PDA

View Full Version : 4th fan choice fig? -aka- Who did you vote for? (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

mylow thehutt
05-02-2002, 03:15 PM
:) any thoughts on what the choices for fan choice figure 4 will be.or when we'll get to vote.:cool:

leenovak
05-02-2002, 03:24 PM
Yareal Poof!
Unless he has a figure already I don't know about. :)

mylow thehutt
05-02-2002, 04:18 PM
he was in a a poll already and lost to amanaman. but i'm sure they'll make him.

BanthaPoodoo
05-02-2002, 04:40 PM
The big clubbin lady from the Jabba palace!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO Yeah Babyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

(j/k.... I dont really know)

DeadEye
05-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Who was #3?

Wonderboy
05-02-2002, 04:54 PM
I think I should be the next figure...I would make a REALLY cool figure if I might say so myself :happy:

Beast
05-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Who was #3?
Ephant Mon was the Fan Choice #3 winner.

Hasbro always picks 1 charecter from each movie, and then a wild card choice that can be from any of the movies. As for choices, I think we may see the following often requested figures pop up on the next poll. Of course anyone can show up, so who knows. :)

Yareel Poof (TPM)
Captain Colton Antillies (ANH)
General Riekeen (ESB)
Yarna D'yl Gargan (ROTJ)
Imperial Dignitary (ROTJ-Wildcard)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

eliwankenobi
05-02-2002, 05:02 PM
My vote's for General Dodonna.

humsup
05-02-2002, 06:11 PM
They should put DAK on a card.

RooJay
05-02-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yareel Poof (TPM)
Captain Colton Antillies (ANH)
General Riekeen (ESB)
Yarna D'yl Gargan (ROTJ)
Imperial Dignitary (ROTJ-Wildcard)

Now that'd be a tough one! I'd probably be forced to refrain from voting since I couldn't bring myself to choose from that group!

Sith Lord 0498
05-02-2002, 07:23 PM
That's an easy one.

Imperial Dignitary!!!!!

We've been needing one for a very long time, and it's long overdue. Next choice would have to be General Riekeen though.

mylow thehutt
05-02-2002, 08:07 PM
will any ep2 dudes get in the fan poll

Beast
05-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
will any ep2 dudes get in the fan poll
Possibly, but this is the year of E2. Next year should be around 50% E2 and then 50% Classic and E1. I don't think they would include an E2 charecter in the next Fan Choice. If they do he would take the place of the wildcard slot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbyhayes
05-02-2002, 09:27 PM
Were the imperial dignitaries the purple robed dudes (that looked like human nemoidians)?

aharry
05-02-2002, 10:47 PM
I would like to see a General Dodonna figure too!!

dirtybones
05-03-2002, 09:47 AM
They should make that guy in the Rancor Pit who put his arm around the Keepers shoulder and cryed with him on the way out of the pit. I seen him again last night when ROJ was on. He looks pretty cool IMO

bobafett07728
05-03-2002, 09:53 AM
They should make a multipack of Imperial Dignitaries. There were three or four of them, if my memory serves me. That would be cool for all the diorama makers out there. Also, they wouldn't have to choose which dignitary to create, they could just make them all in one shot. I would probably vote for Poof, until they make the entire Jedi Council, I won't rest. Bring on the next poll!!!!!!!!

sunblind
05-03-2002, 10:06 AM
They should make other Pod racer figures 2 packs or something.

Dak Powers
05-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by humsup
They should put DAK on a card.

Yes, they should!

I have #1 and I know #3... But who was #2?

My vote's for Captain Antilles

bobafett07728
05-03-2002, 10:22 AM
#2 was Amanaman. . . Pod racers would DEFINITELY be cool. Especially since the release of Racer Revenge, there is a sortof rebirth of the racers!! I always thought it would be cool to have all the pods, too. I guess if they make the figs I could just custom the pods.

187-Maul
05-03-2002, 11:08 AM
gibbehayes, what you guessed was right about who the imperial dignataries are
I would probably vote for yareel poof
but to be honest I would rather see more cantina/jabba's palace aliens

Dexter
05-03-2002, 01:06 PM
What about R2-A6! That poor droid only gets to exist in the 12" Scale... that's not fair!

Of course, we could always use some figures of Chewie's family... :D

Nataku
05-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey!

Go vote now for Fans Choice #4!

The poll is up at the Hasbro site!

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/vc.cfm?

Here are your choices:
1 - General Rieekan
2 - Nym (from Starfighter Video Game)
3 - Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise
4 - Imperial Dignitary
5 - Stormtrooper (McQuarrie Concept Design)

I'm voting for Rieekan!

Nataku

187-Maul
05-03-2002, 01:49 PM
I voted for Stormtrooper conceptual design
But WTF is that biker scout/rebel trooper doing there?

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Man thats a tough choice!!!

Do I want dignitary? or do I want Rieekan???

I know I definitely dont want the Rebel Trooper or Stormtrooper, & Nym is just silly!!!!!!!!

Guess I will have to go with Rieekan!

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Current tally of votes as of 1:53 PM.........

come on Rieekan!!!!!!!!

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 30 %
Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 9 %
Rebel Soldier(TM) in Scout Trooper(TM) Disguise - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 6 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 23 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 33 %

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Woo-Hoo! My Endor Soldier in Biker Scout disguise suggestion made it into the poll!!! :D:D Too bad it's the wrong Rebel.:mad: Too bad he is in last place. :cry:

Oh well, I voted for him, cuz I really think he would be a cool toy and a chance to give us a much better Biker Scout than the POTJ one.

mylow thehutt
05-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Hu..that was fast.tough choice.does the storm tropper have a lightsaber!

mylow thehutt
05-03-2002, 02:28 PM
banthapoodoo,the votes are different from what you posted,they did that last time,too.

Jargo
05-03-2002, 02:30 PM
It's very unfair to shove the dignitary against the Rebel in Biker Scout disguise. *sigh* it was a tough choice but someone had to go and I thought to myself, there's a rumour that one of the accessory packs coming sometime this year will be a Scout Trooper, so I plumped for the dignitary. Can't remember if that one's Sim Aloo or the other one I can never remember the name of - where's Rollo when you need him :p

Anyways, Rieeken is in the lead unfortunately. What a dopey useless choice that is. BOOOOOOORING! Goodie two-shoes Rebels will never get my vote ever ever ever MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Rieekan or Nym.

I have always wanted Rieekan but can customize him so I would have to say Nym. Even though he probably has a snowball's chance in (!(@#*$%&) my underpants! ha ha

mylow thehutt
05-03-2002, 02:36 PM
the votes keep going down and up like rikeen had 27 then 29 then 24.i'm:confused:

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2002, 02:40 PM
This is my opinion, so dont get all huffy & puffy if you dont agree
(& no, I aint trying to sway the vote :))

Well, just looked again & now the Stormtrooper is back in the lead :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Why??? It was never in any SW anything!!!!! Sure its Ralph McQuarrie but who cares??? Sure hes the concept artist, but I think Expanded Universe stuff is not good. Lets get done with all the stuff from the movies first, then we can have fun with made up stuff...........

With that in mind, I think out of the five the three best choices are Dignitary, Rieekan, & Rebel Scout Trooper.

i thought to myself that there's a rumour that one of the accessory packs coming sometime this year will be a scout trooper

If this is true then really there are only two left.... Of those two, although I wouldnt mind having a dignitary (& I think its really crappy they put two of the good stuff up against each other! :() I had to go with Rieekan. Hey we have to have someone to fight against Tarkin right??? heh heh heh........

Anyway, thats my to pennies............

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 02:41 PM
From the results so far, it is looking like this will be the only fan choice figure I don't buy.

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo Lets get done with all the stuff from the movies first, then we can have fun with made up stuff...........

It's ALL made up. Some of it just got into the movies while others were thought up afterward.

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2002, 02:59 PM
It's ALL made up

What??? You mean SW is not reality???? Man why'd you have to burst my bubble like that??? LOL

what I'm saying is that I think stuff thats from the expanded universe should be put on hold until we've exhausted the characters, creatures, vehicles, etc from the movies (SWEI, SWEII, ANH, ESB, ROTJ)

Once thats done then I am all for anything expanded universe (such as the SOTE stuff, that was cool or things like that)

Jargo
05-03-2002, 03:08 PM
I think the EU stuff should be covered by a different company. Same scale and same detail and aqll that but just taken out of Hasbro's hands. make it a totally different line. That way a new company can do stuff like all the dark horse characters and the concept designs and the novels characters and gameplay characters and Hasbro can concentrate on the movies which they do a much better job of anyway.

Can't believe that this voting is any the less rigged than the last one. Concept stormtrooper? Oh please!!!!!! Rebel as scout trooper maybe, but concept stormtrooper? that's just taking the ****. And that Nym character is just a way to cash in on the poularity or percieved popularity of Kit Fisto with all those friggin head tails. At the end of the day it's all down to what the design team at hasbro want to make not what we vote for. They'll close it all up and pretend to count the votes and instead they're just sitting drinking coffee while sculpting the figure that was going to win anyway before the voting started. How many bets it's the concept stornmtrooper?

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Probably will be the stormtrooper.....
that way they can kiss some mcquarrie booty & all the army builders can buy it & I will never see it at retail anyway!!!!

LOL...... just kidding.......

I want Rieekan dagnabbit!!!!!!!

RooJay
05-03-2002, 03:23 PM
I CAN'T DECIDE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I want them all, but I want the Stormtrooper the least.

RooJay
05-03-2002, 03:30 PM
I forgot...I can't vote anyway!:frus:
I can never remember my stupid Login ID!

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm an adamant army builder but the concept one will not find residence with me. (I may buy 1 just to have it, but army build I will not)
I voted for Rieekan!

He is the most deserving. He at leaset had lines in the movies!

mylow thehutt
05-03-2002, 04:18 PM
I voted for the stormtroper,that light saber is too cool.

Beast
05-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Welll, I called 2 of the figures on the Fan Choice Poll correctly, Rieekan and Imperial Dignitary. Now the tough part, who do I vote for. Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary I both really want, and I bet they will get made one day, even if they loose. Atleast the Dignitary for sure.

Nym is ehh, I like some of the expanded universe, but why did they choose him. Where the heck is a Bothan, atleast they were mentioned in the movies. :( I Biker scout is a cool idea, and would give us another removable helmet trooper, for you Ewok drum makers, but I don't think that's the right charecter at all. Looks like they took someone in Hasbro and dressed him up, instead of blowing up the scene from Jedi for a picture. :(

The Concept Stormie is pretty cool, but if they really wanna do concept figures, do more then 1. I wanna see a nice collector's 9-piece set of figures in a 25th Anniversary packaging of Concept Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, C-3PO, R2-D2, Ben, Vader, and Stormtrooper.

