PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Collector's Club

Wonderboy
05-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Alright fellow LAers...we've all talked about...so let's just do it. Whose in?

goldwizz
05-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Im in..... Tell me what happens next?

JodyB
05-02-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm in... Let's set a date to have a meeting or something involving beer.

Wonderboy
05-02-2002, 05:51 PM
mmmmmmm beer....

Brett3xmvpfavre
05-02-2002, 08:26 PM
not quite la but LA county here (lancaster)! if theres anything i could do im in (keep in mind no beer for me im a minor) oh how much it sucks to not have a drivers license!

Wonderboy
05-03-2002, 06:19 PM
So I found the Bespin figs today...they are out...why are you reading this??? GO FIND THEM! hehe

CrunchyNug
05-03-2002, 09:20 PM
I just love clubs. And toys. Seems like I found the right place. We should plan a field trip to a really cool toy store. Has anyone been to the new FAO in LA? :D

Count me in for some serious collecting!!! :crazed:

Turbowars
05-04-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm game. Where do we go from here, how about TRU or Target:crazed:

stillakid
05-04-2002, 10:23 AM
I think we should start out by talking about some personal tragedies in our lives that have brought us to this poin....

Oops, wrong thread.

Yeah, if there was some way to keep an accurate day to day list of everybodies wants and needs, then when we're all out and about and see something that isn't available elsewhere, then it might work out. The hardest part is just keeping up with everybody's inventory.

Turbowars
05-04-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
I think we should start out by talking about some personal tragedies in our lives that have brought us to this poin....

Oops, wrong thread.

stillakid, your not referring to the holy thread are you? LOL

Turbowars
05-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Hey Brett3, I live in Burbank, but have been working in Lancater. Where's the best place and time to pick stuff up out there?

stillakid
05-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
stillakid, your not referring to the holy thread are you? LOL

What? Me?

figrin bran
05-04-2002, 09:46 PM
i would love to join in! apparently there are a few of you that live within my immediate vicinity

Turbowars
05-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Hell, what are we waiting for! Lets get together. We need a central location. Lets start by telling each our locations and maybe we can find a good spot, that serves Beer and Long islands.;) I'm in Burbank, but will leave this little town that live in a bubble for a get together. Come on Guys and Gals don't be shy.

stillakid
05-05-2002, 11:54 PM
We need a central location.

There's that overlook on Mulholland just off of Cahuenga. That's pretty central.:D

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 12:25 AM
I'm in Burbank as well ;)

figrin bran
05-06-2002, 01:11 AM
i'm in los feliz

JodyB
05-06-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm in Venice... but work in Studio City... I mean I pretty much live ther because of my job... not that it's a bad place to work... nevermind... I'm gonna start rambling

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 01:12 PM
There are quite of few of us that will be at this showing...I know I will be there bright and early the morning of the 15th to assure uber seats...would any of you like to join me??? It'll be a HOOT!!!

JodyB
05-06-2002, 01:52 PM
I would love to... but I gotta work that day and the next... I would but I got a long drive...

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 02:32 PM
JodyB: QUIT YOUR JOB! THIS IS STAR WARS MAN!!! ;)

JodyB
05-06-2002, 04:09 PM
I wish I could... but it pays really good!

Wonderboy
05-07-2002, 12:46 PM
yeah...but if you were a TRUE fan you would quit...whatever. You disgust me...wannabe STAR WARS boy!!! hehehe Totally kidding!

JodyB
05-07-2002, 05:53 PM
If there is ticket's still avalible... I'll be going... but I gotta work during the day Wednesday

JodyB
05-08-2002, 07:33 PM
And this one should be called the Wonderboy-JodyB chit chat room too!

figrin bran
05-08-2002, 09:34 PM
oh! sorry. am i interrupting? ;)

JodyB
05-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Common people!!! Let's get this thing moving!!:D

Turbowars
05-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey lets start posting our finds in here, so sirsteve doesn't get bend anymore.

swjunk
05-15-2002, 08:02 PM
I am in, as long as that crazy Turbowars is not!!!!!! LOL!!! HAHAHA!!!

You can't drink at the overlook!!

