PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to those that keep the memories of Galoob alive!

Glitch
04-30-2002, 05:52 PM
While I am reletively new to this board, I am, by no means, new to Action Fleet and Micro Machines. It is nice to see that there is still a strong fan base for the wonderful work that was done by the people at Galoob.

I hope my contributions here add to your understanding and love of these toys!

P.S. Thanks to Jeddah for making me aware of this board!

SWAFMAN
04-30-2002, 06:29 PM
Welcome, Glitch! Very good to have you a-"board".

r2dee2
04-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Welcome Glitch! It's great to have some new blood in our great forum:)!!

vulcantouch
04-30-2002, 11:23 PM
-they sure will, if I have anything to say about it; now where'd i put my obsidian order interrogation handbook :evil: (it's where i keep all the quextions about mms i was gonna axe you when jdah finally goat-roped you here ;) )
on the subject of insiders, hey jt, ever hear back from anthony yau?
vt

SWAFMAN
04-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Glitch, you have made a tremendously valuable contribution to this forum, and I can still count your entire number of posts on one hand. I hope GSJ and/or JT will work to engage you in some kind of interview, posting it here, or somewhere even more visible on the SSG site. I doubt I am alone in my curiosity to learn more about you.

If you are ever anywhere near central Pennsylvania, there's a dinner at a fine restaurant waiting with your name on it.

vulcantouch
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
(activates quantum stasis field which will prevent glitch from using his changeling powers to thwart my obsidian interrogation techniques ;) )
first, a test question: did you know that the original meaning of the term "glitch" was mad magazine artist don martin's sound effect for someone steppin on a dog turd? ;) ok, ecr baselines set, now down to business :)
i have it on good authority that galoob had planned on a timely release of 2001/2010 mms before hasbin's meddlin derailed said plans. can you tell us what other scifi lines galoob considered adding to its admirably extensive (sw, trek, b5, sst, mib, aliens, t2, titan ae etc) mm interpretations? tron maybe? blade runner? fifth element? galactica? etc?
do you have any info on what other star trek mm ships were planned for? can you recall the organization of these into release waves (3-pack &/or 16-box groupings), and their projected release dates? did any of these make it to prototype stage and if so, where might these be?
i've often wondered what accounted for the differences in mm ship detail resolution between, on one hand, sculpts that pushed the outer limits of the scale of detail plastic could depict, such as the medical frigate, ssd and original ent-d and, on the other, relatively coarse interpretations like ent-e, jemhadar, miradorn etc, whose sculpts could've been executed with a lot more refinement than they ended up. any insights?
were any "series alpha"-type trek mms planned, be they mm scale or af/alpha scale? if so what were they?
finally (for now), do you remain in touch with any of your old galoob cohorts? if so, can you bring em here so we can pick their brains too? :D
vt (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000047)

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 03:43 AM
Welcome to our humble corner of the SW universe Glitch! I can't imagine anybody posting in here not making a positive addition to this place, so you've already got that avenue covered. :cool:

Glitch
05-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Thank you for the kind words, everybody. I feel welcome already!

VT,

Quantum stasis field...obsidian interrogation...dog turd? Hmmm...

Please excuse me if I dont follow EVERYTHING in your message, but I will try. :)

1. Micromachines themselves were something that often bypassed designers. The only time I ever did drawings of MMs was when we were working on Episode 1, and we wanted to illustrate the construction methods (particularly the Pods) for certian vehicles. Most of the time, Galco was simply given the photo refs and they took it from there. Later, they received photo reductions depicting the size they should be. The whole time I was doing the E1 drawings, one thing kept running through my head: "why?"

In other words, anything that was planned for Micro was determined by the MM project head, and was not something that EVERYONE knew about. To be honest, I have a hard time believing that what was left of Galoob would have been able to pursue another film/TV license aftr what they were paying to Lucasfilm - ouch!! They payed their price, and then payed THE price.

There were drawings made of additional AF Alien(s) vehicles including those seen in Alien 3. I recall a ship we did called the Betty. There were also plans to make T2 and Indiana Jones Action Fleet vehicles and playsets. That one was a KILLER to let go of since I am a HUGE Indy fan. Also, the T2 "future" vehicles would have been a joy to see in AF scale!