Guess I have alot of thinking to do, but I probably will end up going with Imperial Dignitaries. I love the look of those evil old dudes. Hopefully we get the other one from the Emperor's Throne Room as well, as just a regular release figure. :evil:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Lord 0498
05-03-2002, 05:02 PM
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!!!!

VOTE FOR THE IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Thank you.:happy:

DarthMaulSithLord
05-03-2002, 05:05 PM
The current results over at Hasbro's Star Wars site:

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 27 %
Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 12 %
Rebel Soldier(TM) in Scout Trooper(TM) Disguise-ROTJ(TM) : 7 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 30 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 25 %

I voted for the Imp. Dignitary, but it was really tough. I also want Rieekan and the concept Stormie sounds cool, but it didn't get my vote, because i probably woulden't buy it anyway since it's a rip-off. Same CommTech Stormie body, different head and an Obi-Wan or a Luke lightsaber accessory. I hope they make both Rieekan and the Dignitary. They could even turn it into a 2-pack since the guys don't have much accessories.

:)

187-Maul
05-03-2002, 05:22 PM
why does everybody say first complete the movie figs and then do the EU? I don't care which movie the figs are from or if they even are from the movies as long as the figures look cool I am happy
I voted for stormtrooper and I hope it wins cause at the moment I have my commtech stormies fighting eachother with lightsabers and I want the right troopers to do that:D !

SithDroid
05-03-2002, 05:43 PM
It was a tough decision, but I opted for the McQuarrie Stormtrooper. For a couple of reasons actually.

1) Rieeken has made it on to the polls tiwce now and almost won the last one and is very high in this one, so if he doesn't win at lest Hasbro knows that the fans want him and he can possibly be made later. The same is true of the Imperial Dignitary. If he scores high enough and doesn't nwin, he's sure to be made, hopefully as a pack in with a "NEW MORE THAN 5,000 pieces released Shuttle."

2) If the Stormtrooper does win then hopefully we can see some more of the concept figures get made. My favorite would have to be the COncept Vader, he just looks bad a**.

It will be interesting to see who wins. Nym is cool looking so I wouldn't mind seeing him get made later, but the Scout Trooper/Rebel Soldier I can do without.

corporal AMF
05-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Go riekkan, go riekkan, we're right behind you.!!!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 05:54 PM
I voted for the Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper disguise. Scout Troopers are my fav. Imperial troops in the OT.

RooJay
05-03-2002, 06:10 PM
While the Concept Stormtrooper is the figure I'd be least likely to vote for (if I were able to vote that is!), I would LOVE to see more of this kind of figure made! One item I've always hoped for was a boxed set, similar to the Silver Anniversary 2-packs, based on that first Ralph McQuarrie character design. You know, the one where the Han Solo and Obi-Wan characters made up one combined character, Luke and 3PO characters were both female, Chewbacca looked like a giant Ewok with pointy ears and wore clothes, and Artoo Detoo had arms sticking out of his head! I think that's make a great looking diorama multi-pack, and would be an excellent nod to the fantastic artwork of McQuarrie!

By the way, since I'm incapable of logging in to the site, and can't get in to see the pics of the candidates would anyone mind copying and posting them here so I can have a look too? I'd appreciate it!

Rogue II
05-03-2002, 06:14 PM
I ended up voting for Reikkan, but I am starting to regret it. For me it was a toss up between him and the Dignatary.

I'm wondering if Hasbro threw the EU and the Concept characters in the poll just to see if there was a market for them. I wouldn' t mind getting the concept characters. But, I would rather get characters from the movies that had actually spoke or were visible for more that 2 seconds.

What I hope happens is that the Dignatary wins Fan's choice and next year (being a non-movie year) they release Reikkan. Or vice versa.

stormie
05-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Though any of them would be be welcome by me, I voted for the concept Stormie. I think they'll make Rieekan and Imp. Dignitary eventually (sooner rather than later), but this Stormie idea looks like a one-time shot.

As far as EU stuff goes, someone mentioned that non-movie characters should be made by another company to keep them separate from Saga characters. I disagree. I think if another company made EU stuff, the scuplting, size, etc. would tend to be totally different than Hasbro stuff. I've always thought it'd be a good idea if Hasbro itself just created a separate line for EU (ala Shadows of the Empire). This way, there'd be no real competition whether Saga and EU figures should be made. I dunno. Then again, what do I know. ;)

AmanaMatt
05-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Dignitary for me; Great piece to accompany our Emperor figs

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 07:58 PM
I can't believe Nym is beating the Rebel Soldier.

starwars92590
05-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Can someone give me the current results for the fan choice figure 4? since hasbro won't let me vote.:mad:

BoShek
05-03-2002, 08:16 PM
I had to vote for the General.

Jargo
05-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Why?

Lord Tenebrous
05-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Interesting match. My breakdown, based on the character and portrait shot:

Rebel Soldier: I'd rather just have a very articulated Scout Trooper. They'd probably just reuse the POTJ sculpt and do the new head. And I feel an army builder shouldn't be a fan's choice.

Nym: Interesting EU thing, but the aggressive pose and the lackluster costume just doesn't do it for me.

Stormtrooper: Should stay in the "Art of..." books. And no Star Wars figure should ever come with a shield. And the no army builder feeling. Besides, we have a concept Stormtrooper. It's called a Clone Trooper.

Imperial Dignitary: Funny how he's standing exactly like Chancellor Palpatine. It could be nice, but it's not a figure I'd like displaying, and figures with long robes worry me anymore. It could be great, like Amidala (Theed Inv), or it could be really bad, like Nute Gunray. It's not a sure thing. And it's an army builder.

Gen. Rieekan: Sure, it's a human character. But normal human sculpts are pretty good, especially if it's like Dooku or BoShek. I like the character, the image, it just works the best out of all five. And I'd like him to have the cheesy label of Fan's Choice #4.

Dar' Argol
05-03-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by starwars92590
Can someone give me the current results for the fan choice figure 4? since hasbro won't let me vote.:mad:

starwars92590, I merged your post here since everyone is talking about the figs and the results.

Beast
05-03-2002, 08:58 PM
I ended up going with the Imperial Dignitary, I love those creepy old british guys. Need to get him and his buddy so they can advise my Palpatine figure. :evil: :D

Here is the current results as of 10:00 PM Est.

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 26 %
Rebel Soldier(TM) in Scout Trooper(TM) Disguise - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 5 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 33 %

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
05-03-2002, 09:23 PM
I voted for the Imperial Dignitary!!!!
Finish making the figures from the original line!!
Rieekan is just another very very boring Rebel.
I could care less for Nym, I want the characters from the movies, there are plenty to be made. I'd take Rieekan over this guy.
Rebel soldier in Scout armor will just be a resculpt of the unarticulated POTJ SCout Trooper with a new human head on it.
THe only reason I would want this guy would be if it had super comtech stormie articulation, which it wont.
The concept stormtrooper looks awesome but I want them to stick to the movies or we will wind up with more crap like cold weather Obi wan.

Digintary!!!!!! Dark Side Adepts to go with the Emperors arrival on the Death Star scene.

Taichi
05-03-2002, 09:58 PM
I know you want the Imperial Dignitary (Which is the current leader).....

but think about it....

A Mc Quarrie Concept Stormtrooper.....with a lightsaber!!!!

that would rock!!!

Lightsaber troopers.........they'd be the coolest unit of an imperial army!!!

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 10:03 PM
Just give a stormtrooper a light saber . . .

Beast
05-03-2002, 10:06 PM
No thanks, while the figure is cool, the only way I would want a Concept Stormtrooper would be in a 9 figure boxed set of all of the main charecters in their original concept versions. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, and Stormtrooper. :) http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/swart/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
05-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Ugh....

so we get an Imperial Churchie????

god, they're ugly....

WHO CARES IF EVERY SINGLE VINTAGE FIGURE GETS REMADE AS A POTF2/POTJ/SAGA figure????

that's totally anal......

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 10:21 PM
It's just that a stormtrooper with a light saber is the easiest custom in the world. I dunno --- The fan's choice poll started off with a bang! Duros! Totally cool! It's been downhill ever since. Amanaman, that big brown glob of no screentime --- and now we'll be getting some lame concept stormtrooper. Thank God these polls are well spaced out. The fans appear to have lousy taste. I'm still smarting over the loss of R1G4.

Lord Tenebrous
05-03-2002, 10:27 PM
I only consider Rieekan and the Dignitary to be legitimate choices. They have so many ugly aliens, galactic officers, and droids to choose from, and they give us this?

It's bad enough they put Amanaman in the deluxe line, but now they're flipping through "cool-looking" scrapped pictures. Maybe I'll blame 4:20 on this. That's the only way such a shoddy line-up could have been assembled.

Beast
05-03-2002, 10:32 PM
I think the Dignitary is going to win, and I couldn't be happier. Though Rieekan and the Concept Stormie are doing well, hopefully they will do well enough that we get them as well sooner or later, or atleast Rieekan. I still say no Concept StormTrooper unless they do a set of all of them. After all, we ended up getting Eeth Koth, and he lost the 1st poll, and so did Teemto Pagalies. :D

Current Results as of 11:30 PM Est.:

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 26 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 32 %

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
05-03-2002, 10:38 PM
so which ever one wins out of those is made into our next toy. god, i hope nt.

Wolfwood319
05-03-2002, 10:39 PM
I can honestly say that I have no interest in any figure based on any conceptual art figure. The only figures I want from this poll are Reikeen and the Dignitary. I also think that a Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper uniform is a bad idea for a figure. You can just customize one of those, if you want one that badly.

I think that both the Dignitary and Reikeen should get made, but since we have very little good Hoth figures, and we have yet to get the Dignitary in any current line, I voted for him.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Boy, me and the other guy who voted for the Rebel in Biker Scout disguise are going to be pretty disappointed when this poll is over. But if he has to lose then the Imperial Dignitary should win since he would have been my second choice.

I think the Biker Scout Rebel dude would make a great action figure; but that's mainly because I like Biker Scouts and figures with removable helmets so much. However, I think if they had actually used the blonde bearded guy who wore the disguise in ROTJ, this figure would have a much better showing than with that mook in Hasbro's picture. Check out the Old Forums, somewhere in there I make one of the first requests for this guy (if not the first). I just hope Hasbro doesn't think nobody wants him based on this showing. I'm sure plenty of people would buy him if his existence wasn't threatening the production of these other figures.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2002, 11:59 PM
After looking at all the options, I thought the concept ST was the ONLY choice. Riekan and the Imp are a couple of good ideas that I've been kind of wanting, but they are freekin lame compared to the stormie.

Come on!! It's a b-tchin looking stormie with a lightsaber. How cool is that?! Why settle for old men figures or characters that never appeared in the movies (where the heck was a rebel solder disguised as a biker scout in ROTJ?).

