They are nothing special, only a little paint here and there. I wish I could post the Star Destoyer with Fibre Optic lighting that I did a while back, but I have no backdrop to put it up against. This is the only way I would be able to photograph it.

Jango I did cause I wanted to see what he would look like before I bought him.

Luke I did him cause I wanted a Jedi Luke and thought that Bespin Luke would be the best choice cause I always thought luke should have a blaster holster. Plus you can remove his hand and I wouldn't have to open the Carded or Cinema Scene versions. Just wanted my own version of Jedi Luke, he also comes with a cloth cloak in black that I made. I did not post the picture of it cause I wanted people to see the paint job.

odi-wan windu
06-26-2002, 07:34 PM
custom of anakin as a Sith before he was turned into darth vader. has anyone else tried this?

Obi-Don
06-27-2002, 05:47 AM
If you can, I would like to see a pic of your custom.

spacelord
06-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by odi-wan windu
custom of anakin as a Sith before he was turned into darth vader. has anyone else tried this?

I tried this also. There is a picture of it here.
http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=121698#post121698

I just switched to the HD Anakin lightsaber. It is much better than the board game extra he had before.

starwars92570
06-29-2002, 10:31 PM
I would think that you should make a Sonic Blast and replace the staff since in the movie you never see Geonisians with electro staff only sonic blasters.

LightsaberHandle
07-01-2002, 03:18 AM
I'm working on my own custom Anakin figure right now. I am using a Spider-Man classic series 2 Daredevil figure as the base for Ani, mainly for its larger scale and posability. I'm trying to figure out what to use for clothing;either real cloth material or just sculpy the whole thing. So far, I've molded the hair onto DDs' head and I'm just finishing up on the lightsaber. I've got the pics on my digi camera but I have never uploaded pics onto my pc yet. I just got the camera and don't know how to use it. Do I need software to upload it to my pc or not? I want to show what I have done so far even though its' a work-in-progress. Any ideas? My digi-cam is a kodak dx3600,2.2 megapix if someone can help.

LightsaberHandle

MikeAndTheBots
07-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LightsaberHandle
I'm working on my own custom Anakin figure right now. I am using a Spider-Man classic series 2 Daredevil figure as the base for Ani, mainly for its larger scale and posability. I'm trying to figure out what to use for clothing;either real cloth material or just sculpy the whole thing. So far, I've molded the hair onto DDs' head and I'm just finishing up on the lightsaber. I've got the pics on my digi camera but I have never uploaded pics onto my pc yet. I just got the camera and don't know how to use it. Do I need software to upload it to my pc or not? I want to show what I have done so far even though its' a work-in-progress. Any ideas? My digi-cam is a kodak dx3600,2.2 megapix if someone can help.

LightsaberHandle
Did it come with some CDs? If it did you need to install them I'm guessing.

Sidiously Darth
07-04-2002, 03:44 AM
That's better! All the custom figure threads are in line now. Not to discredit the dioramas and other customs, I'm just trying to amuse myself.:D

Anywat, I need to get to work on more generic jedi for my arena scene. I need to go head hunting, too many Tarkin heads can be bad!!!

el chico temido
07-11-2002, 01:07 AM
hi every one...
I've been in problems posting new threads, but thanks to the forum team I'm here at last...

so....I have a real cool ephant mon figure...it have not much articulations...I mean, not one... it's more like a statue, but it's in a regular 3 3/4 measure, it is like a full inch taller then the regular figures, so it looks great in the jabba's palace diorama...
as soon as I finished it I knew that it will be one for sale...
I dont have the picture yet but I promise it will be here soon.

if you have a customized ephant mon of your own, please show us a picture...

jedicub
07-12-2002, 12:55 PM
If anyone is interested in seeing recent customs I've done of the Jedi on Geonosis, let me know. I've done 5 so far with 3 in the works. Completed: Eeth Koth (haven't found one here yet, so I had to make one), Aayla Secura, Weequay Jedi, Bossk Jedi and a spare parts Jedi (TPM Obiwan head with braid removed on a TPM Mace body). Planned: Barriss, Stass, Bultar. Just need to pick up some spare parts.

Goebel the hutt
07-23-2002, 09:38 PM
WHo here has made some jedi customs because I am working on some i've already made an Ishi Tib jedi and now im working on sarr labooda.what jedi customs have some of you guys made.

metaljedi
07-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey JediCub I would like to see those customs that you've made.

jonboy
07-26-2002, 11:46 PM
I just put a POTJ Bespin Guard head on a Saga Endor Soldier and it works perfectly. His neck is a tad short, but it's nice to have an Endor RS with a different face. The helmet also fits on his head really well. My question is this: are there any other heads that work and look right on the ERS? Has anyone else messed with this fig much? I would be grateful for any help.

