PDA

View Full Version : Awwww, Rick "loves" us.

Dar' Argol
04-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Taken from my local paper on Friday, April 26.

Written by David Germain
AP Movie Writer

Fans have heaped scorn on the B-movie title of "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones," a film expected to follow its four predecessors as Hollywood's blockbuster hit of the summer.

Rick McCallum, producing partner of "Star Wars" creator George Lucas, said fans initially derided most of the series' chapter tags - including "The Phantom Menace" and the original films' "A New Hope". They eventually embrace the titles as befitting the story lines, he said.

"That's part of the fun of it," McCallum said. "There is a group of people who are seriously deranged, and who we love dearly. That's what makes 'Star Wars' work, in a strange way."

Did Rick just call us "deranged" AND says he "loves" us all in the same sentance?!?!?!?!?! Ewwww, creepy:stupid:

jawaboy
04-29-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm seriously deranged? At least I don't have potty mouth like he does.

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Rick needs to stop being the "official" mouthpiece for Star Wars. He says the most idiotic things. Star Wars works because we are deranged? What does that MEAN?

jawaboy
04-29-2002, 11:05 AM
I feel like wiping off this lipstick, taking off my mom's clothes and going down there and ask him what he thinks deranged is. I am EU!

2-1B
04-29-2002, 01:01 PM
That comment reminds me of what he said about the Seattle movie line guys, how they are absolutely 'nuts' and he 'loves' them.

I took my current sig line in honor of Ricky, 'cause I make Star Wars work! :D

Taichi
04-29-2002, 02:32 PM
I feel like dressing up like Queen Amidala, and finding Ricky.....

and shoving one of those Jar Jar Tongue candies so far up his rear, that he'll be able to taste it......

Deranged? I think not....

beyond help?, definitely....

JEDIpartner
04-29-2002, 08:47 PM
I'm a little Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs...

Freedom
04-29-2002, 10:18 PM
Do you think Darth Maul's dork is tattooed as well? Uh... what were you talking about?

Darth Nihilus
04-30-2002, 01:38 AM
I took offence to a comment by George Lucas in Time magazine about how those who criticise Episode 1 where a bunch of 37 year old fanboys with no life - I'm only 26.:evil:

SithDroid
04-30-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Rick needs to stop being the "official" mouthpiece for Star Wars. He says the most idiotic things. Star Wars works because we are deranged? What does that MEAN?

I agree with you there. How does someone like Rick McCallum get to produce something like this? GL must like to have people around him that kiss his a**.

Darth Nihilus - If GL did indeed say something like that then that just goes to show how much he "truly" loves his work and the fans. GL has NEVER been good at taking criticism from the fans or from the media. Sure George, it may be your vision, but it's the fans that pay your salary. Give them what they want and stop crying about it.

Caesar - I think it's time you brought back the Rick McCallum avatar seeing as the movie is shortly approaching.

Darth Nihilus
04-30-2002, 12:08 PM
I find it amazing that George seems to be genuinely stumped about why so many people bash Ep1, for me it can be summed thus - he turned it into a kid's movie. Sure he has a child protagonist but that doesn't mean we need Jerry Lewis type performances (Jar Jar), or childish colloquial expressions (What? Are you braindead?) or banal toilet humour. Nor did I need a precocious brat 'accidentally' saving the day because he was told to stay in the cockpit. If George can move away from the idea of kid's movies then I'll be a satisfied customer. However if AotC doesn't rectify these matters then what incentive will there be to see Episode 3?

Sorry - I had to get that off my chest.:crazed:

SithDroid
04-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Come on Caesar, I'm waiting for the Rick avatar!