PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 toys



Jar Jar the lesser
05-02-2002, 03:51 AM
Is any one else out there concerned that Hasbro is getting away from making vehicles and focusing too much on the figures? I mean the figures are great, but don't we need a few more vehicles as well? We still don't have an MTT from Episode 1, and that is going to end up being just as much a part of the star Wars lore as the AT-AT or the X-wing. I certainly hope that the folks at Hasbro do an AT-TE from Episode 2 as well as a Republic assault ship and a clone tropoper speeder bike. In my opinion, if a vehicle is important enough to be included in the incredible cross sections book, then there should be a toy of it.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Tauran
05-02-2002, 04:10 AM
I agree that vehicles are important for many reason but I can see why Hasbro would not have as many, simply because the figures themselves are so much of a bigger market than most of the vehicles. The vehicles cost more than the figs thereby making them less likely to be bought by average joe "non-collecting" consumer. Basically I don't think there is as much of a market for them. My gripe isn't so much with the lack of vehicles but with the gosh darn UNcompatibility with almost all the intended figs. The Anakins and Obi-Wans that are supposed to go into their respective vehicles, fit horribly. I would personally rather pay an extra 5-8 bucks for the vehicle and have all of them come with figs that actually fit.................
but anyways, I got sidetracked there, yeah more vehicles would sure be nice, I'm sure that the big Arena playset probably took away from some of the intended vehicle projects and/or funding. I'm not getting too worried though becasue in my opinion Star Wars toys will eventually cover everything form every movie (that is the least bit important or remarkable), so primarily its just a matter of time. :)

humsup
05-02-2002, 09:18 AM
The MTT is a large vehicle it would take Ha$bro lots of courage to embark on this one. Even the Sandcrawler and the Imperial Shuttle which basically can use old molds - Ha$bro are not releasing it on top of all those fans request for them.
Anyway to me, I don't really collect vehicles and I'm happy at the current figure focus :)

he-ro
05-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Indeed, we need more large vehicles, but it is not as profitable for Hasbro to make vehicles vs. figures.

pthfnder89
05-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Jar Jar the lesser
I certainly hope that the folks at Hasbro do an AT-TE from Episode 2 as well as a Republic assault ship and a clone tropoper speeder bike.

I LOVE vehicles when they're done right, like the At-AT and the Royal Starship. So far I think Hasbro has done an awesome job on all the vehicles for AOTC. (well, Anakins speeder has some major problems:()

If by Republic Assault ship, you mean the Republic Gunship Jar Jar, then Hasbro *is* making one and it looks pretty good so far. It will be released in the fall.

I'm still not sure about the whole Clonetrooper Speederbike either. Someone else mentioned these but are they actually in the movie? I haven't seen any proff of this, but then again I've stayed away from the comic and the novel, so I really don't know.

Asa far as the AT-TE, I would LOOOOVE one, but I doubt they will make it. It's pretty big and even if they scaled it down a lot like the AT-AT it would be a major toy. That takes a lot of time and money to create, and some of the ones Hasbro has done before didn't sell well at all. :( I still would love for them to do it though.

Beast
05-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I LOVE vehicles when they're done right, like the At-AT and the Royal Starship. So far I think Hasbro has done an awesome job on all the vehicles for AOTC. (well, Anakins speeder has some major problems:()

If by Republic Assault ship, you mean the Republic Gunship Jar Jar, then Hasbro *is* making one and it looks pretty good so far. It will be released in the fall.

I'm still not sure about the whole Clonetrooper Speederbike either. Someone else mentioned these but are they actually in the movie? I haven't seen any proff of this, but then again I've stayed away from the comic and the novel, so I really don't know.

Asa far as the AT-TE, I would LOOOOVE one, but I doubt they will make it. It's pretty big and even if they scaled it down a lot like the AT-AT it would be a major toy. That takes a lot of time and money to create, and some of the ones Hasbro has done before didn't sell well at all. :( I still would love for them to do it though.
I think he is talking about the big wedge shaped Republic Assault ships, the ones that are pre-cursors to Star Destroyers and we see lifting off from Corsurant behind the ranks of CloneTroopers in the movie trailers. That ship is way to big to get anywhere near a proper scaled toy out of, so don't expect anything like it or the Star Destroyers to ever see plastic as a Hasbro toy. Unless it's in the MicroMachine line.

The CloneTrooper Speeder Bikes do appear in the Novel, it was confirmed in one of the threads that the are in the book, so expect them to also appear in the movie. So we will hopefully see a small speeder assortment later this year. Anakin w/ Swoop Bike and CloneTrooper w/ Speeder Bike. Now, that would be cool. :D

The AT-TE is coming, I'm sure. Maybe not until next year though, as we already are getting quite a few vehicles this year. I think they will want to wait til next year on it, as it's more of a collector's type of toy, and they want to do a good job on it. They did the main charecter ships first, as this is a movie year they want vehicles that appeal to kids first, collector's second. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I think he is talking about the big wedge shaped Republic Assault ships, the ones that are pre-cursors to Star Destroyers and we see lifting off from Corsurant behind the ranks of CloneTroopers in the movie trailers. That ship is way to big to get anywhere near a proper scaled toy out of, so don't expect anything like it or the Star Destroyers to ever see plastic as a Hasbro toy. Unless it's in the MicroMachine line.

The CloneTrooper Speeder Bikes do appear in the Novel, it was confirmed in one of the threads that the are in the book, so expect them to also appear in the movie. So we will hopefully see a small speeder assortment later this year. Anakin w/ Swoop Bike and CloneTrooper w/ Speeder Bike. Now, that would be cool. :D


I thought that he may have been refering to those also, but I wasn't sure.

As for the Speeder bikes, I'm glad to hear that they are definitely going to be in the movie. It's something that I would really like to see, and I agree that they will probably release a speeder assortment with the clone and Anakin. Can't wait to have one so Anakin can track down some Tusken Raiders and open a can of Jedi whoop-a*s*s* ! :D

mark2d2
05-02-2002, 07:37 PM
So far, we've gotten four new vehicles. That seems like an okay amount to me. I'm sure there will be more on the horizon. While I have yet to pick up any of the new ships, they sure look good to me. Especially Zam's Speeder. I'm waiting to buy that one after the movie comes out. Just trying to spread out my spending so I don't get too carried away.

At any rate, I'm always up for more vehicles. I'm still waiting for my TIE BOMBER to arrive as it's on order. And I really can't wait for this guy.

Personally, I'm still hoping for a reissue of the Classic Sandcrawler. I don't care if it's an exclusive just give me one!!!! Now is the prefect time as it's in Attack of the Clones. Maybe we'll get a 25th anniversary edition of this vehicle next year . . . Remember, the toys didn't come out until 1978.