PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this about Jango Fett (Kamino escape) ?

Battle Droid
05-01-2002, 03:03 PM
He has articulation in his neck that moves his head up and down? Though it's pretty useless since it doesn't move it down or up much.

pthfnder89
05-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Really? I hadn't noticed it.

I'll have to try that when i get home:)

Battle Droid
05-01-2002, 03:14 PM
I couldn't really tell until i turned his head around backwards and pulled it down. It moves alot that way, but his shirt colar gets in the way when he's facing foward.

187-Maul
05-01-2002, 04:42 PM
yeah I noticed that too yesterday but I thought the head was loose or something - now I know better:)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Mine doesn't do that. He just turns (barely).

:)

Dak Powers
05-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Spray some WD-40 in there, bounty hunters need oil baths occasionally too.

Jpalisi
05-02-2002, 12:43 AM
i havent tried that yet and doubt i will im a varitable "lenny" w/ figures, everytime i try to move the heads it results in snappin the neck.:eek:

humsup
05-02-2002, 12:52 AM
Great! a welcome piece of news. Have to check out mine tonite when I'm back home :) Thanks for the info dude.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Are you sure it's not just a loose peg with a lot of give? Mine seems to not tilt at all.

dirtybones
05-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Jpalisi
i havent tried that yet and doubt i will im a varitable "lenny" w/ figures, everytime i try to move the heads it results in snappin the neck.:eek:
the same thing happened to me with the new sandtrooper. Try to pose him just a little and SNAP!! the head goes off and the cat bats it around for an hour. I like my Jango's head right where it is.:evil:

JEDIpartner
05-02-2002, 09:57 AM
I didn't notice this on mine either... Mine swivels as usual, but there is no forward/backward motion to mine.

Jargo
05-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Is this - a shoddy goods report........? Could Hasbro be responsible for knowingly turning out defective items for intended retail? Could that be a prosecutable offence? I rather think so. I think a lawsuit is in order. "Hasbro choked my cat - the people versus Hasbro. Judge John Buttersweet-Harrison Deed presiding" :)

Mine just turns round and around with no forward/back motion whatsoever. Yours is messed up dude! :p

Jpalisi
05-02-2002, 10:30 AM
well i dont believe hasbro is knowingly or purpously putting out shoddy merch, the snapping necks, tight joints, and busted arms are most likley to do with tolerance. in normal prduction of any sort, there is a plus or minus .005 tolerance that is acceptable in production. this is usually a standard because it would cost a ton of cash to recallibrate the machines everytime it goes a lil off. plus plastic isnt the most reliable substance in mass production/molding, something is allways gonnna be a little off.

yeah it sucks if you end up w/ one of these, and unfortunatly little kids and cats cant read warning stickers, but thats why theyre there

pthfnder89
05-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Are you sure it's not just a loose peg with a lot of give? Mine seems to not tilt at all.

No. Battle Droid is right. It's an actual joint. I tried this on my Kamino Jango yesterday and it worked just like he said. Mine was very tight too, but if you swivel his head so he's facing backwards, then try pushing in the the base of his neck and pulling back on his forehead at the same time. His head can tilt WAAAAY back and you can actually see the joint.

BD is right though, it's not that useful when his head is facing the right way because his collar blocks it. That's probably why hardly anyone will ever notice it. But the AWESOME thing is (and this is probably why Hasbro put the joint there in the first place) is that you can tilt his head UP so that he looks like he's actually flying with his jetpack.

Thanks for the info Battle Droid; you just made my Jango a heck of a lot cooler! :D

Battle Droid
05-02-2002, 03:07 PM
You're welcome. :D

RooJay
05-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Here's something else I've noticed about my Jango: The color of his jumpsuit on his torso is a different color than the jumpsuit on his arms and legs. On his torso the jumpsuit is gray, while the color is blue on his arms and legs! I'm not talking about his armor...I mean the jumpsuit he wears under it. Is this an error, or just a variation? Are they all like this? If not then I feel like I got screwed with a miscolored figure.:confused:

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Yup, I reject my previous statement, after REALLY pushing hard on this figure's backwards head, I saw that this is indeed an intended joint. A very cool little addition, though it seems to have very limited real use (there's not enough room for much tilt on mine).

187-Maul
05-03-2002, 08:30 AM
roojaybI just checked mine and he has it too
luckily you can't really see it when he stands because of his arms

Darth Ovori
05-03-2002, 08:51 AM
Did any of you notice how Hasbro did'nt paint his gloves, his cable connections on the arms and the silver at the boot's sole...

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 03:40 PM
I added a longer string to the grappling hook on mine, (it's about 3 or 4 times longer) and found out where to put the string, wrap it around the Jet-Pack peg, it looks great.

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Oh... jet-pack schmet-pack... I did that on day one! ;) I suppose I'll have to go tug on his head for a little while and... HEY! :eek: Not what you're thinking! Anyhow... I'll see if I can get my Jango's head to move that way.