P.S. I got this idea from someone else on this forum. I can't remember who so I can't give credit. Whoever it was, thanks for the great idea!!!

LTBasker
07-27-2002, 12:03 AM
I know the Cold Weather Obi-Wan head looks pretty good with the ERS helmet. I've been taking around the helmet to removeable helmet/hat figures to see if their heads fit the helmet or not.

jonboy
07-27-2002, 12:15 AM
If you find any good matches, let me know. I am also doing the same. I don't have the Cold Weather Obi-Wan, or I would use it. Thanks for the tip LT.

Rogue II
07-27-2002, 01:03 AM
I just put the Endor Rebel Soldier head on a Bespin Guard. I had to trim the neck a bit. I plan on putting the guard head on the POTF2 body with POTF2 Endor Han's coat. POTF2 ERS head will go on Saga ERS.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Han yet. Any ideas?

These are my 1st head swap customs.

jonboy
07-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Take Han's head and put it on the AT-ST driver's body. When you find the Endor victory set, take the AT-ST helmet at put it on him. You'll have an instant(and really easy)version of Han from ROTJ. I think that I will try a POTF ERS head on a Saga ERS body. Thanks for the idea.

Rogue II
07-27-2002, 01:56 AM
Hey, good idea. I wonder how well the helmet from the accessory pack will fit.

Another thing I was going to do: I have an extra POTF2 Hoth Soldier. I was going to remove the molded goggles off of his chest. Then I was going to paint his beard blond. And for the finishing touch: and add some real goggles. I am going to pick up a $1.99 SWAT team figure I saw at KB. One of the accessories is a pair of goggles.

stillakid
07-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Next time you're at TRU, peel away from the Star Wars section and find the army guys. I can't remember the brand right now, but somebody makes little army guys in the exact same scale as Star Wars. They are chock full o' accessories that fit perfectly with the Endor Rebel Commando's. I picked up a couple and swapped hats, helmets, guns, belts, etc. Not a bad deal to get some variety in the collection.

Rogue II
07-27-2002, 02:14 AM
I noticed. Some of those Germans look a bit like Imperial Officers. I've seen some WWII and Viet Nam era Commandos that would look nice with the Endor troops. Best part is, they are always marked down from $5 to about $2!

jonboy
07-27-2002, 08:00 AM
I'll have to check out my TRU for those army figs. That's a great idea.

Mandalorian30
08-03-2002, 01:53 AM
Here are a few customs I made using some great Sacul head casts made by Bantha5 over at rebelscum!

Jorg Sacul : Mandalorian Commando (http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mandalorian/saculfett.html)
Jorg Sacul : Jedi Knight (http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mandalorian/saculjedi.html)

Enjoy!!

Obi-Don
08-03-2002, 05:23 AM
Very nice. I liked the jedi custom and the Mandalorain was good to. I would love to get a mold of the head to make some myself.

hango fett
08-04-2002, 12:25 PM
i have a new version of my custom TA anikan. i have changed his black cloak to an extra obi-wan JSP's cloak and used that on him. he looks even better with that on! for the pack, i used HD ani's and made a anikan picture from the actuall card and put it on the inside of the card. the LS i used is the original one from the HD ani. i might have pictures soon!!!
h.

jonboy
08-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I would like to thank Stillakid for the idea on the custom ERS. I bought one of those army guys from TRU and swapped heads and belts, packs, etc. It turned out great!!! I may do a couple more like that with different army guys.

metaljedi
08-04-2002, 09:09 PM
Is Anikan a new character or something?

hango fett
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
the tatooine attack anakin is.

metaljedi
08-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Ohhh you meant Anakin.

TheFrankEinstein
08-06-2002, 03:52 PM
I was inspired by Indiana's great idea to customize an AOTC Obi-Wan by slapping a Coruscant Chase head on a TPM Naboo body, and went a step further by painting his hair a more appropriate reddish-brown and inserting the magnet from a JSF Kenobi into the Naboo Kenobi's belt hole, thereby letting the metal lightsaber hilt dangle from his belt more realistically than the plastic one would.

