PDA

View Full Version : 4th fan choice fig? -aka- Who did you vote for? (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

SithDroid
05-09-2002, 03:53 PM
No matter what, people are going to cheat, either for Rieeken, Imp. Dignitary, or the concept Stormie. If Hasbro has to hand count the votes, then they will. I voted for the concept Stormtrooper myself, but if any of the 3 win I'll be happy.

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Frankly -- other than the Duro, all the polls have seemed . . . well, shall we say, suspect? I mean Amanaman didn't exactly "fly" off the shelves. Even out here in LA.

evenflow
05-09-2002, 04:00 PM
There def. has to be something up again. I am sure the recount will take place. I hope that the Dignitary will get back into the lead. Concept just isn't that cool. If you want a Stormtrooper with a lightsaber then just open a figure and give it one. I hope the Dignitary wins.

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Frankly -- other than the Duro, all the polls have seemed . . . well, shall we say, suspect? I mean Amanaman didn't exactly "fly" off the shelves. Even out here in LA.

Amanaman "flew" off of the shelves back here in te NYC/tri state area. Even slave leia w/ cannon was a treasure hunt for me! I had a hard time finding both of them. All i keep seeing was bacta luke and darth maul. I think Hasbro is using the poll as to see how popular each of the figures listed for future release.

aikman
05-09-2002, 04:09 PM
Why do many want the concept figure to win ?

Sounds like a peg warmer (a least compared to a normal trooper)
the concept ben/qui gon/maul figs were a waste and still are around

just my 2 cents

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Try and find a concept Obi, Qui and Mual in Europe, Australia and I sure in many US places... Beside the one you're in... ;)

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by aikman
Why do many want the concept figure to win ?

Sounds like a peg warmer (a least compared to a normal trooper)
the concept ben/qui gon/maul figs were a waste and still are around

just my 2 cents

really? which store(s)? I have to many so called "collectors" hoarding them near me!

my answer (and my OWN opinion) to why i want the concept figure: 1: it's like owning a prototype of the final version, 2: i think it's cool, 3: would make a great addition to my scenes, last: i can pretend it's a lower class stormtrooper reigiment in my army building.

love him/hate him... i just want more figures released!

aikman
05-09-2002, 04:40 PM
as always , id expect european collectors to have problems getting american toys

Im sure id buy it, I just dont really see the point, whats next action figures of the director...or, uhmmm

Tycho
05-09-2002, 05:15 PM
REIKEEN: Stormie - you're nothing but a concept's memory. I'd hate to lose to you!

And I'm no Old Man!

Their primary target will be the age factor. Anyone prepared to tell them that the concept Stormtrooper is an idea even older than A New Hope ever was?

The Empire Strikes Back is the Fan's Favorite!

RooJay
05-09-2002, 05:22 PM
A few thoughts/ questions:

I hear a lot of people complain about Amanaman. What's up with that? He seems pretty perfect in my opinion. True, his staff is too soft, but at least it's well sculpted! The figure itself looks great, AND looks exactly like the character from the movie! I even thought he was pretty well articulated. By the way, if Amanaman hadn't sold very well then we probably wouldn't be having another Fan Choice poll right now.;)

All of the previous concept figures were almost impossible to find in my area! I shop in a fifty mile radius! The only way I found Darth Maul Sith Apprentice was that I just happened to be at Disneyland the moment they put them out in the Star Tours gift shop! I never saw that figure ANYWHERE again! By the way, I LOVE that figure too! I think he's awesome looking, and was surprised that Hasbro had decided to make him; that design was one of my favorites of the unused concepts!

What concept Obi?

For those people who don't like the NJO series, why? Have you read any of them? Sure some of the books in the series weren't that great, but I've found that MOST of them are really cool! I tend to be very discriminating when it comes to EU novels; I thought Specter of the Past was pretty good, but I thought Vision of the Future was horrible (sorry Zahn!)(by the way Tycho, I'd be more than happen to loan you my copy if you'd like! I'd want it back for my collection though.). I didn't even finish reading it! I have found that, far and away, most of the NJO novels have a level of character development, suspense, and action that most of the other novels are SEVERLY lacking. These books (most of them) BLOW my mind as far as excitement, character development, and intrigue go. The Yuuzhan Vong are great villains in my opinion, and are worthy successors to the Empire! These books have introduced some great new characters and concepts to the Star Wars galaxy. My only criticism of the series is that there have been no major victories for the Jedi, and the Order seems to be falling apart; it IS called NJO afterall. I can understand if you just don't like the EU stuff at all, or if you just don't care to read about it, but I highly recommend that any Star Wars fan give them a try! They're well worth it in my opinion, and it's just a good series in general when taken on it's own merits.:happy:

GO EVERYTHING! YAY!

Tycho
05-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Thanks Roojay. I've read all the NJO up to Rebel Dream (which I'm currently reading). I love it. It's dark and I can't see how people who like ESB wouldn't like this. It's a great series with a multitude on enemies bent on religious genocide with alien weapons and amazing bio-technology that makes the Empire's Civil War look like a laughable non-threat. Plus all the enemies are not under one Lord's control. This makes them far more dangerous.

Finally, Luke, Han, Leia, and Mara may yet die.

This enemy was created to make the Jedi try ends-justify-the-means fighting. First they have to become desperate enough. Then they succomb to the Dark Side. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hatred. So do we all not hate the cursed 'Vong now?

(NJO lovers and haters alike can rejoice in that!)

I'm with the Jedi on the Dark Side. They will found the New Jedi Order!

neimoidian85
05-09-2002, 05:42 PM
We NEED a Yuuzhan Vong action figure. Just one, no more. I NEED ONE.

AT-AT Man
05-09-2002, 05:43 PM
looks like our boy the concept storie is winning Yay, actually i don't care what is made, hey it's a fig to add to my collection, so i don't care.

Tycho
05-09-2002, 05:53 PM
I don't "collect" Star Wars figures, so I won't buy a Concept Stormie.

I build dioramas with Star Wars action figures, so I will buy an Imperial Dignitary, but I think he'll be done (both of them) anyway, so I really want General Reikeen!

AT-AT Man
05-09-2002, 06:02 PM
i also make dios, but i also "collect" i for one think that somr of us can easily think of dios to do with the concept stormie, some of you just need to use what is in your head, it is called an imaination, i have one, do you.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by RooJay

What concept Obi?

For those people who don't like the NJO series, why? Have you read any of them? Sure some of the books in the series weren't that great, but I've found that MOST of them are really cool! I tend to be very discriminating when it comes to EU novels; I thought Specter of the Past was pretty good, but I thought Vision of the Future was horrible (sorry Zahn!)(by the way Tycho, I'd be more than happen to loan you my copy if you'd like! I'd want it back for my collection though.). I didn't even finish reading it! I have found that, far and away, most of the NJO novels have a level of character development, suspense, and action that most of the other novels are SEVERLY lacking. GO EVERYTHING! YAY!

First - There were two concept Obi Wans, the Cold Weather version, and the Jedi Training version. I liked them both a lot, particularly the Cold Weather Obi Wan. :)

Second - you've got a lot of good points about the New Jedi Order series. I've read everyone of them too, and I like a lot about them.:) Personally though, I have some problems with them also. Most of them have to do with the dialogue, which honestly, most of the NJO writers can't write to save their lives. Some of the stuff that comes out of characters mouths sounds like it belongs in The Phantom Menace. :rolleyes:

Also a lot of them get really long winded in their speeches and stuff (especially when their writing Jedi) it gets boring for me really fast. I LOVE when a writer takes time to really build up a character, but at the same time it seems like all of those speeches usually say the SAME THING over and over. It's just too repetative.

Basically, I read them for the stories, because I agree that the story is really good, and very dark. I just think they need a little more of it, and less atrocious dialogue. :D

RooJay
05-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
First - There were two concept Obi Wans, the Cold Weather version, and the Jedi Training version. I liked them both a lot, particularly the Cold Weather Obi Wan. :)

How was Cold Weather Obi Wan a concept figure? I don't recall hearing that there was ever any cold weather scenes planned for TPM. Just wondering. As for Jedi training Obi Wan, does anyone have, or happen to know where I might find pics of the concept he is based on? I thought Hasbro just made that one up too. Especially since that design doesn't appear in any of the "Art of" or "making of" books. I liked them both also!

Beast
05-09-2002, 06:45 PM
How was Cold Weather Obi Wan a concept figure? I don't recall hearing that there was ever any cold weather scenes planned for TPM. Just wondering. As for Jedi training Obi Wan, does anyone have, or happen to know where I might find pics of the concept he is based on? I thought Hasbro just made that one up too. Especially since that design doesn't appear in any of the "Art of" or "making of" books. I liked them both also!
you're correct the Cold Weather Obi-Wan isn't a concept figure, it's a EU figure. Originally there was a comic planned by Dark Horse with Obi-Wan on a mission to a Ice Planet. The comic was cancelled at the last minute, but the figure was already far along in the production phase, so they released it instead of wasting the money it cost to create. :) The Jedi Armor version is based on one of the early Jedi outfit designs, but that one didn't appear in the books.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 06:49 PM
OK, it looks like I'm getting dumped on by everyone and their brother just cause I'd like to see the concept stormie win. What's the big whoop? I haven't ballot-stuffed nor am I urging others to vote more than once. If stormie doesn't win, it's not the end of the world but I won't be complaining about a fix or anything.

Heck, when Imp. and Rieekan were leading did anyone once complain about a fix. No. Just when the stormie started to gain steam did people start whining. If Hasbro decides that it's going on and they'll void some votes, then that's their choice and I'll accept what ever other figure we get.

Look, I'm just having fun with this thing. People started campaigning for the favs by putting up special avatars and printing their signatures in point 20 type so I thought I would do the same thing. I hoped it wouldn't come to people getting ****ed or taking things the wrong way, but I guess in some people's minds I may have crossed the line somehow. If that's the case, then please pardon my big mouth.

As of 5 PM MST...

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 26 %
Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 9 %
Rebel Soldier(TM) in Scout Trooper(TM) Disguise - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 6 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 26 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 32 %

RooJay
05-09-2002, 06:50 PM
Know where I can find a pic JJB? How did you find out about it if it wasn't in the books?

Beast
05-09-2002, 06:53 PM
I think I remember reading about it along time ago on Rebelscum, or maybe even here. There was a booklet of art that came with the Collector's Edition E1 VHS tape that may have pictured it though. I dunno, it's just been ages since those figures and info about them came out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cotasnoova
05-09-2002, 07:04 PM
My vote is with the General. I would rather have someone who was actually in the movie, then a concept. If hasbro wants to screw around with concept stuff, why don;t they do like a 5-10 figure line of all the major characters original conceptions, that would be cool.

Beast
05-09-2002, 07:07 PM
The reason there is complaining about obvious poll tampering in the case of the Concept Stormie, is just because of how obvious it is. The poll opened way back on the 3rd, and there should be fewer votes coming in everyday. There is no possibility that a figure could shoot up a full 4%-5% points in around a day or so, unless someone was stuffing the ballot box with votes for him. The point is, if the voting was fair, the numbers would fluctuate on the other figures as well, since not everyone that votes would vote for the exact same figure. It's the same thing we saw with the Twi'lek Masseuse and the previous polls. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Mandalorian Candidat: no one is taking a personal shot at you.