2. The way the boxed sets and carded three packs fell on the shoulders of marketing weasels. :) This is why you often had to buy two old Star Wars micros in order to get the ONE new vehicle. Better yet, why you had to buy the boxed set in order to get the "exclusive" Vader Star Destroyer. Those sick bastards...

3. Again, the Micro ships (especially those outside of Star Wars) were not my job. Sorry.

4. Hmmm...resolution. I have never heard it put that way, but it is a appropriate word. The protos are works of art, and it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to capture the detail of those bad boys. Most of the details are impossible to see with the human eye. I am NOT exagerating. These things are amazing. They must be seen to be fully appreciated.

The reason the details are lost is due to the soft plastic and the thick paint used primarily for safety reasons. The reason for 99.9% of all inaccuracies is due to one of two things: cost or safety.

5. I have only kept in touch with one of the designers and two of them non designer types. The designer I keep in touch with lets me know what is going on with the others.

As far as I know, two have found new jobs in the toy industry, a few are working on there portfolios and computer skills, and one had a stint in the video game industry. Unfortunately, there are still a few still looking for work. I think I am the only one left that still works on Star Wars. Most of them probebly don't want to look at another spaceship again! :crazed:

One thing I would like to clear up.... A HUGE portion of the design work on AF was shopped out to another firm. I'm sure that most of you have an image of everything being done in the Galoob design room with all of the models hanging from the ceiling, but the truth is almost everythng Action Fleet was designed outside that room. Let's just call the firm Met F. EVERY AF Star Wars vehicle from the very first series was done there as well as a good chunk of the AF and MM playsets, die cast, and all but two of the mini scenes.

I just thought it was time for Dave and his crew to get their well deserved, LONG overdue credit.

I hope this helps answer some questions...

jeddah
05-02-2002, 03:13 PM
A-HAAAA at last, you've come to our compact and bijoux corner of the net :D

Welcome Glitch, I hope you know what you've let yourself in for, the questions will fly at you like those spheres they;re always making on the RPF ;)

jeddah
p.s you got mail

SWAFMAN
05-02-2002, 04:54 PM
T2 AFs?!? I've often wished these had been made, in fact I said so again to a friend just about a week ago! Here's hoping that EP2 AFs sell so well that Hasblo gets hot to find other subject matter to exploit, and that the upcoming T3 and its predecessors are considered as potential fodder.
[well, I can HOPE, can't I??]

Sakay
05-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Excellent idea! I would also suggest a television series action fleet, Some suggestions for this series are; Babalon 5, Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. And to go along with T3, I think they should release a Wing Commander with the movie series. Would any one be interested?

ARTOO
05-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Glitch, hello.
Hah! I knew there was supposed to be more. God, did I use to dream of the cool sets there could be. I remember Galoob announced new Indy stuff upcoming at the 1995 Toy Fair, and yet nothing ever happened. I was dumbfounded. I wondered why nothing was coming out. I mean, it seemed so obvious the multitude of characters and playset possibilities, why weren't these guys at Galoob "getting it". So I guess the price of licensing wouldn't have been made up for in sales?

At the time I was pretty miffed, even more so when I learned there wasn't going to be anything after the one set with the lone Indy figure or so they told me. They failed to mention they made some sets for Spain and there was a couple more figures that were never known about.

So, two questions. I assume the molds for Star Wars are in China? Couldn't Hasbro rerun them? What's the lifespan for them (I ask because if the molds exist, then that Lobot that was supposed to be in the Darth Vader transforming head, but wasn't, could be made still, or was he only from a resin mold?).

And secondly, any idea what Indy sets were being kicked around? Were there sets and characters from all the movies? I bet there was a set where the ball comes rolling down to crush Indy from the first movie. There was probably a Last Crusade set with the "invisible" bridge (in that clear plastic that was all over the Johnny Quest stuff, which I would have bought BTW if they had been in mm instead of AF scale). Oh the possiblities! I bought those Applause "micro" Indy sets from Disneyland, but alas, they ain't really micro. So, they're still in the box.
ARTOO

SID
05-02-2002, 11:43 PM
I have been checking out your forums the last few months and I have decided to join and participate with this fine crew,who
are totally devoted to the continueing worldwide proliferation of one the best toylines ever conceived Micro Machines & Action fleet.

I would also like to congradulate Jedi Tricks and SSG.com for their
gallant efforts in their petition drive to "Hasblo" for the saving of this toyline.