Now my question - I'm tempted to "improvise" an elbow cut on the Naboo Kenobi's right arm to remedy the terribly static pose of it that kind of interferes with the belt/hilt action. Has anyone ever tried this? My plan is to make a horizontal cut with a hobby knife, then also improvising a sort of peg for the joint to pivot on with a bit of paper clip or something like that. It wouldn't be sturdy, but that's okay; I don't play with him ;) So what do you guys think about that idea?

metaljedi
08-06-2002, 05:04 PM
I hope the pic does this figure justice it took me awhile to get this figure to look decent.

hango fett
08-07-2002, 09:26 AM
not bad! looks pretty good!
h.

metaljedi
08-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks it was a difficult venture but it was worth the time I spent.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-07-2002, 08:37 PM
Awesome Anakin figure, metaljedi!:)

Darth Vellner
08-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Here are my Clone Customes

metaljedi
08-10-2002, 12:06 AM
Hey thanks Hasbro'sBountyHunter. I appreicate it!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Darth Vellner, what type of paint did you use for the Clone Troopers?

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 11:05 AM
I haven't been 100% thrilled with the paint jobs given to the new SAGA line. I was a little disappointed that the initial Obi-Wan figures haven't been as good as the ones released for some of the other characters... including Anakin, which have been passable. In this thread I have posted a couple pics and the modifications I have done on the figures. The pictures don't give as much detail as I wish they could, but perhaps you'll be able to see what I did. I hope you enjoy them...

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 11:15 AM
I picked up the Obi-Wan figure as I saw potential in this sculpt. The head was a little on the "chubby" side, so a fix on that was in order. I used a blow dryer to heat up the vinyl. Once the piece was softened, I applied a wood clamp to it and let it cool slowly. I left the clamp on overnight and that helped give the head its correct proportion.

I then proceeded to repaint the facial hair, including the eyebrows. I used several good shots of Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and out of costume to get the eye brows right. The problem with the Eyebrows on the manufacturer model is that they are a little too high and thin.

The beard wasn't painted in fully as there are some grooves indicating where the beard should have continued to. The hair indicated the same, so it was just a matter of "completing" the paint job.

I used a vinyl paint that a local craft store sells. The sales associate was very helpful in letting me know that these are paints they recommend for people doing craft dolls and that the paint won't deteriorate the vinyl head.

The last thing I did was clothe the figure in the Episode I Obi-Wan cloak. The Episode I figure looks better without it and this one looks better WITH it!

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 11:33 AM
This figure is the one formerly known as "Starfighter Pilot". I was pretty unhappy with the head sculpt of the "Coruscant Chase" version... even though the overall figure was pretty cool. I didn't feel much like waiting around for Hasblah to have another go at an Obi-Wan figure since I thought the "Starfighter" version was pretty good. I picked up two of these so I could "de-pilot" him.

The first thing I had to do was get rid of the headgear. I used a finepoint craft knife to shave off the unwanted bits of plastic. I made sure, in the process, of leaving enough plastic on the head so I didn't create a divot. Once this was done, I used the knife to "stipple" the beard and hair details back onto the head.

I didn't feel like going crazy on this to fill the gap where the headband was, so I just left it. I used Testors enamel paint in the colours of "Flat brown" and "Flat light yellow" to paint the details back in.

Once I completed this portion, I repainted the eyebrows to make them a little thicker looking. The last part was to fix the "lazy eye" thing. I used a light blue paint to repaint the corneas. It was pretty taxing, but I managed well enough using a push-pin and enough paint to cover the desired area. Once the paint dried, I applied the black dot, also using a push-pin.

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 11:44 AM
The most recent "fix" I did was on the new See-Threepio Deluxe Figure. As it has been noted in other threads, Hasblah pared this one the awesome details that were put on the basic figure. First off... there was nothing I could really do to fix the flatness of the back of his head. They really messed that up. Seconly... he is a good deal shorter than the basic figure. Very odd.

Anyhow... I studied the details of the basic figure before I plunked myself down to work on the figure. I noticed that there were all sorts of cool divots and grooves in the basic one that made it look all beat up and used. I proceeded with some carving and stippling on this figure using the fine point craft knife and a finishing nail. Once I finished gouging and poking, I was ready to paint.

The first thing I noticed about the paint was that there was a lack of that copper colour that was present on the basic figure, so I started there. I put the paint on in the appropriate areas and then wiped a little of it off as it dried to give it that "worn" look.

I also applied a creme coloured paint to the areas people referred to as "painted with Typex" or "WiteOut". Once I finished that, I needed to paint the face. I had already applied the copper paint to the head, so It was dry and ready to go. I used a flat black paint and a stippling brush to paint the mouth and returned to my trusty friend, the push-pin to "dot the eyes", so-to-speak.

That completed my job on my pal Threepio!

hango fett
08-10-2002, 02:42 PM
they look pretty good, JEDIpartnr! keep up the good work!
YF

Darth Vellner
08-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Hasbro'sBountyHunter, I used........