As I have mentioned to Turbowars my house is available. I live in the San Fernando Valley, near Encino.

It seems that the most central location maybe the TRU on Los Feliz in Glendale, or the LA ZOO.

Turbowars
05-15-2002, 08:07 PM
OK that's it! I'm gonna kick some @#$%&^%$#%$#^%$#%$ then I'll *%^&%(*^()*^!!! Hey why arn't you standing in line with the rest of the freaks?;0)

swjunk
05-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Already have tickets. Remember I am the crippled.

Turbowars
05-15-2002, 08:20 PM
I don't care if you are the crippled, you need to be sitting in line to get the best seat in the house! Did you get my Freeze frames?

stillakid
05-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by swjunk
I am in, as long as that crazy Turbowars is not!!!!!! LOL!!! HAHAHA!!!

You can't drink at the overlook!!

As I have mentioned to Turbowars my house is available. I live in the San Fernando Valley, near Encino.

It seems that the most central location maybe the TRU on Los Feliz in Glendale, or the LA ZOO.

Anywhere in the West Valley would be just fine.;)

swjunk
05-15-2002, 08:28 PM
I will have the FFs tomorrow when you stop by.

I am up for getting together anywhere.

We need a master list of needs.

figrin bran
05-16-2002, 08:21 PM
hey, i was just wondering if any of you guys might be catching any of the showings at the Vista theater this weekend?

swjunk
05-16-2002, 08:24 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys really wanted to get together????

Turbowars
05-17-2002, 06:37 PM
SWjunk, you know I'm up for getting together. Come on guys, Wonderboy stillakid etc... Lets get together at SWjunks place. You guys have to see his collection! Bad @SS. Oh and E2 Was also Bad @ss! I loved it.

Wonderboy
05-18-2002, 09:34 AM
I am TOTALLY down with getting together! I would love to hang out with all of you...

You tell me when and where and I'm there.

LETS DO THIS!

Also, I'm looking to start a Star Wars Roleplaying game group (geeky as hell I know, but I think it would be a blast!) The new revised rules just came out featuring all the ATOC stuff, and its looking badass...JodyB and I both picked up the book, so if anyone is interested in playing, let me know and we can go from there. For more info on the game go to: www.wizards.com then follow the links to the SW section.

And just to put this out there...if anyone see's 12" Jangos today...if you have an extra hand and can grab me one...I would GLADLY come pick it up and pay you for it this weekend. I can't go out hunting today, and I have a feeling that I'm totally going to miss it. So if anyone can help me out...I would be VERY Greatful.

Alright...HH all! Let's get together!

JodyB
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
I'm totally down also... and I too am looking for 12" Jango

swjunk
05-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Please everyone indicate a weekend that you are available. I am thinking this or next weekend.

Take care & happy hunting!!!!

Matthew

JodyB
05-20-2002, 04:45 PM
We need to start to get a group together for Star Wars RPG

Wonderboy
05-20-2002, 04:57 PM
next weekend works for me :happy:

JodyB
05-20-2002, 05:50 PM
Saturday's bad... Friday's good... sunday's really good

Wonderboy
05-21-2002, 02:15 AM
ditto to JodyB's post...

swjunk
05-21-2002, 02:20 AM
One week from Sunday. June 2nd!!! What time?

It will be BYOB and anything else you might specifically want. I can supply food and normal drinks.

We just need crazy turbowars approval! LOL!!!

Turbowars
05-21-2002, 06:26 PM
One week from Sunday. June 2nd!!! What time?

It will be BYOB and anything else you might specifically want. I can supply food and normal drinks.

We just need crazy turbowars approval! LOL!!! Approval! I didn't even know I was invited! I can't wait! Yah, like I want to see a bunch of StarWars Geeks all in one place. There's no way that......... Hell yah, I'll be there! Just call me one wild and crazy Turbo. OK now, who the geek? :crazed: :crazed:

Turbowars
05-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Come on guys! So far we have Wonderboy, JodyB and I. Where's CrunchyNug and Stillakid. I don't know about the time? How about 12pm, so we have time to hit our favorite stores.

stillakid
05-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Come on guys! So far we have Wonderboy, JodyB and I. Where's CrunchyNug and Stillakid. I don't know about the time? How about 12pm, so we have time to hit our favorite stores.