My favorite's are the action fleet vehicles,the MM die cast vehicles and the MM transforming heads playsets.
Although I love and have collected all of the star wars MM & AF toys,I also enjoy and have collected the other science fiction items like:Aliens,Predator,Terminator etc.The MM & AF is a perfect toyline for the general science fiction fan.

Since I'm an old fan of Gerry Andersons 1970's television show "UFO",I would love to see the ships and vehicles from this show made into mm & action fleet toys like the:Skydiver submarine,Moonbase Interceptor,S.H.A.D.O. Mobile,Moon Mobile,
Luner Module with carrier and of course the UFO ship just to name a few!

Space:1999 would be cool also!

As a sidenote for those who don't know and are curious about the "UFO" T.V. series(AandE.com) will be offering DVD box sets of
this very cool science fiction series in July 2002.

Until the next dimension.:crazed:

good shot jansen
05-03-2002, 07:45 AM
as a small lad, i had all the dinky toys of not only the ufo series, but also captain scarlet, space 1999 and the thunderbirds. of course when i returned home from college.....poof, gone. :( (serenity now......serenity now......serenity now......serenity now......serenity now......serenity now......serenity now......serenity now.....................), anyway, in the immortal words of our favorite fatty space dough boy..............stay on target......stay on target........., ;)

glitch, very interesting in that the design work for af was shopped out. does this mean that jkf was not the design guru that we all believed that he was? did he have hands on intereaction with the design concept, or did he just approve the final designs brought to him?

not that it matters much anyway, cause what made galoob so great back then, was the buzz board, and how jkf would take the time to interact with us all, and put together all those great contests which resulted in quite a few people winning test shot af's for their collections. (jeddah, as i recall, you got a psychedelic tie defender that way!).

but it would be nice to know the real team of design genius's behind the af line. you mentioned dave and the crew, who exactly is dave and the crew? we'd love to know! :)

thanx so much for coming to our board glitch! lately i've been pretty bummed out about the sorry state of affairs of micro machines, and have found it tougher and tougher to come up with daily conversation about em, but i feel regenerated now that someone from inside the galoob innerworkings, is now posting to the board. it brings back a touch of the magic and glamour from the old days of the buzz board!

thanx again, and welcome, your postings here are greatly appreciated!

SID
05-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Hello GSJ,

I know how you feel about mama throwing your stuff away,it happened to me when I left home in 1980 at the tender age of 17, for a 7 year hitch in army,my stuff ended up in a landfill.

Hey if your interested in Captain Scarlet, the entire series is available in a large DVD box set at (AandE.COM) on sale this month.

Until the next dimension:crazed:

haggie
05-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
...and put together all those great contests which resulted in quite a few people winning test shot af's for their collections. (jeddah, as i recall, you got a psychedelic tie defender that way!).

Whoa! We need some photos! I was never on the Galoob board. If anyone out there has any of these test pieces, tkae some photos and put them in this message board!

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 01:24 AM
Jeddah got the test-shot TIE Defender and I got the test-shot E-wing, but I don't think either of us have taken detailed shots of these. When I get a chance to really do it justice, I will (but to be fair, I've been w/out time like that for years now, just ask other Buzz Boarders).

jeddah
05-06-2002, 05:22 AM
I don't have a digital camera, but my APS get's printed onto CD-Rom so I'll take some pics and post them in a few months. Alternatively, if you want to see it in the flesh, it is currently being shown in Cartmanland. ;)

jeddah

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 12:19 PM
looking fwd to seing the pics! I'm trying to imagine exactly what is meant by a "psychedelic" TIE defender - is it really painted in sorta swirly multi-colors??

Glitch
05-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Test shots are made to test the mlods to make sure there are no problems with the preasure injection. They are made using whatever color plastic is loaded at the time. Often, you can get some pretty funky colors.

good shot jansen
05-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I've been w/out time like that for years now, just ask other Buzz Boarders).

the lone ranger shoulda had to cover as much ground as the random ranger:rolleyes: maybe you needs to git yourself a tonto!

JediTricks
05-07-2002, 12:14 AM
GSJ, do you know what "tonto" means (besides the Lone Ranger reference)? ;)

Yeah, RR definitely has too much crazy stuff to do and not enough free time, and there's always some excuse for this and that.

As for weird colors, my E-wing is pearly off-white with lots of hot-pink pieces... "it's... quite a thing to see". :D

jeddah
05-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Please, no, I beg thee, no TOONTO here :(
My Tie D TS is all gray with a teal and luminous-like trooper. I think JT was referring to the packaging which is a patchwork of various boxes. Cool 'n' Groovy. It's in mint as I put it away the day I got it (don't really like the Tie D)

jeddah

Jangu Fett
05-07-2002, 09:50 PM
First off, Glich, I'd like to apologize for not doing this sooner. Secondly, welcome to the forum. Already you have made a name for yourself with the info you giving all of us. And finally, I like to thank you. For helping create such a great line. I do have just one question, and you seem to be the man to ask.

Will the new AF include figures?

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 04:57 AM
Jeddah, I never said yours was psychodelic, just that we had test-shots.

RJarvis
05-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Howdy all...

Jeddah - agreed...TOONTO was moderately entertaining while it lasted, but it's dead now...let it remain so

While we're discussing unusual and unique items dealt with generosity from the once mighty hand of the Galoob BBS, I was fortunate enough to come away with a couple. I've got a test shot MF in a B-wing box (no paint, but other wise the ship color seems correct...the fun part is the dayglo orange Han & Chewie).

Though they're not test shots, I've also got the glow-in-the-dark battle pack signed by JKF. Adam Pawlus had a pic of this up many moons ago...I don't know if he still does or not. The only other oddity I garnered is a pre-market Collector's Set I of ST micros (the one with the Ent-A in the top right corner) with some editor's marks on the box and front plastic. Apparently, it was a mock-up of the packaging to be sure that all the ships were properly placed and spaced.

Those were good times and although I'm now married and thus penniless, I'd still love to see an MM revival...(I'm sure my lovely would loosen her plasteel grip on the checkbook long enough for me to indulge in some delightful bits of PVC and paint)...

later all...

Ross W. Jarvis

vulcantouch
05-08-2002, 11:46 AM
don't mind me glitch, i just got the garak/odo interrog scene from ds9's "the die is cast" on the brain ;) anyhoo, how did you & jdah hook up?
fascinating that mm translation was delegated directly to galco, a testament to their no-liberties-taken accuracy that made me dig them above all other toyz :cool: if many mm ship details were "impossible to see with the human eye" that would suggest that the original sculpt was done much larger, then "shrinky-dinked" down to mm size, yes? either way, sounds like it'd be schweet to get a gander at them protos :happy:
did galco also handle mm paintscheme design, or did you guys have input on that, technical or otherwise? i know that three main techniques for paint application were used: dipping (rarely used), 3d-stencil spraying and "tampo" printing (like an inkpad but with paint instead, for those who don't know). were there any others? any "handjobs"? ;)
re the drawings yall did specifying the mm assembly process, how detailed did they get? mediums used? happen to've retained any we could see? :)
i notice sw toys in general using a lot more 3+ part molds, and lots more mold sections themselves featuring undercuts. both fly in the face of my design training that A) undercutting causes damage to parts when they're extracted from the mold and B) multi-part molds are much more expensive and troublesome than 2-part molds, thus their use is avoided whenever possible. have there been some fabrication innovations in the last decade which would account for this methodology change?
finally, how cum an mm ship's standhole was usually added After the initial molding, and not simply integrated into the initial mold?
rj: would it be possible to provide us w/a scan of that note-laden stlecs1 box? sounds interesante :)
vt

jeddah
05-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh I do beg your pardon, JT :rolleyes:;)

Hey Ross! Long time, no hear!

jeddah

RJarvis
05-09-2002, 03:03 PM
vt - I've got dig-pics of the box from all angles and some close-ups of the edit marks...(If I can find the letter JKF sent with it, I'll scan that too)...The only thing I need is a brief primer on how to include pics in messages here so they can be dl-ed by whomever wants them...

late...

Ross W. Jarvis

SWAFMAN
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
click on the "post reply" button at the bottom of each post (instead of using the "quick reply" window). You'll see an attachment option that will allow you to browse to the file location on your hard drive. there's a file size limit of about a quarter meg, so make sure you're using .jpg files, and if they're still too big, try re-saving them in a higher compression. for multiple images, try attaching a zip file. good luck.