Acrylic

The kind that comes in the little glass bottles (Model Paint).You can find it near the toy section by the models. I used (Testors){special value paint set} that I got from Wal-Mart, It came with:9 acrylics, 1 brush, and a mixing tray. for only 6.88

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 06:23 PM
thanks Hango... I'd be doing less of this if Hasblah could get the job done right in the first place!!!

Jargo
08-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Why did Hasbro go with the 'effigy of our Lord, souvinir from Vattican city' look on the 12 inch version? Actually i think Lucas did that with Ewan to be honest but the toys make it more pronounced. nice jobbies though dale. i haven't even begun to do my corrections yet. I'm still trying to find the right paint colors and do everything in one fell swoop. I'm looking for colors to redo Threepio completely to lose that green and red look. It's a bit extreme for me so i want to find some paint that'll tone it down.
I'm going for a complete repaint on Threepio though because the plastic is poopy looking. Same with the deluxe super battle droid. it's way too pale. But finding the right shade of metallic blue is tough.
With so many figures this year it's going to be a winter job to fix them up to my exacting standards :rolleyes: whatever that means...

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 06:37 PM
I know what your standards are! ;) I lurrve the new avatar, BTW. It just smacks of that stale urine smell! :D

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Nice job on the 12" (Obi-Wan), JEDIpartnr, that looks way better than what Hasblow could have ever done.:D Again great job sir.

Nexu
08-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Yes, Dale, Great job. :)

InsaneJediGirl
08-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Yeah,Good job brother:DYou used a pushpin for the eye,I admire your steady hand :)I could have never did that

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-11-2002, 01:09 AM
Good Job!

TheFrankEinstein
08-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Here's my touched-up Mace Windu EP2 12"er. I repainted the eyes and weathered his belt and one boot (I was seeing how it looked, I'll finish the other boot), but I'm only posting pictures of the eyes. I think he looks much better than he did with the sort of blank-eyed stare he came with.

Picture 1 (http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/teahouse/western/mace.jpg)

Picture 2 (http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/teahouse/western/mace_b.jpg)

edit - I forgot to mention that he's wearing a '95 Kenobi's robe.

hango fett
08-18-2002, 11:08 AM
i just got the TA ani out of the pack and gave him an extra obi-wan JSP robe. he looks extremly cool! i don't know why they didn't make him with the robe in the first place.....bad hasbro! *whap*
h

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Well, they should have given him his robes, of course. But, his robes have no sleeves, and a cut down the left and a cut down the right. Using a plastic robe, like EI Mace's, Naboo Obi-Wan's and Saga Qui-Gon's almost achieves this effect, except for the fact that they have sides on them.

Jango 2
08-18-2002, 03:00 PM
cool

Darth Vellner
08-19-2002, 02:04 AM
I made a "teen" anakin. I used Obi-wan(Coruscant Chase) for the body and Anakin(Naboo)'s Head. The size is perfect!
Just "boil and pop"

Darth Vellner
08-19-2002, 02:06 AM
Compared to Ani(Ep. 1) and Anakin(Ep. 2)

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 04:30 PM
:eek:

It's cool... but kinda creepy at the same turn... I think it's those eyes.

DreamersBounty
08-21-2002, 08:38 PM
Thats some Wicked Good work on those customs, I will be getting into SW customs soon and I'm getting lots of good ideas...

Quick Question, I've seen a lot of different Alien Races with Jedi Knight, is it safe to assume that pretty much every race in the Galaxy has a Jedi Knight Representative???

Any help would be great......Thanks

Darth Vellner
08-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by DreamersBounty
Thats some Wicked Good work on those customs, I will be getting into SW customs soon and I'm getting lots of good ideas...

Quick Question, I've seen a lot of different Alien Races with Jedi Knight, is it safe to assume that pretty much every race in the Galaxy has a Jedi Knight Representative???

Any help would be great......Thanks

I think so! Mostly Huminoid though!

DreamersBounty
08-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Thanks Darth! I can just imagine my Jedi Army now!! Beware of Jedi Master Jawa!!! Hide the women...It's Jedi The Hutt!!!!

Thats a scary thought!
:evil:

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 10:17 AM
TheFrankEinstein, Your Mace looks a lot better than the original nice touch ups! :)

Jayspawn
08-28-2002, 01:30 AM
I've had this huge urge to customize my own Obi-Wan figure from Episode II. I've started with a Corusant Chase Obi for the body and head. I've repainted his hair with lt. brown (because that obviously how he looked in the movie) and I've added the cloak from Jedi Star Pilot Obi. So now I have a more AOTC-looking Obi-Wan figure.