Sorry, at the moment I'm busier than should be legally allowed. Thank god I get figures delivered or I'd never get anything.

goldwizz
05-21-2002, 10:06 PM
swjunk: Got your invite and Im in. Let me know what time and what to bring....

swjunk
05-21-2002, 10:52 PM
You will have to stop by. I live basically on White Oak and Sherman Way, just north of Encino. No excuses!!

Take care,

Matthew

stillakid
05-21-2002, 11:23 PM
You will have to stop by. I live basically on White Oak and Sherman Way, just north of Encino. No excuses!!

Take care,

Matthew

Damn, you're right down the street. I'm at White Oak and Burbank.

Turbowars
05-21-2002, 11:25 PM

Damn, you're right down the street. I'm at White Oak and Burbank. In that case, a few minutes wouldn't kill you.

Wonderboy
05-26-2002, 12:28 AM
Is this still on??? If so, I'm gonna be there...I'm looking foward to meeting all of you...and seeing SWJunks collection...it sounds awesome judging by the twinkle in turbo's eyes when he talks about it hehehe.

swjunk
05-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Email me and then I will email you directions.

cballard@jps.net

Turbowars
05-26-2002, 04:46 PM
So, we have SWjunk, Wonderboy, Goldwiz, CrunchyNug, JodyB, Stillakid and I (Turbo). That's it! Forget it! JK. So If you haven't confirmed please do so some time in the next few days. E-mail JWjunk, or me. See ya there june 2nd @ 12 noon

CrunchyNug
05-30-2002, 02:57 PM
So I just emailed SWjunk for directions to our Sunday meeting. I am officially placing my RSVP to attend. Can't wait guys. See you Sunday... :crazed:

JodyB
05-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Cool, it's gonna be a pretty good turn out

KiValleyTiger
05-31-2002, 06:19 PM
Hmm, I wish I can come. I really wanted to meet you guys just talk SWs. Hopefully next time. Let me know.

Turbowars
05-31-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by KiValleyTiger
Hmm, I wish I can come. I really wanted to meet you guys just talk SWs. Hopefully next time. Let me know. Hey, just cancel all your plans and stop by;) see yah next time.

Wonderboy
06-02-2002, 05:02 PM
HEy Fellahs...

Im not going to be able to make it over today...a very good friend of mine that I grew up with died on Sat. So I apologize in advance. I'll be there next time...hope you all have a great time.

Chaddymac
06-02-2002, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Wonderboy. My condolences.

To everyone else, I hope you had a good time. I just found this Forum (thanks to JediTricks). So, did anyone read my posts in the Just Found LA thread about a way to organize our hunting habits? There seems to be some good ideas coming out of it. Any takers?

JodyB
06-03-2002, 03:02 AM
I'm sorry guys, I couldn'tt make it either... a family energency came up I had to attend over the weekend... sorry again

Turbowars
06-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Hey that cool guys wish you could of been there. I'm very sorry to hear you lost some friends Wonderboy and I hope your emergency worked out Joby. We had a good time and watched the Lakers win by a hair.

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:05 PM
so here we are...talking about non "just found" things...how long until we get smacked??? ;)

Turbowars
06-12-2002, 06:10 PM
It wont be long. What if I was to say I'm Gay. Would it be OK to Use the word Gay? Just asking.

Turbowars
06-12-2002, 06:11 PM
I'm not Gay, so don't get any ideas Wonderboy. LOL

Turbowars
06-12-2002, 06:15 PM
I have a question guys. If it ok to have a Christian Club. Is it OK to have, OH lets say Anti Club? It just seems sad we cant post our feeling, but some can.

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:19 PM
EXACTLY turbo...

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:20 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001209

Here's the link the rebelscum thread I started....check it out.

Turbowars
06-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Where are you Guys?

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:43 PM
at rebelscum ;)

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Finally brett has come To the collectors club!

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-12-2002, 06:48 PM
There is NO way that this site can win this battle, we could go to rebelscum, or another place that we are welcom

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:48 PM
hello Brett! Welcome!

