PDA

View Full Version : Open Belly Rescue Tauntaun perhaps?

2-1B
05-02-2002, 04:31 AM
Dear Hasbro,
I was thinking about how much I loved the open belly Tauntaun as a kid, I wonder if you shouldn't make a new one. :)

Now would be a good time to mix a Tauntaun in with your Saga line, you have a few non-AOTC figures coming out soon, why not diversify the product offerings even more? I presume the Reek is a launch for other beasts to come, can the arena beasts find room on the shelves for a gentle furry lizard? I realize that the Saga beasts are electronic, while I'm not a big fan of it myself I guess I wouldn't mind it if my Tauntaun had to make those funny "noggy noggy" sounds, not to mention the sound it makes when it dies.

I don't think the beast would have to be incredibly articulated, but I think the rear legs should allow for some range in displaying him. The Han and Luke versions both offer a single pose, I'd like this new one to have an "either or" possibility. And don't even think of molding on a saddle!

A new pack in would be nice, but who should it be? I wouldn't mind a rebel soldier of no one in particular. Well, the Han Solo version from a few years back seemed to be hard to find, he could work. Of course he would need a lightsaber this time (metal hilt would be cool) and obviously he needs articulation to ride the beast. But let's go a step further than the last one, how about added leg articulation that let's him stand straight? Ball and socket if you have to. The knees should be a given, I'd like him to kneel down while gutting the creature. But like I said, no pressure on the Hoth Han, a rebel soldier would do just fine.

Don't worry about including a jar of gooey innards (ala Jabba Glob), I can leave that to my imagination. ;)

Rogue II
05-02-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey, maybe they can put out a set like they did for the AT-ST/speederbiek/Ewok.

I don't know exactly what they would use..Tauntaun, Han, and a probe droid? Wampa? Luke? Power generator? Deck Officer?

evenflow
05-02-2002, 03:58 PM
I would buy one, but i think there are other more important vintage things that should be redone first, like a ROTJ Jabba the Hutt.

Jargo
05-02-2002, 04:43 PM
Hmmmmm, there's another thread asking what beasts people want. I suggested a Dianoga made of squishy stuff and that could work for the tauntaun Ordinarily it stays inside the belly but if you pussh on it's side the belly inverts and the guts pop out. That way there's no loose bits to get lost or swallowed. I agree on the legs needing to be articlated for a better range of movement and this couls be resolved by having the beast in a standing rather than running pose. We had two running Tauntauns so do we really need another? They spent most of their screen time just standing there anyway.
removable saddle and bags, reins made of something non rigid, a pack in figure of maybe a Tauntaun wrangler rebel with the tan bodywarmer top. I don't particularly want another Han Solo.

Rogue II
05-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Not even if the Han Solo had the right colored jacket and had good articulation?

Dryanta
05-02-2002, 08:19 PM
I painted both of my Hans to be correct,and I can live without another Han.I'd pick up a slit Taun Taun.A rebel deck officer would be my choice as pack in

RooJay
05-02-2002, 09:51 PM
Oh PLEASE HASBRO?! I would love to have a second shot at Han on his Taun Taun, and this'd be a great way to do it! Just don't make it as rare as the original! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE?!!!

SithDroid
05-02-2002, 11:36 PM
This would be a really great addition to thenew Saga line. So many people missed out on Han with TaunTaun that a new one would be great. You could even package Han with Luke's Lightsaber to re-enact the scene.

The only thing I suggest is finding a better way to have the opening on the Taun Taun. The old way was cool for it's day, but now it would seem cheesy. Plus I always had a hard time getting Luke inside and he would only fit 1/2 way most of the time. I think a bigger opening would work real well.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 12:20 AM
How about Han, Luke, Tauntaun, and a shelter?

Actually, I'd rather have a generic Echo Base "Deck officer" than another Luke or Han in Hoth gear...

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 11:35 AM
I'm all for this one. My preference would be for a new Han (might alleviate the need for a new carded Hoth Han) and a Rebel Tauntaun Wrangler/Deck Officer.
But yes, please include Luke's saber, electrobinoculars, and scanner. Thanx.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 12:15 PM
I have a neat idea!!! They could make a large electronic Ion Cannon that comes with Han on his Tauntaun!!! Another set could be an electronic power generator set with Luke and a Wampa.

:)

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
I have a neat idea!!! They could make a large electronic Ion Cannon that comes with Han on his Tauntaun!!! Another set could be an electronic power generator set with Luke and a Wampa.

That would be pretty cool. They could give both Han and Luke those sensors they were planting.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 04:10 PM
Yup and include that sensor thing that came with Crap-3PO. Still if they make them, they should also give Han one of those better blasters, a holster and Luke should also come with a holster and a metal lightsaber which can attach to his belt with a magnet.

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 05:02 PM
What about a 3rd playset: R2-D2 with Deck Officer and Blast Door. I am sure it is just a matter of time before Hasbro gets around to resculpting the entire Hoth line. They have been doing a good job so far with Bespin (Lando, Han, Luke, Vader, Leia, and Guard) and Endor (Han, and Rebel Soldier variants).

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Sounds nice! But they should also include some computerscreens and such.

Rogue II
05-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Well, I figured the computer screens would come with the Reikkan figure.