PDA

View Full Version : Luke Jedi Knight scans

r2dee2
09-07-2001, 05:44 PM
I've added a page of scans of the POTF2 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight figure. This includes the brown and black vested Luke, the raised and indented lightsaber handle and the Special Edition Theater Luke. If you see any errors, please feel free to LMK. Also if you have a black vested Luke with the indented lightsaber handle I'd love a scan:D !
Jedi Luke Scans (http://fan.starwars.com/VariationForce/jediluke.html)

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 11:28 PM
Cool.

Weren't there two versions of the POTF2 Tatooine Skiff? I seem to remember hearing that they came in green and brown, the Luke was supposed to be different also. In what way I don't remember.

r2dee2
09-09-2001, 11:44 PM
Yes, there were two versions of the Skiff, as you say one had a green cast. The Luke that came with the Skiff did have a variation, the bottom of his tunic was backwards. I don't have this one, but a collecting buddy had one and it's rather subtle. A rather unique error IMHO.

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 12:07 AM
Subtle enough to rate a $150 price increase from Brian's Toys, I see.:rolleyes: :D

r2dee2
09-10-2001, 12:16 AM
$150?! WOW! Didn't know that!

Thrawn does have a pic in the photo archive, it shows better than I can describe:)

GNT
09-10-2001, 02:54 AM
Luke from the skiff 2 pack also came with a blast mark on his hand while some others didn't!

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 02:54 PM
Have you seen the sections of Brian's Toys where they are selling figures with missing lightsabers, upside-down lightsabers and even broken lightsabers as variants? Ridiculous.

The most bogus "variant" I've seen is a orange-card TIE Fighter Pilot with a hologram sticker. Geez, give me a holo-sticker green-card TIE Pilot, an orange-card TIE Pilot and ten minutes and I can make one of these. They're even selling it for $195!! Brian's Toys is a good store, especially when it comes to vintage stuff, but they put way too much stock in variants.

GNT
09-11-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Have you seen the sections of Brian's Toys where they are selling figures with missing lightsabers, upside-down lightsabers and even broken lightsabers as variants? Ridiculous.

The most bogus "variant" I've seen is a orange-card TIE Fighter Pilot with a hologram sticker. Geez, give me a holo-sticker green-card TIE Pilot, an orange-card TIE Pilot and ten minutes and I can make one of these. They're even selling it for $195!! Brian's Toys is a good store, especially when it comes to vintage stuff, but they put way too much stock in variants.

Dont start with Brian's Toys, cough *Scalper* cough.Nice pictures r2dee2

Lobito
09-18-2001, 08:47 PM
Nice scans R2dee2!! I have the normal Jedi Knight Luke, and im trying to find the Promo Theater edition. I didnt know there was a variation in the Luke skiff. Gonna check if the one i own has his hand damaged.:D

Obi-Don
09-21-2001, 11:07 AM
Brian's toys is a good place to find almost anything you could want,If you have more money than sence.

bigbarada
09-21-2001, 01:50 PM
Brian's Toys is also useful if you otherwise cannot get ahold of SW toys. For those of us in the military, little things like deployments make it very difficult to go shopping for the latest SWAF. Especially when you are gone for anywhere from 6 months to a year. While in Korea, BT was my only source for getting new POTJ stuff. I really didn't mind, under those circumstances, paying $20-25 per figure; and recieving two packages per week of new toys is a great morale booster.

TheBigSloppy
09-22-2001, 01:05 AM
Nice comparisons of the different Jedi Lukes. The only Jedi Luke that you do not have is the Shorter Saber Luke from the ROTJ Sam's Club 3-pack (.02 green card w/holo). This, in my opinion, is the rarest of Jedi Lukes. The second rarest JL is .00 Black Vest/ saber w/ indented rings.

r2dee2
09-23-2001, 11:37 AM
TheBigSloppy, I'm still waiting for a scan of a Jedi Luke with the black vest and indented rings and will add that when I get it....and you're right, I think it's one of the rarer ones out there.

I'd forgotten about the Sam's club packs, thanks for the reminder :eek: I didn't realize that there was a version with a shorter lightsaber. Is it a super short saber?: You wouldn't have a nice scan of it, would you?:)

Glad you guys like the scans...Thanks!:D