PDA

View Full Version : New User--R2-D2 Question...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Tha Showstoppa
05-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Can someone tell me if the R2-D2 with the flat peg or the R2-D2 with the more complex peg is the rarer one?! I got the flat one, they had 2 of the flat ones at Wal-Mart, and about 8 of the others. Somebody please please help me!

Oh, and its great to be here!!

Thank you very very much!
-StephenUGA

Tha Showstoppa
05-01-2002, 08:45 PM
um...please...? help?

PloKoon2385
05-01-2002, 08:57 PM
I am not sure if I know what you are talking about. What "peg"? Don't worry, someone will help you, it just takes some time. (Some of the people in here are a little slow):D In all seriousness though, in my experience, the people here are very helpful and someone is bound to know what you are talking about and will have an answer, just wait. It's nice to have you here! Welcome!

Tha Showstoppa
05-01-2002, 09:05 PM
PloKoon2385, thanks for trying :) I did find the answer to my question, but thanks for trying, and a thanks for the warm welcome :)

-StephenUGA

Beast
05-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the madhouse, Tha Showstoppa. Here is your complimentary gift basket of duct tape and POTJ Jar Jar Binks figure. Enjoy them, and your time here.

As to your question, neither is really rare, actually. The flat peg version is the first version, but has most likely shipped in close to even quantities when it's all said and done. The "fan" version of the leg peg is the more correct second version of the legs, and is the one that is being shipped in the later cases.

But if you read store reports, alot of people are finding the peg version in mass quantities in their stores, and very few "fan" versions. And others are finding the "fan" version in mass quantities in their stores, and very few peg versions. It all depends on when the cases where packed and shipped.

The ones that will most likely be the most rare is the "fan" version on a background card. And a peg version on a card without a background. Don't expect either of them to carry to high of value though. The peg version may end up being worth a few bucks more then the "fan" version, though it's doubful. Hope that helps. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-01-2002, 09:07 PM
Maybe Hasbro did two different peg styles for the customizers. At any rate, this Artoo will never be rare, he's swarming the pegs all across the world.

If you like the figure, get both variations. But I'm not going to get into speculation as far as future values, that's not what collecting is about.

Tha Showstoppa
05-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Thank you all very much. I am hearing a lot of what you guys are saying as well. You have all helped me, thank you very much, and thanks again for the warm welcome :)

-StephenUGA

CooLJoE
05-01-2002, 10:36 PM
JJB - actually wouldn't that be that the rare ones would be with background card? I don't think the "fan" versions comes with a background at all. Only the peg version.

Beast
05-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
JJB - actually wouldn't that be that the rare ones would be with background card? I don't think the "fan" versions comes with a background at all. Only the peg version.
There have been reports of the "fan" version appearing on cards with background inserts. As the switch over between peg styles occured about the same time that Hasbro was dropping out the inserts. So some "fan" legs did get packaged onto cards with the background. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks