PDA

View Full Version : So what's the Best new Improvement.

Darth_Maul25SW
05-01-2002, 02:11 AM
It seems that hasbro has made a great number of features in their figures. What's your favorite? Mine is the functional gun holsters.

2-1B
05-01-2002, 02:18 AM
Metal lightsaber hilts. I don't need magnets, I just like the metal. :)

Wolfwood319
05-01-2002, 02:23 AM
Metal Lightsaber hilts are very cool. I also think some of the blast effects are really cool too, like on preview Jango.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 02:34 AM
I also like the metal hilts; but I think Hasbro would do better to put the magnets on their belts so they can put them away when they ain't doin' all that killin'.:)

JEDIpartner
05-01-2002, 09:51 AM
The metal hilts are the best thing. I can take or leave the magnets they were designed for, but the hilts have a nice bit of realism to them.

The poses are the worst thing. I don't like the Force or blast effects, but I've just chucked them anyhow.

pthfnder89
05-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I also like the metal hilts; but I think Hasbro would do better to put the magnets on their belts so they can put them away when they ain't doin' all that killin'.:)

You're awesome BB! :) I've been thinking that exact same thing for the last couple weeks. They could fit a pretty big magnet inside the torso part, so the sabers would stay on well.

Metal sabers are my favorite also, but like JEDIpartnr, I can take or leave the magnets in the hands. I don't use them much, but then again they really don't bother me either. :)

How long do you thnk it will be before someone starts complaining that Hasbro is painting on some of the detail instead of die cutting every groove and button? One thing I've learned; Star WArs collectors don't stay satisfied for long... :rolleyes:

OriginalBryGuy
05-01-2002, 01:15 PM
The best feature of the new figures....THE NUMBERING SYSTEM! Admit it. It's a hell of a lot easier to know which one's your missing, and for non-collectors to find.

"Which one are you looking for again?"

"Teemto!"

"Huh?"

"#46!!!"

"Ok, here ya go." haha

JEDIpartner
05-01-2002, 01:53 PM
Okay... that's cool, too. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
05-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Best feature hands down: working holsters. Finally, a place to put those guns when they're not being used! It's what makes Cantina Han such a great figure.

Worst feature: force and blast effects. Just plain dopey and useless. I'm glad you can at least remove them and throw them away.

BanthaPoodoo
05-01-2002, 02:56 PM
Yep, love the numbering system. That way when I look at em in a row I can say AHA, missing so & so (& I can tell friends and family to just look for #so & so instead of Djas Puhr (wtf, Djas whozits???) :) )

Love metal hilts too.........

NRPeace
05-01-2002, 08:17 PM
I could do without the hyper-action poses, the blast effects, the action features, or the magnets, but I do like the real scan sculpts, and the fact we're getting more accesories and props instead of the force files and those commtech things. I also like that the price has come down.

Darth Trymybestus
05-01-2002, 08:21 PM
it's gotta be the real scan technology! Have you seen the chancellor palpatine figure? IT IS Ian McDiarmid and the face sculpt of Deluxe Dooku IS Christopher Lee!!!!