I hate resculpts as much as the next guy, but I can't see how this couldn't win. Everyone's always grabbing up STs for army builders so why wouldn't you want another set?

Beast
05-04-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Why settle for old men figures or characters that never appeared in the movies (where the heck was a rebel solder disguised as a biker scout in ROTJ?).
When Han and the other rebels are taken captive, and they show the Endor Rebel Sodiers in a group with Stormtroopers holding them prisoner, there is a Biker Scout with his helmet off, and his hands on his head. That's him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-04-2002, 12:13 AM
If I wanted an altered movie character with a sword and shield, I would have gone after Uzay's Head Man by now. :)

I could see if it was "Stormtrooper with 30 points of articulation". That's a fan's dream. But why a stormtrooper with a lightsaber? They're not Jedi...they're lucky if they can hit something. :D

MikeAndTheBots
05-04-2002, 12:13 AM
I think that the storm trooper with the saber shouldn't even be considered. EU should be handled after they run out of stuff to make figures of from the actual movies. Hey, I still want a new Kyle Katarn Figure (lightsaber and the whole package) but does hasbro care? No, they'd rather consider someone who was never really seen in action. The Imperial Dignitaries should be made later too, they had what, a combined 5 seconds total screen time (unless I'm getting them confused with some one else). Reikan (SP) should definately get the figure. If they can make a figure of cantina alien #3 and Jabba's Palace gangster #5 they surely should amke a figure of a guy who had a bunch of lines and was important to the over all story.
btw: do they have pics of the characters on the site? It won't let me in without registering and I don't want to register.
Abtw: Was there even a rebel disguised as a scout trooper in ROTJ? I don't really remember that...

edit: sorry if I reposted stuff, I type slow as all hell.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 12:38 AM
To settle it once and for all, the Rebel in Biker Scout disguise IS in ROTJ. Here is a picture of a cut scene from ROTJ. Just after this, you see Han and Leia going down the stairs of the Imperial Base; in the background you see this guy walk onscreen and put his helmet on. Obviously the loser from Hasbro's photo is the wrong guy, I'm thinking he's an ILM employee doing a test fitting. The Rebel Biker Scout dude is also visible when the captured Han and gang are taken up to the surface, he is seen with his mask off and his hands over his head looking rather embarrased.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I can't believe all the people voting for Riekan and the IMP. All everybody did when the CT ST was released was grab up 100 for some diorama. Why wouldn't you want this stormtrooper also? It looks just awesome and with a lightsaber too! How can anyone pass it up.

What the heck are those figures going to have for accessories? A bottle of Geritol? False teeth? Those funky big tinted glasses to wear while driving? I can't believe everyone wants those old man figures over something cool like the stormie or even the biker dude.

OK, I give up. Why don't we make a Dick Cheney X-Wing pilot figure while we're at it too. :)

Beast
05-04-2002, 12:43 AM
Thank you Big Barada, I know I have seen a good picture of him before. Mind if I take it and mail it to Hasbro, with a note that they have the wrong guy in the Fan's Choice Poll? I suggest everyone do the same. Even if the figure doesn't get made, it would show Hasbro they don't have to use goofy looking people from their office to fill in for charecters. Just ask the fans. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-04-2002, 12:48 AM
Why don't alot of us want this Stormtrooper? Cause he never appeared in the movies at all. And why have 1 concept figure, when there are other charecters that Ralph McQuerrie did design sketches for. If they wanna do concept charecters, do them as a special Fan Club set of charecters. Not in the basic line. Besides, I for one would prefer them finishing off the vintage line. Viva la Dignitary!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 01:14 AM
Thank you Big Barada, I know I have seen a good picture of him before. Mind if I take it and mail it to Hasbro, with a note that they have the wrong guy in the Fan's Choice Poll?

Sure go ahead, it's not my picture. I hope we see this figure made, despite looking like he is going to take last place in the poll. If Hasbro makes one with the wrong face, it's easily costumizable into the correct Rebel. It would be impossible to customize a POTJ Biker Scout into this guy since the damned helmet on that Biker Scout is too small, even if you can ignore the stupid pose.

For the record, I'm not campaigning to get people to vote for the Rebel Biker Scout dude, vote for who you want. I just want everyone to be clear that he WAS in ROTJ, you just need to look for him. I would really like to see him win, though.

JediTricks
05-04-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Amanaman, that big brown glob of no screentimeI believe he's green and yellow. :D

I like the idea of a Concept stormtrooper, though I'd want it to have its shield too. Honestly, I think all 3 of the top contenders right now are pretty good choices, but Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary are a little lower down my list than a concept stormie.

The EU figure and reb in imp's clothing don't do it for me AT ALL though.

Sidiously Darth
05-04-2002, 04:23 AM
Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan! Rieekan!

Jargo
05-04-2002, 06:31 AM
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!
IMPERIAL DIGNITARY!

I wave my hand in your direction and your feeble minds are in my control. You will vote for the imperial dignitary and you will love the figure once it is made. You will have nothing but praise for the excellence of the old fat man.......... :rolleyes:

DarthMaulSithLord
05-04-2002, 07:22 AM
Imperial Dignitary 2-Pack & Single carded General Rieekan with Echo Base console!!!

Make them Hasbro!

:D

john2001
05-04-2002, 07:29 AM
where are these pictures of the preposed fan coice #4 - I can't seem to find them on the hasbro site.

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 07:32 AM
The Rebel Soldier would probably have elbow articulation so he could put his arms behind his head.

Jargo
05-04-2002, 08:15 AM
john2001, go to the website and click on 'voting chamber' from the drop down menu under 'bounty hunter'. When the page loads (assuming you logged in and you're a site member because you can't vote otherwise) there should be pictures of each of the choices with a short biography of each one. Next to that is tha actual voting form. :)

Voting currently stands at:

Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 31 %
Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 11 %

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 08:18 AM
There's no chance for the Rebel Soldier. :(

Jargo
05-04-2002, 08:23 AM
There's still six whole days left of voting Battle Droid. A week is a long time in politics....... I mean voting. Anything could happen in those six days. :)

Dar' Argol
05-04-2002, 09:58 AM
Here is the running as of 11am EST:

Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 24 %

I for one voted for the EU Stormie. Not for the Saber, not for the Sheild, but for the design. The face mask and little differances in the armor. I for one like the EU. I think it really adds to the entire SW universe. of course, I'm probably gonna catch flack for voting for him, oh well:rolleyes:.

BanthaPoodoo
05-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Maybe we'll get lucky & end up having 33% for Rieekan, ID, & EUST!!!!

That way they cant decide which one to make & make three of em!!!! LOL!!! A chance to make more money??? Surely they wouldnt turn that down!

2-1B
05-04-2002, 10:19 AM
I have never been presented with such an easier choice, the Imperial Dignitary received my vote!

What's this talk about completing the vintage line? :confused:
The Imp Dig pictured is not the same character that the vintage line offered. I do own the vintage, so I do admit to being a bit hesitant going in - but once I saw the pic it was a no-brainer. :D

Taichi
05-04-2002, 12:47 PM
First off, that's all it is.....people want the vintage line to be completely resurrected......

why else would they be begging for Madine, all the Ewoks, the Dignitary, and all the others that haven't been resurrected yet?

furthermore, the Lightsaber Stormie is not an easy custom, because the design of the costume is different.........

were it just a stormie with a saber, I'd pass, but it's not........

I just don't see the benefit of having another old guy, just so one more vintage figure is rereleased......

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Actually, I think alot of people want those figures because they like those characters . . . I still say that LAME-O stormtrooper would look pretty silly next to the other figs IMOP.

Frankly, I can't believe that there wasn't even a droid in this round. That EU character Aime or whatever --- I'd never ever even heard of him?! Boring choices all around.

By the way, "The brown pile of goo" I was referring to is the Third Fan Choice figure. One I have so little interest in, I can't even remember his name . . .

Sorry, I'm just getting increasingly bitter. Dang! I wish R5-D4 was on that list. Frankly, I'm about to abandone all hope for seeing this guy. Seriously! What is the hold up? Did they discover that R5-D4 didn't sign a waiver or something . . . .:sur:

Note to SIR STEVE: PLEASE ADDRESS THE R5-D4 ISSUE AT THE NEXT HASBRO Q. & A. I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT SO FAR IT HASN'T BEEN ADDRESSED.

JAYPEA
05-04-2002, 03:54 PM
As far as I know R5-D4 is coming out soon.
Jason.

evenflow
05-04-2002, 03:56 PM
I am so pumped that they will be putting a EU figure on the poll this time around. I would prefer Yarna D'al Gargan over everyone though.

Beast
05-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Results as of 5:00 PM Est.:

Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 24 %

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
05-04-2002, 05:38 PM
I voted for the General because my troops need someone to boss them around.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Notice how this poll is notably absent of large sized aliens? Looks like Hasbro is getting tired of them winning the polls.;) I really was hoping that Hermi Odle or Yarn Dal Gargan would make it onto this one.

This selection totally blows the previous formula out of the water since there is no EP1 or EP4 figures even offered.

Rogue II
05-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Actually, I think alot of people want those figures because they like those characters . . . I still say that LAME-O stormtrooper would look pretty silly next to the other figs IMOP.

Frankly, I can't believe that there wasn't even a droid in this round.

I really want a new R5-D4 myself. I'd even settle for a set of droids like the stormtrooper army building set that is coming out. Just a bunch of generic R2/R4 units.

Anyway, I still think a Concept art set would be nice, if they did it like the Hong Kong Anniversary set. Make it an exclusive, since not everyone wants it. It would be silly to produce just the concept stormtrooper, so might as well make the set. My guess is that Hasbro just threw him in there to see if there would be a market for it.

Speaking of Collectors Choice, isn't that Ephant Mon looking pretty cool?

evenflow
05-04-2002, 11:19 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, i voted for the Dignitary. I would have preferred if it was another EU character.

2-1B
05-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Taichi
......I just don't see the benefit of having another old guy, just so one more vintage figure is rereleased......

I do respect your position but it does not quite apply here as the Imperial Dignitary pictured on the ballot has never been made before. :)

Beast
05-05-2002, 02:43 AM
Results as of 3:30 AM Est:

Not much movement going on in the poll. Since 11 AM yesterday morning when Dar'Agol reported the last results, Riekeen has held steady, Rebel Biker Scout and the Concept Stormie went up a point, finally Nym, and the Imperial Dignitary dropped a point. Hopefully the match ends with a dead heat between the Imperial Dignitary and General Rieekan, so we get both. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
05-05-2002, 03:03 AM
For the record, I voted for the Imperial Dignitary. The other choices just didn't grab me at all.

