PDA

View Full Version : Bo Shek & co.

gibbyhayes
05-02-2002, 09:37 PM
I first saw this wave with the ewok, Bo, and the R2/R4 (dammit, the astromech w/mouse droid) about a week before 4/23 but they were at (overpriced) KBToys. Since then, nothing. Do you think retailers held off in AOTC anticipation, or are these sure to rise up in the dump bin (along with the upcoming flood of Yodas, Dookus, and Taun We's)? Anybody else out there seen many?

darth chuck
05-02-2002, 09:43 PM
This is the wave that I have had the most difficulty finding. I currently need the imperial officer, TF vader, and this wave to be caught up. If you see it again, I would advise buying it.

Lord Tenebrous
05-02-2002, 10:00 PM
They were released in small numbers, about one case per store. And stores like Walmart reduced the price, to make sure they were bought.

I seriously doubt they'll reship, so price check around with some online stores or eBay. I strongly recommend BoShek and R4-M9. Teebo is nice, but doesn't really capture the character as well as the other two.

pthfnder89
05-02-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
They were released in small numbers, about one case per store. And stores like Walmart reduced the price, to make sure they were bought.

I don't know. I think some retailers didn't order quite as many cases, but I don't think it was quite that limited. The Toys R Us in my area had LOTS of them recently. They did sell out quick though.:)

BanthaPoodoo
05-02-2002, 10:45 PM
but I don't think it was quite that limited

I'd have to agree....

I bought in total around 7 Teebo's, 8 R4-M9's, & 5 BoSheks.
(for various people here on the board & also myself :))

I dont know the packout of the figures, but there are still these same figures warming pegs at my local KB & WM....... (not to mention the endless amounts of Preview figures......)

(you know, I'm beginning to wonder how we get new stuff here, what with the pegs being filled with the same old stuff every day, week, month, year.........)

BoShek
05-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Well, I have never seen the BoShek wave and the endless amounts of Preview figures that BanthaPoodoo talked about were never in my area.

So what I am saying is that some places got them and others didn't. I am hoping that they will be on the shelves again because I want a few BoSheks for obvious reasons.

hamsterboy
05-03-2002, 12:55 AM
I've seen two Wal-Marts with them,that's it.

mistikal07
05-03-2002, 05:33 AM
I have an MOMC Bo-Shek and Teebo, I had the R4-M9 but I traded him to someone yesterday. lmk if any of you guys need him.. I have a hefty want list.

Old Fossil
05-03-2002, 01:04 PM
The BoShek wave is warming the pegs at my local Walmarts and Toys-R-Us stores. I guess everyone's attention is on the Episode II displays right now.

I agree that Teebo is unexciting. The other two are definitely worth their retail price.

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Bo Shek, Teebo, R4-M9, Imp Officer, Rebel Fleet Trooper are all pegwarming here in Pittsburgh. Ithought I would have a hard time finding these and since the Imp Ofcr and RFT are Army builders I bought all I could find until I felt satiated (fufilled). Now TRU can't seem to get rid of them.

Sith Vicious
05-03-2002, 06:10 PM
It's hard to say if these will show up everywhere at retail. I've never seen them at retail, but I'd never seen the Imperial Officer/Rebel Trooper at retail until last week. With tons of AOTC figures already warming pegs, many stores will probably skip ordering these, but they should show up somewhere eventually like the fan club.

RooJay
05-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Pretty much all of the stores in my area (about a fifty mile radius!) have been restocked with the Zutton, Black Gown Amidala, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer, and Eeth Koth figures! Haven't seen the BoShek, Teebo, R4-M9 wave in a while though.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2002, 11:36 PM
They will definitely show up at TRU, whether before or during a clearance sale. Two weeks or so ago I found the whole FX-7 wave for the very first time at a TRU. Today I found the Zutton wave, again for the first time. I predict that in a couple of weeks or so the BoShek wave will finally make its appearance.

I've only seen BoShek once. It was at a W-M and it looked like someone was just returning it because there were no others from the line there and the pegs were full of Ketwols.

I wouldn't worry. TRU always comes through with the HTF stuff on clearance. :)

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 06:45 PM
The Toys R Us stores out here in LA have been flooded with the Boshek wave, The Zutton wave, and even the FX-7 wave . . .

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-04-2002, 11:13 PM
I hope that the Bo Shek wave does show up on clearance despite the fact it was an endwave line. Oh TC-14, R2-B1 you are still out there somewhere aren't you) I would love to have an extra R4 unit. Speaking of HTF figures, my friend found an Ep1 Pit Droid 2 pk and an Amidala Ascenion gun as well as the Anakin red backpack at Wally-Mart for $5.00. I came an hour too late and all they had left were some soft goods Obi and Qui-Gon Jinn. :mad:

Toolshed
05-05-2002, 01:43 AM
there were not shipped one case per store. i work a tru down in south texas and we just got 16 case of just this wave in with our ep2 count dooku case. it will most likely be the last of them that we get though. although tru is not reducing the price we have a crap load of them and i have to say. if anyone needs one. please let me know i can pick one up for you at cost plus shiping (actually it will be like 5.83 with tax and my discount and like 3 bucks priority shipping). i hate scalping and theres this place in mall right behind us that sell collectibles for really high prices. im actually thinking about buying all the dooku's before they do and sell them at cost to collector's because if tha store gets them they'll be marked up to $30. i hate buying crap for that much when i need it so, if anyone need a dook still lmk. anyways. talk to ya'll later

acidious
05-05-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Bo Shek, Teebo, R4-M9, Imp Officer, Rebel Fleet Trooper are all pegwarming here in Pittsburgh. Ithought I would have a hard time finding these and since the Imp Ofcr and RFT are Army builders I bought all I could find until I felt satiated (fufilled). Now TRU can't seem to get rid of them.

Hey, If those Imperial officers are still around, give me a shout.
jmpship1@ntelos.net
Acidious
Can trade or give cost+shipping

acidious
05-05-2002, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toolshed
[B]i work a tru down in south texas and we just got 16 case of just this wave in with our ep2 count dooku case. if anyone needs one. please let me know i can pick one up for you at cost plus shiping (actually it will be like 5.83 with tax and my discount and like 3 bucks priority shipping). im actually thinking about buying all the dooku's before they do and sell them at cost to collector's

Lemme know the if you have a Dooku and Imperial Officer. I definitely need one of each. Maybe have a little sumthin to trade.
Acidious
jmpship1@ntelos.net

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 03:51 PM
I don't work at TRU or any other retailer, but I have to agree with toolshed about the final 3 waves' availability. My TRU in UT has been getting in the last waves steadily over the past month or so. A Hasbro rep. told me that they way TRU's internal distribution is set up it may be difficult to get some of the figures when they are first released because they aren't inventories by case or wave, just by collection (C1 or C2 in this case, no pun intended).

The figures will finally start showing up, probably in greater numbers at TRU than at other stores just due to the history we've seen with other figure lines, like EP1. As a matter of fact, I finally found the whole wave yesterday at a KMart, believe it or not. It was the first time I've found something first there, ever.

Just don't result to hitting up the scalpers. It would be a waste of $.

acidious
05-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I agree on the scalpers thing. I told my friend that they had the AOTC figs at WM in case he wanted to get a coll. together. He'd mentioned being interested. