PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies



BanthaPoodoo
05-01-2002, 03:35 PM
Just giving everyone a head up that in the new issue (June 2002) of Computer Gaming World (which I am reading right now) they have a 12 page preview (beginning on page 64) with a pullout poster & other cool things relating to the game.

The cover has Chewbacca, a Twi'Lek & some other guy (he's a jedi cause of a light saber on the belt, maybe Dash Rendar???).......

Anyway, jus thought I'd let you guys know!

derek
05-01-2002, 04:42 PM
they are all probably generic characters. did they have a release date for this bugger?:D

Beast
05-01-2002, 04:46 PM
I can't wait for this game, then I can finally retire from Asheron's Call after 3 years of playing. Derek, as for a release date, the last one I heard was November, alongside the Episode II DVD release. I hope they add Gungans as a playable race in a future expansions. Until then, I guess I will play Trandoshans. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BanthaPoodoo
05-01-2002, 10:38 PM
It says Q4 2002, so barring any setbacks between October & December.....

Darth Ovori
05-02-2002, 01:30 PM
I've got some question concerning this game...

Do you have to play it on-line or can you play it on your own... ???

Is this a proper role playing-game, where the character has to be feed, develope his skills and choose what missions he wants... Or just go around admiring the views... ???

I believe theres an add-on which allows the character to pilot crafts... Must he obtained money to purchase them or join the military... ???

Thanx in advance...

Beast
05-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
I've got some question concerning this game...

Do you have to play it on-line or can you play it on your own... ???

Is this a proper role playing-game, where the character has to be feed, develope his skills and choose what missions he wants... Or just go around admiring the views... ???

I believe theres an add-on which allows the character to pilot crafts... Must he obtained money to purchase them or join the military... ???

Thanx in advance...
It's a MMORPG, Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. So yes, you have to play it online like UO, Everquest, or Asheron's Call. There will be no offline version of the game.

Yes, it's one of those type. Though not all of them force you to have to eat. In Asheron's it's taken into account that your charecter eats when he's not fighting, adventuring, etc. Though there are healing and restorative magic foods you can use. Not sure if it will be the same for Star Wars, or not.

They are already working on a "Space" expansion, that will allow you to purchase your own ships, and have space combat. Until then all space travel will be thru the use of hired passage on shuttles, etc. You would have to have the money to purchase a ship, unsure if you get assigned a ship, if your a pilot working for the Empire or Rebellion. Of course you may also be able to go to someone like Jabba for a loan. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-02-2002, 02:45 PM
Personally, I am really looking forward to this. I hope it doesn't suck. Unfortunately I am let down by man many SW games.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 09:38 PM
Beta Testing begins on July 15th, you can apply to be a tester yourself! http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/05/news20020504.html

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Beta Testing begins on July 15th, you can apply to be a tester yourself! http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/05/news20020504.html

Already signed up. I can't wait for this game. I've been dying to try Everquest or one of the other MMORPGs for a long time, but I held off when Galaxies was announced (geez, that was almost two years ago):crazed:

RooJay
05-15-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm kind of torn on this game. Part of me can't wait for it, the other part of me is very afraid of how many days I will waste away playing it! I do have to admit though, that not being a huge fan of RPG's I honestly don't fully understand what this game will end up being. What little I do understand of it sounds very cool though!

pthfnder89
05-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
I'm kind of torn on this game. Part of me can't wait for it, the other part of me is very afraid of how many days I will waste away playing it! I do have to admit though, that not being a huge fan of RPG's I honestly don't fully understand what this game will end up being. What little I do understand of it sounds very cool though!

The good news is I don't think you'll have to worry too much about being new to RPGs Roojay. I know exactly how you feel because I've never been into them either; never played Dungeons $ Dragons or anything like that, so I'm totally ignorant of most of it. Lol, my freind had to teach me how to play Final Fantasy 10.

But I think there will be a lot of players with Galaxies who are like that, who want to play it not because it's an RPG, but because it's Star Wars. Plus, Everquest (which was made by the same people) is supposed to be pretty good about helping new people get started, so hopefully it won't take too long to get into some lightsaber slashing action! :D

Rogue II
05-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89


there will be a lot of players with Galaxies who are like that, who want to play it not because it's an RPG, but because it's Star Wars.

That's me. I've played Diablo 2 and Half-life online. Is Galaxies going to be like either of those two?

browndroid
05-16-2002, 11:12 AM
ive been waiting for this game to be finished for over a year, i think it will be done like this summer or something. you'll be able to do all sorts of stuff, im gonna be a bounty hunter

QLD
05-16-2002, 01:12 PM
I signed up for beta testing, hopefully I will be chosen. I have always been a huge RPG fan. It is my favorite type of game. Especially the Final Fantasy Series. It rocks!

I don't usually like the MMORPG, but I did play Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast, and immensely enjoyed it. I can't wait.