RJarvis
05-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Swaffy - thanks...and talk about FAST!...:) I should have those up sometime tomorrow...and I'll try to keep it under the limit

Ross W. Jarvis

Baal
05-09-2002, 03:34 PM
Just checkin' in.
So, how's everyone doin'?
The Devil

Jeddah,
just let me know when you are getting ready to send me my goodies.

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Hey there Ross, long time no see! :)

Jeddah, all is forgiven? ;)

Glitch
05-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, everyone. I only wish I had the time to drop by more often.

On to the questions...

Jangu,

I don't think we will ever see the days of TWO whole AF figures included with an AF ship now that they have been shipped with only one. Unless the "Hand of Hasbro" swipes it away, you can expect to see at least one figure included with the ships. As you can see with the new Battle Pack exclusives, they are not too generous with the figures these days. These things are out of my control - I'm just a simple caveman.

VT,

Funny thing about the construction of the protos at Galco is that they never let ANYONE from Galoob in the area that they made them. It is a trade secret that they guarded well. It has been suggested that they were carving them out of ivory, and that they didn't, for obvious reasons, want that to get out. Then again, it could have just been some secret pantagraphing technique that they did not want to disclose.

Hmm... Take a look at the protos. Jeddah?

The paint was almost all Galco with some rough guidance by Galoob. We would dictate the number and type of spray ops, but Galco knew their budget limitations. Often changes were made once the proto was received. Galoob, made all of the color changes to the later releases such as the green A-wing, Alpha Series, etc

There were no handjobs at Galoob. Well...okay, maybe one or two.

As I said before, the drawings for the MM ships were few and far between - at least for me. They were boring pencil on vellum (real vellum, not the program) ortho views of the ship with some simple notes. The AF and playset drawings were works of art, and worthy of framing.

At this point, ANYTHING an be molded and cast by the millions. It's only a matter of costs and production runs. They higher the run, the more one is willing to spend on the die work.

Note-laden stlecs1 box?

Late.

good shot jansen
05-10-2002, 01:58 PM
i've got a question that i know has been on the minds of a lot of us for some time now.what's up with all the variations with a lot of the action fleet?

such as the change in size of darth vaders tie fighter from the original large version to the later small one.

the change of the canopy hinge for the a-wing and the shuttle tyderium, from concealed with the cockpit to being mounted exposed on the fuselage.

the paint scheme for biggs's x-wing uncluded with the series alpha set, the 1st ones had a bright red crimson paint scheme with white striping on the engines, while the later one had a orange red paint scheme with no white markings.

over the years we've all noticed and wondered why these and a whole lot of other variations (too numerous to mention here)exisit within the line.

any information you could provide about this would be greatly appreciated!
:)

Glitch
05-10-2002, 02:15 PM
The Vader TIE was an legit screw up. It was WAY out of scale, and, for various reasons, had to be changed.

The changes for the different hinges and such were solely performance, manufacturig, and safety reasons. The hinges could have been any one of these - my guess is manufacturing.

Decos were changed to reduce cost, add authenticity, and, most often, to distinguish it from other similar ships in the line - X-wings, Snowspeeders, etc... Notice they removed the white paint op?

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Howdy all...I hope this works...a couple of the pics are blurry and I'll try to get some better ones taken this weekend and up on Mon. The box is exactly as I received it...far from mint, but oh well...never look a gift horse in the mouth... :)

enjoy!

Ross W. Jarvis

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:46 PM
pic 2

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:47 PM
pic 3

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:48 PM
pic 4

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:49 PM
pic 5

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:50 PM
pic 6

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:51 PM
pic 7

RJarvis
05-10-2002, 02:52 PM
pic 8 (last one unless someone wants more)

darthcarlos
05-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Hi, Glitch

A late welcome! We appreciate all the info that you've been giving us. I myself would like to know if you have any inside info on any future releases of Micro sized vehicles. Doesn't Hasbro realize that the Micros are what started everything.

Thanks

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small"......MICROMACHINES

jeddah
05-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to say that I too love reading your posts, GLitch, they're like a peep into the mythical machine we've been hankering after for the last 5 years :)

Hmm... Take a look at the protos. Jeddah?

I've emailed you today, sorry about the delay, couldn't locate all addys.