Wonderboy
06-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Well Brett...we are all posting over at rebelscum now...here is the link...come join us!

http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001209

JediTricks
06-12-2002, 09:16 PM
I have a question guys. If it ok to have a Christian Club. Is it OK to have, OH lets say Anti Club? It just seems sad we cant post our feeling, but some can. Absolutely not. Club wars are totally not allowed. You can go in the MISC section or the Comments/Suggestions section and complain about that club, but in here, no "This is a club because we don't like the Christian club" club.

And as for this "gay" crap Turbowars, I'm sick of it. When you joined the site, you agreed to the following rules:

"you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Guess what, your use of "gay" falls under the "hateful" usage since, no matter what excuse you'll come up with (and believe me, we've heard them all before), you're using it in a derogatory manner (you're using gay in this manner: bad = homosexual). There are gay people on the site and they don't need to be insulted like that, SSG has danced this dance before, it wasn't pleasant and if you feel like bringing it up again, it could simply end up getting your posts purged. Nobody on the site wants that, but this is a situation that you've been warned about now.

Turbowars
06-12-2002, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JediTricks
Absolutely not. Club wars are totally not allowed. You can go in the MISC section or the Comments/Suggestions section and complain about that club, but in here, no "This is a club because we don't like the Christian club" club.

And as for this "gay" crap Turbowars, I'm sick of it. When you joined the site, you agreed to the following rules:

[b]"you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Guess what, your use of "gay" falls under the "hateful" usage since, no matter what excuse you'll come up with (and believe me, we've heard them all before), you're using it in a derogatory manner (you're using gay in this manner: bad = homosexual). There are gay people on the site and they don't need to be insulted like that, SSG has danced this dance before, it wasn't pleasant and if you feel like bringing it up again, it could simply end up getting your posts purged. Nobody on the site wants that, but this is a situation that you've been warned about now. What ever

swjunk
06-13-2002, 01:00 AM
A word is a word is a word!!!! Gay or not we are all SW collectors and should not let stupid words get in the way of the true issues here. STAR WARS!!!!!

Whom ever the idiots are that think gay has to ALWAYS be evil should open the dictionary. Several definition refer to happy, joyous, etc...................

I am also very disappointed in some of you LAers!!!!!! We had a cool get together and several collectors flaked. Your lose anyway!! Maybe I need to have a figure give away for those that attend!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

My house is always available if any of you guys ever want to get together again. My new SW room should be complete in a few weeks!!!!!

Happy hunting!!!!!!!

Wonderboy
06-13-2002, 01:32 AM
Hey SWJunk, come join us at Rebelscum, pretty much the entire LA posters have moved there. Here's the link:

http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001209#000001

Wonderboy
06-13-2002, 01:41 AM
We've moved the Los Angeles Area thread to this link...please come join us at our new home!

http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001209#000001

Here you can talk about whatever you want to...new finds and area reports, chit chat, wishlists, buying, selling, trading whatever, and best of all, there won't be any "tricks" ;)

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 12:35 AM
O.K. guys heres the scoop. I have been to RS and its not that bad over there, but I am still parshel to this site as well. So, I have started a Just Found L.A. thread on this site if any one wants to come over there. I do daly reports there and I will try to start doing them on RS as well so feel free to come over to my thread. :D

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Oh yah, my thread in under the "just Found (USA)" fourm. ;)

OneArmedJango
06-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Santa Monica daly report. Post #97

O.k. guys, this is it. The last big post from me for the week, so lets do this.

SM K.B.: I went over there today and they had the same stuff as yester day. All and all nothing really good.

SM TRU: AS I do every saterday, I went there when they opened. So... they had some "Orn Free Ta" a few "ERS" and a lot of "Massif", nothing I really needed thou.

Puzzle Zoo: They had all the same thing as the always do. But they did have about 3 Unleashed JangoFett.