Sidiously Darth
05-05-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry but it is my opinion the Gen. Rieekan is a much better choice. Not only did he have significant more screen time but he has customizing properties way beyond the Imp. Dig. A few head swaps and maybe some hand swaps, bam, you have several rebel officers. And on the other hand, you have one single solitary Imp. Dig. But that's just my opinion.:D ;)

Beast
05-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I'm sorry but it is my opinion the Gen. Rieekan is a much better choice. Not only did he have significant more screen time but he has customizing properties way beyond the Imp. Dig. A few head swaps and maybe some hand swaps, bam, you have several rebel officers. And on the other hand, you have one single solitary Imp. Dig. But that's just my opinion.:D ;)
We are voting for the figure, not the figures customizability. But hopefully it's a dead heat so we get Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary. Besides in Tycho's poll a while back, 758 forum members voted, and 92.74% of them want a new Imperial Dignitary. So it seems likely that is who is going to win. You can check out that poll here: Imperial Dignitary Poll (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4107) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
05-05-2002, 02:09 PM
A dignitary is a Dignitary, is a dignitary.....since these guys didn't have names until recently, how do we know they didn't release this guy before????

we've only had one dignitary before, who's to say who the hell it was?????

2-1B
05-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
A dignitary is a Dignitary, is a dignitary.....since these guys didn't have names until recently, how do we know they didn't release this guy before????

we've only had one dignitary before, who's to say who the hell it was?????

Well, I for one am to say "who the hell it was" since the 2 in question obviously wear different headpieces. ;)

Beast
05-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Exactly, there are 5 different dignitaries total in Return of the Jedi. Only 2 of them are prominant charecters, the one with the tall hat that we got in the vintage line, and the one that is pictured for the fan choice poll. The other three are kinda silly looking, one looks like a similar costume and hat to the one in the fan poll, then there is the pirate guy, and then finally Jonathan "Teletubbie" Winters. :D Frankly if the Dignitary wins the poll, we need a 2-pack of the 2 Dignitaries that appear in the Emporer's Throne Room. :)

Here is a picture of all 5 of the dignitaries. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=42649

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

neimoidian85
05-05-2002, 02:25 PM
NYM! Who is Nym? Why couldn't they give a well known EU character as a choice?!

Beast
05-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by neimoidian85
NYM! Who is Nym? Why couldn't they give a well known EU character as a choice?!
Nym is from the Jedi Starfighter game. Frankly they should have put a darn Bothan in as the EU choice, I would have voted for one of them. Atleast they are actually mentioned in the movies. I like the EU figures that have been made, and some of the books and stories, but I would rather have somthing from the movies. Or atleast if they are going to do EU, do a seperate line like Shadows of the Empire one. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Current Results As Of 4:15 PM Est.:

General Rieekan(TM) - The Empire Strikes Back(TM) : 28 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 26 %

SithDroid
05-05-2002, 03:23 PM

Nym is from the Jedi Starfighter game. Frankly they should have put a darn Bothan in as the EU choice, I would have voted for one of them. Atleast they are actually mentioned in the movies. I like the EU figures that have been made, and some of the books and stories, but I would rather have somthing from the movies. Or atleast if they are going to do EU, do a seperate line like Shadows of the Empire one. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No kidding. A separate EU line would be perfect. They could release 4 different waves a year, winter, spring, summer, and fall. Plus if they limited it to 4 figures per quarter then we could get 16 per year, at about 7 years left in the line that's 112 figures total, which should be plenty (hopefully) to get most of the EU figures we want. Come on Hasbro is that too much to ask for?

Forhekset
05-05-2002, 04:23 PM
I thought the Stormtrooper looked coolest, so that's where my vote went (ducks to avoid the barrage of rotten fruit).

Speaking of EU, I wish I could get my hands on a Dark Trooper without having to pay $30 + on eBay for one :(

Sidiously Darth
05-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Heck, we need a new R5-D4 before an Imp. Dig. How about a few more ewoks before the Imp. Dig.? I have nothing against finishing the vintage line. Actually, I'm in favor of that but there are other figures much more worthy of being made than the Imp. Dig. or most of the figures in that poll. What's more important, leading the Rebel Alliance or standing around waiting for the Emperor to decide you've been breathing his air too long? BTW, why does the Emeperor need Imp. Digs. for? Do you think he really gave a womprat's ***$ what they thought? For evil sake, he was in charge of the entire galaxy. I'm sure 5 guys in silly robes really made a difference. Meanwhile, G.R.'s getting his butt shot off in an ice cave on Hoth. I think we can see who was really earning his pay. Which brings me to the only logical conclusion:

Vote For General Rieekan!!!

Rogue II
05-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Heck, we need a new R5-D4 before an Imp. Dig. How about a few more ewoks before the Imp. Dig.?

I voted for the General, and it appears that he is slowly catching up to the Dignatary.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the ewoks though. We already have 5 different ewoks:

Teebo, Wicket, Logray, Paploo (from AT-ST), and Ewok with Glider (from the Complete Galaxy).

Just give us 1 dignatary before they make more ewoks. And the next Ewok better come with the Celebration Imperial Xylophone, yub yub.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I for one voted for the EU Stormie. Not for the Saber, not for the Sheild, but for the design. The face mask and little differances in the armor. I for one like the EU. I think it really adds to the entire SW universe. of course, I'm probably gonna catch flack for voting for him, oh well:rolleyes:

Don't worry about it DA. From the posts on this thread, it seems like most people are planning on moving to Florida soon and having dinner at 4 at Denny's. :)

It seems like the fan voting poll has been overrun by AARP. I just can't understand it. Everyone clamors for more stormies, buys them up like they were made of gold or something, but then whines about a kick-a one saying "Oh dear, it's a crummy resculpt."

Well, I have faith that the old men figures will end up in the nursing home getting yogurt enemas while the concept stormie prevails. Here are the results as of 4 PM mountain time...

2-1B
05-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Hey, that's not fair - AARP should have a say too. :D I think it's refreshing because after 3 aliens won for being so "cool", an old dude is the perfect anti-cool.

Of course, I am in favor of electing a droid sometime - I'll vote for any droid in the 5th poll. :)

aharry
05-05-2002, 05:46 PM
Um...not to get off the subject but does the dignitary on the bottom center in Jarjarbinks picture look alot like Tom Baker of Dr. Who fame? If it is, I need to read credits more carefully.

mylow thehutt
05-05-2002, 10:05 PM
every one wants the EU,but when given the chance no one wants them.whats up.still want Rieekan to win.

Lord Tenebrous
05-05-2002, 10:29 PM
From the posts on this thread, it seems like most people are planning on moving to Florida soon and having dinner at 4 at Denny's.

All the really great characters in the classic trilogy - Palpatine, Vader, Yoda...R5... - aren't exactly what I'd call young. :)

And now we have Dooku in that group. :cool:

Obi-Don
05-05-2002, 11:14 PM
I know I will get blasted for this, but I would like to see some dark Jedi made. Darth Bain(?) would be one that comes to mind.

Sidiously Darth
05-06-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

I voted for the General, and it appears that he is slowly catching up to the Dignatary.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the ewoks though. We already have 5 different ewoks:

Teebo, Wicket, Logray, Paploo (from AT-ST), and Ewok with Glider (from the Complete Galaxy).

Just give us 1 dignatary before they make more ewoks. And the next Ewok better come with the Celebration Imperial Xylophone, yub yub.

I was just kidding about the ewoks.;)

Rogue II
05-06-2002, 07:02 AM

I was just kidding about the ewoks.;)

Ok, cool. I'm not kidding about the xylophone.:crazed:

SNAYSON
05-06-2002, 10:31 AM
i voted for the stormtrooper McQuarrie Concept Design. :crazed:

Dak Powers
05-06-2002, 10:53 AM
I don't understand why they don't give us a broader selection... If I weren't a completist, I wouldn't buy any of those figures. Though I'm a Rebel stickler, so Rieekan would be calling me.

Vote Rieekan for president! The dignitary sucks

Darth Ovori
05-06-2002, 11:22 AM
The blue Twi-Lek' twins in TPM...

Oh yeah!!!

Thats my pick...

Beast
05-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Current Results as of 12:30 PM Est.:

RooJay
05-06-2002, 12:49 PM
Seriously though...anyone care to help me out with the pics? I seriously can't log in.

Beast
05-06-2002, 01:11 PM
Here is the only thing I have Roojay, once you vote you can't get back to the page to view the full length charecter pictures. If I can find a way to log out and get some pics I will. Enjoy this for now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 01:14 PM
am I the only one that thinks the Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper diguise would be UBER cool???

Beast
05-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Well, I got an email back from Hasbro after sending them the picture and info about the Rebel Trooper in Imperial Scout Trooper Disguise. Here is what I sent to them:

Greetings,

I noticed you are running your Fan Choice figure #4 poll, but in the entry for the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise, you seem to have someone from your office, or somthing in the outfit. That is not what the charecter in the movie looked like. The one that wore the Biker Scout uniform was an older man with a beard. I am attaching a photograph from a cut scene of Return of the Jedi that shows Han Solo handing the Rebel Trooper his helmet. I hope that this gets corrected soon.

It looks like the Imperial Dignitary is going to win, but if you get decent numbers for Riekeen would there be a possibility of him being made as well, since he is a fan favorite. You have made other former fan choice losers as figures, Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies are examples. Thank you for your time.
And as usual, all I got was a stupid form letter E-mail, so I doubt that it will be changed to the correct Rebel. Not that it matters, since the figure has a snowballs chance on Tatooine of winning. Here is what I got back. :rolleyes:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you enjoy our products.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I know I will get blasted for this, but I would like to see some dark Jedi made. Darth Bain(?) would be one that comes to mind.

How about a crossover figure: Darth McBain.

"Ya, I'm going to pump you up to the Dark Side."

Rogue II
05-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey JarJar,

That message you got back from Hasbro sounds more like a generic auto-response. I wonder if anyone from Hasbro with decision making authority has even read your message yet.

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
am I the only one that thinks the Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper diguise would be UBER cool???

I do! I have been asking for this figure for almost a year now! Although Hasbro has the wrong guy in their photo.:mad:

Battle Droid
05-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Yeah, me too!

Hellboy
05-06-2002, 06:53 PM
I would be happy with most of the choices but the Imperial Dinatary would be the coolest and most original I think.

Rogue II
05-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy

I'm not against this figure, I just think there are LOTS of other figures they need to make(and resculpt) first. He is just such a minor character who has little screen time. Most people probably didn't even notice him until recently (like me).

neimoidian85
05-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Was there ever a Rebel Trooper in Scout disguise in the movie?

Rogue II
05-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Yes, you can barely see him when they had all the Rebels rounded up outside the bunker. Also, I think someone posted a pic of him from a cut scene somewhere in this thread.