But the concept Stormie's gotta go down, down, down!

Echo Base: Fire the ION CANNON! Kill that S.O.B.!

Well, everyone has their favorite, so :

Keep campaigning, not complaining.

But as my line above notes, intelligent people capable of writing such great poetry have already decided to vote for General Reikeen!:D

2-1B
05-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Mandalorian Candidat, I agree with Tycho - I'm having a blast with this! :D

:frus: Now if Tycho would just stop being the charismatic separatist he is and stop pulling votes away from us, things would be much better! :p

Lord Malakite
05-09-2002, 08:35 PM
Go Concept Stormtrooper!

Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 10 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 26 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 33 %

DarthChuckMc
05-09-2002, 08:58 PM
ok....how come when youn add the # of votes it equals 101%?

DarthChuckMc
05-09-2002, 09:00 PM
.....and where can I get that Dignitary avatar?

MikeAndTheBots
05-09-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
ok....how come when youn add the # of votes it equals 101%?
There's no decimals. If we had the EXACT numbers it'd add to about 100%.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 11:18 PM
All right! He's pulling away! I guess Rieekan and Impie's walkers couldn't make it over the crack in the sidewalk. Will Rieekan ever be made at this point? After being pimp slapped by Ephant Mon and the stormie I say not in 2002 nor in 2003. I think that old man Imp has a better chance since the Emperor needs am old buddy to wax nostalgic with.

"I remember when Sith apprentices respected their elders. Now they're throwing you over a railing as soon as your back is turned."

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 12:25 AM
You can get the avatar on Caesar or JarJar's avatar... The one with the Emporer and the two dignitaries. Or, you can defect to the light side and adopt mine :) GO RIEEKAN!

Hell, I'd rather have the Endor scout than the Stormie, since he was ACTUALLY IN THE MOVIES. I swear, if I weren't a completist...

I love it when people ask to see a picture of a figure when they don't know that the site they're posting on has pictures of every figure from like 300 angles lol

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 01:14 AM
Amanaman a pegwarmer? I've seen far more Duro figures clogging the shelves than Amanamans. I can't wait for Ephant Mon, a figure I have wanted since I was 12. When I hold that fat puppy in my hands I will know that a major dream of my SW collecting has come true.

The concept stormtrooper is not a concept figure I am interested in. I would have voted for a concept Vader without hesitation; but I didn't see the point of wasting my vote on the possibility of future figures. I voted on the figure I wanted to see made next, not on a figure that might be made if I vote for this other figure.

Rogue II
05-10-2002, 08:25 AM
I can't wait for the Ephant Mon either. Anyway, I agree with BigBarada. I used to see more Duros hanging around that Amanaman. I ended up buying 1 Duro when he first came out and then 2 more when it went on clearance. I like the Duro better than Amanaman.

I would like the Concept line if it came out like the POTF2 Hong Kong Anniversary sets - A platform with 3 figures on it.

But, when Hasbro does the recount, that stormtrooper isn't going to be in 1st place.

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 09:28 AM
i too saw more duros on the peg than i ever did of amanaman. i ended up getting two duros for scene fillers.

a concept line like the POFT2 honk knog anniversary sets, good idea.

hey, psst, over here.......concept stormtrooper. pass it on.

BIg B' comment about a concept vader would have been reeallllly cool! but then again i would buy any star wars figure!

Lman316
05-10-2002, 01:54 PM
I have already voted on this one (for the Imperial Dignitary), but I constantly go back to check to see who's winning.
Well, I just checked a few minutes ago to see that the concept Stormtrooper is winning (at 33% at that time).
I'm not totally against EU stuff, so please don't get me wrong. But I am against it when it delays OT or Prequel stuff. I display stuff that's in the movies and I, myself, have no use for a figure like this. I understand that some people believe the dignitary will be made anyway, but I'm not too sure.
It just seems funny to me that the Imp. Dig. could be winning this far along, and then suddenly it gets passed by a concept figure. Methinks Jargo might be right...

Jaina Solo
05-10-2002, 01:57 PM
Really stupid question- Where do you vote for the fans' choice figure?

Jargo
05-10-2002, 02:05 PM
I'd probably buy a concept Vader but not at the expense of a character that was actually in the movies as created in the figure form. I'd buy a Vader from the movies before a concept vader. EU figures and that kind of thing are what I buy when there's nothing left to buy and if they're any good. I'd never just buy a figure simply because it was made. That's crazy.
POTJ happened during the great UK drought so we didn't get a chance to see them pegwarm and resorted to online stores for purchases out of necessity. I'd have quite liked to see them hanging on the pegs in TRU when they hit stores but TRU UK had nada for about two years. Literally nothing whatsoever save for the dregs from the POTF2 stuff like the Princess Leia 2-packs and the 12" jawa and stuff like that. And that was at the end of 2000. They then cleared everything out and nothing until the AOTC stuff on the 23rd of last month. Feel lucky that you still have stores willing to stock the stuff in non movie years.

The vote is just a gesture anyway. The winners already decided and in production. The designs for all of them are in the bag cuz otherwise they wouldn't be in the poll to begin with. Hasbro plans on making all of them at some point if budget allows. Look how many from the lastpolls have been made Eeth koth, Teemto Pagalies, The winners and there's a possibility that at least two of the Jedi contenders - Yareal Poof and Even Piell will be in the Jedi council cinema scene planned for next year. It's all a big con.
Call me a kook if you will but I'm not buying this fans choice thing for one second. Can't see why they need to be so obtuse about it all in the first place. It'd be easier if they just got down to work instead of twiddling their thumbs and made the whole bloody lot.
Stop the nonsense hasbro and get some work done!

Jargo
05-10-2002, 02:08 PM
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/

You need to be a registered user and then you hit the voting chamber which is very easily found from the main page. :)

MichaelV103
05-10-2002, 02:09 PM
I wasnt too happy with any of the choices for "fans choice figure". I would love to see a destroyer droid (droideka) with its energy shield.

Jargo
05-10-2002, 02:17 PM
There's a deluxe droideka due out sometime later this year apparently and I'm hoping that it comes with the energy shield as an accessory. :)

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 02:48 PM
the voting/poll is fun, and as long as figures are made from any star wars story (moive, comic, novel, game), i'll continute to buy it. I'm just a big fan of star wars!

GO CONCEPT STORMTROOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm glad US TRU did not do what EMPEROR JARGO said UK TRU did! Man, i'd have to find another hobby if that ever happend!

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 02:54 PM
bigbarada

I stopped by TRU Times Square during lunch and found a WHOLE bunch of duros "warming" those pegs and saw nada Amanaman's! I agree with you, you find more duros than amanaman. also can't wait for Ephant Mon!

RooJay
05-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The vote is just a gesture anyway. The winners already decided and in production. The designs for all of them are in the bag cuz otherwise they wouldn't be in the poll to begin with. Hasbro plans on making all of them at some point if budget allows. Look how many from the lastpolls have been made Eeth koth, Teemto Pagalies, The winners and there's a possibility that at least two of the Jedi contenders - Yareal Poof and Even Piell will be in the Jedi council cinema scene planned for next year. It's all a big con.
Call me a kook if you will but I'm not buying this fans choice thing for one second. Can't see why they need to be so obtuse about it all in the first place. It'd be easier if they just got down to work instead of twiddling their thumbs and made the whole bloody lot.
Oddly, I tend to agree with that notion. Before people start jumping to Hasbro's defense I'd like to point out that while we don't KNOW this is true, everyone has to admit that it IS a POSSIBILITY. This kind of fits in line with my earlier post regarding how, if all these characters are popular enough, and get enough requests to end up on the poll then Hasbro already knows people will buy them and that they are viable money makers. The only character from the current poll that doesn't really seem to fit with the notion of it having received lots of requests is the concept Stormtrooper, which is apparently going to win somehow. I can even believe Nym gets enough figure requests that Hasbro will eventually do a figure of him. So then, why would Hasbro bother to conduct a poll? To help gauge and generate interest in their pre-chosen winner! Why not? It makes sense when you really think about it. Of course if someone comes along with official proof that this is not the case then I will concede.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-10-2002, 05:10 PM

That may be the case, but at least the stormie will get make that much sooner. :D

leenovak
05-10-2002, 05:19 PM
I still can't believe Rieekan hasn't been made already. With all the utter garbage they've scraped the bottom of the barrel for already, at least give the man his due. I mean, he did actually have some lines in the films. He's not just some random one-second wonder like a bunch of the other ones.

Jargo
05-10-2002, 05:22 PM
It's a possibility. But what if the count is recounted and your stormtrooper gets trounced by the dignitary? You won't be so pleased then will you Mr. smartypants :p I'd laugh my belly off if the rebel in scout trooper disguise (that's so disguised he just looks like a reguler scout trooper because he has no removable helmet) won. Highly unlikely but it would still have me rolling around in glee for days. That particular figure intrigues me as there's a scout trooper with accessories set planned already. So why this choice in the fan poll? It was never expected to win that's why. Hasbro knew that the dignitary and Rieeken would top out the poll. The concept stormie was thrown in for something novel and also not expected to win. The numbers lie as has been said already with votes totalling 101% this is a little strange to say the least. There's a whole week of voting left and anything could happen. The best thing Hasbro could do if this is indeed a real poll and not just academic, is to remove the percentages completely. That way no-one would know what the figures were until the final count is announced. That seems the only fair and equitable solution to me.

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 05:28 PM
The best thing Hasbro could do if this is indeed a real poll and not just academic, is to remove the percentages completely. That way no-one would know what the figures were until the final count is announced. That seems the only fair and equitable solution to me.

I don't have *quite* as cynical a view of the voting as you do Jargo but that is a great idea. You right that if peple didn't know who was in the lead then they probably wouldn't bother trying to fix the votes.

My guess is that Hasbro would think that's too boring, if people couldn't check on the votes progress.

But they might reconsider if they have to spend the time fixing this poll correctly the way they did with the last one. :)

Beast
05-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Besides, it's quite obvious there is some cheating going on in the poll at the moment. As I have said before, the Concept Stormie jumped 5% in one night, which is almost an statistical impossibility, unless everyone that is voting now is voting only for the Stormie. Someone is stuffing the ballot box, just as they did the last time with the stupid Twi'Lek Masseuse. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 05:39 PM
The numbers lie as has been said already with votes totalling 101% this is a little strange to say the least.

Actually, dude, these are rounded numbers, I'm guessing. When rounded up or down, they would equal 101%, but we can't confirm that because we can't see the actual value, as in "26.7%" instead of "27%"

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 05:42 PM
By the way:

Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 25 %

Oh, what's this? Rieekan pulls out in front of the old guy? Bam! Pow! Snap! Even though he's not in the lead, it's still fun to taunt all you dignitary lovers :) He'll probably slip back soon, though :(

Tycho
05-10-2002, 06:17 PM
No! The REBELLION has spoken! Reikeen will rise to power and take any concept of anything evil and Imperial down with it!

Rogue Squadron, are you with me?

Let's take these Imps down!

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Roger that, Rogue Four. I read two squints and four dupes ahead at three klicks!

Rogue II
05-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Vote General Rieekan for Fan's Chioce 4-The only one of the choices that had a speaking line in any of the movies.*

*but it won't break my heart if the Dignatary won

Ken-Wan Obi-Obi
05-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Good Lord. I think I've died and gone to hell... Concept Stormtrooper in the lead????

Please people.... Vote for Rieekan OR Imperial Dignitary and STOP the insanity.

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Really, as opposing as I am to the Dignitary (well, I'd much rather see ol' boy Rieekan), I'd rather have him than a concept Trooper. Hell, give us permanent-helmet Endor scout rather than concept Trooper.

Rogue II
05-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ken-Wan Obi-Obi
Good Lord. I think I've died and gone to hell... Concept Stormtrooper in the lead????

Please people.... Vote for Rieekan OR Imperial Dignitary and STOP the insanity.

Don't worry about it. The Concept Stormtrooper jumped something like 5% in 1 day. Obviously someone has cheated in the voting. It has been discussed in this thread that it is not possible(or not very likely) for such a large jump in percentge points to happen.

Dar' Argol
05-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Results as of 9:30pm EST:

Yeah, I have to agree. Even though I voted Concept Stormie it does seem a little odd that he jumped this much. Oh well, whatever wins , its another fig. Hopefully it is designed well.

BTW, where did it ever say about both evil old dudes being make?? I just thought it was one?? Oh well :rolleyes:.

SNAYSON
05-11-2002, 01:58 AM
concept stormrooper WILL BE MADE!

Sidiously Darth
05-11-2002, 03:19 AM
The ability to vote for a Stormie does not make one intelligent.
- Qui-Gon, after he heard about this poll :p

evenflow
05-11-2002, 09:03 AM
This really sucks. If this is legit, this will be the first time when I am upset with the outcome. I hope that it is not legit, and that the Dignitary will be crowned the victor.

SithDroid
05-11-2002, 09:51 AM
You would have thought that Hasbro would have put a new Jedi Luke with the ultimate accesories, Yarna, or R5-D4 on the poll since those are the most requested figures from everyone. Perhaps the next time around.

Eternal Padawan
05-11-2002, 09:54 AM
It took me the better part of an hour to plow through the 300+ missives in this thread. Goodness. See what happens when you leave for a week? Anyway, I shall now go through each and every one of the choices and give a proper explanation why the remaining figure is the one to be made.

1. Concept Stormie. Concept figures are at the bottom of my list usually because they are resculpts of figures we have plenty of (Maul, Obi Wan etc). It's not even EU, it's a throw away design that was deemed not good enough to appear in the movie. So it clearly can't be one of the choices.

2. Nym. I'm a big fan of EU, but this character is so recent, and there's hardly a fan base for him. And I'm a firm believer in movie characters before EU (or "concept") characters. If the choice had been Corran Horn...well then, it'd be a different story. But it's not. So the choice is down to three.

3. Rebel Troop/Biker Scout. A figure I've been clamoring for for a long time. A long time. And a figure that can double as regular Biker Scout (much like Luke in Stormie gear doubles as a Stormie in army builder scenes) doubles its play value. So this would be an excellent figure...Except it's not Gim ''Wooly" Riis' face I see under that helmet. Gim "Wooly" Riis, people. Does anybody remember Gim Riis? If Hasbro isn't going to do the figure properly, there's no reason to do it at all. So the choice is down to two.

2. Imperial Dignitary. Along with Madine (please make what JJB said be true!) Wooof, and a Cloud Car Pilot the only remaining vintage figs needing to be resculpted. Plus it's been high on everybodies want list for a long time (I have proof, The TOP TEN lists are but a click away...). Of the five, it is the figure I voted for because I'm a firm believer in closing chapters before starting new ones. But it is just an old guy. PS Jargo, Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus according to my Decipher cards.

1. General Riekaan. Bruce Boa, ladies and gentlemen. Who on earth wouldn't want a Bruce Boa action figure? And I can think of infinite different dioramas and play scenes involving an Echo base commander, much more so than a stuffy Imp Dig. And Riekann scored pretty high in the TOP TEN lists as well. So after all is said and done, even though I voted for Old Man Imp Dig, I wouldn't be too sad if this beat him out. And if they can get the right head (specifically Gim "Wooly" Riis') on that Rebel troop, I wouldn't mind seeing that down the road as well.

But hell no to Nym and ugh..Concept Stormie.

PS Why does Dak Powers have an Imperial Officer avatar with Reikann under it?

Jargo
05-11-2002, 11:16 AM
I've never done a Hoth officer avatar to use :happy: I actually do have a Derlin in the works but alas...no Rieeken. Oh how my heart bleeds......... :evil:
I just can't get into the idea of having action figures wearing quilted jackets. It's so... naff! Just a big fashion no no. :sur: :crazed:

EP, which one is Sim Aloo, the fat one? I'm forever confused about which way round they are. One of those facts that no matter how many times you get told just slips your mind.

Beast
05-11-2002, 12:29 PM
Here you go, Emporer Jargo....images from the Decipher Star Wars CCG of the 2 starring Dignitaries. First the vintage one, Sim Aloo. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Welcome back Eternal Padawan! Now go give us your accounts of C2 please. :)

I know you are big on finishing the vintage remakes, but do you think this Dignitary would qualify? It's a different character, or do you just accept any Imp Dig as a replacement?

Beast
05-11-2002, 12:33 PM
And here is the other one Janus Greejatus, the second starring Dignitary from the Throne Room scene. He's the one in the current fan choice poll, but we need both of them in a 2-pack. :) It doesn't look like Decipher did cards of the other 3 minor dignitaries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
05-11-2002, 01:28 PM
I voted for the Concept Stormtrooper...

Rogue II
05-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
3. Rebel Troop/Biker Scout. A figure I've been clamoring for for a long time. A long time. And a figure that can double as regular Biker Scout (much like Luke in Stormie gear doubles as a Stormie in army builder scenes) doubles its play value. So this would be an excellent figure...Except it's not Gim ''Wooly" Riis' face I see under that helmet. Gim "Wooly" Riis, people. Does anybody remember Gim Riis? If Hasbro isn't going to do the figure properly, there's no reason to do it at all. So the choice is down to two.

Not that it matters since there is no way he will win..but I thought I read that they wouldn't be making the removable helmet.

Beast
05-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Not that it matters since there is no way he will win..but I thought I read that they wouldn't be making the removable helmet.
You did, Hasbro at Celebration II told Yakface the following:

There's also a Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise, which Hasbro said would not come with a removable helmet if produced.

Pretty much it means that if he did win, you would get a scout trooper body, with a new head with the body glove covering on it. With no removable helmet. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Vintage Figures Yet to be ReDone:

1) Death Star Droid - but a SILVER one from the Jawa Sandcrawler.
-use the same mold and just repaint it, Hasbro!

2) Blue Snaggletooth - once a concept mistake for Kenner, but could be corrected in an all-new Cloud City Snivvian character! (possibly the alien Wing Guardsman).

3 ? ) Leia Bespin Gown - hmmm. I think the Leia Collection soft-goods one is fine, but I threw this in here for those of you who don't.

4) Rebel Soldier - Hoth Gear. The actual vintage figure wore a vest like Luke does. He is either a flight crew technician, a TaunTaun wrangler, or a Hoth Rebel Scout. The two figures we got in the modern line are Rebel Infantry, Hoth Battle Gear.

5) Cloud Car Pilot - the only question is "should 2 be included with a Twin Pod Cloud Car vehicle - or one figure packed-in, and one carded?

6) Black Bespin Security - ethnic variations on all human-face-showing characters ought to be made. Heck, we have white, red, green, and blue Twi'leks in our Star Wars population (Bib Fortuna, Lin Mai, the red slave girl, Oola, Orm Fre Taa, and soon Aayla Secura) - for humans we should have different ethnicity Rebel Pilots, Naboo Guards, Soldiers, and Officers, Blue Coruscant Guards, Endor Rebel Soldiers, as well as Cloud City Wing Guards. But the Black Bespin Security Guard nevertheless remains the most important as he was a vintage Kenner figure not yet made for the modern line.

7) Chief Chirpa - the Leader of the Ewoks! Come on Hasbro! we have 2 Boss Nass figures already. Either make Poggle the Lesser from E2, or give us another "alien leader" in Chief Chirpa!

8) Klaatu - the green Nikto-species dude that wore the lambskin skirt in the Kenner Vintage line and was seen on the Sailbarge as well as in Jabbas Palace.

9 ? ) General Madine - unless the rumors are true and he's already been made.

10 ) B-wing Pilot - a white, human, male this time, in a Red Squadron Uniform. In the pilots 3 pack, they got 1 thing right about "Arvel Cryynid" : he was an A-wing pilot and is wearing an A-wing pilot helmet. But Cryynid was from Green Squadron and had blonde hair, like Green Leader AND Tycho Celchu. There were 3 (three) blonde haired, Green Squadron A-wing Pilots! Trust me, with my screen name and Rogue Squadron affiliations, I WOULD know!

11) Lumat

12) Paploo - do you call that one-pose wonder, not totally newly sculpted Ewok on the speederbike a final version for a character played by Kenny Baker? I don't think so!

13) Romba! - fat Ewoks equal more plastic for your money!

14) Warok

15) Imperial Dignitary - though both of them have to be made, the original dude should appear in our collections first - as much as I really want Sate Pestage anyway. What Rogue Squadron fan wouldn't? Wedge needs more bad-guys to fight!

So there is 13 - 15 figures left, depending upon whether Madine is in production, and you yourself personally count Leia Bespin.

So I could support the Imperial Dignitary, but I think these figures listed above have a higher chance of getting made than does General Reikeen if he doesn't win this poll.

SO VOTE FOR THE GENERAL!

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
The ability to vote for a Stormie does not make one intelligent.
- Qui-Gon, after he heard about this poll :p

If you haven't noticed, Rieekan's leading over Dignitary, bub. If the Stormie votes are fake, and there's enough fake votes to bring it under 26%, then ol' boy Rieekan gets the sticker.

Edit: OOPS! I meant to quote the chap who said that if stormie votes were false, the Imp Dig would win. Sorry, SD!

2-1B
05-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Dak Powers, care to comment on the recent debunking of your "Rieekan" avatar? :D

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 05:07 PM
PS Why does Dak Powers have an Imperial Officer avatar with Reikann under it?

I had never looked at him that way before... I meant for that to be his hair+sideburns, with the white jacket and the Rebel 5-square General insignia... I can see it looks like an Imp officer's hat now, though. I might change it around tonight, thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

Tycho
05-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Caesar:

The Deluxe Hoth Rebel Soldier that came with the Radar Dish Cannon in the modern line is just a resculpt of the dude with the Goatee who they called Hoth Rebel Commander in the vintage days because they didn't ever make General Reikeen (not that he wore that uniform anyway). But Hasbro made the Dish Cannon guy's goggles ON, (a new head AND body sculpt of the Rebel Infantryman) while they had the goatee-boy with his goggles hanging down around his neck (requiring this be expressed in both the head and body sculpt).