But I'm curious, how many other people have upgraded/ customized their own figures? Do tell.

Rogue II
08-28-2002, 08:11 AM
I upgraded EV-9D9. I put some paint on the control panel and gave her articulated elbows. I'm working on turning Jango Fett KE into Boba Fett ROTJ.

I also put wrist articulation on a couple figures, like Weequay.

I posted the pictures of Weequay and EV-9D9 in the ROTJ customs thread.

187-Maul
08-29-2002, 08:39 AM
hey mataljedi, that cloakes anakin looks reallllly cool !
oh and I really like the new paintjob on obi-wans head, jedipartnr

jediwolf
08-31-2002, 07:44 PM
:) What do you think guys?

The True Maul
08-31-2002, 07:56 PM
Cool, It looks GREAT!!!Keep up the Good Work!!!! :)

DreamersBounty
08-31-2002, 11:25 PM
That is Pretty Awsome! I hope my first ones turn out as good...keep up the good work!

KingOfSting
09-01-2002, 12:04 AM
those look really good...but waht body did you use for maul? it looks kinda like the body of one of those large size carnage figures from the spider-man cartoon series line...

Chiesa
09-01-2002, 01:34 PM
I think its a great job but maybe you could fill us in on what you used to make them...

Cheers :D

Jayspawn
09-02-2002, 02:32 AM
Those customs look great jediwolf. Keep em coming!

187-Maul
09-02-2002, 01:26 PM
man those figs look really great jediwolf!
I hope seeing more of your work in the future

icatch9
09-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Hey, this is a custome I did. I invisioned this clone after the battle on Geonosia. His helmet is off and he's sitting on a Republic Crusier, flying back to base. He's got some of his blood on his armor and some blood that's not his. Some severe scratches on and above his eye, and a little blood comeing out of one of his ears. This guy's been through Hell, but he's alive and ready to fight then next battle.

I took a Prview Clone and customed him into this guy. He really does sit (infact he can't stand anymore). His helmet is off, but it won't go back on (that was a design flaw on my part :)). I made his armor a lot more dirty and blast damaged than the orginal clone. I added blood, dirt and scratches to his face (wich by the way is not a Jango head).

One of my finest customes to date. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.

icatch9

icatch9
09-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Hear are some more close ups.

He's takeing a load of in Chancelor Palpatines chair :)

icatch9
09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
another

icatch9
09-05-2002, 09:42 AM
last one :D

187-Maul
09-05-2002, 09:44 AM
really like him, looks pretty cool
especially sitting on palpatine's chair, did he just duel him and won?:)
great work (I wish I had enough clonetroopers to customize a few)

Mace Windex
09-08-2002, 12:39 PM
Well gang, here it is! This is my second attempt at a robe. I figured I would take Anakin one step closer to the dark side and dress him in black. This material is nice but very thin. It rips too easily! Probably the best thing would be to double up on the main part of the robe before attaching sleeves. This pic doesn't show a good view of the bottom of the robe. I will take more detailed pictures. By the way, I opted for NO HOOD because I think Anakin will not want to hide. His arrogance must shine through.
Mace

Darth Sidious
09-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Thats great! Keep up the good work. Too bad he didn't have a more evil face, though, like the TA Anakin figure... But that can't be helped. It does look quite a bit more evil than usual. :)

allenj456
09-09-2002, 11:37 AM
good work! now about that baby face .... ;-)

gibbspaulus
09-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Okay, hardly rocket science - but I hate the poses on the deluxe flippers. By simply adding the 'spare' robes from the Ep 1 accessory packs they look a lot better - Dooku looks quite evil, even if he never wore this type of cloak

gibbspaulus
09-16-2002, 09:46 AM
And here you go, have a close up of Dooku - look at those sleeves!!!!

gibbspaulus
09-16-2002, 02:43 PM
Okay - having PC problems - no piccy upload - sorry!

K M Toydarian
09-17-2002, 05:17 AM
They look great! I put that "SITH" cloak on Tatooine attack Ani. Almost movie accurate.

...I can't help but wonder why Dooku and ObiWan look like they are tap dancing though? Hmmm...

gibbspaulus
09-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Any suggestions on how to remove the magets from their feet??

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 02:08 PM
Too bad you couldn't paint a better excuse for a thumb on that Kenobi pilot figure. Man, that's a joke.

Good work!

J

DarthBrandon
10-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Hear are some more close ups.

He's takeing a load of in Chancelor Palpatines chair :)

Dam nice paint job icatch9, one of my favorites so far, keep up the good work. I can't wait to get my new Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike and do that to him.

