PDA

View Full Version : How are people behaving in the stores?

Tycho
04-29-2002, 04:08 PM
It's been about a week since Midnight Madness. Think back to then - and now...

How are people behaving in the toy isles when you last went to buy new Star Wars?

The True Maul
04-29-2002, 04:29 PM
At Episode 2 Toy's release I have Seen many generous people. But at the Episode 1 Toy release, I saw A mother and her two kids
where looking at the Episode 1 Toys and my friend and I where talking too themand looking at the figures, a Fifteen year old kid comes over and he has the Tattioone Maul and everyones looking at it and he tells the mother "Hey you want this,I'll Give it to you"
the lady says no Thank you even though she wanted it for her kids. And the Guy says Well Good I wasn't going to give it too you anyway:eek: Can You Believe That!!!!!!

Wolfwood319
04-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Everyone has been great!

Everytime I've went out since the 23rd, I've met other collectors, and everyone is really cool (so far.) I met a guy who collects with his kids, I thought that was great. I met another guy, he had all the geon warriors in his cart, asked what I was looking for, I told him Geon warriors, and he gave me 2 right out of his cart. Very cool all around. Everyone is telling everyone else were they saw what, and at what stores. What stores to avoid, etc. Very cool time right now, IMO.

The True Maul
04-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Me too I had people being kind like that also!

BanthaPoodoo
04-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Everyone has been great (the reason for this is that I am always the only one on the SW aisle when I go to the store!!!!!!!!!)

"Lonely, I'm so lonely"

Signed,
Mr. Lonely :(

Casual George
04-29-2002, 05:08 PM
At MM this time around I was at my local Wal-Mart (TRU wasn't playing), everyone was polite and in a sharing mood. There was one lady, who before the stuff went on sale was asking the sales woman if she could have all of the 12 " figures! She didn't succeed, so there was plenty for everyone.

Vortex
04-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Everyone that I've run across has been pretty good, cept for the scalper sharks that live at wal-mart. There were a few incidents the 1st day, but minor things like trading this for that, if there weren't any left on the pegs. On guy was trying to sell figures even before he check out and personally bought the figs.

LusiferSam
04-29-2002, 05:24 PM
Well the one person I saw the whole time I was doing my shopping was real nice. I was pointing stuff to me and making small talk the whole time.

eliwankenobi
04-29-2002, 05:41 PM
I didn't go to MM because I figure I'll be able to get all the figs I want in due time. I've been browsing the local WMs, TRUs and TGTs in my area and noticed not only there being very few other peops in the SW section, but that they've all been friendly. On one occasion I offered the last Baby Fett (at one location) to someone looking for one, and I've been offered several figs or information on locations that might have figs I'm looking for.
All in all everyone's been very pleasant, if not very friendly.
God forbid I run into any hoarding scalpers though...

the last jedi
04-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi all I have been very lucky and the people have been great infact I bought for friends who could not find what they needed.
there has been some dealer's/scalper's buying up certian pieces and trying to make a fast doller so I bought for friends and sold what I bought for. Buy before the dealers and scalper's those jawa scum.

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 06:16 PM
No problems any where I've been.A few teenagers here and there looking and bad mouthing everything.funny really,They can't help but look but have to be cool in front of their freinds.Who btw can't help but look too.lol No problems at all.

c_richards
04-29-2002, 06:23 PM
So far my expirences have been fairly good ones. Most of the people I have met are always willing to share info, if not a figure they have. I too have tried to be better about sharing info, both in here, and in person. I am a firm believer of what comes around goes around!

Of course, all the pirates hate me because I have ID'ed them and pointed them out to fellow collectors, but I could care less. If I can see a collector beat a pirate to a figure...then I'm happy!

I have set up a few "trade buddies" and that's been a great expirence. If one of us happens to run across a figure the others need as well, we'll try to buy enough for everyone in the group. We'll trade a figure for a figure, and not go on the "value" of the item. If the other doesn't have a figure to trade, then we'll accept payment for the item, but we'll only take what we paid for the item and tax.
($5.88 + 8.25% tax rate in the Bay Area)

Mostly everyone here has been great.

HH and MTFBWY

Obi-wedge
04-29-2002, 07:15 PM
There were four of us at an OKC wal maert (two were ladies getting figs for their kids) We all helped each other out and made sure each others collections were complete.

dirtybones
04-29-2002, 08:54 PM
The same for me. Not one bad thing has happened while looking for these great figures. I gave up my Royal Guard to this one couple and the way they reacted about it was great to see. I agree with c_ricards " what comes around goes around" It just makes the looking a little bit more enjoyable knowing that even if you don't find that one figure your looking for, the people around you will proabaly give some kind of help in your search.

Skywalker75
04-29-2002, 09:56 PM
I was at a north oklahoma city wal mart and there were only about 9 peeps waiting for figures. Everyone was very friendly and helped eachother find figs they were missing...got all of them except dexter, clone trooper, luminara, and yoda...picked them up the next day...still have not found dooku: (

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-29-2002, 10:13 PM
Everybody @ my MM sale in Columbus route 23 super wally world were really nice. the people in front would snatch figures from pegs, hold them up and ask if they were needed. Everybody got what they could that evening. I sold an extra Count Dooku to a lil' kid the next day too. I saw him lookin' for one at TRU with no luck and while he and his mother were checking out, i went up to her and said, "ma'am, i have an extra Count Dooku figure, the bad dude. If you want it for your son, for 6.00, it's yours" and she thanked me like a million times and the kid was giddy. I sold it to her and felt all warm and tingly, i had done my good deed. Cause if the collectors/hard core fans are going to have a hard time getting figures, this kid would have no chance at all. cheerio!

underdog25
04-29-2002, 11:15 PM
There was about 8 people at my TRU and all of them were helping each other out. Everyone got at least one of each figure. One guy did wait till everyone got what they wanted and then he went and bought up all of the R2-D2's with the solid peg joint:-( I don't even think they are worth anymore then the one with the clover shaped peg?? He spent $480 some dollars, all on R2!!! LOSER??? I was kind of mad about one collector. We didn't get the Yoda wave and he was going to sell me one for cost but never came back to the store:-( I still don't have him or dooku. Time will pass and both will be peg warmers as well as others. I bet by next May all will be on clearance for $1.97! Time will tell.

Dark Knight
04-30-2002, 01:06 AM
I went to two different wm. The first wm only had 14 differnent figures and the 5 people there were nice. The second wm had the rest. The only other person there pointed out Count Dooku to me. :)

sumdumchum
04-30-2002, 01:46 AM
Well, I haven't had a bad experience this time around or any other time to be honest. At EP1 there was this guy waiting in line boasting about how he was only in it for the money and nothing else. I think he just felt silly waiting in line and was trying to make himself look manly by denying he was there because he's a SW geek just like the rest of us. I have not seen anyone at the aisles when I go. I'm always the only one there. Makes me think that there are not many SW collectors here in Tallahassee, Florida. I still haven't found Dooku, Royal Guard, We and many others. Any Tally people out there? Drop me a line.

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 02:47 AM
I've usually been the only one in the aisle looking at figures. Which feels a little weird since my local K-Mart put the SW display in the middle of the women's clothing section, across the store from the toy aisle. What kind of sense does that make? So I guess having to dodge women shopping for clothes and underwear has scared off the crowds.

David Denny
04-30-2002, 05:09 AM
i went to the same wal-mart for both E1 and E2 and even help a mother the same mother who i dont know at both and i would see back for E3 most people were nice helping each other even with background figures a man who had
Taun we and Luminara Unduli let me see and hold them and was nice he could have been rude and said no and i could have ran off when i had them in my hand he did let me walk away to show my brother but that would have been wrong
when it comes to star wars some times it does bring people togather in a nice way

plo kloon
04-30-2002, 05:18 AM
So far everyone that I ran into was pretty cool about the new figures.I looked around and there were a few people telling me were to go find the ones that I was looking for.I heard some of the horror stories form last MM from epsode 1 so Iwas ready to do battle for these figures but so far no battles!

jonthejedi
04-30-2002, 06:52 AM
6 AM at WalMart saw nothing but grown men like myself hunting for the 27. Everyone was extremely nice, and actually helped others find an elusive figure once they obtained theirs. I wouldn't have snared Dooku if not for the kindness of a total stranger. Many of them were actually helping the dept. head open and put away the case assortment...obviously helping themselves as they went along. Overall, though...very civil.

lapork
04-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Taun We, Red Guard & Luminara...at TRU-Times Square---yup! Nice folks were kind enough to let me touch their carded figs, despite the hesitant-concerned look on their faces.

I suspect that TRU-Union Square had the Duke but the cases were already ransacked by the time my buddy and I got there---even though one of the workers there was kind enough to ask us what we were looking for. He took out a couple of cases, both of which were Yoda cases, but no Dooku!

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
Everyone has been great (the reason for this is that I am always the only one on the SW aisle when I go to the store!!!!!!!!!)

"Lonely, I'm so lonely"

Signed,
Mr. Lonely :( It's been pretty much the same around here, so I added this option to the poll. I haven't seen almost anybody looking since April 24th. Those that have been there have been quiet and keeping to themselves, no sharing, no fighting, at best some quiet mumbling.

DarthBrandon
05-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Here in Canada people seem to be very calm about it, so you can
actually talk shop with one another. Yet their is the odd bozo who
is rude to Ya. No biggie just ignore and walk away.