It is proof that they can offer what we want for head variations in:

Rebel Fleet Troopers ( how about the old Sergeant on the TantiveIV?)

Weequays (how about a vest / body armor change?)

Endor Rebel Soldiers ( 2 more, but none black? We saw them in the movie?)

Ishi Tibbs (the majority we've seen were NOT Rebel Officers!)

Rebel Pilots (Garven Dreis - Red Leader, plus more from all wings)

Naboo Royal Security (black ones were in the film)

Naboo Royal Guards (especially since they were shipped limited) -white and black ones.

Bespin Security (black, alien (Snivvian), and white ones)

Imperial Officers (blonde haired ones?)

The deal is this:

Diorama builders don't want "clones" except where there are supposed to be clones.

The whole point of Hasbro releasing another Qui-Gon and Maul this year is not to force completists to buy it, though I'm sure they enjoy that, but to offer kids just getting into SW who might even be watching TPM on DVD for the first time, older characters that they might like. - So why not refresh the army builders we ALL would buy? (they are doing this with the Endor soldiers this year).

I made the point that the rumored Target Exclusive figures with the accessory packs should have the much-needed vintage Hoth Rebel Re-Do included with it, and the Death Star Trooper should be taken out of his pre-posed position, AND if possible, include switchable heads so you can make Imperial Officer variations with the figure, too.

The Bikerscout's Clean garb and whatever they decide to do with the Battle Droid would be fine.

What do you think?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2002, 01:13 AM
You know, all this talk about vote fixing is such a crummy cop-out. I think all you guys are really closet stormie lovers, so you went back to starwars.hasbro.com, signed up again, and canceled out your old man votes by voting for the stomie. Come out of the nursing home closet you geriatrophiles and swear your loyalty to the concept stormie!

Plus you know you'll be buying craploads of them when they finally come out. :D

2-1B
05-12-2002, 02:34 AM
Tycho,
I went back and edited out my delusions over the Deluxe Hoth Rebel because now I just looked at the figure and can't believe my ignorance! :crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat,
If the Stormtrooper pencil drawing wins, I will genuinely be happy for you. :)
But no, I will not buy it.

Yoda'sMaster
05-12-2002, 03:57 AM
how about this! y dont they just make all 5!

Darth Evil
05-12-2002, 08:31 AM
I want the Imperial Dignitary, so I voted for him.

Jargo
05-12-2002, 08:38 AM
I've been advocating the inclusion of swappable heads with army builders for some time now. I also think alternate arm and leg sculpts would a good pack in. But I'm also for re-issues of things like the Weequay and Ishi Tib which were HTF here in the UK and make then alternate outfits. Aliens with un costumed heads that can be used by customisers are gratefully recieved by me. The Nikto Jedi with his removable robe revealing a perfectly good complete head sculpt underneath was surely a nod to customisers? More figures done that way would be fine with me. It's the head and hands that are the most important. An alien head with a hat on isn't very useful for customising. Making the hats as seperate pieces that are glued on is great too. You can prise the hat off and replace the head with an ethnic variant or whatever. I made a cracking Naboo security officer from a Panaka that way. Just cut down a Luke head and fitted the hat onto his head and bingo! :)

Concept stormie, will I be buying a load if he wins? doubtful. I hate the clonetroopers look and I'll hate this too. If it's not a real stormtrooper then I'm not interested. I haven't bought a single clonetrooper yet despite seeing tons of them and I highly doubt I'll ever buy one. The concept stormtrooper to me is just a badly done stormtrooper which I wouldn't want. If they can't do it right then don't do it at all.

I've been rethinking my choice of vote though. I'm not saying my vote went to the wrong choice but I will say that I would probably buy a Nym figure if they made him. I'm a fan of aliens so any alien would be cool. I'd definately buy the biker scout too. Big on biker scouts I am. Rieeken would be one of those figures I'd acknowledge as being in existence but would pass up on every time for something way more interesting. The Imperial dignitary just looks cool and as I said before it would help to complete my Emperors throne room set up. Black with a bit of red is more visually interesting than Rieekens boring tan coloured uniform. I'm bored of brown figures. I'll go for the colourful ones first every time. Unless it's an Imperial army builder like the commtech stormie. But not the concept stormie. NEVER NEVER NEVER!

Eternal Padawan
05-12-2002, 10:53 AM
No helmet with the Rebel? NO HELMET WITH THE REBEL?!?!?! Hasbro needs to NOT begin their meetings with everyone passing a ballpeen hammer around the table and smacking themselves on the head with it. I definitely glad I didn't vote for him then.

And after you mentioned that's not a Imperial hat, Dak, I realized what you were doing. I apologize. Looks good.

LusiferSam
05-12-2002, 06:48 PM
I've got to go with the Imperial Dignitary. Most the EU stuff I have is lame. Let the concepts stay concepts. And for the people's who's quotes are in hugh letters, it's obnoxious.

KingOfSting
05-12-2002, 09:30 PM
i personally think that the concept stormtrooper would make a cool figure, and i would definitely pick up a few...besides im sure that riekan and both imperial dignitaries will be made eventually...

SNAYSON
05-12-2002, 09:32 PM
concept stormtrooper will be made!

KingOfSting
05-12-2002, 09:33 PM
what exactly are the current poll results anyway?

SNAYSON
05-12-2002, 09:38 PM
General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 25 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 34 %

Rogue II
05-12-2002, 09:38 PM
Of course, we will have to wait until Hasbro announces the official winner. I know the polls close on the 17th, I wonder how long it will take them to count the votes and announce the true winner (not the concept stormtrooper).

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeeesss! Go concept Stormy! :D

Dak Powers
05-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Thanks, Padawan! Rieekan forever!

And to Zev: You actually think they'll count the votes?! haha! Hasbro doesn't care what figure gets the sticker. The thought that Hasbro would actually put effort into something we want makes me laugh. Really, though, they'll overlook that people voted multiple times and put out the stormtr *er* painting ( :) )

RooJay
05-12-2002, 11:29 PM
...thanks!;)

RooJay
05-12-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
10 ) B-wing Pilot - a white, human, male this time, in a Red Squadron Uniform. In the pilots 3 pack, they got 1 thing right about "Arvel Cryynid" : he was an A-wing pilot and is wearing an A-wing pilot helmet. But Cryynid was from Green Squadron and had blonde hair, like Green Leader AND Tycho Celchu. There were 3 (three) blonde haired, Green Squadron A-wing Pilots! Trust me, with my screen name and Rogue Squadron affiliations, I WOULD know!
So if Arvel Cryynid was a blonde, then who was the asian pilot from ROTJ and what kind of ship was he flying (an A-wing, right?)?

Rogue II
05-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Dak Powers

And to Zev: You actually think they'll count the votes?! haha! Hasbro doesn't care what figure gets the sticker. The thought that Hasbro would actually put effort into something we want makes me laugh. Really, though, they'll overlook that people voted multiple times and put out the stormtr *er* painting ( :) )

On the contrary, they do count votes. I believe there was a problem with hackers cheating in the voting in one of the past Fan's Choice Polls. I don't know which, but I'm sure JJB or Tycho can give us the exact characters involved.

Hasbro does care...well, just a little.

Tycho
05-13-2002, 02:02 AM

So if Arvel Cryynid was a blonde, then who was the asian pilot from ROTJ and what kind of ship was he flying (an A-wing, right?)?

I'm sure there have been a few Asians in Star Wars, but probably not enough to show all ethnicities in roles of importance. This is cool for kids to see someone that looks like themselves in the Star Wars universe. Everytime I see the dianoga monster, I definitely relate! (just kidding - actually I look just like Tycho Celchu, and I want to fly. Hence, the screen name).

Anyway, in terms of Asian Rebel Pilots, a Y-wing pilot from Gray Squadron was definitely Asian. "I'm hit!" was his speaking line. A Red Squadron A-wing pilot from which the 3-pack figure is based on, was in the Rebel Briefing scene. I'm sure some Asian pilots who were assembled might have also flown B-wings, and X-wings, but we know they flew the Rebels other 2 fighters, and they weren't really "Asian," but rather 'Corellian, Bespin, Alderaanian, Eriaadu, Clones, etc.'

Other Asians in SW I can readily think of was Chancellor Valorum's aide Sei Teria, an exotic looking Asian female who was Secretary of the Senate. Various Wing Guardsmen from Cloud City, certainly some Naboo somewhere, and possibly others were featured in the other films. ESB, ROTJ, and TPM are all much more ethnically diverse than ANH was. This is partially because they were filming in England, but Great Britain has many different ethnic backgrounds within its modern borders, so it wasn't really an excuse for ANH. As for the Hoth Soldiers in Echo Base, I imagine Greenland (where they filmed Hoth) might be less ethnically diverse, having the largest almost-all-white population of any of the countries they filmed the SW movies in. (This might be because nobody else in their right mind wants to move there - but a tourist trip would be very cool - uh, in more ways than one).

Sorry to bag on Greenland so much, but perhaps a native could answer how much of their country is actually habitable by human beings?

That's the only thing I was asserting, and I freely admit I might be quite ignorant about that aspect of the icey island state. But polar bears ARE cute! Love your national treasure!

2-1B
05-13-2002, 02:37 AM
I'm not a native of Greenland, but wasn't ESB shot in Finse Norway?

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 02:40 AM
Yes, it was..

Tycho
05-13-2002, 02:42 AM
Well no wonder I never found the wreckage of the AT-AT walker that Wedge blew up! :rolleyes:

Thanks for correcting me, guys.

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 11:57 AM
Actually, didn't Janson blow it up? It was Wedge who flew the snowspeeder, but I thought it was Janson (his gunner) who actually blew it up. Correction #2! But I might be wrong on this one.

SNAYSON
05-13-2002, 12:13 PM
JANSON SHOT THE TOW CABLE. WEDGE PILOTED BACK AND (I THINK) SHOT THE AT AT.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2002, 12:57 PM
All this talk of AT-ATs and rebel gunners is insignificant compared to the power of the Concept Stormie. You will all bow to its power now!! :evil:

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 07:30 PM
Bah! I'll be willing to put a hundred credits to a decicred that:

1) Rieekan can whip the Stormie in a fight,
2) Dignitary would be whipped by Rieekan,
3) An AT-AT can take on a Stormie.

I'll give you three to one odds, any takers?

It's true folks! You've read the stupidest post bump ever!

Darth Ovori
05-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Rieekan, old man with probably a wooden leg. Become general as nobody wanted the job... and after his injury he needed an office desk job...

Concept Stormie. To have been the ultimate soldier. Aided with the power of the force and a lightsaber user. Mastered from the genius mind of the great McQuarrie...

I guess Rieekan might have chance, at cleaning out his desk... :D:D:D

And for the At-At... Hey this Stormie has a lightsaber... look at what whining boy Luke do to a At-At with his laser sword... ;)

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 07:59 PM
Update:

Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 11 %

Damn you, fake Stormtrooper! Does the stormie have a mag-grapple and a timer bomb? Didn't think so! ... Well, they probably do, but that's beside the point :)

Rogue II
05-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Well, maybe we should look at it this way: what have these 3 characters been doing since 1983...

Rieekan: Helped lead rebel forces to victory. A figure bearing his likeness has been requested by fans for years.

Imp Dig: Well, as far as I know, they all got blown to little bits in the Death Star. Actually had a figure made of him back in the 80s, fans have been looking for the figures since the mid-90s.

Concept Stormtrooper: sat in a folder from 1977 until it was published in The Art of Star Wars. Known to many as "the funny lookin' stormtrooper with a shield and lightsaber"

Tycho
05-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Yeah, it just looks like advocates of the concept Stormie are suspiciously cheating.

The Dignitary and especially Reikeen both have merit, hence their terribly close deadlock!

Jargo
05-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Just four more days though. Then it's down to the monkey boys at Hasbro to count them all in by hand. If they take this at face value then the thing is rigged. If they recount and square the numbers up properly then both Rieeken and Sim Aloo (or whatever the heck his name really is) could stand a chance of being the first tie in a fan poll and both get made. Now that would be cool wouldn't it? :)

Beast
05-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Let us pray that that is what comes to pass, Emporer Jargo. The choice of the Imperial Dignitary is the only one I could have made. But Riekeen will also be welcomed with open arms into my collection. The Imperial SketchTrooper will most likely, should it win...be the only figure that I have never purchased. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
05-14-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Imperial SketchTrooper will most likely, should it win...be the only figure that I have never purchased. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Good, more for the rest of us to build lightsabre-wielding Stormy armies with :D

evenflow
05-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Just four more days though. Then it's down to the monkey boys at Hasbro to count them all in by hand. If they take this at face value then the thing is rigged. If they recount and square the numbers up properly then both Rieeken and Sim Aloo (or whatever the heck his name really is) could stand a chance of being the first tie in a fan poll and both get made. Now that would be cool wouldn't it? :)

I hope that you are right and there is a recount. It just doesn't seem right. If it is a tie, cool. If Rieeken wins I can deal with it, but i hope the Dignitary pulls out to be the winner. The Stormtrooper should not win.

SNAYSON
05-14-2002, 09:40 AM
go concept stormtrooper

Darth Ovori
05-14-2002, 10:22 AM
I think those old men should be left in an old age home, not in blister cards...

Any way history speaks out load, Palpatine figures, Darth Sidious figures, those Sid bubble guy from Naboo are nothing but peg warmers... It would be a waste to release another old man...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-14-2002, 11:44 AM
To quote the venerable Abe Simpson, "Oh b-tch, b-tch, b-tch."

Now is not the time to be complaining about these false accusations of ballot-box tampering. After all, this is America not some banana republic. That sort of thing doesn't happen here. ;)

I believe even President Bush has come out against this baseless fingerpointing: "There is no malfeasance in this election. These sublibiminal messages by supporters of the decrepit old men figures are false and are also untrue."

See you guys on the bandwagon come Friday...

Dak Powers
05-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Bibble was a pegwarmer? Jeez, would I have loved to live where you live, I had to search and search for the guy. He's going for 25 on eBay now, and I'm not about to pay that.

Update:
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 24 %

Rieekan stays in the lead over the Dignitary! It's now a fight between Rieekan and ImpDig, who cares about the winner!

SNAYSON
05-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Nym has 11%?!?! That's amzing!

BanthaPoodoo
05-14-2002, 12:43 PM
What's the world coming too when a Jedi Stormtrooper leads a vote....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It is a sad day indeed..........

Mandalorian Candidat
05-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Dak Powers
Rieekan stays in the lead over the Dignitary! It's now a fight between Rieekan and ImpDig, who cares about the winner!

Man, that's like cheering for your favorite team but saying "We're Number Two, We're Number Two!"

See, this whole thing has now degenerated to something like the NBA playoffs. Everyone knows the Western Conference will win it **cough**Lakers**cough** but are being polite to the eastern teams because one of them has to go to the finals.

evenflow
05-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
What's the world coming too when a Jedi Stormtrooper leads a vote....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It is a sad day indeed..........

I totally agree. I can't believe that the Dignitary is not goign to win. I still don't think that this is legit. I hope Hasbro recounts the votes.

Jargo
05-14-2002, 03:12 PM
The only way I would even consider considering this stormtrooper figure as a purchase is if it was made with a removable helmet and Joe Johnston's head inside. Seen the pic of Joe testing the armour out when it still had hoses attached to the body armour? That's what they should do with this concept stormie to make it cool. And if they insist on adding a laser sword as it would have to be known if this is a concept figure, not a lightsaber because that term is not technically concept but final product :) he must also come with a blaster.

Forhekset
05-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Would any of you Rieekan/Dignitary guys like a little cheese with that WHINE? :p

Forhekset
05-14-2002, 03:17 PM
The only way I would even consider considering this stormtrooper figure as a purchase is if it was made with a removable helmet and Joe Johnston's head inside. Seen the pic of Joe testing the armour out when it still had hoses attached to the body armour? That's what they should do with this concept stormie to make it cool. And if they insist on adding a laser sword as it would have to be known if this is a concept figure, not a lightsaber because that term is not technically concept but final product :) he must also come with a blaster.

I dunno about the removable helmet, but I like the idea of calling it a "laser sword". Very retro.

Edit: although in the end, it's still just gonna be some AOTC fig's lightsabre with a blue blade or something, regardless of what they call it. I guess what the sabre is actually called on the package matters to you "carded" collectors.

Dak Powers
05-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Concept White-Armored Trooper For un-named bad guys, with laser sword and laser gun!

Tycho
05-14-2002, 07:30 PM
As long as we know the Concept Stormie will sell well because it's an "army builder" to those who want to make concept dioramas, I propose that Hasbro cater to all the 'extra influences' in Star Wars collecting.

Sure, the Expanded Universe from comics and books would be one I'd personally favor, including finishing such lines like Shadows of the Empire, doing figure tie-ins to the Tales of the Jedi video games, and making more Heir to the Empire as well as New Jedi Order stuff.

But don't forget the really fun ones:

We need more figures for the Steroid Asst. Seemingly cancelled by 1997, I still want my Amidala action figures that look like ape-men, and Shmi Skywalker, Sabe, and C-3PO all with herculean muscles. There should be a JarJar figure that could take on The Rock, as well!

We also need the dancing assortment. My Lobot and Lando General figures are quite lonely without a Senator Palpatine action figure in a larger-than-life super dramatic action pose. Maybe Kereoke Mace from the "Last Dance Rescue" assortment could fill in there, but we still need more to partner up with Jabba's dancing girls.

Now in the extra-large extraction collection, where is the deluxe Mon Mothma with proton torpedo firing ballistic missle launcher? We were promised that to go with R5-D4 and the R2 with the lightsaber. I was also under the impression that Sio Bibble was going to be re-carded with Force-field projectors and a New Aunt Beru (from ANH) would fire blue milk containers from a mortar. What about a Chancellor Valorum with secret concealed Jet Pack?

In the Resculpt-me-enough category, we still need MORE Qui-Gons and Darth Mauls to catch up with Luke Tatooine. I propose Sith Infiltrator Gunner Stations and the Complete Galaxy Otah Gunga with Qui-Gon Jinn. But then again, Luke is the favorite. Maybe the Fan Club could sell a Luke Tatooine Army Builder set. That would help new fans catch up with over a quarter of the collection!

Yeah, so on second thought, this Concept Stormtrooper is really being consistent with taking Hasbro's collection in the right direction!

Dak Powers
05-14-2002, 09:47 PM
A Luke Tatooine Army Builder set LOL!!! I was literally rolling on the floor almost :P

My Jorg is buffer than I am! A Porkins body would go much better on him :-/

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Here are the current, if not tainted, standings:

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 03:31 PM
go concept stormtrooper!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-15-2002, 03:50 PM
Now that the stormie has pretty much whipped everyone else, I've scaled back the bandwidth on my signature. Hopefully sidiously darth won't gobble it up and expand his font to size 20. :)

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 04:53 PM
I will keep the faith until the voting is finished and the ballots are counted! Then I'll remove the obnoxious sig. line.:D

evenflow
05-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I think that its not legit. I hope that the recount proves that someone else is the winner.

Originally posted by Forhekset
Would any of you Rieekan/Dignitary guys like a little cheese with that WHINE? :p

Yeah why not, if it is legit we are not getting anything else that we want. :(

SithDroid
05-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Rieeken and the Dignitary will get made regardless if they win or lose. The only reason the poll is around is so Hasbro can see if there is demand for a certain figure. Rieeken has proved that there is demand in the past and he has proven that there is demand for him now, so he will eventually get made. The dignitary will also get made. If the Stormtrooper wins, we have a better chance of seeing other concept characters. It's a WIN WIN situation if the Stormtrooper wins. Don't lose hope everyone.

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 11:10 PM
oh yeah! go concept stormtrooper!

yeah, baby! yeah!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Rieeken and the Dignitary will get made regardless if they win or lose. The only reason the poll is around is so Hasbro can see if there is demand for a certain figure. Rieeken has proved that there is demand in the past and he has proven that there is demand for him now, so he will eventually get made. The dignitary will also get made. If the Stormtrooper wins, we have a better chance of seeing other concept characters. It's a WIN WIN situation if the Stormtrooper wins. Don't lose hope everyone.

Good point SD. Now I hope that all three will get made for my Galactic Nursing Home diorama. In it I'll have the Stormtrooper dressed up like Ben Stiller from "Happy Gilmore." He'll be watching over Imp. Dig. and Rieekan making sure they sew those quilts right during arts and crafts time. :D

SithDroid
05-17-2002, 01:29 AM
"You're in my world now grandma!"

Rogue II
05-17-2002, 07:40 AM
Hey, then you could dress up Mon Montha like the "Meesta Meesta!" lady and have her dive on Luke's Landspeeder. Better yet, have Aunt Beru and Wuher serving warm glasses of SHUT THE HECK UP!

2-1B
05-17-2002, 12:35 PM
You will go to sleep. Or I will put you to sleep. :D

Haven't checked the vote counts lately . . .

Beast
05-17-2002, 12:45 PM
The Poll is Closed, but here is the final totals. I smell a recount of the votes. So, who knows when Hasbro will announce the winner. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Farewell my Dignified friend :(

Congratulations to the Concept Stormie, I look forward to leaving you on the pegs. :D

Tycho
05-17-2002, 03:35 PM
"When you left McQuarrie, you were but a Concept. Now you are annoying!"