Again nicely done:)

ACPin
10-14-2002, 09:47 PM
You've seen them before in the background from the Jedi Arena Rescue (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=29&show_article=68) diorama. Now you can see them in full view as my entries to the Arena Battle Jedi Cinema Scene! (http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/cc-33.htm)

JEDIpartner
12-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
Any suggestions on how to remove the magets from their feet??

Try a razor blade to cut the glue and excess plastic off the area surrounding the magnet. You SHOULD be able to bend the foot and remove the magnet with a good pair of tweezers or needlenose pliers.

Jargo
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Justy a repaint but i wanted to do the other clonetrooper colors and based these on the pics at the official site. This scan has bleached a wee bit of color away and made the blue more blue and less greeny/blue than it actally is, if you follow me. It's just the regular saga carded red clonetrooper.
I used enamel paints on mine and it worked fine apart from needing to paint the white one about six times to cover up that dreadful pinky red hasbro used.
As far as I can tell the green and blue ones are exactly movie accurate colors. The red may be slightly too dark and the yellow is a little too orangey, I mixed the paint under electric light and it looked fine then daylight showed it as being not yellow enough. Enough blather though here's the pic.

HARDY
04-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi all i dont know if there is already a forum for this but I wanna see some clone trooper action in here....... i just got my set off bootleg clones today and i thought id try customising some of them(never customised anything before) so heres some pics............let me know what you guys and gals think and lets see some of your clone armies and customised clones in here!!!!!!!!!!

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=237444

HARDY
04-03-2003, 04:45 PM
click on the links for more pics

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=237449

HARDY
04-03-2003, 04:47 PM
one more for you.....id like your honest opinions these are my first trys at customising let me know what you think!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Amy
04-04-2003, 04:20 AM
I've never even heard of these bootlegs, but they look wonderful! Great job!!!!!!!!!:D

HARDY
04-04-2003, 05:48 AM
I think the bootlegs originate from hong kong you get a set of 10 in the pack 5 marching and 5 5 in the attack pose, i live in the uk and got mine through a local ebay dealer

HARDY
04-04-2003, 09:24 AM
thanks amy!!!!!:)

JEDIpartner
04-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Nice job! Even though the boots don't look like the standard clonies, they still look great!

HARDY
04-04-2003, 04:30 PM
i think they look more like theactual clonetroopers on the saga fig box(picture) than the hasbro ones

HARDY
04-05-2003, 06:35 AM
thanks but i still think the look better im gonna put up som comparison pics later anyways wheres everyone elses clone armies cmon i m sure loads of you guys have got tons of troopers

Chiesa
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Actually I do like the bootlegs that are standing in attention!! :) I for one do not think that they are ugly! But I must say that the originals are better looking.

But the other one with the action pose. Well basically too many of them is a real over kill!!

Sidiously Darth
04-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Man, this thread has been cold for a while.:p

Here's my latest. It was inspired by Hank 5's website.

It's a new and improved Obi-Wan. I used the body of a Pilot Obi (1 less clogging the pegs), the head from Coruscant Obi w/ a brown was on the hair, the hilt from Count Dooku minus the green blade & Obi's blue blade. Enjoy!:D

New Kenobi (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4112758&a=30663085&p=63335836&f=0)

DarthBrandon
04-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Justy a repaint but i wanted to do the other clonetrooper colors and based these on the pics at the official site. This scan has bleached a wee bit of color away and made the blue more blue and less greeny/blue than it actally is, if you follow me. It's just the regular saga carded red clonetrooper.
I used enamel paints on mine and it worked fine apart from needing to paint the white one about six times to cover up that dreadful pinky red hasbro used.
As far as I can tell the green and blue ones are exactly movie accurate colors. The red may be slightly too dark and the yellow is a little too orangey, I mixed the paint under electric light and it looked fine then daylight showed it as being not yellow enough. Enough blather though here's the pic.

Nicely done EJ, now you don't have to buy anymore Cloners with rank cause you have them all.

Good Job

HARDY
05-03-2003, 10:05 AM
heres another clone im working on....it was a standing to attention bootleg i just cut it up into bits and put it togethe the way i wanted let me know what you think its not finished yet though!!!!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=247325

DarthBrandon
05-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Here's a custom of a Rodian Jedi, with Jedi Robes and without.

I took an old Greedo and Obi-Wan Starfighter Pilot, used the boil and pop method for the head. I also cut Greedo arms off and filed some of the wrist portion off to fit into the holes on Obi-Wan's arms for moveable hand action. The figure looks great with a green lightsaber and Jedi robes on.