So thats it from me. I still need the new Obi. If any one has any leads plz post.
-One

Mnkyskater
06-16-2002, 01:44 PM
"you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Define Obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening. I dont find the word "gay" obscene. Legally, the only way that statement would work would be to have a list of words not allowed. By your definition, the word "gay" is obscene, and one could apply that you feel that the gay lifestyle is also obscene. There are no violation of any known lays for saying something is "gay." The word "gay" as far as i know is slang for stupid, or something really unpopular. ie someone might say "Thats gay." BTW trubo, does sir steves guide send you advertisments via email? If so, then they have sold your email address and have made a profit from you. Because of this fact, you have a RIGHT to post here. To put this better, instead of paying a fee to post here at ssg, you recieve advertisements in your email. The advertiseres pay for this thus, offsetting the cost

JediTricks
06-16-2002, 08:11 PM
Mnkyskater, you are the one defining it as "obscene", not I. I specifically stated in post #76 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=108943#post108943) that the usage fell under "hateful" since it was used in a derogatory manner in reference to a group of people (it's akin to someone describing doing business with a cheap person as "being jewed"), as this is what I was told by the forums administrator back in August of last year when discussing how it should be accepted.

Also, I think you're mistaken about the email thing. First off, as far as I know, SSG does not sell or give email addresses to anybody else, including advertisers. Secondly, NOTHING gives anybody, not me or Thrawn or you, the "right" to post here - only SirSteve, the owner of these forums, has that right. Feel free to email him if you are concerned about your email address being sold/advertised to or about any usage of these forums: sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com

goldwizz
06-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Secondly, NOTHING gives anybody, not me or Thrawn or you, the "right" to post here - only SirSteve, the owner of these forums, has that right.

JT - So is it he the one that decides who says what and who gets the boot? Or does he employ someone else to do his dirty work? You know kind of like a security guard who has been given the right and now has a power trip.

Hay! This brings me back to grade school when I was suspended for not having a hall pass on my way to the potty. Stinking HALL MONITOR ratted me out to the principal not even giving me chance to explain myself for not having a pass and I got the boot for 3 days. Everyone at school hated the HALL MONITOR for having such a power trip and guess what he had no friend for this. Now a days I think hes a moderator of some kind or something super I guess.

swjunk
06-16-2002, 10:16 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!~!!!

Goldwizz, you crack me up!!

I always wanted to be a hall monitor!! LOL!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Mnkyskater
06-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Jedi Tricks, clearly you should go back and read my post again. I asked turbo IF he recieved advertisments in the mail hence the question mark. The courts of the United States have ruled that if your address is sold to recieve advertisements, the profits from that sale should go into offsetting the cost of a membership. The reason that the supreme court has not ruled on this issue is because every court accross the country views it the same.
Again, i do not view someone saying that something is "gay" as derogeratory. I am jewish and could care less if someone says "man don't be jewish." They mean it as slang for dont be cheap. I am not offended by this. If someone said "Irish up my coffee" should irish people be offended because it is slang for adding whiskey to your coffee? No. Certain expressions and phrases are imbeded in the culture of our society and you cannot remove them. Another example would be "paddy wagon" which comes from the 1920's when the police would round up drunken irishmen and the derogeratory for the irish at that time was "Paddy." Should that expression now be termed hateful. How about the teams, Redskins, Braves... the list can go on. A certain Native American might view these names as "hateful" and in California, they are considering banning all these names because a minority of native americans view them as hateful. Define your terms my friend.

BTW guys, i wrote this with my girlfriends father who is a lawyer specilizing in contracts.

Mnkyskater
06-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Don we now our GAY apparel, fa-la-la-la-laa, la la la la

So, the question i present to you Mr. Tricks is whether I meant the following statement as derogatory or not. The line is no longer clear is it. Maybe i am saying our "hateful" apparel or maybe i am saying our "happy" apparel. If a word has more than one meaning, then it has more than one interpretation. Perhaps you should see these commonly used words definitions:

Dork: the penis of a whale
Geek: one who bites off the heads of chickens
Bastard: someone who doesnt know who their father is; or someone whos parents are of different christian beliefs ie, Luthern, and Catholic.
***: Cigarette
***et: a pile of sticks

The list goes on and on...

Turbowars
06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
I love it!

