PDA

View Full Version : removable bandolier Chewbacca please Hasbro.

Jargo
04-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Dear Hasbro, yes it's me again. The right royal pain in the backside :)

Would it be possible do you think, to create a Chewbacca figure that has a removable bandolier and satchel? Of all the eight or so Chewbacca figures since POTF2, there hasn't been a single solitary plain Chewbacca figure that is customisable. I don't expect you to start throwing out Wookiees left right and center but just one Chewbacca that can be customised into senator Yarua or whoever would be very nice thank you. It's just that you can't really customise the wookiee figures very well with all that molded onto their body. Most people aren't very skilled as sculptors and couldn't tell one end of a dremel from the other. So it would be really sweet of you to just put out one properly scaled Chewbacca that can be seperated from that bloody bandolier and satchel, so that something interesting can be created from him.

Love the sculpts on the last few BTW especially the 25th anniversary one with all that hair hanging down off his arms, really nicely done. Pity he's the best sculpt and posed so permanently.......................

Lots of love,

Jargo. :)

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Now that would be awesome.With all the molded fur and the Bandolier molded into it you can't remove it and still a have decent figure.Make him.I'll buy two I promise.And I never buy two.
And I agree Jargo,the 25th ann Chewie is awesome.Stuck,but awesome.

Beast
04-29-2002, 07:21 PM
I'm all for a Chewie w/ Removable Bandolier. It's been along time coming, and we still don't have one. Heck, they even gave the POTJ IG-88 a removable bandolier, why not give Chewbacca one aswell. It's to late for the upcoming Chewie: Cloud City Escape. But make the next one with one, please Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 05:42 PM
I'd like to see a removable bandolier as well.

mylow thehutt
04-30-2002, 07:17 PM
and the ewok net.they cought him in.

LTBasker
04-30-2002, 07:27 PM
This should definitely be made! IG-88 was on film for what, 2 minutes? And considering with the POTJ fig, there are 3 IG-88 figures total, and it only took you until the 3rd try to get it basically perfect? C'mon.......

187-Maul
04-30-2002, 07:48 PM
I too would like to see a removable bandolier version in a normal pose with his bowcaster
and give him maybe soft-plastic fur around the joints so they're not that vivible (like mcfarlane often does with their toys)
that figure would totally rock

mark2d2
05-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Maybe a multipack with many different Bandolier fashion colors --- So Chewie can be ready to accessorize for any occasion!

. . . Uh, sorry. I should not be online after a wild Tuesday night out at the clubs.

Jargo
05-01-2002, 02:16 PM
Maybe a 'Chewbacca with rinsable fashion colours fur', make him pink, make him green then wash it off and start all over. maybe a 'Twistin' plaits hair fashion fun chewbacca' or a 'jigglin' wiglin' disco Chewbacca' that responds to funky dance music................

I think I'll stick with the removable bandolier thanks mark2d2 :D

mark2d2
05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
I love it! "Rave Chewbacca!" Finally, we'd all have a use for "Disco Lobot!"

evenflow
05-02-2002, 03:56 PM
I would like a Chewbacca with real fur. Come on Hasbro, that would rock.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Evenflow, you're a good guy and all, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF YODA, NO!!! Look at how freaky those 12" furry Chewies look, I'm not saying the plastic 12" Chewie is perfect, but at least it looks like him rather than Cousin It.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Agreed, the furry 12" Chewies make him look like he stuck his finger in a wall socket.

Never really saw the big deal of a removable bandolier Chewie, since his fur always overlaps the bandolier around his shoulder; but it's obviously important to everyone else, so count me in.:) Since the Wookie Senators WERE the original Chewbacca suit, why not just make one of them?

Jargo
05-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Okay, modify my request to encompass a request for a Wookiee without bandolier then. I still want a Chewbacca with removable bandolier but I'd settle for a Senator Yarua figure instead if it came to it.

I'm all for figures that cater to customisers too. The AOTC Nikto Jedi has a removable robe that heralds the first full sculpt of the Nikto head and it's perfect for customisers. Absolutely top notch thinking from the designer of that figure. I say thank you for that from the bottom of my pacemaker. :happy:

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Chewbacca : Endor (with removable bandolier, and "dead animal" Ewok trap.)

QLD
05-04-2002, 10:05 PM
I am COMPLETELY against it....It jst.....awww...I'm kidding!!! Sounds great!! :D

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Agreed, the furry 12" Chewies make him look like he stuck his finger in a wall socket.

Never really saw the big deal of a removable bandolier Chewie, since his fur always overlaps the bandolier around his shoulder; but it's obviously important to everyone else, so count me in.:) Since the Wookie Senators WERE the original Chewbacca suit, why not just make one of them? BZZZZZZT!!! ROOOOAAARRR!!!

;)

1- more accessories are always good
2- Chewie is seen in ANH and ROTJ w/out a bandolier, IIRC.

Jargo
05-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Really? I must have missed that. I just want this to customise with. I've got a hankering to create an army of wookiess to pit against the Imperials instead of the ewoks. And all wookiees don't wear bandoliers so.....

Necessary resculpt #475

CHEWBACCA:
Millenium Falcon co-pilot
(w/ bowcaster and removable bandolier )

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
i'm for the Chewbacca with removable bandolier, too!