Here goes:

DarthBrandon
05-20-2003, 07:32 PM
And here's pic number two:

Sidiously Darth
05-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Nice work Brandon! Keep'em coming.:cool:

DarthBrandon
05-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Thank-you much Sidiously Darth, will do. I can't think of my next custom just yet but it could be Orn Free Ta as a possible Jedi candidate.:D

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Here's one of my latest customs. Jedi Master Sora Bulq who defects to the Separatists after the battle on Geonosis. Bad Jedi! Bad Jedi!:p

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Another custom for you guys. This is my rendition of Sar Labooda. She was part of the Arena battle with about 30 seconds of screen time.

CloneTrooperMace
05-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Nice Job, I think boot legs are good to customiz :) :) :)

Chiesa
06-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Nice job!

jpak001
06-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Wow! I haven't been here in a long time, looks like I was missing out on seeing some excellent customs. Great work you guys!! Really inspiring stuff!

Just wanted to post a really easy one. I'm sure this has been done before, and there might even have been a pic already posted like it. But I couldn't find one using the search function so here goes:

My custom Anakin speeder. Just swapped heads from "took too many laxatives" speeder Ani to Hangar Duel Ani, and there it is. A much more relieved Anakin Skywalker!

Now I'm actually happy that I bought this speeder set!
I'll have to do a custom cape when the Secret Ceremony Ani's are abundant (if they ever are).

DarthBrandon
06-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Nice job jpak001 and SD

Very nice work the both of you, keep it up guys.

:D

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-12-2003, 07:41 PM
OK I thought about the new Rebublic Gunship's new color sceme and decided to make a cone trooper to go with it!

Ok I'm not shure if the pick will work but I'll try

C:\Program Files\Veo Stingray\Album\cap_018.jpg

Oh crap... Could anyone tell me how to get my picture on here?

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh gosh... Sorry I didn't read the setup thingy... sorry I'll move it to one of the others once I figure out how to post a picture...

Sorry again....

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Ok I think this is my custom clone trooper
I painted it to go with the new Rebublic Gunship...

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Side view

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm just about done with my Jango, so I'll have him up soon And if I can find someone who's area has cheap Slave 1's I might think about buying

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Finnially got my Jango Done I've been working on it for a while now but the paint job is still not the best but anyways....

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 05:02 PM
legs

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Helmet

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 05:09 PM
jetpack

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 05:17 PM
better jetpack

Phantom-like Menace
07-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Has anyone purchased and torn apart Arena Confrontation Mace Windu? I'm wondering if it would be practical to take the cloak from the Nikto Jedi (or some other Jedi) and to put it on Mace. I don't know enough about that particular Mace to know how easy or difficult it would be to pull that handle out of his back. Nikto Jedi's cloak seems to be the most compatible with Mace's stance.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas and speculation are all welcome.

Thanks

K M Toydarian
07-22-2003, 06:05 AM
It was easy to remove Mace's cloak as well as the saber. I really like this play feature, and even without the cloak it is pretty cool. Not for display, for play. You have to suspend your disbelief, but after all is is a 4" Sam Jackson!
Here is a pic of Mace wearing Nikto's cloak, and wearing the Jedi cloak from the Arena Accessory pack (on clearance now at Target!).

Also a pic of Secret Ceremony Ani wearing Mace's cloak.

Phantom-like Menace
07-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Many thanks! Your reply is insanely appreciated. The pictures are perfect, and I think I will give this a try. I'll just have to pick up another Nikto Jedi and track down that particular Mace Windu.

I've only been really happy with the Preview Mace Windu, and to a lesser extent the Mace Windu made for Episode I. As you say: it's Sam Jackson! I really want these figures to be awesome.

This is good news, and I need good news after messing up a Mara Jade custom this morning.

Thanks again kraigmc.

JEDIpartner
07-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Here is a shot of the before and after of the Panickin figure that came with the Swoop Bike.

I went with a little more of a brown colour in the paint as it seemed to match the pics of Hayden that I had available to me at the moment. I hope this inspires others to take the leap, shave off his eyebrows and whack on some good ones!!!

2-1B
07-26-2003, 12:43 AM
WOW Dale, it's like a brand new headsculpt! :eek:

Good for you, that makes the speeder set a much better piece IMO. :)

Beast
07-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Agreed, looks much better. Instead of fearing for his life, he now looks mildly psychotic. Much closer to Anakin from E2. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CloneTrooperMace
07-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Looks okay JP-The eyes look better....Were do you take you pic's?....Because it looks good.

