PDA

View Full Version : Underneath her robes!

THE Slayer
05-02-2002, 10:14 PM
..Luminara's robes to be more percise. On the package it says she contains: Lightsaber : Blast effect : AND removeable cloak.
Except her cloaks NOT removeable. Has anyone seen the prototype pics of Luminara w/o her cloak?

Taichi
05-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah, it was never supposed to come off....

most Luminaras have a sticker over the "Removable Cloak" text.....

2-1B
11-18-2002, 01:20 AM
Well that's a shame !
Maybe if it were removeable, they would have been forced to not sculpt her so foolishly. :D

Beast
11-18-2002, 01:35 AM
You can remove it, but she looks pretty bad with out it. Her arms pop off really easily and you can just slip the robe off. Unfortunatly her arms still have the puffy robe section sculpted on to them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Well that's a shame !
Maybe if it were removeable, they would have been forced to not sculpt her so foolishly. :D

Love that "action" pose! ;)

I love that word fool and all of its parts....foolish, fools, foolishly...it just sounds good!

Ok back on topic...wish she would have at least had knew articulation so she could stand normally.

Beast
11-18-2002, 02:13 AM
I've stated before, that I don't really mind her pose all that much. Because the sculpted her to be standing almost exactly how she is when she ignites her lightsaber in the Geonosian Arena. We do need a normally posed one of her, to stand in Palpatine's office. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 03:54 AM
I agree with Jar Jar, I like the pose. With the blast effect, it looks really cool in an Arena Scene.

Besides with the huge cloak she wears, articulation wouldn't be that great anyway.

Jargo
11-18-2002, 07:58 AM
Um, hello? Imagination deficit alert!!!!!! What if you actually have a vivid imagination and can see beyond the movie scenes and want to have a Luminara in some other setting where you might want her to be posed more neutrally? Say you wanted to create something from the episode II precursor novel that involved anscion or whatever the planet was called? Or maybe you'd like to set up your own mission and have Luminara attempting to knock reason into a Hutt or some smuggler scoundrels. Luminara posed the way she is looks great and has fantastic details but she's bloody useless all round. This is one figure where i say we have to have a resculpt, maybe a boring resculpt but one that will fit anywhere. It's going to look pretty daft if bariss offee is posed neutrally and Luminara is all wicky wacky legs akimbo. The pair are supposed to be working together and mirroring each other.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2002, 08:35 AM
I totally agree. I love this figure, but we need a second one who isn't such a drama queen.

JangoFart
11-18-2002, 11:26 AM
I actually think that Luminara is one of the best of the Saga figures thus far. I love the pose, the detail on the robes and her hands.

HOWEVER, for those who make action scenes or otherwise open their stuff, she's very limited in what you can have her do. I too would like to see a more neutral pose. But, not because I'm unhappy with the existing one.

J

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Does she die in the battle?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Does she die in the battle?

Arena battle...No, she's still there. I don't think Bariss survived though :(

JEDIpartner
11-18-2002, 01:11 PM
Luminara Rocks!!! I just want her to be able to have a decent conversation without doing her Stevie Nicks impersonation!!! :D

Jayspawn
11-18-2002, 02:00 PM
I don't think the Luminara figure would look that good without her robe. Better it's not removable.

JangoFart
11-18-2002, 02:04 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Bariss didn't go to Geonosis?

But, I might be makin' that one up. It all starts to run together, in all honesty :)

J

JangoFart
11-18-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey now!! There's a thought!!

She could break out into "Stand Back" when she whips out her saber and strikes a pose!

J

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 02:09 PM
She's in the beginning of it, unless I'm seeing things :) but not at the end and then awhile ago someone posted a list of jedi that survived the battle but I have no idea where that link is :(

:)

Beast
11-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Barriss Offee is seen at the start of the battle, igniting her lightsaber right next to Luminara. She does not appear in the circle of survivors, when the gunships arrive. But StarWars.com's Ask the Jedi Council confirm that she did survive the battle of Geonosis. So she was either fighting in the stands, or inside the hive at the time. Or she was wounded by the battle droids. Here's a couple links to StarWars.com. :)

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020909.html
http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 02:27 PM
oh man, that's GREAT! I really like her and Luminara's characters! When I didn't see her, I thought the worst, kinda like threepio :)