PDA

View Full Version : figure case please?

aikman
05-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Any ideas on what to store loose figs in?

I love the old darth cases but they are a little hard to come by.
Every nmow and again i pick one up (they can fit mopst of the newer figs but some are tough)

Why wont the release new cases? The last ones (falcon/r2) sold bad because they were pricey and only held about 10 figs.
I got 100 unopened figs dying to get outy but im waiting on getting a decent case to put them in.
Ideas?

Sith Vicious
05-02-2002, 05:34 PM
Well, it's not very glamorous, but I use those shoe box sized plastic storage bins with the lids. You can put your figures in ziplock bags with their accessories, and store quite a few of them in these bins. It's not pretty, but it's a good ways to keep your figures organized in storage.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 06:30 PM
I have lamented this for some time. Actually, the best cases I've found to hold the new figures are the old vintage vinyl ones with the two gray (or orange red) trays. They hold 24 figs. Well, except some of the weirdly-posed figures. Possible shapes for carry cases are:
Jawa Sandcrawler
Trade Fed MTT
Rebel Transport
Star Destroyer
Mon Cal Cruiser
Trade Fed Battleship
Cloud City
Jabba's Sail Barge

C'mon Hasbro! Make 'em soon. I've got mounds of opened figures just yearning to, uh, get put back into a box. :rolleyes:

mark2d2
05-02-2002, 07:30 PM
I totally wish they'd bring back the old vinyl cases you guys mentioned. I'd totally pick up some of these if they did,

cujo fett
05-02-2002, 08:38 PM
i use these plastic containers which are supposed to be used for bolts and screws that i bought at home depot
each one holds 12 figures and are clear about 12-14" high by 8" wide and 1.5" thick i think they cost about $2-5 each
i have about 20 of them and place them on a bookshelf with most of my open figures

gibbyhayes
05-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Most of the EP.I collection fits together inside my Imperial Attack Shoebox. I keep most of the vehicles and accessories inside my Rebel Empty Office Paper Box. If anyone would would be interested, I have extras to sell/trade...

BanthaPoodoo
05-02-2002, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine in GA had a watch display case he put his in (dont ask me how or where he got it!) Each little tray held one fig & they looked awesome in there (spinnin em around was cool to be able to look at all of em.

R2-D2
05-03-2002, 10:21 AM
I have read somewhere that tackle boxes work pretty well. I have never tried it myself.
R2

mrmiller
05-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Target is selling some Star Wars Themed Plastic Tubs that contain small bags of chips. There are 3 different ones, and they have some really nice art work on them. I bougt a couple, and transfered my loose figs from their respective Vintage and POTF/E1/POTJ shoeboxes into the tubs.

=MATT=

aikman
05-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Thanks ive seen those.
What I want is pretty much another vader case (ebay)
I liked those because they keep the figs seperate and can hold 35-40 in there

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 12:40 PM
What kind of tubs are these? What dept in Target?

aikman
05-03-2002, 12:49 PM
By the register, they are REALLY small, pototo chip sized

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 12:51 PM
Oh, ok. Are they expensive?

aikman
05-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Naw, 3 types, rebels, empire,droids.
4 -5 bucks. Not a big deal, if they were tins id get them, but im sure the sticker or whatever will wear out quick

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks alot for the help.

mrmiller
05-03-2002, 03:02 PM
The tubs actually have printed artwork, and not a sticker. It should last a little while, but itís a cheap and easy way to store some stuff. They are not that big, but they are not tiny either. They are big enough to hold quite a few loose figures. I mainly have weapons and accessories in mine, as Iím afraid of them falling out of my figs hands and into the mouth of the vacuum cleaner.

I also want Hasbro to come out with a new figure case. I guess the problem is that all these figures are of different sizes and with strange poses. Not to mention al the crazy accessories. Hasbro would have to make cells different sizes and shapes to fit all the figures in. And still- how many could it actually hold. Then what am I going to do with my Peasant Disguise Anakinís console, or C3POís Locker- dedicate a space just for them?

yngadult
05-03-2002, 05:42 PM
I use tackle boxes for mine. They can be stood up or hung and are made of clear plastic.
Each case can be customed to have twelve compartments, but, the compartments are deep enough to hold more than one figure.
I consolidate all of the same figure into one compartment. For example, all my DarthVaders go in one and all my Stormtroopers in another.
The added feature of these cases over others is that small items like weapons stay in the compartment you put them in.
If you use the Darth cae, the weapons will mix about.
If interested, go to the tackle box section in WalMart.