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Aha! Caesar and Tycho, your failure is now complete! The beatings will now commence! :D

I'd like to thank all the little people involved in this debacle, I mean vote. Especially those of you who split your vote between the geriatric duo. We couldn't have done it without you. :)

I predict, that by the time this figure comes out round December-time, all of you will be won over to the concept stormie. I'm certain I'll see the thread "McQuarrie Stormie rocks!" by Caesar and "How many Concept Stormtroopers do you have in your dioramas" by Tycho. :)

Just one editorial note: To those of you who have size type in font sizes greater than 10 can now decrease the bandwidth to regular size *cough*Sidiously Darth*cough*cough :D

Beast
05-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Hasbro hasn't announced a winner yet, Mandalorian Candidate. And there has been some obvious proof of vote tampering. I am expecting a recount, and then we will see who is the real winner. Until Hasbro declares a winner, the numbers are nothing more then somthing to look at. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
05-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Im sorry but I cant believe what I just read. Concept stormtrooper won fan figure to be made!!! Where were all the die hard had fans who insist on the making of figures form the movies that weve been waiting forever for??? Then you get some expanded universe "Concept" crap that aint even in star wars. I know that Im in the minority here cause if I wasnt then either Imperial dignitary or Reeikan woulda won. Especially Reeikan hes a character who actually has a speaking part and has never had a figure. I hope this doesnt mean we will never see him made. That would be really dissapointing. Let me hear from the eveyone and please try to make me understand why i feel like I got sold out.:dead:

Beast
05-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Hasbo has not yet announced the winner, and there is some definate evidence that similar to the previous poll there was some vote stuffing going on. Example: The Trooper going from 3rd place, to suddenly gaining 7% points, and the lead in one night. Unless every vote came in for the Sketchtrooper, that is improbable.

Usually Hasbro would immediatly declare a winner, I think they are taking the time to do a vote recount, similar to what they did when the Twi'lek Massuese received a massive influx of votes. Until Hasbo declares it as so, the Imperial Sketchtrooper has not won anything. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 09:45 PM
You're kidding right?stupid Joke?
I won't be getting one thanks.Why in the world the idea was even an option with all the Movie characters left to make is beyond me.Cheaper to alter a Storm/clone trooper mold?I swaer these things are fixed any way.Ephont Mon was announced way before he came up in a fan poll.And low and behold He wins.Curious to me.Was it a ploy by Hasbro to make it appear they listen to us.I really don't know,but I often wonder.
I don't hate the idea of concept figures.I think in alot of ways they'd be nice to have.But not at the expense of Movie characters.Sorry guys,I voted for the dignitaries.Because they need to be redone.

2-1B
05-17-2002, 09:52 PM
I must object. This is outrageous. I recommend a committee be sent to Hasbro, to ascertain the truth!

-- Lott Dodd --
(he's still mad about not being made, so he's going after the Conceptrooper with a vengeance!) :D

Beast
05-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I must object. This is outrageous. I recommend a committee be sent to Hasbro, to ascertain the truth! -- Lott Dodd --
(he's still mad about not being made, so he's going after the Conceptrooper with a vengeance!) :D
"I concur with the honorable delegate from the cancelled E1 line, a recount must be appointed." -- Senator Aks Moe --

(He's still mad that he never even was rumored to get a figure, and his replacement, Ask Aak most likely won't get one either) :D

Taichi
05-17-2002, 10:12 PM
This Is Outrageous :D!!!

The Concept Stormie won Fair and Square!!!

SEE, YOUR VOTE DOES COUNT!!!

LTBasker
05-17-2002, 10:13 PM
I've already got one! Before they made the prototype even!

Dooku's extra saber + CTC Stormy. :D

Beast
05-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
This Is Outrageous :D!!!
The Concept Stormie won Fair and Square!!!
SEE, YOUR VOTE DOES COUNT!!!
Shouldn't that read, votes? Your vote does count, it's just that some people wanted their vote to count multiple times. So they stuffed the ballot box. :p

Originally posted by LTBasker
I've already got one! Before they made the prototype even!
Dooku's extra saber + CTC Stormy. :D
Don't forget to throw in a cheapy G.I. Joe shield. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-17-2002, 10:22 PM

Don't forget to throw in a cheapy G.I. Joe shield. :p :D

Don't have any GI Joe shields but theres always Padme. ;)

Taichi
05-17-2002, 10:27 PM
GI Joes came with shields???

when did that happen????

and I am not guilty of any ballot stuffing.......although that's not an admittance that I didn't consider the option......

Taichi
05-17-2002, 10:37 PM

Shuck it

Shuck it Trebek.....

Shuck it Long......

Shuck it Hard!!!!

Nanner Nanner Nanner!!!! :D :D :D

Amanamike
05-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Here is what I read from Rebelsum(sorry) about it

The fans have spoken and a nice win for the venerable Original Trilogy design of Ralph McQuarrie as the Concept Stormtrooper takes the Fan's Choice Figure poll #4, garnering 34% of the votes. Having a Stormie made with a lightsaber and shield is too cool and hopefully more McQuarrie concepts, like the Shogun-like Vader and the ever popular Santa Yoda, are considered for future offerings. this just made me furious when i read this, I felt that as a true collector of true to the movie based figures I would be rewarded on this one. i voted 1 time thats it. I hope there was no ballot box stuffing.

Beast
05-17-2002, 10:44 PM
No worries Amanamike. Like I said, Hasbro has not announced a winner. And I have it on very good authority, that they know there was some vote tampering going on. Expect it to be Monday or later, before Hasbro announces the winner. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
Shuck it

Shuck it Trebek.....

Shuck it Long......

Shuck it Hard!!!!

I'll take swords for 100 Trebek!

I voted for the concept stormie, as everyone knows, but now seeing that Rebelscum is pro-stormie, I suddenly feel a little dirty.

How can Hasbro tell if there was ballot-box stuffing? Do they take down everyones' e-mail address? If there are a bunch of hotmail and yahoo addresses do they disqualify them?

Rogue II
05-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Wasn't it Rebelscum the website that got everyone in an uproar about the Imperial Shuttle? And that turned out to be a load of poop. I won't believe it until Hasbro or SirSteve report the winner.

Beast
05-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
How can Hasbro tell if there was ballot-box stuffing? Do they take down everyones' e-mail address? If there are a bunch of hotmail and yahoo addresses do they disqualify them?
They log the ISP of the voters, if there are a ton of votes coming from the same ISP, then they disqualify them. That's how they cleared up the Twi'lek Massuse illegal votes. There is always a chance that they may also disqualify alot of free e-mail adresses, if they see proof of an influx of votes coming from people who just joined with free E-mail accounts. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-18-2002, 12:04 AM
You don't even need to verify your account, dude... You could put in suckmy@ss.com and it would still go through. I had my friend put in a vote for Rieekan :)

Amanamike
05-18-2002, 12:14 AM
They should go by IP address, but then again all it takes it some freak on a dila up to top the votes over. I voted for Reeikan too, in my mind he deserved the win. And thanks Jar Jar for always being so informative and on the ball, I always count on you to answer the tough questions with an honest to goodness no bs answer.

Taichi
05-18-2002, 02:47 AM
Well, even though Jarjar voted for the Dignitary, I consider his information to be accurate, and usually I feel good for doing so....

So far the votes seem to be in favor of Concept Stormie.....if it remains that way, great....all the better for me, and those who voted for it.....

if it turns out that there was some ballot stuffing going on, and somebody edges out the Concept stormie, so be it.....

But, ten points in such a short amount of time, there might still not be enough disqualifications to edge it out in the end.......

SNAYSON
05-18-2002, 03:05 AM
there was no vote tampering! Concept stormtrooper one! yes!

Tycho
05-18-2002, 03:27 AM
I strongly recommend Open Rebellion!

And by the way, I am not buying a concept stormie, and I am REALLY NOT going to army build with it!

When I can get my hands on the Massif w. Geonosian, I'll take 5. I've already decided "which army" to spend my money on. See?

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 08:58 AM
I'm hping on getting about 3 of the concept stormies
but only when hasbro makes them look cool, of course

evenflow
05-18-2002, 10:35 AM
I am totally disappointed. This is the first time when I am really unhappy with the winner. Stupid choice in my opinion, but then again that is just my opinion. Hopefully it will work out better with the next fan choice poll.

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 10:47 AM
I bet every one saying that they won't buy Concept stormi,I bet you $10 when you see the first pics you will change your mind.

Jargo
05-18-2002, 02:01 PM
I'll bet you a Sio Bibble, A TC-14 and an R2-B1 that I won't. The sculpt may look nice but I'm never buying a single concept figure no matter what. I'll buy a Rieeken possibly if I happen to see one and I have a few pounds spare at that precise moment but I'm only going to spend my money fast if the Dignitary has really won. Also he's likely to be in some stupid pose that is useless for army building anyway. I thumb my teeth at this concept atrocity.

Rebelscum is up it's bum to assert that the concept stormie won. How do they know? Are they the ones running the voting? At the close of voting the tally was set as is seen on the Hasbro site. By the time the actual tally is counted and multiple votes are dismissed it could all go horribly pear shaped for the concept stormie and someone else would win the coveted fans choice prize of production in great numbers.
I'm actually hoping the underdog wins out now. Rebel in biker scout disguise so pathetically under supported. Hope he wins the whole thing. Him or Nym.

Dak Powers
05-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Guess what! 1) The Rebel biker scout shown in that picture isn't the same as the figure that would have been released, and 2) It doesn't come with a removable helmet anyways! It's pathetically undersupported because it's a pathetic figure. Same with Nym.

Dexter
05-18-2002, 05:30 PM
The Concept Stormtrooper WON?!?!

Shoot... I never even voted... I thought the Imperial Dignitary had a vast lead the whole time... what happened? :confused:

Rogue II
05-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
The Concept Stormtrooper WON?!?!

Shoot... I never even voted... I thought the Imperial Dignitary had a vast lead the whole time... what happened? :confused:

What Happened? Well...

The Concept Stormtrooper hasn't officially won at this time.

Right now, Hasbro is counting the votes. There is a widespread theory that someone stuffed the ballot box in favor of the Concept Stormtrooper. The key piece of evidence is that his percentage points jumped 7% in one day.

Yes, you should have voted.

You didn't vote

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 06:46 PM
If this one turns out to be the winner, I'll be thrilled. I didn't even vote (the site and my browsers do not agree) but this one is a figure I've been wanting for a long time. Ralph McQuarrie's SW artwork has always engaged my imagination, it created the look and texture of SW and brought life to still paintings like no other I have ever seen - I would be honored to buy a toy based on his concept work.

JediDan
05-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Just sickening to here that the Concept Stormtrooper won. I want a real SW figure not a made up one. Either Reeiken of Imperial Digitary should have been the winner.

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 09:51 PM
I hope in the next voteing chamber they go back to the background aliens.

Amanamike
05-18-2002, 09:53 PM
I hear you Jedi Dan, I think there shouldnt even have been expanded universe stuff in the running for fans choice. There should be a poll for just to see who gets in to the fans choice, and by what Ive read here, concept stormtrooper shouldnt have won. Most people here think its crap except maybe 4 or 5 guys. Not that you guys made a bad decision, it was yours and if you voted once then thats respectable. I hope there was something stuffed there so they can change the decision.

IcebergSlim
05-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Let me make sure I'm getting this right. A Rebel solider disguised as a biker scout, but his helmet isn't removable?? Um, doesn't that just make him a biker scout?!?