There were no handjobs at Galoob. Well...okay, maybe one or two

:eek: <sniggger> are you saying you worked with a couple of tossers? ;)

jeddah

Glitch
05-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Thanks Jeddah!

I'll get to it this week.

P.S. I saw Episode 2 yesterday afternoon, and you guys are in for a treat!

My tiny primate brain is still trying to grasp it all....

vulcantouch
05-13-2002, 12:59 PM
well i remember Antiscalper tellin us the exact same thing on the old galooBB after he attended a week-early charity premiere of ep1, so i'll wait & see 4meesa self ;D
spekin of the old galooBB: so jkf's resurfaced (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8093) has he? i guess it's a good thing i never mentioned here that tain once described him to me as "an amiable but colorless grind", or words to that effect :eek: of course it's not like jkf woulda seen said mention Anyway, cuz while he favors xuff's ghosttown facade, apparently our VibranT ssg mm forum ain't Good enough for him :rolleyes:
all the more reason glitch has shot right to the Top of vt's fave galoob insider list :D this guy Rocks man, he answers our most nitpicky obsessive quextions And uses words like "sucks", "bastids", "damn lame" and "kneetoe"; what more could we axe? :happy: glee-yotch is the shizz-nit, mebbe wunna you mischeivious, adept image-makers (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=71554) could make him his own custom icon, one that trumpets his Galoob Insider status to all who view ssg forums :cool:
re rj's premarket stlecs1 pix, that old vulcan standby remark "fascinating" seems to best apply :cool: but i can't quite make out that first word in pic 5- what's it say? :)
vt
p.s. haven't any of you swaf-huggin Babies evah noticed the af vader's octagonal window lattice was oriented the Wrong Way?? :p

SWAFMAN
05-13-2002, 01:25 PM
re: mischeivious, adept image-makers

um, I think I already have the ultimate "Galoob Insider" avatar! ;)

But I make this promise: If Glitch posts enough times to reach custom avatar status, I'll put HIS mug inside the SWAF box, and I'll make myself a new avatar. And I've got Adobe Photoshop now, so I can make pretty much anything I can conceive of. All it takes is time.....

JediGoofy
05-15-2002, 05:48 AM
Hi Glitch,
maybe I am the last one to welcome you here, but I am very happy you joined us, MM and AF lovers! :) (and die-cast lovers too, as I think this is one of the best lines! :D )

I read with interest all your postings and I have a question for you:
In the past months we got a lot of news about E1 MM and AF products developed but not produced (MMs, AFs, series Alpha, die-casts, podracers). From the pictures we saw it looks like they passed the process of prototyping and they were painted and ready to be produced. As you told us the most expensive phase, in producing a new product, is the preparation of the molds, and it looks like the molds for these "lost toys" were already prepared (if I am correct), why did not Hasbro went on to the production phase, after all the money for design and prototyping was already spent? They could have at least the costs covered! All the vehicles I am talking about are innovative and it is easy to imagine a lot of people would have loved them (e.g. the Star Destroyer or the Neimoidian Shuttle), and you have the proof of what I am saying considering what happened with the last E1 collections XI, XII, and XIII! So, why did Hasbro choose to cancel them even if they were ready to make money?

This is really something I cannot understand (or maybe am I missing something? :confused: ). Your opinion is really appreciated! Thank you in advance! :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

RJarvis
05-17-2002, 10:39 AM
VT - sorry 'bout the fuzzy picture...the phrase in pic 5 is "under spray - ok"

Ross

Cap
05-19-2002, 02:25 AM
Hello all, newborn you might say.

I must say, I wished I had known that there were so many appreciators of MicroMachines at a place such as this. Would have taken the edge off all the angst at having that Hasbro/Galoob issue to deal with.

One of the greatest joys was hitting the toy stores, finding that great MM or AF squirreled away behind a bunch of MatchBox or action figures.

This place is great.

SWAFMAN
05-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Warm welcome, Cap. Be at ease. You're "home" now.

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Welcome aboard Cap! Feel free to jump right in AND to check out what's gone on over the past year. (remember that unless you told it otherwise, you have to change your view date)

Have fun!!!

good shot jansen
05-21-2002, 06:52 AM
we've been hoarded up here in the mm diaspora for some time now.

glad you found us! spread the word!!!! :)

Baal
05-21-2002, 04:48 PM
The "fickle, finger of fate" guides them all home!

Howdy.

Baal