PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 million americans expected to play "hookie" for AOTC premiere



JediDan
05-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Said on the news this morning that it's expected that about 2.5 million american adults will call in sick or will not show up for work the day of the premiere. LOL Now how do they know that???:rolleyes: Well ones thing's for sure, I'm gonna be one of them. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 06:33 PM
I'm already showing definate signs of a 24-hour future virus. (cough) I hope it doesn't keep me from (cough) working.

But they said that for E1, also, and life didn't come to an end. OR DID IT?!? :eek:

SithDroid
05-02-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm using the excuse that I have a wedding to go to that day. Heck, it IS May and tons of weddings happen around this time. If you say that, then perhaps you can get the 16th off.

Lord Malakite
05-02-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I'm using the excuse that I have a wedding to go to that day.

Makes perfect sense. (Spoiler) After all, there is a wedding in the movie. ;)

2-1B
05-02-2002, 11:15 PM
My vacation's been approved for a long time now, the 15th and 16th :)

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 01:54 AM
The 16th is my birthday, so I don't need an excuse.:cool::D

QLD
05-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Well, I am hoping to go to a midnight show on the 16th, which would keep me from missing any work.

InsaneJediGirl
05-03-2002, 08:11 AM
I'll be one of those people playing hookie.I think I cought what
Bel-Cam Jos has:dead: :dead:

asiandoood
05-03-2002, 11:41 AM
:D :D :D ...I already got the 12:01 showing tix ....so...i may look sleepy at work later :p

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by asiandoood
:D :D :D ...I already got the 12:01 showing tix ....so...i may look sleepy at work later :p
How? Where? When? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Jargo
05-03-2002, 08:36 PM
How does one play hookie? is there a gameplay rulebook? Does it require the use of those weird many sided dii? How many players to a side, Is there an offside rule or can can you just run with it? I'm confused........ :crazed: :confused:

asiandoood
05-04-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

How? Where? When? Inquiring minds wanna know!


I went to the AMC Theatres website and checked for their advance ticket sales. Most AMC theatres are already selling them. You can also check out www.theforce.net ...they have full coverage of where you can get tix....also check out online theatre tix sales...it may cost a buck or two more...but you wont have to wait in a line :D ....good luck..and may the force be with you!

QLD
05-04-2002, 10:33 AM
Bel-Cam, why the icon change? I changed mine, Obi-Wan is yours now. :D

SithDroid
05-04-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by asiandoood



I went to the AMC Theatres website and checked for their advance ticket sales. Most AMC theatres are already selling them. You can also check out www.theforce.net ...they have full coverage of where you can get tix....also check out online theatre tix sales...it may cost a buck or two more...but you wont have to wait in a line :D ....good luck..and may the force be with you!

Yeah, it's nice to know that AMC didn't even let anyone know when they were going on sale. The AMC here didn't even announnce it and when I went to buy my midnight ticket they were sold out already. Which makes no sense whatsoever because when TPM was released here the midnight showings didn't sell out at all. I guess I'l just go to another theatre that is going to have a midnight showing even though AMC is my favorite place. Needless to say I still got a ticket for the next day.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-04-2002, 11:34 PM
I heard on the radio that because of the tons of people who will play hookie that day, the economy will probably be out of hundreds of millions of dollars of business on that day. The power that G Lucas has!

Obi-Don
05-05-2002, 03:52 AM
I to already have the time off approved. They don't know that I will be going to a movie,but that is what vac. days are for. I also got a few friends to take time off to go with me.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Bel-Cam, why the icon change? I changed mine, Obi-Wan is yours now. :D
I've been trying to add a custom one, Q-LD, but it doesn't seem to want to stay. So Sly Wiley is holding court until my other one cooperates. ;)

I checked the AMC and Edwards (2 main theaters near me) websites and they had no information available. Where specifically on the site is it? :confused:

asiandoood
05-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos



I checked the AMC and Edwards (2 main theaters near me) websites and they had no information available. Where specifically on the site is it? :confused:


go to http://www.amctheatres.com/ ...and lookup your location for may 16th showings. If they dont list it then your theatre wont show it. Best way to make sure is to contact them through phone or person and ask if they will get star wars.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I heard on the radio that because of the tons of people who will play hookie that day, the economy will probably be out of hundreds of millions of dollars of business on that day.

Maybe in other industries, but not in the movie business! If 2.5 M people take off to see the movie, that's at least $17.5 M in tix sales, assuming an average of onl $7 a ticket. Pile on the popcorn and milk duds and the total just goes up.

Plus if those people didn't go to see the movie the first day, they probably wouldn't have their minds on their jobs anyways. I'd rather have the brain surgeon or even the lowly ditch digger take the day off that be preoccupied with waiting until they get off to see it. :)