Obi-Don
07-27-2003, 05:35 AM
Very good job, I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with that paint job. You took a loser figure and made a winner. :D

JEDIpartner
07-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Believe it or not... I just scanned the figure into my computer... :D

Yeah... it actually looks better in person but I figured this would everyone a much better idea of how the toy should look as opposed to how it does looks.

darth_sidious
07-29-2003, 03:33 PM
I found clone troopers on clearance for $1.99, and instead of waiting for the colored officers in the Clone Wars army builder packs, I decided to start making my own. It wasnt too difficult to customize the trooper, beside being very careful with the helmet. I think it turned out well, so I'm planning on making one in blue and yellow next. Check out my green clone trooper officer below:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6370

JEDIpartner
07-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice... I've done a couple myself. My colours aren't as bright as they are in the films. I opted for slightly darker colours for the blue and green ones.

CloneTrooperMace
07-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Nice.....Great Job I working on a blue Clone Trooper.

187-Maul
07-30-2003, 01:05 PM
I also recently picked u some more clones for 2.99 each and did some more colored Clones, I did one blue (although it looks inda black in the pic since I used a darker blue that I liked more), one yellow, one red (more movie accurate) and some white ones, I also repositioned one white so he can kneel down
here's a pic of my small army (all of them are repaints except for the one preview clone)

and for a bit larger version of the pic go here http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/155124/CloneTrooperArmy.jpg

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Thats Cool....Nice Job I like the red one :)

darth_sidious
07-31-2003, 03:26 PM
I just completed my blue clone trooper, the camera flash makes the color look brighter than it is, but it still came out nice. The bases Hasbro created really make the figures that much better when being photographed.

InsaneJediGirl
07-31-2003, 04:31 PM
Wrong Thread :confused:

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 04:43 PM
Looks teal...But Cool ;)

darth_sidious
08-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Last, the yellow clone trooper, this one took more effort than the others because of the light color, had to use two layers of paint. Glad you like them, post yours too... I'm thinkin about some non-movie/cartoon (clone wars) colors, like a metallic silver trooper...

CloneTrooperMace
08-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Not Bad......I was working on a blue one and I was doing the boil & pop to it the get head off so I can paint it better when head peg had broken in half on me :cry: ...So I gave up on that & now I'm working on Making mold's of padawans so I can make them......

-CTM-

CloneTrooperMace
08-06-2003, 03:58 PM
That's cool...I would have never tryed that...Thanks

Mandalorian30
08-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Awesome! KB has all theirs on sale for $1.99 here too. I need to pick up a bunch of troopers and do that too!

Mandalorian30
08-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Excellent improvement! That first Anakin face looks horrid!!

Kidhuman
08-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Nice. Looks alot better than it did.

Kidhuman
08-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Those look really cool. Great job on them. If I opened mine I would do the same thing.

mabudonicus
08-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Real nice work Bro!! I haven't seen that figure here, I'm shocked at how downright silly the release looks... you nailed the look, the brows are aces...
Oh, and way to scan, if I didn't know you, I wouldn't have believed you... I've seen digicam (not webcam) pics that are hundreds of times worse

JEDIpartner
08-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Real nice work Bro!! I haven't seen that figure here, I'm shocked at how downright silly the release looks... you nailed the look, the brows are aces...
Oh, and way to scan, if I didn't know you, I wouldn't have believed you... I've seen digicam (not webcam) pics that are hundreds of times worse

Thanks, man! I'm too broke to get a digital cam and so... I have to get resourceful! :)

Peace!

Sidiously Darth
08-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Bumping up the Saga Customs.

TME, once again I like the two-tone look. Gives it a more concept feel. :cool:

Also, here's a pic of my custom Nikto Jedi. I've also include a cap from the movie. This is where I got my inspiration.

http://www.freewebs.com/sidiouslydarth/nikto3.JPG

http://www.freewebs.com/sidiouslydarth/niktomoviepic.JPG

Enjoy!

darth_sidious
08-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Someone sent me a message and asked for a comparison picture...of my custom blue clone trooper with the Hasbro blue clone trooper (from the Clone Wars multipack)...here it is...

Sidiously Darth
08-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Nice work DS. Hard to tell which is real and which is the custom. :cool:

187-Maul
08-22-2003, 09:34 PM
just some "upgrade customs" I did
I repositioned the arms of Count Dooku by putting him in boiling hot water for about 2 minutes, then take him out, put his arms as I want them and hold him like that in ice cold water (shock-freeze him)
I also gave his left wrist articulation
for the Obi-Wan, I just swapped his head with CC Obi-Wan :)
here are the pics

JEDIpartner
01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I just called up this thread because I was just thinking about how hard we all worked to get some of these Saga figures to look acceptable!

Nice work, everyone!