PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see The Simpsons with Stan Lee?

Brave Sir Robin
04-30-2002, 09:03 PM
My cartoon art teacher taped it and we watched it in class today (sadly no tv at boarding school) and it's so funny. Anyone else see it.

dirtybones
05-01-2002, 09:01 AM
I like the way he wouldn't leave the comic shop and kept restacking the comics in their bins, and his trying to become the Hulk. " but I did it once before" Great episode.

Brave Sir Robin
05-01-2002, 11:06 AM
"I think his brain may no longer be in mint condition."
I love the Comic Book Guy!

Starfig873
05-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I thought it was a cute episode. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Isn't Mr. Lee working for DC Comics now? That made his "Marvel Support" even more funny to me! Marvel rocks!

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 01:14 AM
I saw it, I wished I hadn't seen it though. I didn't enjoy it much at all, lots of potential fell flat there, and Stan Lee's lines were dreck.

Wolfwood319
05-02-2002, 02:40 AM
Stan Lee's lines are always dreck. Who goes around saying "Excelsior" anyway?

I thought it was prett damn funny. I love the way he can poke fun at himself. Although, nothing will ever top his performance in Mallrats.

I liked when he stuffed the Thing toy into the Batmobile. And then he put an X-Men comic over a Batman comic.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Excelsior, according to a Stan Lee's Soapbox column, are those packing peanuts used to ship boxes, I think. Who doesn't use those nowadays? :p Stan Lee is the same as Steve Allen; people just don't realize the impact he's had on a particular area. I mean, Steve invented the Pog! :D

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Excelsior is not packing peanuts, it's straw-like wood shavings that's been used for packing needs and stuffing furniture for over 100 years. It was a trademarked name, meant to refer to be lofty, to "excel", and it was used to express such feelings of lofty excitement.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2002, 10:40 AM
I stand corrected. Apparently, I was NOWHERE NEAR the true definition of "excelsior." I curtsey to your superior knowledge in my sarcastic way, JT. ;) :D
I guess I'd never heard Stan Lee speak before, but it's just the way I thought he would talk.

"With great power comes great electric bills."

JediTricks
05-03-2002, 11:19 PM
LOL! BOW BEFORE MY VAST KNOWLEDGE!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D