Beast
05-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Was there ever a Rebel Trooper in Scout disguise in the movie?
Yes, he does appear in the movie. Read back a few pages, It's on the bottom of page 5, and the top of page 6. Sadly Hasbro has the wrong charecter pictured wearing the biker scout outfit, so even if he wins, unless they correct it, the figure won't be right. :( And here is a link to the picture that Big Barada posted. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=76508

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

neimoidian85
05-06-2002, 08:17 PM
In other words, he wasn't in the movie, just in a cutscene?

Beast
05-06-2002, 08:21 PM
In other words, he wasn't in the movie, just in a cutscene?
Yes, he's in the movie. When the Imperial Officer and the Stormtroopers take our heroes captive, it pans over to the squad of Endor Rebel soldiers with their hands on their heads. There is a lone Biker Scout in the group of soldiers, with his helmet off and his hands on top of his head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally sent by Hasbro to JarJarBinks
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you enjoy our products.

How funny is it that Binksy sent them a letter critiquing their foolishness, and they respond with a pre-canned thank you note for how much he enjoys their products ? :crazed:

:frus:

:mad:

RooJay
05-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Thanks for posting those pics JJB! Whatta pal!
This guy does appear in the movie. TWICE actually! He can be seen in his Scout Trooper disguise, as JJB says, when the rebels are captured, but he is also visible at least one other time in an earlier Endor scene in his Rebel Commando's uniform as the group stalks through the forrest looking for the bunker. I will concur that the guy Hasbro has pictured is NOT the same character from the movie! Guess it's a good thing he's not gonna win since it looks like Hasbro would've made the WRONG character anyway! Just the same, I still want a figure of the actual character. All in all this guy gets more screen time than Aurra Sing, and we DID get a figure of her!

Beast
05-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
How funny is it that Binksy sent them a letter critiquing their foolishness, and they respond with a pre-canned thank you note for how much he enjoys their products ? :crazed:

:frus:

:mad:
Well, I do enjoy their products....from a certain point of view. Would have been nice to get something more then that, in response to trying to correct them over the mistake. Atleast I got a personal reply to the POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper pants error and the Han Solo: Endor Gear pants error. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Still waiting for Hasbro to reply to my inquiry over Ketwol's pants error. :crazed:

:D

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Thanks for posting those pics JJB! Whatta pal!
This guy does appear in the movie. TWICE actually! He can be seen in his Scout Trooper disguise, as JJB says, when the rebels are captured, but he is also visible at least one other time in an earlier Endor scene in his Rebel Commando's uniform as the group stalks through the forrest looking for the bunker. I will concur that the guy Hasbro has pictured is NOT the same character from the movie! Guess it's a good thing he's not gonna win since it looks like Hasbro would've made the WRONG character anyway! Just the same, I still want a figure of the actual character. All in all this guy gets more screen time than Aurra Sing, and we DID get a figure of her!

On top of that, when you see Han, Leia and the strike team entering the bunker, he walks up with his back to the camera and is putting his helmet on. Just before that, when they capture the lone Biker Scout you can watch this guy set his gun down and begin to get undressed so he can put on the Biker Scout outfit. Which makes me wonder if the Imperials found their buddy tied up in the bushes in his underwear. Kind of hard to live something like that down.:D

Beast
05-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
On top of that, when you see Han, Leia and the strike team entering the bunker, he walks up with his back to the camera and is putting his helmet on. Just before that, when they capture the lone Biker Scout you can watch this guy set his gun down and begin to get undressed so he can put on the Biker Scout outfit. Which makes me wonder if the Imperials found their buddy tied up in the bushes in his underwear. Kind of hard to live something like that down.:D
Maybe that will be in the Archival Edition of the film. I'm betting that poor guy threw himself on an Ewok Spear, rather then live with the taunting that the rest of the Imperial Forces would give him. Poor guy. :D

Current Results as of 12:00AM Est.:
Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 10 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 29 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 27 %

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
05-06-2002, 11:19 PM
go Stormtrooper - McQuarrie Concept Design!!

RooJay
05-06-2002, 11:46 PM
GO EVERYTHING! YAY!:D

RooJay
05-06-2002, 11:48 PM
On top of that, when you see Han, Leia and the strike team entering the bunker, he walks up with his back to the camera and is putting his helmet on. Just before that, when they capture the lone Biker Scout you can watch this guy set his gun down and begin to get undressed so he can put on the Biker Scout outfit.
...and thanks for that! Not having watched ROTJ in a while, I'd forgotten about those scenes!

Tycho
05-07-2002, 04:13 AM
REIKEEN! NOW!

Why? (my personal reasons)

1) He's lost a Fan's Choice poll before. Most of us DO want him made, let's give him the chance before he runs out of them!

2) I need Reikeen to complete my Echo Base diorama. True I could use a pair of Imperial Dignitaries, and I DO want all the vintage redone for the modern line, but they'll have their chance. There's still time.

3) Can't use the Concept Stormie in a diorama. To go with what figures? No thanks!

4) Rebel in Bikerscout disguise? This scene in ROTJ is so incidental... forget it!

5) EU from Starfighter stuff? How about Timothy Zahn books, Jude Watson's, or Dark Horse Comics? Then I'll want it. From something that continues the rich history and legen behind my heroes ongoing lives. I want characters that are both new, and interact with all of the old ones. Like the Noghri for example. The Yuuzhan Vong for another.

And there you go. I voted for General Reikeen. And that was why!

gibbspaulus
05-07-2002, 06:52 AM
So the Rebel/Biker Scout guy from ROTJ is incidental...

Have you looked at the lists people have posted previously for their choices. Do we need anymore abstract, just-about-see-him-over-chewie's-shoulder cantina aliens, or the many never-heard-of-unless-you've read-all the-EU-books ones? I mean,. who is the cantina alien coming this summer? The one that looks like the guy from an old Star Trek episode?

Maybe I miss the point. Maybe I'm not dedicated enough to know every factoid about every extra's character name but I think the barrel has already been scraped enough. Give us a DoDonna (or however you spell it), or the imperial digniatary.

I'm still waiting for the old woman who tell Ani to go home from EP 1.....

I'm not having a go at you, Tycho.

hango fett
05-07-2002, 07:10 AM
yarell poof. please! or just get the rest of the PM council guys. they are almost done for AOTC so, no complanties here, but they needed the watto a while ago.

Rogue II
05-07-2002, 07:58 AM
I've noticed from JarJarBinks' posts that the poll is slowly working its way to a 3 way tie. 2% points seperate the top 3. Granted, they probably know the exact number of votes and just round off to the nearest whole number.

Does this mean they will call the winner Fan's Choice #4 and just throw the 2nd place figure somewhere in the regular Saga line?And since the concept Stormtrooper is doing well, should we expect to see a Concept Art set sometime?

Also, since the EU figure isn't doing well, does that mean we can kiss off any new EU in the any near future?

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm for the concept stormtrooper. i know others feel differently about the concept stormtrooper but Habro will eventually make the movie characters anyway.
The fan choice is a good shot for something obscure like the concept stormtrooper to be made. I would have never though about having the concept stormtrooper being made as a figure.

hmmm, is there a concept figure series coming out in Hasbro's future lineup?

only time will tell (and fan popularity, which the stormtrooper, although behind a bit, is holding up in the vote):crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Although I'm behind the concept stormie 100% and scorn those of you who would pick figures from the geritol set ( :) ), I'm really glad that Hasbro does these fan polls. I liked the Duros, hated the Amanaman, lukewarm to the Ephant Mon, but I know there are several people that like all of them. So I say, whoopie for you. If stormie doesn't win, I'll definitely go on a jag and personally hold all of you who threw your vote away by voting for Nym instead of the stormie. Damn you people! Did you also vote for Nader? You always throw your vote away when you go "third party."

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :dead:

Dak Powers
05-07-2002, 10:24 AM
I haven't liked anybody that they've put out as Fans' Choice... The Duros was alright, I guess, but that's only because of his shiny silver disco suit.

Beast
05-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Current Results as of 12:00PM Est.:

The Imperial Dignitary jumped back into first place after almost a three way tie with General Rieekan and the Concept Stormie last night. Here are the changes since midnight last night.

No Change:
General Rieekan
Nym
Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise

Went Up:
Imperial Dignitary (Up 1%)

Went Down:
McQuarrie Stormtrooper (Down 1%)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
05-07-2002, 11:37 AM
I've just voted for the Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design...

I honestly cannot understand why people would want a boring figure of some old hag like the Imperial Dignitary... It's just so totally boring!!!

Jargo
05-07-2002, 12:44 PM
No more boring than the Emperor. No more boring than pepperpot Amidala travel gown. He's a force adept, he's the Emperor's evil deed doer. He's a baddie. Rieeken is dull as old dishwater. grey boring and goodie two shoes. Yawn yawn yawn. And the Hoth outfits are so dated looking. The dignitary is wearing an unusual outfit with a splash of colour, he's a dark eyed evil looking SOB. Concept figures take up the room in cases that a regular character should have. Lando in smugglers outfit for instance could be made instead of some pathetic attempt at visualising in 3D a paper design that didn't work to begin with which is why it wasn't ever used in the movies. EU characters should be reserved for the unleashed line and the 'emerging teen market'.

Wolfwood319
05-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
No more boring than the Emperor. No more boring than pepperpot Amidala travel gown. He's a force adept, he's the Emperor's evil deed doer. He's a baddie. Rieeken is dull as old dishwater. grey boring and goodie two shoes. Yawn yawn yawn. And the Hoth outfits are so dated looking. The dignitary is wearing an unusual outfit with a splash of colour, he's a dark eyed evil looking SOB. Concept figures take up the room in cases that a regular character should have. Lando in smugglers outfit for instance could be made instead of some pathetic attempt at visualising in 3D a paper design that didn't work to begin with which is why it wasn't ever used in the movies. EU characters should be reserved for the unleashed line and the 'emerging teen market'.

Here Here!

I hope on the next "fan's choice" they will have 2 more movie characters to choose from instead of an obscure "EU" figure or some crappy figure from a concept picture.

I'd want a Reikeen, but they need to do a lot more Hoth stuff before a Reikeen, IMO. (Like updated sculpts of Luke, Han, and the Hoth Trooper.)

I can't believe though that we have to "vote" to get figures remade from the vintage line in a poll like this. Amanaman and the Dignitary should've been made regardless.

Beast
05-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I can't believe though that we have to "vote" to get figures remade from the vintage line in a poll like this. Amanaman and the Dignitary should've been made regardless.
They probably will have been made regardless, but Hasbro likes to make us feel important by giving us a choice. If the losers were never going to see figure form ever, it would be one thing. But we did get Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies is coming, and both of them lost in the original Fan Choice contest. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 01:07 PM
that's why i voted for the stormtrooper concept! the movie characters will eventually get made regardless. i wanted something different. :crazed:

Tycho
05-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Really... just vote for who you like. If enough others do, I'm sure your favorite will be looked at. Someone mentioning that Eeth Koth and Teemto Pegules did get made, does make a point.

