PDA

View Full Version : What OT vehicles will be in EPIII?

Grif
05-01-2002, 05:05 PM
I was wondering what OT vehicles you would like to see in EPIII. Mine are:
Star Destroyers
Tie Fighters
X-Wings
Y-Wings

I have heard rumors on some sites that the Millenium Falcon will be in it. I would not be to thrilled to see it. I mean I like it but we saw enough of it in the OT.

Battle Droid
05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
I like the Prequel vehicles better. :D

Beast
05-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Prototype TIE Fighters may show up, since one of the recent HoloNet news issues had a story about Sienar's new Twin Ion Engine design. Y-Wings are possible, as they are old ships. They most likely will appear with their armor plating attached, unlike the ones that appeared in the OT.

X-Wings are not that old of a ship, and neither are Star Destroyers. We do see the precursors to the Star Destroyer in AOTC's, so it's possible Lucas may have the precursors to X-Wings pop up as well in EIII. According to StarWars.com, the X-wing prototype ships were given to the Rebellion by defecting Incom Employees that were sympathetic to the rebellion. So sometime in the timeframe between EIII and EIV.

Transports similar to the Millenium Falcon are seen in AOTC's. The Falcon herself may make an apperance as the ship that Padme escapes from Corsurant on at the end of EIII. Of course that is speculation, but would be a good way of showing her in the prequels. I'm just glad the original rumors of the Falcon belonging to Boba Fett arn't panning out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Definitely Star Destroyers (but maybe a slightly different "Victory" class design)

TIE fighter prototypes.

brand spankin' new Y-Wings :D It would be interesting to see squadrons of these in the battle at the beginning and someone remarks at the funny new Clone star fighters. Then it pans over and you see hundreds of TIEs dropping out of the SD into battle.

Z-95 Headhunters (An X-Wingish type ship thats in all the EU is sort of a precursor to the X-Wing) Anakin's ship of choice, so we can see "the best Star pilot in the galaxy"

And as Jar Jar said, the Falcon is the ship that takes Padme from Coruscant to Alderaan.

Beast
05-02-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Z-95 Headhunters (An X-Wingish type ship thats in all the EU is sort of a precursor to the X-Wing) Anakin's ship of choice, so we can see "the best Star pilot in the galaxy"

And as Jar Jar said, the Falcon is the ship that takes Padme from Coruscant to Alderaan.
Yeah, I didn't want to mention the Z-95 name, since Lucas seems to like smiting the EU stuff as much as possible. Though the designs of the ship according to the official website are based off of an old unused Joe Johnston production sketch of an X-wing fighter. And we know Lucas never throws ideas or designs out, so we may just see the Z-95 on screen, as well as those original design sketches for Alderaan also. Alderaan needs to be seen in EIII, so in EIV we know what kind of a planet it is.

I'm glad that I've seen quite a few people that believe the Falcon will be the ship that Padme escapes from Corsurant in. I just love the idea that it might be a junky transport ship that Jar Jar or Yoda "borrows" to escape with her in. It would be a grande way of showcasing the Falcon in EIII, without playing up the fact that it's the Falcon. I'd love to see Jar Jar flying it thru the atmosphere and striking the radar dish on an incoming warship. And have Obi-Wan yell at Jar Jar to watch it, and say "You're lucky you didn't snap the radar dish off". :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 02:42 AM
Perhaps they could modify the Jedi Starfighter into something halfway between the Delta-7 and an Incom T-65? Sort of a Delta-7 type craft with X-Wings (or Z-95 wings actually...Wings that don't open, but stick out like the S-foils of a T-65).

Good call on the Rectenna dish, but Obi Wan won't be with them.

scruffziller
05-02-2002, 08:14 PM
From the look of the wear and tear of the rebellion used vehicles, they have been around a while and were possibly used by the republic and/or Palpitine's army at first and then stolen by the rebellion. If my theory is incorrect then probably will see the Headhunter.

scruffziller
05-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Plus I think Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator looks alot like the tie bomber design.

chris
05-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Using the falcon as Padmes transport is a great idea. Id like to see the Z-95, star destroyer, and an early version of the tie fighter also.

DarthBrandon
05-09-2002, 03:26 AM
I'd like to see:

Early Shuttles, x wings, bombers, and some really cool new
ships with no Falcon, leave that in the original trilogy.

Darth-AWT
05-12-2002, 01:46 PM
I was just noticing, if you compact the new Jedi Starfighter, it looks alot like an A-Wing..

starwars92590
05-12-2002, 07:27 PM
i DON'T like the idea of Padme escaping on the Falcon. The Falcon is a OT ship. I would prefer if she maybe escapes on The Tantive IV.

CooLJoE
05-14-2002, 05:50 AM
Yeah, leave the falcon out unless they want to show how it ends up in Lando's hands. Otherwise its just a useless cameo.

JediIan
05-17-2002, 04:11 PM
I'm putting my money on seeing the Y-Wing, since they are the oldest beat up craft that the rebels have, i'd like to see them all shiny and glossy, with all the plates attached, so we can see them as the pride of the republic? empire? rebellion? lol, who knows what they will be in EP3.

Plus did anyone notice how those craft flanking Dooku at the end, they sounded like TIEs, even their lasers.

sunblind
05-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Y-Wings : Yes
Early Tie Fighter designs : Yes
Falcon : Maybe
The Star ships at the end of Ep II more bulkier to show signs of a Star Destoyer

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

Y-Wings
Z-95 Headhunters
TIE prototypes
Tantive IV

I think the Star Destroyer-like cruisers from the end of AOTC are the precursors to OT SDs. Since E3 is only 3-4 years after E2, I don't think there should be a huge jump into a "newer model".

And let's leave the Falcon in the OT!

scruffziller
05-25-2002, 12:21 AM
We already had seen the Falcon in EPS 2, but the Falcon is not a one of a kind craft, so what we saw may not have been itself.

Slicker
07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Here's what I'm hopin' to see:

Tantive IV
Falcon
Early TIE's
Early version of the Imp. Shuttle
Star Destoryers

And the greatest vehicles of all...THE DEATH STAR!!! I really hope we get to see it under construction.:whip:

seanmcfripp
07-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Here's what I'm hopin' to see:

Tantive IV
Falcon
Early TIE's
Early version of the Imp. Shuttle
Star Destoryers

And the greatest vehicles of all...THE DEATH STAR!!! I really hope we get to see it under construction.:whip:

Ok, I can see how this might be fun, so I'll give it a try:

*ahem *

Yeah, those would rock, and maybe a Turbo Tank too that looks like a precursor to the AT-AT! That would be so wizard!

2-1B
07-27-2006, 01:49 AM
a young Tarkin in a Skeletor mask would be gonzo. :)

i DON'T like the idea of Padme escaping on the Falcon. The Falcon is a OT ship. I would prefer if she maybe escapes on The Tantive IV.

"escape"? I don't think she escaped this film. :D