PDA

View Full Version : After the Movie....

dirtybones
05-02-2002, 10:39 AM
After we finally get to see this kick *** movie that Mr. Lucas has given us. Do you think that you'll spend more $$$ on extra figures such as the Battle Droids and Reek?:evil:

Jpalisi
05-02-2002, 10:53 AM
dunno,
i may end up buyin some more stuff, but it depends on hhow cool it is or portrayed. i normally only buy one or 2 of each figure and 1 12", but i have a feeling im going to expand into ships and vehicles after the movie, gonna a be alot of cool s*&@!

pthfnder89
05-02-2002, 11:04 AM
I've already got lots of Battle droids from POTJ and Ep1 (Although the Episode 1 BDs are so poorly done that I don't usually use them) so I'm ok there.

Several of them are the Security Battle Droids from POTJ so I know thats not technically accurate from the Arena scene but I don't really care. That figure is INFINITELY superior to the AOTC BD figures :p It's actually my favorite BD.

I bought 2 Super BDs to go with them and I already had 3 Boomer Damage Bd's and 5 or 6 Droidekas.

I don't think I'll buy the beasts though, unless the do something REALLY REALLY cool in the movie. I'll buy all the vehicles for sure.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-02-2002, 11:13 AM
When I take my son to see the movie, I'm taking him to TRU or WM right afterwards and letting him get whatever two figures he wants. I did that for him w/EP1 and thought it was pretty neat.

dirtybones
05-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
When I take my son to see the movie, I'm taking him to TRU or WM right afterwards and letting him get whatever two figures he wants. I did that for him w/EP1 and thought it was pretty neat.
Cool move M.C. I can remember the first time my dad and went to buy some of the NH figures. They were a Luke and a Tusken Raider. Still have them both.:D :D

stillakid
05-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

That's a great idea! I think I might do the same.:)

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 11:16 AM
After the movie, I will see if my dad will take me to buy me whatever figures I like (even though I already have them all).
Thanks dad!!

Darth Ovori
05-03-2002, 11:46 AM
After the movie, I just see myself going on a spree for Destroyers, BD and Super battle Droids... And going crazy for more custom jedi's...

Oh, I just hope that the gunship is an accurate replica... then I might as while add clonetroopers to my shopping list...

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 12:43 PM
I'm sure that I'll buy more. I am just waiting to see the quantity of multiple characters before buying my "Armies"

More than likely I'll get more geonosian, clonetroopers, Super BD's.

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 02:33 PM
You guys with kids ares so lucky! Being Gay, that's an issue I've really been struggling with lately . . . Fortunately, one of my best friends has a nine year old son who loves Star Wars, so I get to borrow/babysit hit every now and then and of course tag along on crucial Star Wars outings like the Magic of Myth tour. But nothing beats the sheer joy of just watching kids with new Star Wars Toys . . .

In answer to the threads question --- Yes, I think the movie will jump start my collecting. That's one reason I'm already holding off on Zam and her amazing speeder.

dirtybones
05-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Tell you what Mark2d2 if it will help then you can come to Minnesota and take me shopping after the movie. I would love to have ALOT more the BD and a few more Gen. warriors. So what do you say?

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Well I dont have kids (probably never will) but I feel like one again when I go toy hunting. These toys help me to rediscover my youth and feel like I am 6 again. Its just great.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Great idea! If it means free figures, then you can adopt me for at least one trip to TRU, mark2D2!:D:D

dirtybones
05-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Great idea! If it means free figures, then you can adopt me for at least one trip to TRU, mark2D2!:D:D
Noway bigbarada I called it first!! I'm his favorite!

eliwankenobi
05-03-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm 31, and I remember when my mom took me to buy figures after seeing ANH. That was so cool. I wonder if I called her up and asked if she'd do that for AOTC. :D

I haven't picked up that much yet. I have 7 AOTC figs now, and am waiting for the flick before I buy any more.

As for kids, I'm sure my fiance and I will have some eventually. I can't wait to sit them down to watch ANH for the first time, and hope that they are just as fascinated as I was at that age. But it will be interesting to see how I share my toys...

stillakid
05-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Well I dont have kids (probably never will) but I feel like one again when I go toy hunting. These toys help me to rediscover my youth and feel like I am 6 again. Its just great.

When my wife raises her eyebrows at my latest purchases, I offer her that very reason (er, um, excuse :rolleyes: ). It keeps me young.

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Dirty Bones, you'd best just watch yourself! I'm from Fargo originally, spent the best summers of my life on Pelican Lake near Detroit Lakes Minnesota --- and my Sister goes to the U of M . . .

You never know when I will return to the land of 10,000 lakes . . .

Jarrell
05-03-2002, 09:41 PM
My Wifes really cool about me spending 200.00 + on 1 night of figure buying, I am 33 and I feel like a kid whenever I walk into a store and find a figure that I have been hunting for, just want to grab it , hold it over my head and growl Mineeeeeee!! ;) taking my 6 year old newphew to see spiderman tomorrow, cant wait to take him to see AOTC, and thats a great idea about letting him pick out a figure or two after the movie!! I wonder which ones he will pick?