I want Reikeen more than any of these, so I'm comfortable with that vote.

There's always petitions and chances that other figures will be made anyway in case your favorite doesn't make it.

I do not think the concept Stormie isn't cool, nor that if Nym doesn't win, EU won't be made. Nym is very different from probably the most demanded figures from COMICS or BOOKS that are established continuity (versus concept art). I'd guess that were Talon Karrde, a Noghri, A'Sharad Hett, Kir Kanos, Jaina Solo, Villie, or Quinlan Vos - or especially a Yuuzhan Vong Warrior in this poll, the EU fans would be much more vocal. Nym doesn't even appear on the radar next to those! (and Hasbro knows that!)

By the way, I did suggest to Dark Horse, Del Rey, and Hasbro to package figures with comic books or in 2-packs to patronize the EU. For example, Quinlan and Villie with an old extra issue of Twilight on a large card, similar to the way they did SOTE. The bottom line is that it's up to Lucasfilm Licensing. Later I'll see if we can find the right e-mail address to petition them for such a thing. Then perhaps we can still have the EU figures as Darkhorse exclusives, or retail store exclusives, while at the same time, it will not effect the regular carded figures (that appear in the movies) and the production numbers on their line.

Good solution?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
that's why i voted for the stormtrooper concept! the movie characters will eventually get made regardless. i wanted something different. :crazed:

Exactly! If we wanted the same old figures of old men, we'd start collecting "Masters of the Nursing Home."

Bring on the stormies!!!!!

RooJay
05-07-2002, 02:57 PM
I've recently hit upon a revelation. I think it's safe to assume that most characters that make it to the Fan Choice polls have been put on the list because of the large number of requests that Hasbro has received for figures of them. In that sense, shouldn't they all be considered winners? For most of these characters, I would think that if Hasbro has been asked to make figures of them often enough for them to be included on a popularity poll that it's quite obvious that they ALL should be made! This is what I'm hoping for. This is what I think has a strong chance of happening! I'm thinking that all we are voting for is who we get NEXT (or first). Like I said...that's what I'm hoping for at least.
I really do want to see all of these figures made. It's for that reason that I would refuse to vote for any of them, even if I could! We have to have the Imperial Dignitary! I've always wanted a General Rieekan figure (We need someone to help lead our Hoth forces, and besides...he reminds me of my grandpa! That's a good thing!), the Rebel in Scout Troopers clothing has always been perhaps my favorite background character (plus, I think it'd be great to have another rank and file rebel with a distinct face; that having been said, the guy pictured in the poll is definitely not the right guy!), Nym is a really cool looking character (plus, everyone here should know how much I love the EU, and how much I'd LOVE to see more EU figures!), and the concept Stormtrooper is just really cool looking, and a damned great idea in my opinion! There's room in my collection for all of 'em! Bring 'em on Hasbro! EVERY last one!

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
perhaps we can still have the EU figures as Darkhorse exclusives, or retail store exclusives, while at the same time, it will not effect the regular carded figures (that appear in the movies) and the production numbers on their line.

Good solution?

Tycho,

i find that a really good solution.

RooJay
05-07-2002, 03:00 PM
By the way, I did suggest to Dark Horse, Del Rey, and Hasbro to package figures with comic books or in 2-packs to patronize the EU. For example, Quinlan and Villie with an old extra issue of Twilight on a large card, similar to the way they did SOTE. The bottom line is that it's up to Lucasfilm Licensing. Later I'll see if we can find the right e-mail address to petition them for such a thing. Then perhaps we can still have the EU figures as Darkhorse exclusives, or retail store exclusives, while at the same time, it will not effect the regular carded figures (that appear in the movies) and the production numbers on their line.

Good solution?
GREAT IDEA! The comics are begging for the exposure, and the figures are DYING to be made! Can figures die?! Anyway, you know what I mean!

RooJay
05-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I'd also like to point out that if the concept Stormtrooper gets made, that we would then be one step closer to a pretty sizeable concept designs series! We have the original EU sketch book series figures that came with the concept Snow Speeder, Cloud Car, and Speeder Bike (those sucked pretty bad though! There are plenty of other, much cooler designs for those pilots AND their vehicles!), Jedi Armor Qui-Gon, Sith Apprentice Darth Maul, and soon Sith Training Maul! I for one would love to see more produced in a seperate line along side the Saga series!

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 03:11 PM
me too. but then again i'm for anything that becomes a star wars figure. can't get enough.

brentfett
05-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Voted for the Imperial Dignitary. Here are the standings as of 5/7/02 5:15 PM EST

Darth Ovori
05-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Please People, stop voting for old, boring, corrupted men... :D

Vote for the stormtrooper concept... Dammit it will come with Lightsaber, blaster and a shield...

And its a McQuarrie Concept, the man that to my opinion created the StarWars look we love...

MikeAndTheBots
05-07-2002, 05:12 PM
See I don't think nym should be up there. If they want an EU character from one of the games they should have a new Kyle Katarn. Rieekan is closing in too (then again he has been for a week :) )

Beast
05-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
See I don't think nym should be up there. If they want an EU character from one of the games they should have a new Kyle Katarn. Rieekan is closing in too (then again he has been for a week :) )
Actually had they really wanted to offer a EU figure that alot of people would have voted for, including myself. They should have put a Bothan in the Fan Choice poll. I like the race, and they were actually mentioned in the movies. Heck, I even plan to play one when Star Wars galaxies comes out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-07-2002, 05:26 PM
I agree that another EU choice should have been made. Still, I hope that the Dignitary wins.

Rogue II
05-07-2002, 05:44 PM
Just to refresh my memory, Bothans were mentioned in the movies, but never seen, right?

MikeAndTheBots
05-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Just to refresh my memory, Bothans were mentioned in the movies, but never seen, right?
Yeah, Mon Mothma mentions them before the attack on the 2nd death star saying "Many Bothan spies died to give us this read out" or somehting to that effect. I don't remember seeing any.

RooJay
05-07-2002, 06:13 PM
I'd like a Bothan also, but I'd prefer they look like Borsk Fey'lya did in the Heir to the Empire comic or on the cover to Vision of the Past. I'm a fan of the more camel-like Bothans, as opposed to the more lion-like versions we've seen in the comics and RPG's from time to time. The Star Wars Galaxies version is great!

corporal AMF
05-07-2002, 06:18 PM
C'mon guys Riekkan will come with a radar screen or console and maybe some hoth accs., considering the saga package.........What can come with a dignitarie? Only the other dignitarie !:mad:

Jargo
05-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Lalalalalalalala lalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala - I can't hear yoooooooou corporal AMF!!! lalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalala............ :crazed:

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information......" *trails off in despair* :happy:

Does that mean the Bothans were involved in building the Death Star then? How else could they get access to the plans if they weren't working at the shipyard where the space station was constructed? There's hope for a Bothan in episode three then.......

Bring on the weak old men figures! Bring on the old dudes, bring on e the weak old evil dudes to finish the Emperor's throne room off nicely. There's bound to be a Luke Jedi Knight resculpt at some point to finally finish it all off but just give us the dignitaries so at least something can be achieved in full from this sporadically and incompletely released toy line. Just vote for The Imperial Dignitary and leave the concepts where they belong - on the drawing board. Leave the EU where it belongs - in the books and comics.

Beast
05-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Besides, you just know that the Imperial Dignitary is going to win. Emporer Jargo and I are both pulling for them, and it's a rare occurance when him and I agree about somthing. ;) :D

Love the new avatar Jargo, so fitting for the contest. I suggest that until the poll is over, all of us supporting the Evil Crafty Old Imperial Dudes should adopt Jargo's avatar as our own. :)

Oh, and corporal AMF...thats what we are hoping gets packed in with the dignitary when he wins. Can't have just one evil advisor to the Emporer. Two is much more fun. :evil:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
05-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Results as of 8pm EST:

Can I just ask you guys a question without getting "EU stinks!" crammed down my modem? What is it about EU that so many ppl hate? I for one love the books and comics. I was happy when they put out the EU line. I finally got Admrial Thrawn, one of my favorite baddies after Palpatine! Why is an EU so bad, but another sculpt of Luke or Vader or old dudes that have less screen time then Arrua Sing ok??

I just don't understand :rolleyes:. Its all SW to me :D.

Jargo
05-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Now that would be freaky, loads of people using the same avatar. Kinda like a big electioneering rosette - sort of thing.....

Well feel free. The more support the better for the EVIL OLD DUDES! Vote for the Imperial Dignitary, that concept Stormtrooper is cruel to puppies and the EU character Nym is really an exiled communist dictator. The rebel soldier isn't who he says he is and is really a spy from the IRS. General Rieeken wets the bed. At least the Imperial Dignitary has bladder control - just......

Vote for the Imperial Dignitary, SCARY EVIL OLD DUDE! :D

The EU is just made up fluff whereas the movies are real Star Wars. it's a purist thing. Not in the movies? Don't want to know about it. Might be a nice design but the movies come first and foremost. And the Imperial Dignitaries had a heck of a few seconds more screen time than lame brained pathetic Aurra Sing. The Imperial Dignitaries at least had a reason to be in the movie as cohorts and aides of the Emperor. They may not have spoken but at least one of them was to have had lines. Aurra Sing was just a bystander with boobies that George fancied. She really served no purpose apart from giving an ageing man a nice dream.
The Didnitaries are ther to show how dark the Emperor's closest circle is, how shadowy and corrupt and wrinkly with pure evil intent. The add colour to the Emperor's existence, they add menace to the faceless Empire, They whup the tush of Vader. :) Ok I made up the whupping part but they're senior in rank to him. They flesh out the character of the Emperor a little.
Aurra Sing could just have been a chick waiting for a bus as far as I'm concerned. A lowly backpacker or a womp rat hunter. Nothing about her or her appearance in the movie gave any indication that she was anything other than a spectator at the races. For movie purists she is nothing - NUUUUUUUURTHING I tell you!! :cool: okay?

Beast
05-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Can I just ask you guys a question without getting "EU stinks!" crammed down my modem? What is it about EU that so many ppl hate? I for one love the books and comics. I was happy when they put out the EU line. I finally got Admrial Thrawn, one of my favorite baddies after Palpatine! Why is an EU so bad, but another sculpt of Luke or Vader or old dudes that have less screen time then Arrua Sing ok?? I just don't understand :rolleyes:. Its all SW to me :D.
Dar'Agol, it's not really a hate thing. But just look at who Hasbro choose to represent the EU in the fan poll. Nym???!!! What in the hell? There are alot better choices then him for a EU charecter. Like I mentioned before, I would have voted for a Bothan.

