PDA

View Full Version : Falling Over

sunblind
04-29-2002, 12:10 PM
Does anyone else think that the fig's stance is not up to par?
Any one I try to stand up seems to fall over. And whats up with the clone troopers stance. He keeps falling over. They could have made his stance alittle more up striaght. and Plo Koon he wont stand up either. BUT I love all my new figures dont get me wrong. I do love 'em.

Wolfwood319
04-29-2002, 12:13 PM
I have had no problem standing any of my figures. I don't use stands or poster tacky either. If you are having trouble, you might want to think about using some though.

Starfig873
04-29-2002, 12:25 PM
I have to say that all of mine stand quite well. Even old man Dooku with his saber in the air stands well. :)

Croaker
04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm having trouble with Nikto Jedi, Royal Guard and Taun We who all keep falling over. I don't have the CLone Trooper yet.

Forhekset
04-29-2002, 12:59 PM
All of mine stand up ok except for Nikto (I have him coming around a corner and leaning onto his shoulder a bit to help him stay up) and Kit Fisto. I have no idea how to stand Kit Fisto, so for now he's leaning back against the side of my bookcase.

leenovak
04-29-2002, 01:32 PM
All the figures I have are fairly easy to stand, except one.....the Clone Trooper! Ugh! What's the deal with this guy? They include that silly dirt pile for him to stand on, but the molding is all wrong, so it doesn't work and without that rock he just falls over. Grrr...so I just prop him up behind the cannon he comes with, that works. :)

Taichi
04-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Guys....just invest in some action stands!

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by leenovak
All the figures I have are fairly easy to stand, except one.....the Clone Trooper! Ugh! What's the deal with this guy? They include that silly dirt pile for him to stand on, but the molding is all wrong, so it doesn't work and without that rock he just falls over. Grrr...so I just prop him up behind the cannon he comes with, that works. :)

All of my Clonetroopers stand up. You should try adjusting the legs some more. Also, you may or may not know that the Clonetroopers actually have 2 joints at the knees, not just one. There is the regular joint that allows the knee to bend. And there is also a joint right above that which allows the claf to swivel in a circle, just like the figures with wrist joints. That helps a lot when you're positioning him to stand.

I had a problem with my Nikto and it's hard to solve because he doesn't have any hip joints, so his legs are just one piece of molded plastic. But what I did was use an Xacto knife to shave off some of the plastic on the bottom of his feet, so that they are even. Now he stands fine.

Plo Koon is the only figure I have that just WON'T stand, period.

Forhekset
04-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I think the Clonetrooper is one of the easiest figs to stand up with all that leg articulation.

My Plo Koon stands pretty well but he looks like he's being blown backwards by a really strong wind.

sunblind
04-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I'll have to try some of thesse new ideas to stand my fig's. Although I do have to say nomatter what i do, that darn Geoshian warrior wont stand. Anyone have a way of doing it?
Let me know.

THE Slayer
04-29-2002, 03:31 PM
I attached the "rock" with the peg to the bottom of kit's foot, the foot that's turned at an angle to his body, so it looks like he's bracing against it as he enters the arena. Now he stands fine. Plo's force effect just touches another fig helping his stay up.

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 03:37 PM
I have four kids and 70lb yellow lab running around here.I gave up on free standing figures a long time ago.I have ultra ramas and action stands.Get a action stand and carefully drill hole in the Geonosian's feet so he'll accept the post.Or If that's not right I've used a small drop of elmers glue.It won't hurt the figure or the surface he's glued to.If you have to move him alittle pressure will pop him loose and the glue just comes off.That'll hold him up right anyway.

Unit-01
04-29-2002, 03:50 PM
My Kit Fisting has trouble because his feet don't line up.

leenovak
04-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks pthfnder89, I'll have to try that when I get home from work.

I did order some stands from the fan club site, but they aren't here yet and I was too impatient to leave my guys in their plastic prisons. :)

Sith Vicious
04-29-2002, 07:15 PM
My Taun We and Kit Fisto won't stand by themselves either. I invested in some action stands the last time I ordered from the fan club, and they are well worth the money. I did get my geonosian to stand by putting his wings up and standing him with his right foot flat and his left foot just touching on the front part.

QLD
04-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Action stands are almost as vital to my collection as my figures are. I dont have the time or patience to constantly have to repose and fix all my figures after I knock them down. They are great. I usually order 50 at a time from REAL's website.