Beast
05-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim
Let me make sure I'm getting this right. A Rebel solider disguised as a biker scout, but his helmet isn't removable?? Um, doesn't that just make him a biker scout?!?
No, because it would have been the charecter in Biker Scout uniform, without a helmet on. The figure would have been sculpted with the helmet already off, and the body glove headpiece covering part of his head. Still lame if they don't give you a removable helmet, even more so if they don't make it the correct rebel. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
05-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Yeah I agree JJB. If they aren't going to make it the correct rebel of give you a removable helmet, then it really isn't worth getting. There are far too many other characters that need to get made before this one. People can always make a customized version if they want. The aliens are harder to customize, so we need them first.

DarthWu
05-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Cant believe you people actually voted for the Concept Stormie. If you wanted one, all you had to do was buy a stormtrooper and an accessory pack that has a lightsaber in it. Should've voted for Reiken, thats all i can say.

Beast
05-19-2002, 04:47 PM
You People? There was a few people here that backed the Concept Stormie, but most of the support was for either the Imperial Dignitary and General Rieeken. If you read over the thread, you will notice that there is no winner as of yet, since Hasbro hasn't announced one, and there is some evidence of another case of illegal votes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-19-2002, 04:49 PM
So JarJar, what you're actually saying is that:

REIKEEN WON!

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 04:52 PM
HE DID!?!?!??!??

snakeplkn
05-19-2002, 04:53 PM
I wonder if the whole poll idea should be scrapped for a bracket format. We should get 16 ideas, seeded by what Hasbro can gauge as fan interest. Then once a week votes are held on the matchups until the choice is whittled down to one. Every movie (until Episode III) could have at least three entries. The three losers of the final four should be automatic entries for the next bracket.

As for voting, only IP addresses count. Yes I know how more than one person may share an IP address and all the dial-up uproar, but then fraud could be reduced to a degree.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Beast
05-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
So JarJar, what you're actually saying is that:
REIKEEN WON!
Nope, I would think it more likely that the Imperial Dignitary won, because he had a commanding lead for most of the poll. But even if it's Riekeen, it won't be the Imperial SketchTrooper with the win. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
05-19-2002, 08:56 PM
I votedfor Reeikan and I hope he wins but if its the Imperial Dignitary, I wont complain cause he deserves a new life. No more EU or concept junk please!!!!! You know if you took a poll of just the users on this forum which would give you anidea for the Hasbro poll I bet Imperial dignitary or Reeikan woulda won. It seems that forum user reaction is surprised to see Stormtrooper win especially when forum users tend to be the voters on most of these polls wether they are from SSG or Rebelscum or whatever site they are from. Its just that most forum users are the voters. And most forum users that I can see didnt vote for concept Stormtrooper.

SNAYSON
05-20-2002, 02:26 PM
i still say the stormtrooper will win

Rogue II
05-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Clouded the future is. Clouded by the Dark Side......and the hackers that made multiple votes for the Comtech Stormtrooper.

Why can't everyone just play fairly?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 05:26 PM
All this conjecture will change the fact that the concept stormie. It's all wishfull thinking that the Depends Duo will end up winning due to some alleged vote tampering.

Sure only a handfull of us on SSG voted for the stormie and talked about our votes on this thread, but I see about the same amount for the other two. How many SSG members voted for him but didn't state their vote or give their opinion on the choices. Plus, this isn't the only site for SW collectors and thus potential voters. Maybe on rebelscum, theforce.net, or other sites 99.9% of the people wanted the stormie.

All these baseless accusations are invalid unless you can show that someone got a trillion hotmail accounts and voted for the stormie. Until then, keep bowing at the feet of McQuarrie!

Tycho
05-20-2002, 05:33 PM
all I can say is that those Imperials are evil !

Long live the Rebelion! Long live Rogue Squadron! - and its commanding General at Hoth!

Give Hasbro the Rebel Yell!

-and empires will fall !!!

Rogue II
05-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey Tycho, is it possible to do a real quick, tamper proof poll here on SSG to hold us over until the Hasbro results come out?

Tycho
05-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Not tamper-proof, unfortunately.

We just have to hope people respect knowing what other fans think here, and not tamper with our polls. There's less at stake here though - versus an actual action figure Hasbro will produce, but I don't think the issue compares to talking about the movie in our polls at this time. I also think Hasbro will do the Imp Dig and Reikeen considering how well they performed (Sketch Trooper didn't even get 50% of the vote)

Rogue II
05-20-2002, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with you on all counts.

Those movie polls right now are very interesting. I figured it would just be a matter of time before we got the Imp Dig and Reikeen. Has there been any word when they will announce the winner?

I've been happy with the 2 Fan's choice figures, so far, and look foward to Ephant Mon. I voted for Reikeen this time. If he loses, that means that the figure I voted for in all 4 polls lost.

I'm not a loser, I just can't win.

bandontherun
05-23-2002, 09:09 PM
In the Fan Choice figure currently running, who'd you vote for? I said Imperial Dignatary because I'm not a big fan of Expanded Universe and old figures resculpts.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 09:32 PM
CONCEPT STORMTROOPER!! :D

Taichi
05-23-2002, 09:41 PM
I think my Sig says it all.....

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Yep! GO CONCEPT STORMIE!!!!!! :D

Odin
05-23-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm lazy, could someone direct me to the voting booth?

cjranck
05-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Man, totally the Imperial Dignitary! I am all for expanded universe characters, but a concept design? That sucks. I could settle for Gen. Reikan(sp), or even the blue alien guy, but a concept creation? I am VERY disapointed in this vote.

Kuzu
05-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Amanaman,ephant mon,& concept stormi,all won first place and i voted for all of them.

Starfig873
05-23-2002, 10:38 PM
I must say I'm more than a little dissapointed with the winner. I voted for the Imperial Dignitary. The concept Stormie was the last thing I would have wanted to see of those choices. Now that doesn't mean it won't be a good figure, far from. But I don't think it should have won, that's all.

I lost Amanaman the first time, I waited, and I finally got him. I shall do the same here.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Ooh... I voted for Concept Stormtrooper as well! Don't hit! Don't hit! Don't hit! Don't hit!!!! :eek:

I thought that Raplh McQuarrie did really bang up job on the design and I think it deserved to be made. Some of those concepts, while they wouldn't work on the screen, would look great as an action figure! I can't wait!

Don't hit!!!!!! :mad:

Rogue Leader
05-24-2002, 12:07 AM
I too am very disappointed by the winner of the latest fan vote. I did not care if either Reikan or the Dignitary won, but I am not interested in the least in EU or concept figures. I would rather have figures that Hasbro has not yet made that have screen time in the 4 previous movies.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 12:16 AM
I voted for the Rebel in Biker Scout disguise, but that was before Hasbro announced that, if he won, he would NOT have a removable helmet. If I had known that I would have voted for the Imperial Dignitary.

I wouldn't have minded if General Rieekan won either, but the concept stormie? Ehhh.

The good news in this is that Hasbro has stated that if the concept stormie won, we would be seeing other concept figures. I wouldn't mind having a concept Vader, Chewie or Han (the bearded old version with a lightsaber); hey, we might even get Princess Luke.:)

Lord Tenebrous
05-24-2002, 12:26 AM
Ephant Mon. But it looks like that Twi'lek Masseuse is going to win. :(

BanthaPoodoo
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
What would be the use of a Rebel Biker Scout without removable helmet, I mean wouldnt that just be a Biker Scout????? :)

Anway, I chose the old man Riekaan.

Battle Droid
05-24-2002, 01:07 AM
It would've been a sculpted head without a helmet, not a sculpted helmet.

CooLJoE
05-24-2002, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the concept stormie?

I missed the voting, but would have voted concept stormie. I love stormtroopers no matter what. But I still want to see a pic of it.

kadamontaga
05-24-2002, 05:42 AM
I'd also like to see the picture again. I can't find it on the Hasbro site anymore.

I voted concept stormie too. I hope the finished figure has plenty of articulation.

187-Maul
05-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Concept Stormie here too
till now All of my votes won: Ellors Madak, Amanaman, Ephant Mon and Concept Stormtrooper

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
D@mnit! I voted for Reeiken. We need more Hoth figures.

I don't understand why so many voted for the concept Stormie. Sure, he looks kinda cool, but where does he fit in? I like the EU figs because they were at least "real" characters, but a "concept" character? They weren't in the movies for a reason. And Imperial Dignitaries? Booooorrring!!

More Hoth figures!! :(

JediTricks
05-24-2002, 10:25 PM
I didn't get to vote due to browser/site conflicts, but I definitely wanted the Concept Stormtrooper.

Beast
05-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
Does anyone have a pic of the concept stormie?
I missed the voting, but would have voted concept stormie. I love stormtroopers no matter what. But I still want to see a pic of it.
Ask and yea shall receive. Here is the Imperial SketchTrooper. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jmacq
05-26-2002, 02:12 PM
I'm not saying that there's no way that the latest Fan's Choice poll wasn't tampered with in some way (it probably was), but there's another matter to consider here, folks. -Kids- can vote in these polls, as well. And quite frankly, what's a 'kid' going to vote for: Old guys? Boooring. Some alien I may or may not have seen before? Naah (unless Nym came with that cool ship he flies in the 'Starfighter' games). Hmmm, Biker Scout with removable helmet? Kinda cool, but... WHOA! A Stormtrooper with a -lightsaber-! And a shield! Bad ***! That's so 'kewl'!

Seriously, though, I get kind of annoyed with how Hasbro puts multiple figures that collectors are clamoring for (Dignitary, Rieekan) on the same poll. Then gives the illusion that the figures -aren't- popular enough to warrant producing when they lose, and thus lowers our chances of ever seeing the figures actually produced. Personally, I voted for the Imperial Dignitary, but to me, it's easy to see how the Stormtrooper could have won, it's a potentially much more dynamic figure than the other choices (with the possible exception of the Disguised Scout Trooper.

Tycho
05-27-2002, 03:59 AM
Maybe, and I am sore that Reikeen lost, but:

FIGURES THAT HAVE LOSE A FAN CHOICE POLL (yet are still produced):

Amanaman (lost poll # 1 I think - to Duros - and won # 3)

Teemto Pegules (lost poll # 3 to Ephont Mon I think)

Let me see if I recall the choices correctly:

POLL #1

DUROS (Ellors Madak)
Amanaman
Ben Quadrinaros
Admiral Ozzel
General Reikeen

POLL #2

AMANAMAN
Ann & Tan Gella (blue Twi'lek girls)
Major Derlin
R1-G4
Even Piel

POLL # 3

EPHONT MON
Teemto Pegules
Captain Needa
Yarael Poof
????

POLL # 4

SKETCHTROOPER
Nym
Imperial Dignitary
General Reikeen
Rebel in Scout Trooper disg.

Somebody help. I don't have this quite right.