JediTricks
06-17-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Mnkyskater
Jedi Tricks, clearly you should go back and read my post again. I asked turbo IF he recieved advertisments in the mail hence the question mark. The courts of the United States have ruled that if your address is sold to recieve advertisements, the profits from that sale should go into offsetting the cost of a membership. The reason that the supreme court has not ruled on this issue is because every court accross the country views it the same.
I see that you were asking turbowars about the email thing, I was stating that I don't think that this site does that, but it's not a direct correlation beyond giving my opinion to any implication someone might have from your question.

However, I think your precident may not apply to this theoretical case about SSG because there is no cost of membership for users of this forum, and all users have to agree to a specific code of conduct and allowance for administrative actions when they join - they agree they "will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws." and that "The owners of Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Again, i do not view someone saying that something is "gay" as derogeratory. I am jewish and could care less if someone says "man don't be jewish." They mean it as slang for dont be cheap. I am not offended by this. If someone said "Irish up my coffee" should irish people be offended because it is slang for adding whiskey to your coffee? No. Certain expressions and phrases are imbeded in the culture of our society and you cannot remove them. Another example would be "paddy wagon" which comes from the 1920's when the police would round up drunken irishmen and the derogeratory for the irish at that time was "Paddy." Should that expression now be termed hateful. How about the teams, Redskins, Braves... the list can go on. A certain Native American might view these names as "hateful" and in California, they are considering banning all these names because a minority of native americans view them as hateful. Define your terms my friend. It's not my place to define these terms, they aren't mine, they're the owner of this site's terms and rules. I was just asked to enforce these rules. And as for taking offense, while I don't take offense at most things either, SirSteve had already deemed the "gay" usage a problem in August of last year when other forum members complained about being offended. I don't make these policies, SirSteve does. However, I also don't think it's anybody's place to tell the offended parties to not be offended.

Don we now our GAY apparel, fa-la-la-la-laa, la la la la So, the question i present to you Mr. Tricks is whether I meant the following statement as derogatory or not. The line is no longer clear is it. Maybe i am saying our "hateful" apparel or maybe i am saying our "happy" apparel. If a word has more than one meaning, then it has more than one interpretation.It's not up to me to define how the SSG administration approves or disapproves of a certain word, I've only been asked to use my best judgement to enforce the SSG rules about these words.

In the case of "gay" used the way it was here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=104808#post104808), it's been explained to me by the site owner that usage such as what was used is indeed to be considered derogatory hate-speech because it is using a term applied to a group of people as a basis in a negative connotation - that was the meaning behind the way it was used in the example above on that other thread.

swjunk
06-17-2002, 06:45 PM
What a bunch of fools!!!!! LOL!!!

plasticfetish
06-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Don we now our GAY apparel, fa-la-la-la-laa, la la la la

So, the question i present to you Mr. Tricks is whether I meant the following statement as derogatory or not. The line is no longer clear is it. Maybe i am saying our "hateful" apparel or maybe i am saying our "happy" apparel. If a word has more than one meaning, then it has more than one interpretation. Perhaps you should see these commonly used words definitions:

Dork: the penis of a whale
Geek: one who bites off the heads of chickens
Bastard: someone who doesnt know who their father is; or someone whos parents are of different christian beliefs ie, Luthern, and Catholic.
***: Cigarette
***et: a pile of sticks

The list goes on and on...

Brother ... F Lee Bailey you are not. Give it a rest.

Hey, uh ... have you ever watched the show "The Young Ones"?
It's a British show from the '80s ... very funny, there's this character named Rick ... your brilliantly laid out argument reminds me of him.

As for the the "man don't be Jewish" thing ... Maybe I'm expecting too much from you, but because you're a Jew I'm really surprised at that. Go ask one of your grandparents if they think that's a cute little phrase. You might learn something from their answer.

I'm part Jewish, part Irish, part a lot of things ... I know and am comfortable with just about and can use just about any and every offensive bit of slang or slander you could ever imagine ... doesn't mean it's right to use it here.
Just because you post in a forum or BBS ... it's an impersonal and detached format ... doesn't mean you aren't accountable for your language and the way you use it.
Rule of thumb: If you wouldn't say it to a stranger's face or use it in a formal public conversation (would you use the word/term at a job interview?) don't use it here.

Unless you want people to think you're just basically a smart *ss.

plasticfetish
06-18-2002, 11:30 PM
What a bunch of fools!!!!! LOL!!!