I think most of us wouldn't mind an EU line, if it was a seperate line and didn't interfere with the number of actual movie figures that was coming out. Right now our mindset is, for every EU figure that never was in the movie that gets made, that takes away a chance of us getting a figure that does appear in the movie.

And if the Vader or Luke is vastly different and better then the last one, I would prefer them as well. As to old dudes that have less screen time then Aurra Sing? I hope you're not talking about the dignitaries. They have alot more time on screen then that silly Centobite, they also are alot cooler charecters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
05-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Yes, why is EU so bad? Technically it can be argued that ALL the figures are EU since they are intended to let children act out their own storylines to expand on their experiences with the film! Why is it so bad for us to get more new characters to add to the story? I can see why some people might not like some, or all of the stuff that has gone down in the EU, but that's the beauty of Star Wars! Lucas has given us character, and a universe to enjoy as we see fit. If you don't like the EU stories make up your own! In the meantime, I want my EU figures! I want them alongside any new movie figures too! I can make room for both!:happy:
I DO agree that Nym is not the right choice for the poll though! Let us vote on the characters we REALLY have been dying for! You can give us Nym later on down the line.

Darth Ovori
05-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Ignore this post!

RooJay
05-07-2002, 07:16 PM
I think most of us wouldn't mind an EU line, if it was a seperate line and didn't interfere with the number of actual movie figures that was coming out. Right now our mindset is, for every EU figure that never was in the movie that gets made, that takes away a chance of us getting a figure that does appear in the movie.
That's not entirely true JJB. Every figure we buy keeps the line going for that much longer. If we buy up all the figures we're offered at that particular moment Hasbro will reward us with new figures to take their place! I do agree that this should be a separate line alongside the regular line though. I'm tellin' ya Hasbro, we'll buy both!

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't hate all EU, just some of the stuff that happens during the OT and all the stuff that happens after ROTJ. I'm completely uninterested about Luke's adventures after the films. Now the stuff that takes place during the prequels and before ANH, I really like. Namely the Jedi Apprentice Books, the Books surrounding TPM, like Rogue Planet, and the two Han Solo trilogies. However there aren't any characters from those books that I would really be interested in seeing in action figure form except for a Jedi Quest Anakin.

I try not to condemn EU so much anymore; but the clone Emperors and the NJO stuff and so on, just doesn't interest me at all.

MikeAndTheBots
05-07-2002, 07:28 PM
I love EU. I think fan choice figures should stick to the movies though and when all the significant characters are done, go on to EU. Having EU as a seperate line was good JJB. And they picked a crappy guy for this poll anyway.

Dar' Argol
05-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Well, you are right JarJar, Nym was a bad choice. I also would not mind having a Bothan.

I don't hate all EU, just some of the stuff that happens during the OT and all the stuff that happens after ROTJ.

Why is that Big-B, I'm just curious? Some of the best stories I have read have come after ROTJ. I finished Spectors of the Past by Timothy Zahn and I am despertly looking for the 2nd part, Visions of the Future. I thought this was an excellent book and very well thought through. What about the Rouge Squadron series? I would love to see some of the Rouge Squadron made into figs. We could have Asyr Sei'lar, that would give JJB his Bothan, Corran Horn a Force sensitive pilot who was trained by Luke, Tycho Celchu and Tycho could have his . . er . . . Tycho, There is even a Gamorrean male who is a pilot! How cool would it be to have a Gomorrean X-Wing pilot! Plus then we could get Jaina Solo. The possiblities are endless.

Here's another thing to think about. If Hasbro does not find out there is a market for EU characters(forget the line they did b/4, it was pitiful), what makes you think that after they do all the "offical" character that they will explore EU. The movies will be long over by then. If they get into the EU line now, and establish a market, then they could continue to market SW long after the movies.

Its just my opinion, but I really think an intergrated EU line would be best. But I am not Hasbro:zzz:.

Wolfwood319
05-07-2002, 08:01 PM
I enjoy certain aspects of EU, but not all of it. Just about everything after ROTJ, with the exception of Zahn's trilogy, I don't care for. Once Vader and the Emperor died, no other baddie came close to interesting, except Thrawn.

I do like the stuff that happens pre-OT, like the Han Solo trilogy. I also like the EU surrounding the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. Kyle Katarn is a pretty cool character, IMO.

I just thought that some of the post-ROTJ EU stories are pretty far fetched. Like all the NJO stuff, kind of weak, IMO. I also don't like the character of Mara Jade, and she's everywhere in EU.

Go Imperial Dignitary!!!:D :D :D

MikeAndTheBots
05-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

I do like the stuff that happens pre-OT, like the Han Solo trilogy. I also like the EU surrounding the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. Kyle Katarn is a pretty cool character, IMO.

Right on :D

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 09:15 PM
hasbro's EU choice for the current vote is not a very popular one.
they could have picked another one. as for the EU stories after ROTJ, quite a handful of good ones out there. If they weren't popular, then why is ther new stories being made? obviously there is success outside the big screen, and remeber B4 Star Wars came to life on the big screen it had to start out as a written script. Lucas had a vison of his fair tale story and turned it into great visual effects. EU keeps star wars fresh with new stories and creative imagination. It's not science, it's scienc fiction! love the movie characters but i also love to have new, different characters.

i'll buy any figure that is star wars related. Star wars is just so cool. (star trek on the other hand is kind dull)

HASBRO, MAKE MORE FIGURES! i don't care,if that character is a mojor player or some obscure character, just make them!

'nuff said!!

just enjoy the fact that hasbro is giving us this many choices of star wars figures!

2-1B
05-07-2002, 09:19 PM
Jargo, I have joined the campaign. :)

EU - ooh boy, I don't dislike it all, it's just too silly sometimes. By far my biggest complaint is the Clone Emperor. What? Vader's sacrifice is now cheapened? He didn't really kill the Emperor? :rolleyes: It's foolish to take the dead villain and insert his consciousness into a cloned body. Bah!

Now Thrawn, there's a good villain. It makes sense that there would be remnants of the Empire left to deal with, but given the story arc of the films there really should be no greater threat to the galaxy than Vader/Palps. And Thrawn as an Imperial commander poses a strong yet limited threat. But toss in a few Luuuuuuuuuuuuuke clones and a cloned Joruuuuuuuuus and it gets too silly. Maybe the title Expanded Universe should be changed to Attack of the Clones. :D

Tycho
05-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Well for those of you who remember when I had time to do Rogue's Gallery, you know I love the EU.

We were tying the book reviews in with polls for action figures from particular series or stories.

BigBarada: you like Prequel EU. So for figures how about:

the young Grand Moff Tarkin in Republic Navy Uniform.

Young Obi-Wan (from Jedi Apprentice)

Xanatos Dark Jedi

Bant Erin - Mon Calamari padawan

Siri - Adi Gallia's apprentice

and if you read the comics:

The Dark Woman - Jedi Master
A'Sharad Hett - Tusken Jedi Padawan
Quinlan Vos - Jedi Master
Villie - Devaronian
Ros Lai - Dathomir Nightsister

and more?

They interact with existing figures for those who take them out of the packages. To me, it's more appealing than concept figures.

So we have to be careful how we define wanting more expanded universe. I definitely want the ones I listed!

Beast
05-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Welp, I also have adopted the Emporer and Dignitary's avatar that Jargo created, in support of cranky old british action figures everywhere. I also changed my signature to show my support for him. How can you not want more evil old british action figures, they are so much fun. Besides, we are getting that rebel scum General Madine this year, so let us Imperial lovers have our new Dignitary! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbspaulus
05-08-2002, 03:35 AM
Madine's alive!!!!! My God - the vintage version always looked like a school teacher, really not very exciting at all. Hopefully they've made him a little interesting. What freebies does he come with?

Tycho
05-08-2002, 03:46 AM
Yeah. Where did you hear this, JarJar?

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JarJarBinks
[B]Besides, we are getting that rebel scum General Madine this year, so let us Imperial lovers have our new Dignitary! :)

is that true? Is Hasbro releasing General Madine this year?

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 09:05 AM
i'm still for the concept stormtrooper.

Beast
05-08-2002, 11:13 AM
A Rebel Officer appeared early on some internal Hasbro Documents and was associated with ANH. Which meant it was either Dodonna or Antillies. The latest lists show the Rebel Officer listed under Return of the Jedi, and it is a seprate listing then the Endor Rebel Soldier. The only Rebel Officer in Return of the Jedi that it could possibly be is "General Madine". Tradefederation.net and a few other sites have confirmed it's Madine, and they were right about the E2 Watto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Tempto Pagalies and others. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
05-08-2002, 12:16 PM
My vote just went to Reeikan, he deserves it. Never been made character with lines ina movie, we need him.

Tycho
05-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Well the way I see it, we need Crix Madine, as well as Carlisst Reikeen from ESB, and Jan Dadonna, and Garven Dreis, and Colton Antilles from ANH.

I also want the Imperial Dignitaries (2 of them - Sate Pestage and ??? (the guy they originally made a Kenner figure of).

None of these could hurt. I think the figures that are / were part of the Kenner vintage line WILL get done, that the Hasbro folks seemed to indicate it was a goal they'd aim for (what - there's only about 12 more figures left anyway).

So I conclude that a vote for the more obscure Reikeen (who yeah - does have more speaking lines than any of these characters listed - or equal to that of Dadonna and Red Leader) is a vote well worth it!

2-1B
05-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Damn, what I have I started? :(

I put a campaign slogan for the Dig in my sig line, but now today I find that Dak Powers and Tycho have launched a counter campaign. :mad:

You will not foil our plans! You here me ? ? ? The dignitary will win! :mad:

May the best old guy win . . .
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Rogue II
05-08-2002, 02:04 PM
The voting for these 2 are close enough where Hasbro should make both. I say let Reikkan be Fan's Choice #4 (he will come with better accesories) and produce the a new cinema scene with a new articlated emperor and not 1, but 2 Dignitaries. That way, both the Reikkan fans win AND the Dignitary fans win.

...but what do I know?

BanthaPoodoo
05-08-2002, 02:36 PM
You know that Janson's a good shot!!!!! LOL

Mandalorian Candidat
05-08-2002, 03:18 PM
OK, we're not pulling punches any more. The gloves are now off. Jargo and Tycho, you not going to get away with pulling the wool over anyone's eyes with your phony-baloney figure campaign anymore. The truth is out there now! We all know that the Imp. Dig. and Rieekan are just full of hot air and empty promises of two prunes in every pot and a yacht-sized Cadillac in every garage.

