PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Trailer

DarkArtist
04-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Just saw the new trailer that Walmart has been running in conjunction with Episode II. Let me just say it is awesome. Both C-3PO and R2-D2 tell the story of events leading up to Episode II as well as showing the events that eventually follow Episode III.
The entire story of Anakin Skywalker is revealed without the spoilers for Episode III but none the less definately worth watching when it is on.
:D :D :D

Jason B
04-30-2002, 07:25 AM
uh... what?

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2002, 09:31 AM
I saw it a couple of times. Looks similar to the intro by C3PO and R2D2 in front of ESB last Thursday. Probably is the same thing we will be seeing the next two weeks when they show ROTJ and TPM.

Pendo
04-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Anyone know where I can download the Walmart trailer from? I've looked on Morpheus but nothing came up :(.

PENDO!

Taichi
04-30-2002, 01:14 PM
I am of mixed feelings about it....since they state that the only Jedi to survive the purge, were Yoda and Obi Wan.......

I'm sorry, but of 200,000 Jedi, there had to be more than just two that survived......

I'm sure there was no "Official" census, otherwise they wouldn't have simply 'assumed' Obi Wan and Yoda dead........because the records would show that they weren't

Beast
04-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
I am of mixed feelings about it....since they state that the only Jedi to survive the purge, were Yoda and Obi Wan.......

I'm sorry, but of 200,000 Jedi, there had to be more than just two that survived......

I'm sure there was no "Official" census, otherwise they wouldn't have simply 'assumed' Obi Wan and Yoda dead........because the records would show that they weren't
According to the visual dictionary, there are only about 9,000 jedi spread across the galaxy. Not that hard to exterminate that many, since the Jedi Archives no doubt has detailed records of their names and locations. Once Palpatine starts the purge and takes control of the temple, they would easily be able to start hunting them down. Not to mention Bounty Hunters and civilians that are loyal to the Imperial cause.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
04-30-2002, 06:21 PM
But that still doesn't account for how Obi and Yoda escaped.....

if they had records, then they would've been very thorough.......it just stands to reason that Yoda and Obi Wan wouldn't have been the only ones who got away

chewie
04-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Obi Wan and Yoda escape the same way that Sidious is hiding under the jedi council's noses. They both block the sith from detecting them, and they both travel to far off distant planets, one of which has no sentient life forms, and the other a very hostile place.