PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Fox Promo C-3PO Mini-Head!?

Beast
05-02-2002, 03:51 AM
I won a C-3PO mini-head with figure and a bunch of other stuff when I won a contest that my local Fox station was running to hype up their showing of the Simpsons, as well as the Network Televison Premires of the Special Editions of Empire and Jedi.

It appears to be one of the mini-head figure playsets that came out a few years ago, and is stamped with 1996 GTI and 1996 LFL on the back of C-3PO's head. I don't have a scanner, so I will explain what the unique packaging looks like, and maybe you guys have some ideas. Just wondering if anyone has a value idea, or even if somthing like this is worth collecting. I'm not normally a MicroMachine collector.

The head is sealed in a plastic bag, that is stapled to the card, that has on one side an image of Vader and Yoda and says: "Network Televsion Premiere Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" and then the date, "Thursday April 25, 2002 8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT" The bottom of the card says "Special Edition" and has the FOX Logo.

On the other side of the folded over header card is an image of Luke weilding his green lightsaber. It says: "Network Televsion Premiere Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi" and then the date, "Thursday May 2nd, 2002 8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT" The bottom of the card says "Special Edition" and has the FOX Logo.

If a scan of the packaging and card will help, I am sure I can get it scanned somewhere and post it in the next couple of days. I was just looking for somemore information and stuff on this piece. Thanks for reading this and offering your expert Micromachine opinions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Sounds like they got the elusive exclusive 3PO head from the head multi-pack that was only released over-seas and packaged it in there own packaging. Sweet prize.

shinakuma43
05-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Since it's sealed in a bag it could also be the Walmart Mail In exclusive.

JarJar: I'd actually really like to see an image of it. If you want to sell/trade it away I'm interested. LMK.

Later,
S43

Beast
05-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by shinakuma43
Since it's sealed in a bag it could also be the Walmart Mail In exclusive. JarJar: I'd actually really like to see an image of it. If you want to sell/trade it away I'm interested. LMK.
Later,
S43
Thanks for the feedback guys. I only collected a few of the transforming heads and AF ships, so I'm not a very knowledgable MM collector. Heck, I didn't even know the C-3PO head was a rare one. I will look into getting it scanned, or somthing in the next couple of days. Until then, I would love to read more feedback on the piece. As for trading or selling it, not sure until I know around what it's even worth, being a promo item. And since it's a giveaway promo item from FOX Televison, it could be as rare as some of the AF ships that weren't made in large quantities. Anyone have a Tomart's laying around that has the value of the head it's self? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

shinakuma43
05-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Hmm, Tomart's has MM prices? Maybe they do but I haven't seen a toy mag in a couple years and back then they didn't. Also I've never seen an accuarte price in any price guides. I've seen a few of the WM C-3PO heads on ebay and from what I've seen they usually go for less than 20.00 (usuallyt actually under 10.00). It's not something I go out of my way to look for though since I have the boxed set with the C-3PO head so there could have been some that went for more which someone else will have to answer.

There is no way though that I'd put a value of a low production run AF on this though. It may be rare but it's also just stapled onto a FOX card correct? Apparently it's also new too so there could be a lot more out there, although probably not.

Later,
S43

Beast
05-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Good points S43, I don't really care about value. But for trading purposes some idea would be great. Maybe I was thinking about AFN&TR when I mentioned price guide. Hope my questions don't sound to stupid, again...Micromachines was a fun little occassional toy to pick up for me, I never got full boar into collecting the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

good shot jansen
05-03-2002, 07:15 AM
the mini transforming c3po head is one of the hardest to come by,

s43 may be correct in stating that he's seen them on ebay for as little as $10.00, however, as they were never released commercially in the U.S. (they were only available as a mail-in through wal-mart with the video release of the se's), they are not readily available.

When galoob issued the mini-head sets. only sets I-IV were relesed in the U.S.. Sets V-IX only saw release in erupe and asia (and not in great numbers i might add) They also released two gift box versions, set I which included an assortment of heads from sets I-IV, plus a darth vader head was released in the U.S., set two which included assorted heads from sets V-IX, plus the c3po head, were once again only released in eruope and asia. Back in 97, with the release of the se's, pizza hut had most of the non U.S. ones as part of a promotional give away. The most difficult of any of the heads to acquire would be the snow trooper. that head was only released as part of the non-u.s. set # VII, and was not available in any other set or give away. 4-lom, and luke were available with the 2nd gift set, but not through pizza hut, as these three heads were all from set # VII, that one is considered the toughest one to get, as it is the most sought after.

after the snow trooper, the toughest one to get would be c3po.

the entire mini-head saga is well documented, complete with photo's over at r2dee2's excellent site (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/miniheads.htm), you'll get the full story there.

RePoZeSoR
05-09-2002, 10:46 PM
I got one sent to me from the Fan Club seems 97 or 98 ish....

shifty13
11-28-2011, 04:48 AM
I know this is a super old post and most of you probably have moved on from looking for it. But the walmart mail away c3p0 was the one that came in the little plastic bag and there was a mini c3p0 that stood up in it when you opened the mini head? If so I have those in fact i have multiples of them if anyone is interested in making me an offer on 1 or2 or more of them also would trade some of them for other carded boba figures im missing. Just get in touch with me and I can provide a pic or 2 to make sure this is what you are looking for then you can make a reasonable offer on 1 or multiples of them. I have quite a few I obtained from a buddy that worked at Galoob.