PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if the kids understood?

scruffziller
04-30-2002, 03:41 PM
I wonder if alot of young kids did not realize that Anakin would become a "bad guy" and if any of them threw any fits over it when they found out the truth.

master jedi
04-30-2002, 03:48 PM
I'm sure it's probably happened.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm sure there are a lot of kids who don't really know yet. It'll come as quite a shock when Ep3 roles around.

Think people aren't that dense? I've known full grown adults who still cannot make the Sidious/Palpatine or Padme/Queen Amidala connection in Ep1.

derek
05-01-2002, 09:13 AM
of course i know anakin will become vader, but i'm having a hard time seeing the episode 1 or 2 anakn as someone who will become a mass mur-diddely-erder. i guess it's because we have been groomed to believe that the bad guys are always bad, and for them to make the journey from little kid to super evil guy is not something usually seen on film.

we have to believe that they were always a monster, killing small animals and then moving up to people and planets. kinda makes you wonder if hitler ever said "yippee":confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2002, 01:44 PM
You mean all those shots of Hayden with his furrowed brow don't tell you he'll be a bad guy? :Pirate: I realized that he's kind of a spoiled brat (even though he was from "the wrong side of the tracks" as a slave) who wants things his way or no way. But I did notice that the bags of Lay's chips says Amidala and Anakin become Luke & Leia's parents. Kinda a shocker to some people who didn't know already.

chewie
05-01-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm assuming many people don't know the whole Anakin=Vader deal. Though most kids who will find out, or have found out already probably think its cool that he did.

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 01:55 AM
I had Playskool Anakin next to hangar Duel Anakin next to Playskool Vader and my four year old pointed to PS Anakin and said "that's Anakin!" then she pointed to Hangar Duel Anakin and said "that's Anakin." And then I pointed to Vader and said "..and that's Anakin." And she goes "No DAD. That's Darth Vader :rolleyes: " Shows you what I know. One of us is in for a shock in 2005. ;)

Beast
05-02-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I had Playskool Anakin next to hangar Duel Anakin next to Playskool Vader and my four year old pointed to PS Anakin and said "that's Anakin!" then she pointed to Hangar Duel Anakin and said "that's Anakin." And then I pointed to Vader and said "..and that's Anakin." And she goes "No DAD. That's Darth Vader :rolleyes: " Shows you what I know. One of us is in for a shock in 2005. ;)
Awww, that's adorable EP. But you know, from a certain point of view she is right. Vader until he turns back to the light at the end of Jedi, is like a completly different person. Remeber Vader's speech to his son on the Endor landing platfrom. :)

Vader: "So you have accepted the truth."
Luke: "I have accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, My Father."
Vader: "That name no longer has any meaning, for me."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Remeber Vader's speech to his son on the Endor landing platfrom. :)
Vader: "So you have accepted the truth."
Luke: "I have accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, My Father."
Vader: "That name no longer has any meaning, for me."

Two comments. 1) Of course the name means nothing to him. Look at the action figure sculpts of Anakin versus Vader. No comparison! ;) 2) In high school, I wrote "remeber" instead of "remember" on a paper banner. I was made fun of then, but I shant do that to you, JJB. Nope.

Pendo
05-02-2002, 01:44 PM
I always remember two kids argueing about this around the time TPM came out.
"He is Darth Vader!"
"No ne isn't!"
"Yes he is!"
"No he isn't"

I can't stand little brats like that, especially the one who was disagreeing with me :crazed:!
HE IS DARTH VADER!!!!! :)

PENDO!