PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man (Soundtrack)

Anakin Skywalker243
04-30-2002, 09:53 PM
I just got the Spider-Man soundtrack today I got it at Circuit City where you the 3D cover it looked like their last one I didn't see any more but I'm sure they had some more, but over all it's a pretty good soundtrack I mean it's worth it since you get 19 tracks for like $11.99 plus tax not too bad. Also did anyone else happen to buy it?

2-1B
05-01-2002, 12:23 AM
I was browsing today and admired the 3D cover. I'll buy it eventually for my Aerosmith collection, I'm not sure how much I'll like the rest of the album. :)

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 01:40 AM
Is it a musical score or just a collection of songs from rock bands?

If it is simply a collection then who is on it?

2-1B
05-01-2002, 01:49 AM
B, it's a combo of songs and score, I noticed a few tracks credited to Danny Elfman.

Here we go,

Music from and inspired by Spider-Man
1. Theme From Spider Man
2. Hero - Chad Kroeger (feat. Josey Scott)
3. What We're All About - Sum 41
4. Learn To Crawl - Black Lab
5. Somebody Else - Bleu
6. Bug Bites - Alien Ant Farm
7. Blind - Default
8. Bother - Corey Taylor
9. Shelter - Greenwheel
10. When It Started - The Strokes
11. Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
12. Invisible Man - Theory Of A Dead Man
13. Undercover - Pete Yorn
14. My Nutmeg Phantasy - Macy Gray (feat. Angie Stone and Mos Def)(Tom Morello Mix)
15. I - IV - V - Injected
16. She Was My Girl - Jerry Cantrell
17. Main Titles - Danny Elfman
18. Farewell - Danny Elfman
19. Theme from Spiderman - Aerosmith

Okay, it looks like my impression was wrong in that Elfman only has 2 credits.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 02:11 AM
Cool thanks Caesar! I don't recognize most of those bands; but from the trailer I would assume that they are alternative rock bands.

Aerosmith doing the Spider-Man theme. Who'da thunk it?

Brave Sir Robin
05-01-2002, 11:02 AM
As a Danny Elfman fanatic, it's definatley on my list.

pthfnder89
05-01-2002, 02:45 PM
I think I'll definitely buy it. I really like the Spiderman theme.

Plus the Chad Kroeger song Hero is AWESOME. I love Nickleback.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Danny Elfman is listed with "Music By" credit in the trailer credits, which may explain the similarity between Spidey and Batman '89's scores (to be fair to Elfman, I haven't heard much of Spidey's yet).

How is the Aerosmith track, is it cool or weak?

2-1B
05-05-2002, 09:23 PM
I'm proud to say the Aerosmith track is cool! I listened to it once last night and decided I will buy it soon. :D
Hard to explain, but I'll try. Instead of doing it in a "pop"py way like the old theme song, it's been slowed a bit, which I like. Great guitars (of course ;) ) and Steven Tyler does a good job handling the singing.

JediTricks
05-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Thanks Caesar, now I *have* to hear it.

2-1B
05-06-2002, 01:56 AM
One song I don't ever *have* to hear again is Chad Kroeger's "Hero". Nothing against him or his band (they don't affect me either way), I just don't care for the song.

I held off on watching HBO's Spidey First Look until tonight, it was a neat promo but I'm glad I waited until I saw the movie - some nice insights from Raimi and the cast. :) But at the end they showed the Hero video.

JediDan
05-06-2002, 06:01 PM
That cool song that played during the Spider Man commercial and the theatre previews, is that by Danny Elfman and is it on the CD?