PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Databse Relaunched (Formerly Price Guide)

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 02:16 AM
It's got a new name but we made it easier to navigate.

It's been long overdue (and it's still not 100% ready) but it's ready enough for you to get in there! You can track your Hasbro collection, view variation details, view the endless amounts of pictures, view what we think your item(s) are worth (ultimately they are worth what someone is willing to pay for it) and much more! Although there is still some work to be done, it's done enough for you to check it out. If you are a returning user, your collection is still there! Click here (http://systems.figures.com/database) to get started! NOTE: This is a DIFFERENT registration process than the FORUMS so if you are a registered forums user and have not registered on our old Price Guide, you have to register if you want to track your collection. You no longer have to register to browse the Collector's Database! If you come across any bugs, please e-mail us!

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 02:21 AM
Cool, I tried navigating the old one but found it waaaaaaaay too confusing and tedious. Easier just to spend $5 on a Toyfare. But I will give this new one a shot. Thanks!

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 02:44 AM
I welcome everyones comments and suggestions.

SithDroid
04-30-2002, 02:45 AM
Easy to navigate. One thing SirSteve. In the POTF2 section under Orrimarko (Prune Face) you have him listed as $40 MOC. I don't think that this is correct seeing as he was easily available and the hard to get figures were cheaper than $40. Just an observation.

R2-D2
04-30-2002, 09:54 AM
I am having trouble logging in. I get that 'can't find the page' screen, but if I hit browse, it says that I am logged in.

I haven't had time to browse much, but is there a way to list all the variations in a line such as all the Saga variations?
R2

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by R2-D2
I am having trouble logging in. I get that 'can't find the page' screen, but if I hit browse, it says that I am logged in.

I haven't had time to browse much, but is there a way to list all the variations in a line such as all the Saga variations?
R2

Login issue was fixed. It was a cookie problem.

leenovak
04-30-2002, 01:47 PM
As a relatively new person here, I just want to say thanks for putting something like the Cantina together, and for making it so easy to use. I've been looking for something like this for a looooong time. :) Thanks again!

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Easy to navigate. One thing SirSteve. In the POTF2 section under Orrimarko (Prune Face) you have him listed as $40 MOC. I don't think that this is correct seeing as he was easily available and the hard to get figures were cheaper than $40. Just an observation. Yeah, Thrawn just showed me this. We'll look into it, it seems to be a bit of a looloo for ol' Pruny Face.

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Easy to navigate. One thing SirSteve. In the POTF2 section under Orrimarko (Prune Face) you have him listed as $40 MOC. I don't think that this is correct seeing as he was easily available and the hard to get figures were cheaper than $40. Just an observation.

We are looking into it. Something is buggy I think but it doesn't look to be widespread....

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by leenovak
As a relatively new person here, I just want to say thanks for putting something like the Cantina together, and for making it so easy to use. I've been looking for something like this for a looooong time. :) Thanks again!

Thanks! Keep the comments and suggestions coming!

Lord Malakite
04-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Toy Fair Vader is in there twice. One for POTJ and one for Saga.

Lord Malakite
04-30-2002, 05:04 PM
I also can't find "Sneak Preview" Mace Windu or "Sneak Preview" STAP.

RooJay
04-30-2002, 05:51 PM
I just tried to register, but the darn thing won't let me! It say that my user name is already registered (and no, I was never registered before). I figured I'd change my name slightly, but then I'm told that my e-mail is already registered. I tried logging in with my forums user name and password (I know it's not supposed to work that way, but the thing was telling me I'm already registered!), but it didn't work! What gives?:frus:

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 06:03 PM
If you registered with our last Price Guide system, you may still be registered with that username and password.

RooJay
04-30-2002, 06:20 PM
Like I said...I've never been registered before.

Lord Malakite
04-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Roojay, try requesting your password with the forget password option. Your user name and password will be emailed to you.

SirSteve
04-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Toy Fair Vader is in there twice. One for POTJ and one for Saga.

Fixed.

Wolfwood319
05-01-2002, 01:54 AM
Where do you get your prices from? They all seem a bit off. $10 for a new AOTC figure MOC is a little high, don't you think?

Thrawn
05-01-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Where do you get your prices from? They all seem a bit off. $10 for a new AOTC figure MOC is a little high, don't you think?

Can you be more specific? Which figures?

Most $10 figures are the harder ones to find w/BGs.

Also factor in time, tax, shipping, etc.

Say you order a figure for $7 online and have to pay $3 for shipping. Or $3 in gas driving from store to store.

Even if you trade even with someone you have to pay tax and shipping to mail it to them.

Wolfwood319
05-01-2002, 03:02 AM
I was referring to figures like Anakin Outland Peasant, which are being listed as $10 MOC. I thought it was a little high, seeing as how they were just released, and are pretty much everywhere for $6. Also, the Jorg Sacul figure is listed, when it isn't even available yet. At most it should be listed as $10, seeing as how that's the price at C2.

Just my 2 cents, though. I don't really care about how much they're worth, nor do I "track" my collection.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 03:46 AM
Wow! $2500 for a loose vintage Boba Fett! How much is he on the card?:D

I like it a lot better, but a lot of the prices for vintage MOC are not available.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 03:55 AM
$55 seems a little low for a MOC POTF Anakin. He should be right around the same price as the POTF Nikto, Gamorrean and AT-AT Driver since they were all exclusive to Australia.

Besides Brian's Toys is selling him MOC for $2495 and they are sold out at that price!:eek:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-01-2002, 09:36 AM
I love the Cantina!!! I spent nearly 2 hours putting my collection on file. The only thing i had trouble with was some of my variations from POTF. For instance, i have 2 Vaders, regular and the one with the huge saber, and i couldn't distinguish which one was which, cause it had something like RS or ST or something. I'm assuming i should hit the LEGEND link and that would've solved that?? other than that, I had been waiting for this for soooooo long!!! thank you!!! :-)

plo koon 200
05-01-2002, 06:15 PM
I used the old price guide and there was one thing I liked more. I could look at all the variations at once by clikcin on something like Show Hide Variations. I cannot find that option any longer and I have to list my figures in my Have list without variations and then fix again. Thus taking me twice as long to enter a figure into my Have list. Is thre a quicker way to get to a variation list that I am unaware of?

SirSteve
05-01-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
I used the old price guide and there was one thing I liked more. I could look at all the variations at once by clikcin on something like Show Hide Variations. I cannot find that option any longer and I have to list my figures in my Have list without variations and then fix again. Thus taking me twice as long to enter a figure into my Have list. Is thre a quicker way to get to a variation list that I am unaware of?

That feature will return... :)

bigbarada
05-02-2002, 01:52 AM
I've been looking through it more and more and I think it is great! Only problem I've been having is with trying to register. It keeps telling me that my e-mail address is already in use. I only have one e-mail address, so what can I do? I'm not going to create another e-mail account just to register here.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Hey gang, I just remembered something, on our last forums, the registration there was linked to the old Price Guide, so if you used the old SSG forums that may explain why it's saying your email addy is already in use. So try to access it that way, and if it still doesn't work, let us know.

RooJay
05-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn

Can you be more specific? Which figures?

Most $10 figures are the harder ones to find w/BGs.

Also factor in time, tax, shipping, etc.

Say you order a figure for $7 online and have to pay $3 for shipping. Or $3 in gas driving from store to store.

Even if you trade even with someone you have to pay tax and shipping to mail it to them.
Wolfwood and I are in agreement again; should the price guide be listing the current "high" market price, or the current "fair" market price. Perhaps an average, which would be far closer to $6 since most of these new figures are much more abundant for retail. In my opinion, listing them at current highs just gives certain retailers more of a reason to charge those prices when the figures are not yet "worth" that much; which I understand is totally subjective. Isn't that just adding fuel to the fire? Not that these perceived values mean anything to me either, AND not to nitpick!;)

Dryanta
05-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Help,
I was registered before and tried logging in last night.It wouldn't recognize my password.So I had read in here to have the password emailed to me.It did and it was the same.So I tried again and it still wouldn't go.I tried to re-register and it wouldn't let me because the email and username were all ready registered.Any help?

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 03:09 AM
It seems that you'd have to establish a completely new e-mail address to be able to access the CC, Dryanta. Lame. :mad:

Why not just wipe everyone clean and start everything fresh like you guys did with the new forums? That makes much more sense than this frustrating nonsense. It took me 15 minutes to login today because I couldn't remember my username and password, I couldn't have it emailed to me because the email address I used for that username is no longer active! Eventually after enough guessing and going through every password and username I have ever used on the internet I got lucky with one combination. Although, again, the email address is inactive and I can't change it to my current one since it is already in use with a username and password I don't remember! This system sucks right now! It needs some serious work.:frus:

Sure, it's nice to have all the figures listed and to be able to track variations; but the login system is crap and the prices are all jacked up anyway. So what's the point?

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 03:23 AM
Okay, enough ranting, time for some more constructive criticism:

Now that I can login, I've noticed some problems with the Have List feature. For one, you can't note a figure as loose, it automatically lists every figure as MOC.

Also, the variation tracking system is a little screwed up, I checked the box saying that I had a MOC Boba Fett with background card and my Have List keeps telling me that I have the "blue visor" error variant. I checked it twice and the correct box is marked but the system keeps registering it as the wrong variation.

That's all I can remember for now, if I come across any others I'll be sure to point them out.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 04:11 AM
BB, I think we thought we did wipe it clean.

Thanks for the constructive criticism gang, keep it up, it helps! :cool:

My young Padawan
05-06-2002, 06:24 PM
I still can't find Pit Droids (2-Pack) and Queen Amidala (Battle) with Ascension Gun in Episode I Basic Figures Picture Archive. Any idea where it went?

Bobby Fett
05-06-2002, 10:20 PM
Any idea what a Sneak Preview Jango Fett with unpainted shigawire projectile and accuating buttons on the left guantlet is worth?

Also, on POTF2, exactly how short is a super short lightsaber? They seem to come in a variety of lengths.

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 08:27 PM
I just got one question...

If I have my collection on your site, can I keep it there for my records or is it just for buying and selling with other members... ???

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 01:56 AM
We've always had it so you can keep it there for your records. I know I do, and I know a lot of others do as well, so unless something's changed that I don't know about, this should stay the same.

Jargo
05-11-2002, 11:31 AM
I preferred the simple picture archive. Can't be bothered with all this collection tracking gubbins. Just want access to the pictures. Seems a bit crappy to just lock people out. You telling me I have to re-register to use this collectors cantina? Forget it buddy, I'll go use someone elses archive I can get into easily instead. Too much messing about in the cantina for me. Pointless exercises in time wasting.

JediTricks
05-13-2002, 01:58 AM
YOU DON'T HAVE TO REGISTER TO VIEW THE PICS!!!

(like I haven't said this enough already ;))

Jargo
05-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Easy tiger! I was just saying I was having difficulties and as it doesn't recognise my new username or password as valid I had to go hunt out the old username and password before I could get in. It's just too much time wasted when you have a slow modem. Fine for those with DSL but crap for a 56k or 28k. I've never used the price guide because I was using the picture archive which was so much faster to get through. Even though there were still too many pages. But I could live with it's simplicity. This new collectors cantina is like a flipping labrynth. Each page I load costs money. The fewer pages I need to load the less time I'm online and the less money it costs me. Does that make it easier to understand where my beef is? The layout of the pages is all over the place. Just too messy and time wasting. I'm going elsewhere for the pictures thanks.

JediTricks
05-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Ok Mister Ego, as if you must be the one I was responding to. ;) (read as: "your comments weren't clear to me Jargo, I thought you were referring to another issue")

As for the page-speed issue, it's a valid one. I've been nagging SirSteve about that for quite a while.

Jargo
05-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Sorry. My ego and I are grateful for your response and no, we shan't be going elsewhere but we're glad that the speed of load issue is being addressed - sort of. We shan't trouble you any further. Good day to you sir. :p

dr_evazan22
05-13-2002, 09:27 PM
JediTricks- thanks for your help getting in to the Cantina. I just have one or two questions:

1. Do I have to register to view pics?:p

Alright, so it was only 1 question... I do have a suggestion though... In the future can there be spaces for a loose AND carded, in the "have" column, and maybe another option for quantity of fig's (in both loose and carded).

OK, here's #2: Why are some fig's listed under POTJ when they haven't even been produced and/or released under Saga?

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 01:56 AM
Glad to see my nagging hasn't been without its supporters. ;)

Evizan, IIRC, there are certain items that were scheduled for release or showed up in sources we found to be very solid and were then cancelled. I *think* these items are in a different color table cell in the Cantina, but I'm not sure. Sometimes we keep 'em because cancelled items CAN leak out, sometimes to show that Hasbro had considered an item people were interested in, and sometimes because the system hasn't deleted the item when we told it to.

Uriarte69
05-19-2002, 08:05 AM
I can't seem to find the price guide values. I'm sure it's right in front of my face. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Lord Malakite
05-20-2002, 06:46 AM
They were removed because the figures are worth only what you paid for them.

Jaina Solo
05-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Wow. Looks great, guys. I did find one thing last night, I'll check and see exactly where it is. There's a Han Solo fig (POTJ I think, but I'll double-check that) that has a STAP picture on it. Either Han's changed a lot, or... ;)

Robertoc
05-27-2002, 03:47 AM
I still dont know how to determine which ones are original releases? Any help anyone?

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Robertoc
I still dont know how to determine which ones are original releases? Any help anyone?

I assume you are referring to variations. Well, if "Original Release" is the only thing listed in the variation section, then there are no variations. At least none known of at that time.

starwars92590
06-22-2002, 10:55 PM
I need to register for the price guide but everytime I try to register it says level 1 required or something like that even though I filled out everything that's IS required.

padleia
06-26-2002, 07:30 PM
:cool: :) :cool:
i really like the Boba Fett as a kid figure. the detail is really good and the concept is excellent. I also think that the Taun We figure just has an interesting look to it and is different from the rest of the characters.

padleia --:sur:

OneArmedJango
06-27-2002, 06:55 AM
I just cant waite for the Ki-Adi figer to come out! It's going to be really cool.

nixxer
06-29-2002, 07:30 PM
What does the RR stand for in the Variations??

rynobot
06-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Why are there retail prices for figures that are no longer for sale in stores, there should just be prices for what they sell for now so people have an idea of what to pay if they want to buy it from someone.

padleia
06-29-2002, 11:42 PM
rynobot-

i sent you a pm.

padleia

nixxer
06-30-2002, 01:57 PM

SirSteve
06-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Why are there retail prices for figures that are no longer for sale in stores, there should just be prices for what they sell for now so people have an idea of what to pay if they want to buy it from someone.

Retail prices are there to know what the figure was initially sold for.

SirSteve
06-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by nixxer

Rarity Rating (how rare it is)

SirSteve
06-30-2002, 06:07 PM
A few people have asked how to add quantities. Well, that feature is there but it is hidden (we are going to make it easier to find shortly). For now, click on your "My Account" link below the site navigation header. From there, click on "My Haves" (or Wants). Now, click on the List ID of the item. There ya go!

nixxer
07-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Rarity Rating... what is more rare 1 or 5?

Bent Wookie
07-06-2002, 09:11 PM
I've been wondering the same thing...

Hey, the database still won't take my user name or password. I tried all the stuff you've mentioned before. Anyone else? :confused:

Darth forb1us
07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
L336421 Commander Jorg Sacul™ (Rebel Pilot) Grey Beard/White Copyright R under SW Logo M29554 10.00 25.00 1 MOC

WHERE do I buy this for $25.00!!!!!!!!! ?
< will buy 2 asap, and maybe more :D (although would prefer less then 25, however I will not be complaining :) )

Bent Wookie
07-10-2002, 02:49 AM
Well, since people are posting in here again, I should probably say--I figured it out. Ignore my last question. Thanks.

Please don't bend the wookie...