PDA

View Full Version : That's why the Tuskins are scared of Old-Ben...

Darth Ovori
05-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Remember when Old-Ben appears in ANH and scares away the Tuskins to save Luke... Hell, the Tuskins are probably still fearing the legend of the beserk robed knight (Anakin when avenging his mothers death)...

They thought it was Anakin again...

DarthChuckMc
05-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Not to blow your theory, but I think the loud "Roooaarrrrrrr" you hear before the Tuskens haul butt, is supposed to be Ben doing his impression of a Kryat Dragon. At least that's what I've always thought. I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

Beast
05-01-2002, 10:30 PM
They run because Obi-Wan immitates the vocalizations of a Kryat Dragon, as DarthChuckMc said. The possible tale of the beserk robed knight won't leave the camp in Episode II. All that is going to be found are the dismembered corpses, as Anakin slaughters the entire camp. Killing men, women, and children, leaving noone alive to spread a tale. It may result in Tuskens becoming even more superstitious and dangerous to outsiders by the time of ANH, but isn't what scared them off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Boba Fetish
05-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Obi Wan had been livin out there for a while and they know not to mess with him. I'm sure when he first took up residence they tried to bum rush him to find some goods only to quickly realize how futile it is to mess with a Jedi Master. That's how word got around with the Tuskins that when 'Ol Ben's in a bad mood you had better start runnin or else you're gonna eat dirt.

2-1B
05-02-2002, 12:37 AM
They're just "easily startled", that's all :D

Darth Ovori
05-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Dammit, there blows another theory... ;)

O.K. Anakin slaughters the camp, surely Yoda and Obi-wan could sense that darkness inside of him at the end of the movie... ???

And thanx for giving me the correct explaination of Old-Ben...

Dak Powers
05-02-2002, 11:57 AM
"Easily startled"? Hell, if a krayt dragon were comin' around the rocks, I think I'd run too!

2-1B
05-02-2002, 01:18 PM
A krayt dragon would be a cakewalk compared to an old hermit like Ben. :D

Darth Ovari, in the novel Yoda does sense something is wrong with Anakin, he even hears Qui-Gonn's voice cry out from the other side. :)

corporal AMF
05-03-2002, 07:03 PM
I believe in ANH the tusken also see Ben coming waving his arms...so he couldn't be a k** Dragon or something....maybe it's just more of the ?'Ben Affair' in ANH.....remember...the talk in his house, c3po shuting himself down, the different point of view...
hmmm:Pirate: :Pirate:

DeadEye
05-03-2002, 07:47 PM
How could Ben make himself sound like a krayt dragon anyway?

2-1B
05-03-2002, 10:52 PM
He used the Force. Or he studied up on ventriloquism while in hiding.

chewie
05-04-2002, 01:46 AM
Ben did the roar the same way he made the "click" sound on the death star to take the attention away from him as he made his escape from the stormtrooper guards near the tractor beam generator. Definitely a force trick.

Casual George
05-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Yes, a force trick for the sound of the dragon and he could have also clouded their minds or caused them to have an out and out hallucination so they might have thought they were seeing a Krayt Dragon instead of just Ben walking and waving his arms about.

Darth Ovori
05-07-2002, 03:49 PM
I friend of mine who's a major SW geek...
Told me that Tuskins never confront anyone head on, they prefer to take them on by surprise or from a distance... (hence the sniper rifle)... And attack in large numbers...

SO his theory is that if someone confronted them they would prefer to run away and come back in larger numbers or wait from a distance to launch a surpirse attack...

saladin
05-07-2002, 04:02 PM
you ever herd the guy guy from police academy make thoses noises, the same way is how ben made the noise

chris
05-07-2002, 09:13 PM
Imitating a Krayt Dragon? There really is no limit to the power of the force is there?