I wish I could laugh at all this, but it's just too lame.
I'll scroll back and try to figure out just what this forum was supposed to be about ... I thought it had something to do with "Star Wars" ... it seems to be a little more like "the Lord of The Flies".

Maybe everyone is just suffering from postpartum AOTC depression. Deep breath guys ... deep breath.

Turbowars
06-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish

I wish I could laugh at all this, but it's just too lame.
I'll scroll back and try to figure out just what this forum was supposed to be about ... I thought it had something to do with "Star Wars" ... it seems to be a little more like "the Lord of The Flies".

Maybe everyone is just suffering from postpartum AOTC depression. Deep breath guys ... deep breath. Well you know what, you aren't helping the situation posting this crap. Why don't you post something that has to do with SW, like you said. Anyways the pegs are bare and there's no sign of Chewy.

stillakid
06-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Are there any signs of Endor Rebel Soldiers out there still somewhere? I just need (want :rolleyes: ) a couple more to finish off the landing party (though, I'm not really sure how many were actually there). I'll need to customize one of them for the Old Man Smithers Endor Rebel.:)

OneArmedJango
06-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi every one. I'm looking for the new "Obi-Wan" I'm in Santa Monica. If any one can help that would be cool. ;)
-One

OneArmedJango
06-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Are there any signs of Endor Rebel Soldiers out there still somewhere? I just need (want :rolleyes: ) a couple more to finish off the landing party (though, I'm not really sure how many were actually there). I'll need to customize one of them for the Old Man Smithers Endor Rebel.:)

Hey man, last time I checked (about 1:30 today) the Santa Monica TRU had a bunch of them. Just giving you a heads up. ;)
-One

stillakid
06-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by OneArmedJango

Hey man, last time I checked (about 1:30 today) the Santa Monica TRU had a bunch of them. Just giving you a heads up. ;)
-One

Thanks. I may get down there tomorrow...on my way to the beach. ;)

plasticfetish
06-20-2002, 02:01 AM
Why don't you post something that has to do with SW, like you said.

Copy that.

Chaddymac
06-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Oh, man. This was good.

http://www.ac-2.org/files/Conan-Triumph-at-Star-Wars.wmv

I love that little dog.

plasticfetish
06-20-2002, 04:04 PM
ah ... god I was laughing so hard I was crying ... "which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up" ... so funny. I love the fact that he's cracking himself up too. Brilliant.

Chaddymac
06-20-2002, 10:45 PM
When he started...mating...with the lightsaber, I started spitting up sun chips. And that pregnant lady? What he said to her? Too much...just too much.

stillakid
06-23-2002, 01:41 AM
I'm heading to the Comic Book and Sci Fi thing tomorrow (Sunday) at the Shrine. I've never been to one of these before, so I have no idea what to expect (besides nerd-central ;) ) or what Star Wars related stuff might be there. My neighbor is into comic books so I figured I tag along and see what's up. If anything looks interesting, I'll post it when I get home.

Chaddymac
06-23-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm heading to the Comic Book and Sci Fi thing tomorrow (Sunday) at the Shrine. I've never been to one of these before, so I have no idea what to expect (besides nerd-central ;) ) or what Star Wars related stuff might be there. My neighbor is into comic books so I figured I tag along and see what's up. If anything looks interesting, I'll post it when I get home.

I didn't realize the show at the Shrine was today. I'm a block away from it, but I won't be able to go because I have to work at 3:30 and I have to finish my laundry before that. Let me know how it is, though.

stillakid
06-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Just got back from the Shrine a little bit ago. Yer basic comic book/new marked up toys/vintage marked up toys/porn show. ;)

Of course, I forgot my list so I ended up buying a couple of $3 vintage figs that I didn't need. Oh well.

I didn't see anything truly rare or out of the ordinary from Star Wars. Finally saw an unleashed (undoubtedly scalping material) at one of the tables. Cool looking, but I'll wait for sales if they ever happen.

One guy had a vintage Hoth Rebel Transport that I considered picking up, but he wanted $80 for it (in the box). A little more than I wanted to spend today, so I passed.

That's about it. $5 admission and $5 to park right next door if you can't find spaces on the street.

OneArmedJango
06-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Hye guys, next time theres one of those si-fi things will you pm me? I really want to go.

Chaddymac
06-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Absolutely, OAJ. The more the merrier.

--Chad

OneArmedJango
06-28-2002, 05:42 PM
I got him! (Santa Monica (sumwhat) daly report) Post #1557

(The time now is 11am) Hey, guess what every one! I got the Oni-Wan!!!! Last night I went to bed at 2am so I would be able to get up at 9am and head over to SM TRU. When they opened at 9:30am I went right over to the bin and shure enoph they had them. I'm so happy
Here are my finds.

SM TRU: They had some really good stuff. Like "10 Obi-Wan JSP" about 20 "Han" and like 5 "Chewwie" (I think there was one left when I left.

SM K.B.: They really dident get any thing new. Same Old stuff. The only new thing they had was some unleashed. They had unleashed "Darth Maul" and "Jango Fett"

Sun Coast: Nothing!!! Just one C-3P0.

Puzzle Zoo: They still have all the old stuff. A guy was putting out some Shadows stuff but thats all.

Ok guys. Thats it from me. Thanks Wounder Boy and KiVally but I don't need your Obi's any more. But thank you any way for thinking of me.

Happy Hunntings

-One

OneArmedJango
06-28-2002, 05:42 PM
The time is really 3:42pm. I posted this in the morning but I thought you all might want to see it.

Turbowars
07-03-2002, 05:57 PM
I like how my Posts are just edited out. That's why we should all go to RS. But really I'm not so sure who should be called SCUM.

stillakid
07-03-2002, 06:37 PM
TW, you mentioned the Unleashed in Just Found. Do they REALLY suck or just a little? I'm not a big "statue" fan but I was considering these. Are they worth hunting for? Thanks.

Turbowars
07-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Stillakid. I almost bought Maul, but I thought what am I going to do with it. Jango would have been OK, if Boba was not there. I hate these more than Epic force. They had about 5 of each, maybe more. Iwould pickthem up for you, but I don't go backto work until Monday. Like I said Maul is OK, but he looks kind of crazywith his teeth showing.

stillakid
07-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Stillakid. I almost bought Maul, but I thought what am I going to do with it. Jango would have been OK, if Boba was not there. I hate these more than Epic force. They had about 5 of each, maybe more. Iwould pickthem up for you, but I don't go backto work until Monday. Like I said Maul is OK, but he looks kind of crazywith his teeth showing.

From the pictures, they look cool, but that's what I'm afraid of. I don't enjoy dusting that much. I'll probably pass and save my money for an extra Gunship or 2. :)

plasticfetish
07-06-2002, 03:23 AM
I have a feeling that given the large number of unleashed figures I saw on the pegs in my area that they aren't going over too well with the kids. Have a feeling they may be an early markdown. (Which is good for, you know, impulse buying I guess.) Though I haven't seen the Anakin figure ... there is one isn't there? They ARE pretty much like little "McFarlane-esque" statues. Kind of a WEAK collector suck-up if you ask me ... and yeah, Boba's face is really weird.

Over and out.

:]

stillakid
07-09-2002, 09:20 AM
I placed an order immediately upon getting the phone number that was posted at SSG. They took my order with no problem.

I got a call about a week ago telling me that they "took the order in error" but they would still honor my order. The charge was taken off the credit card and they would call back in August ( I think it was) to make sure I still wanted the figures. That's the last I've heard.

Janzeke Khan
07-26-2002, 10:26 AM
(Keep in mind I only read page one, so if there already a place please let me know.)
Hey guys I have a message board we could use for the CA SW Collectors clubs if u want to know the address Mail me at color@ez2.net

plasticfetish
08-22-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
Kind of a WEAK collector suck-up if you ask me ...

... and now to amend what I said here, (sort of.)

I think, maybe I will buy the Darth Vader unleashed ... it's kinda growing on me. <sigh> But ... I will say this, the Amidala figure actually makes me uncomfortable. (Did Russ Meyer consult on that figure?) It would have been nice to see that figure be ... umm ... a little more "leashed".