You'll all see that the concept stormie is the figure of the future! Complete with kick-A lightsaber, shield, and old-man-butt-kicking armor, he'll stand up and fulfill every army builder's desire. While they're busy putting in their dentures and getting that old man smell out of the house, the stormie will be raising the roof!

So, let's tell the AARP they've got to go, stop wasting votes on figures that won't win, and choose the real winner: CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

If they can do it, we can do it! Adopt my slogan and let's pull the plug on these nonagenarians!

bigbarada
05-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Well for those of you who remember when I had time to do Rogue's Gallery, you know I love the EU.

We were tying the book reviews in with polls for action figures from particular series or stories.

BigBarada: you like Prequel EU. So for figures how about:

the young Grand Moff Tarkin in Republic Navy Uniform.

Young Obi-Wan (from Jedi Apprentice)

Xanatos Dark Jedi

Bant Erin - Mon Calamari padawan

Siri - Adi Gallia's apprentice

and if you read the comics:

The Dark Woman - Jedi Master
A'Sharad Hett - Tusken Jedi Padawan
Quinlan Vos - Jedi Master
Villie - Devaronian
Ros Lai - Dathomir Nightsister

and more?

They interact with existing figures for those who take them out of the packages. To me, it's more appealing than concept figures.

So we have to be careful how we define wanting more expanded universe. I definitely want the ones I listed!

I'd like to see some figures from the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest books, namely young Obi-Wan and a teenage padawan Anakin. However, even though I do enjoy those books, I would have little interest in a sustained line of action figures. Even the EU characters that are put out now, while they look really cool, I just can't justify buying them with my limited budget if they didn't appear in the movie.

I'm actually really hoping that once Ep3 is released that we will see maybe 2 or 3 years worth of new figures and then Hasbro will let the line retire. It has to come to an end eventually, and without the drawing power of new movies, fan interest will die yet again.

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 03:23 PM
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! OH, BY THE WAY, GO CONCEPT STORMTROOPER!

Dar' Argol
05-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Here's the results as of 6pm EST:

Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 27 %

Look at this, both the Rieekan and the evil old dudes have slipped a little. But who's this coming up from behind?? Why its the Concept Stormie!!!:D :D :D :D

Go stormie, go stormie go stormie. . . . . .

mylow thehutt
05-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Bet Rieeken will squick by and win just like Ephant mon.

xboywonder
05-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 28 %

I had to Vote for the Stormtrooper... McQuarrie is GREAT !!
besides I've got enough old men rattling around in my collection.

mylow thehutt
05-08-2002, 05:02 PM
or the tropper may squick by and win.......hell anything is possible,i'm going home.

mylow thehutt
05-08-2002, 06:14 PM
i think Rieekan should win,since we are getting Crix next summer,all we'll then need is Genarl Donna.

eliwankenobi
05-08-2002, 06:17 PM
My vote's for Rieeken. There's not enough Hoth figs (speaking of Hoth figs, weren't they supposed to be making a female Hoth gunner officer?).
I don't understand what the draw is with the Imperial Dignitary. He's a statue! He has no use whatsoever except to gather dust next to Palpatine.
And the Concept Stormie is cool as a concept, but let's leave him there. What are we supposed to do with these? Make little "concept" dioramas? Look at the previous 'concept' prods. Bor-ing!!
I still think Hasbro needs to make some key characters that we haven't seen yet and quit bothering with these 2-second background characters. Let's see Gen. Dodonna, Gen. Madine, Maj. Derlin. I'd also go for any new sculpts of Stormies or Hoth Rebels.

mylow thehutt
05-08-2002, 06:29 PM
rumores have it Mainden is on for next year,and the holth gunner your talking about,forgot her name but if this is true and it's who i think it is then alot of fans will be very happy.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-08-2002, 06:41 PM
All right! The stormie is gaining steam while the crusty old dudes stop to feed pigeons! Let's spread the word and send Rieekan and his Imp buddy to the island of misfit toys!

Hey, for all you guys wanting Rieekan! If you have a vintage hoth soldier at home just stick a miniature package of Depends under his arm and voila, you have a Rieekan! :D

Sidiously Darth
05-08-2002, 07:06 PM
My sig line says it all!!!:happy:

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 07:49 PM
go concept stormtrooper!

mark2d2
05-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Argh! That trooper will be the biggest waste of plastic since Amanaman. The fan's choice figures seriously just get lamer and lamer. Thank God these polls are few and far between.

Jargo
05-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I don't care anymore. Have your Rieeken or your stormtrooper and may they rain about your ears in pegwarming quantities enough to drown you in your folly. I have bigger fish to fry :(

2-1B
05-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Yaddle for Fan's Choice 4 !
Let's elect a write-in candidate.

Beast
05-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Ahhhhh, Ceaser....I'm Blind!! :D :crazed:

Actually I would love to see Yaddle this year, hopefully she has a chance to see plastic in next years Cinema Scene return. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 10:13 PM
Well I voted for the concept Stormtrooper. I think it's an AWESOME looking design, but I have no idea if Hasbro would do justice to it.

If Stormie doesn't win though, I would like the Dignitary just as well. :)

Beast
05-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Current Results as of 12:30AM Est.:

Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 29 %

No change on Rieekan, Nym, or Imperial Dignitary since last report, both RS:STD and Concept Stormie have gone up a point. Looks like there is a good chance of a three way tie for first place, or atleast a two way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Go Rieekan!! You can do it!

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 12:02 AM
I know the results were posted like 20 minutes ago, BUT:

Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 28 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 29 %

The Stormtrooper pulls into the lead! Boo! Hiss!

2-1B
05-09-2002, 12:09 AM
See what happens when people split over the old guy vote? :mad:
If all of you Rieekan voters would just stick with the Old Guy Party favorite and not siphon votes away from the Dignitary, then we wouldn't have to worry about the "Stormtrooper" winning! :p

:D :D :D

Beast
05-09-2002, 12:12 AM
I sense somthing, Hasbro having to recount the votes again like they did for the Twi'lek Masseuse poll. I refreshed it quite a few times in a row and noticed the Dignitary go up a point, and then all of a sudden see the point drop again and then Stormie gain their point back. Man, people have no ethics when it comes to Star Wars, do they. :frus: :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 01:37 AM
As long as the Imperial Dignitary or Rieekan win I will be happy. I have no interest in a concept Stormtrooper.

Rogue II
05-09-2002, 07:20 AM
I sense somthing, Hasbro having to recount the votes again like they did for the Twi'lek Masseuse poll. I refreshed it quite a few times in a row and noticed the Dignitary go up a point, and then all of a sudden see the point drop again and then Stormie gain their point back. Man, people have no ethics when it comes to Star Wars, do they. :frus: :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You're right. At this point in the voting, I'm sure there have been several thousand votes. It should take several hunderd votes for one character to change a percentage point.

Either that, the state of Florida took over the voting results.:crazed:

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 08:40 AM
guys!

i would love to see all those characters made into figures! What happens if there is a two way or a three way tie? Do we get to see them made?

hmmm....go stormie!

Hasbro, please make The Imperial Dignitary and Rieekan ASAP!

xboywonder
05-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I had a really tough time trying to decide between the Stormtrooper and Rieekan... I ended up choosing the Stormtrooper - I think it would be great to see a whole McQuarry collection - Luke, Vader... That would be cool. But truthfully if Rieekan wins I will still be happy. If it goes to The Imperial Dignitary - so be it, one more old man.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Concept Stormie is moving ahead!!

Stormtrooper- 30%
Rieekan-27%
Nym-10%
Dignitary-28%
Rebel Biker Scout-6%

I'm sorry, but a stormptrroper with a lightsaber is just too cool for me not to love.:)

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 10:51 AM
I think it's a bit bogus myself... What's a stormtrooper with a lightsaber if they can't use it well? They'd end up chopping off their own appendages, not to mention limbs from fellow stormtrooopers.

C'mon, Rieekan, you can get there!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Yes! The stormie pulls into the lead! I knew sanity would eventually take over once the nursing home shut their doors for the night. It looks like some people are already throwing their sour grapes about the whole thing. :D

Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 28 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 30 %

evenflow
05-09-2002, 11:04 AM
That totally sucks. I hope the Dignitary pulls back into the lead.

BoShek
05-09-2002, 11:11 AM
I don't want the Concept Stormtrooper to win! I hope Rieekan or the Imperial Dignitary pull ahead!

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 12:00 PM
No Sour Grapes here. Just the third Fan Choice figure I don't buy. Sorry, but apparently the Fans Suck Seriously, ever since the truly Amazing Duro --- the Fan Choice figures just get lamer and lamer.

Oh, well. Another seven dollars saved.

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 12:04 PM
I DON'T MIND, I DON'T CARE. HASBRO, JUST KEEP THE FIGURES COMING!

GO STORMIE!

xboywonder
05-09-2002, 01:34 PM
I think the Fan Choice is great... I have been happy with all the winners - Sure Amanaman was kinda floppy and soft, but he looks great in my Jabba's Palace.

I agree with SNAYSON - Keep'em coming !!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Woo hoo! The stormie is starting to pull away! Here are the results as of 1 PM MST (5/9).

Nym(TM) - Expanded Universe (TM) : 9 %
Imperial Dignitary(TM) - Return of the Jedi(TM) : 27 %
Stormtrooper(TM) - McQuarrie Concept Design : 31 %

It's like an avalanche baby! No one's gonna stop it now!

2-1B
05-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Mand Cand, if you can live with the idea of getting the Stormie only because the two old guys are so popular, well then you can have it. :rolleyes:

Just be aware of the facts! :D :D :D

Sidiously Darth
05-09-2002, 02:25 PM
I also see a recount coming. I'm sure a lot of the pro-Stupid-Trooper, I mean Stormtrooper are registering over and over again with bogus names just to up the vote. I voted once and only once. It's a shame not everyone can play by the rules.:cry: I see a lot of pegwarming concept troopers if this keeps up.

BTW, I would much rather have an Imp. Dig. than the concept trooper.

Just kidding on the Stupid-Trooper thing...He He He!:crazed:

Jargo
05-09-2002, 02:29 PM
......:dead:.......

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 02:34 PM
i'm with you Mandalorian Candidat

i only voted once and only once. I have nothing againts General Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary, but eventually those are bound to becoming action figures anyway. I want them (General Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary) for scenes, but i really like how the concept stupid-troo... oops, i mean stormtrooper looks. If they become peg warmers, i'll gladly buy a small army.

hmmmm...go stormie!

GeneralKenobi
05-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Concept Stormtrooper is leading the poll...how rigged is that? Geez at least give us a Rieekan or Imperial Dignitary...two characters that were in the movies!

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 02:48 PM
How you can say that the Stormtrooper was rigged, Oh cheez only the honest ones voted for the 2 old guys...

Thier all effected, by this stupid voting system... :(

PS, popularity, McQuarrie is popularity....