SNAYSON
05-27-2002, 04:08 AM
i voted for the concept stormtrooper but I DO WANT REIKEEN AND THE IMPERIAL DIGNITARY TOO! I wounldn't mind nym but i'd rather have an ozzel, needa & derlin figure before nym (unless it's a better EU character)

Beast
05-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Tycho, sorry to correct you. But here are the actual polls:

Fan Choice Figure Poll #1:
Amanaman
Bom Vimdim
Duros (Winner!!)
Eeth Koth
Teemto Pagalies

Fan Choice Figure Poll #2:
Admiral Ozzel
Amanaman (Winner!!)
Ben Quadinaros
Major Bren Derlin
Yarael Poof

Fan Choice Figure Poll #3:
Ephant Mon (Winner!!)
Even Piell
General Rieekan
R1-G4
Twi'lek Masseuse

Fan Choice Figure Poll #4:
General Reikeen
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Sketchtrooper
Nym
Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper disguise

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks JarJar. I was hoping you'd help.

This is how I wanted to comment on that list:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fan Choice Figure Poll #1:

Amanaman MADE ANYWAY - Won Poll # 2

Bom Vimdim (would have been great! - Don't remember being offered)

Duros (Winner!!) (I did vote for the Duro)

Eeth Koth MADE ANAYWAY - POTJ December 2001

Teemto Pagalies MADE ANYWAY - Saga Summer 2002

-----------Only one not yet made above, is Bom Vimdim--------------

Fan Choice Figure Poll #2:

Admiral Ozzel (I wouldn't really want)

Amanaman (Winner!!) [I either voted for him, or Yarael Poof]

Ben Quadinaros (I do want)

Major Bren Derlin (I'd maybe want...)

Yarael Poof (I definitely want and since he was killed before E2, it's less likely)

------------------the figures above still need to be made mostly--------

Fan Choice Figure Poll #3:

Ephant Mon (Winner!!) [I voted for him - too big to ignore]

Even Piell (I would want him for sure!)

General Rieekan (I obviously want him, just not more than Ephont)

R1-G4 - this is the biggest, coolest droid!

Twi'lek Masseuse (I want the girls too, but we'll soon have 4 Twi'lek girls in our collections. If it's ladies, how about the Tonnika Sisters?

-------------------------------all the above choices are the best kind--------

Fan Choice Figure Poll #4:

General Reikeen - I definitely want

Imperial Dignitary - I also really want. 2 differet ones.

Imperial Sketchtrooper - geeze this was a useless choice!

Nym - I love aliens, but his comic is on my "to read" list on my bookcase right now. I'm way more into aliens in the movies or things like the Yuuzhan Vong.

Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper disguise - totally Do Not need this!

-----------I bet they still look at doing the Dignitary and the Rebels' General-----

Kuzu
05-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Jar Jar got a pic of Dom Vimdim

Beast
05-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Kuzu
Jar Jar got a pic of Dom Vimdim
Sure do, just have to grab it. Here ya go. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
05-27-2002, 03:54 PM
I must be in the small minority who voted for the endor trooper in scout trooper gear.

I couldn't help it!
I just love those figures with removable helmets :D

Beast
05-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
I must be in the small minority who voted for the endor trooper in scout trooper gear. I couldn't help it!
I just love those figures with removable helmets :D
Then you wouldn't have loved this figure. He wasn't going to have a removable helmet. Hasbro confirmed at Cel2, that if he won he wouldn't have one. The figure would have been sculpted with just the black body glove hood over his head. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
05-27-2002, 04:26 PM

Then you wouldn't have loved this figure. He wasn't going to have a removable helmet. Hasbro confirmed at Cel2, that if he won he wouldn't have one. The figure would have been sculpted with just the black body glove hood over his head. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well colour me stupid!

Thanks JJ for pointing that out.

I would have voted for Nym then.

Rogue II
05-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Why is it taking Hasbro so long to announce the winner of the Fans' Choice poll?

Do you get the feeling that something got really screwed up in the voting?

BillyJAck
05-28-2002, 05:24 PM
There had to be some serious ballot stuffing on the wack concept trooper. I mean the dignitary was in the lead the whole time and the general a close second then all of a sudden the trooper comes up like 5 percentage points? I dont' think so. Some jerk stuffed it and thats why they haven't released the results. I'm for Imperial Dignitary all the way..

billy

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2002, 03:53 PM
So what's up with the verdict already? Have we heard anything yet?

I can't wait until Hasbro announces that Imp. Dig. and Rieekan are going to the glue factory. :evil:

Rogue II
06-04-2002, 04:35 PM
I just checked the Hasbro site. The sketchtrooper has officially won.

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Long Live REEIKAN!!!!!!!

RooJay
06-04-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm absolutely certain we'll be getting BOTH the Imperial Dignitary AND General Rieekan soon enough. I'd be willing to bet we get them both sometime next year.

Here's hopin' we also see the Rebel in Scout Trooper disguise, Nym, and maybe even some more concept figures!:happy:

Geonosian
06-05-2002, 05:17 AM
Everyone vote for Poggle the Lesser.

SNAYSON
06-05-2002, 09:35 AM
yeah! can't wait to see how the sketch trooper comes out.
We'll see Gen Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary soon enough in the future. (i hope they make two different Imperial Dignitaries)

i hope the next fan choice poll has a good choice of charaters to vote on.

billfremore
06-05-2002, 09:44 AM
I hope we see the following in the next poll:

Biggs Darklighter (A better one)
General Veers
Poggle the Lesser
Ben Quadrinaros

RooJay
06-06-2002, 03:53 PM
I hope we don't see another poll, and Hasbro just makes all of the figures they would've put on one!:happy:

Turbowars
06-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Man I'm seeing RED! Ok, this is BS! Who voted for the trooper? I want to see a show of hands. What a waste of space. Hasbro wanted to make this so thats what they are going to do. The vote poll was for PR, nothing else. I'd have like to see the Digs win, but Hasbro just wont have anything to do with them. Let alone one. Oh well. These days I guess we should be happy to get anything worth collectiong. That's my 2 cents, so don't get mad.

SNAYSON
06-06-2002, 11:29 PM
i'm glad the trooper won

i voted for it!
just because most forum users here were in favor of either Rieekan or the imp dignitary doesn't mean the general web browsing public is for them. People who cry " oh is florida doing the recount" are sore losers. If they think this poll was tampered with, show HARD PROOF! otherwise SHUT UP! get over it! I too want both Rieeken and the dignitary but I PERSONALLY thought the concept stormtrooper is cool and would like to have one as a figure. If you don't like that, OH WELL! WELL, GUESS WHAT? THE CONCEPT STORMTROOPER WON! TO ALL THAT IS COMPLAINING IT WON: DEAL WITH IT! IT"S A TOY! GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER A POLL TO WHAT FIGURE TO MAKE?!?!?! PLLLEEASSEE!!!! USE THAT ENERGY ON HEATHCARE ISSUES, PROPOSED TAX HIKES, COMMUNITY ISSUES, etc...!

BOTTOM LINE: IT'S ONLY A TOY PEOPLE!!!!!! IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

what is this world coming to?

Rogue II
06-07-2002, 07:53 AM
If it doesn't do well, I think it will probably be the last Fans' choice figure. I think this figure will end up clogging the pegs. There isn't much use for it (diorama or army builder-wise). I don't know if I will buy it or not; guess I'll have to see it first.

SithDroid
06-07-2002, 10:33 AM
If it doesn't do well, I think it will probably be the last Fans' choice figure. I think this figure will end up clogging the pegs. There isn't much use for it (diorama or army builder-wise). I don't know if I will buy it or not; guess I'll have to see it first.

Well then in that case we might as well not have them at all. Duros sat on the shelves forever, so did Amanaman at Target, mainly because he was way overpriced, but still the 2 fan choice figures have been easy to find. I think that they will still keep the poll going regardless if they sell or not.

Turbowars
06-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
i'm glad the trooper won

i voted for it!
just because most forum users here were in favor of either Rieekan or the imp dignitary doesn't mean the general web browsing public is for them. People who cry " oh is florida doing the recount" are sore losers. If they think this poll was tampered with, show HARD PROOF! otherwise SHUT UP! get over it! I too want both Rieeken and the dignitary but I PERSONALLY thought the concept stormtrooper is cool and would like to have one as a figure. If you don't like that, OH WELL! WELL, GUESS WHAT? THE CONCEPT STORMTROOPER WON! TO ALL THAT IS COMPLAINING IT WON: DEAL WITH IT! IT"S A TOY! GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER A POLL TO WHAT FIGURE TO MAKE?!?!?! PLLLEEASSEE!!!! USE THAT ENERGY ON HEATHCARE ISSUES, PROPOSED TAX HIKES, COMMUNITY ISSUES, etc...!

BOTTOM LINE: IT'S ONLY A TOY PEOPLE!!!!!! IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

what is this world coming to? Man, and you talk about other people crying. :crazed:

SNAYSON
06-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
Man, and you talk about other people crying. :crazed:

not compared to other forum users. there were alot of users out there complainging about tampering in this poll. if so show hard proof not acusation. THe poll was suppose to be fun not a political statement. REMEBER, these are toys we are voting on, so keep it fun! I voted for the Concept trooper so what! I though it was cool. You'll see Rieekan and the dignitary as figures anyway. most likey, majority of the characters listed on the polls will or has become figures, besides Hosbro most likely doesn't pay close attention to the polls final outcome but to see what the consensous of the figures they are planning to release in the near future. obviously, the character getting the most votes gets released first, but a few of the past "losers" has been produced.

i hate to do this but a word for the closed minded...HA HA!

Rogue II
06-08-2002, 12:37 AM
We've discussed the proof several times in this forum already. Now, there are 2 possible reasons why the Sketchtrooper won:
1. Because Hasbro gave up counting
2. Because people cheated for the Dignatary and Reikkan as well.

If you knew anything about math, you would know why it is so unlikely that the Sketchtrooper could have jumped so many % points in 1 day without "assistance"

SNAYSON
06-08-2002, 12:48 AM
wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa
boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo

Rogue II
06-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Well, I'm sure Hasbro will eventually get around to making the 2 figures I wanted to win. I'll just have to wait a little longer for them. While I'm waiting, I doubt I'll buy fan's choice #4. Doesn't bother me much.

I'm just trying to point out to you that the poll wasn't exactly.....clean. Lousy hackers.

SNAYSON
06-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Well, I'm sure Hasbro will eventually get around to making the 2 figures I wanted to win. I'll just have to wait a little longer for them. While I'm waiting, I doubt I'll buy fan's choice #4. Doesn't bother me much.

I'm just trying to point out to you that the poll wasn't exactly.....clean. Lousy hackers.

from what i heard, the imp dignitary is in the future line up of fig's to be made. I havn't heard anything about rieekan yet but i sure would like to see him made as a figure, hopefully soon.

if hackers were involed, #$%& @SS^0*!$. I hope more classic trilogy figures come out soon!

as for the posts, speak your mind people! That is what keep these posts alive!

The contraversy! i love it!

Needles
07-08-2002, 12:48 AM
I think the next star wars figure should be yaddle,a 400 year old woman that is YODA's species or cliegg lars,owen lars,or beru,they would make a good add on since there pretty much a figure for every character,major or minor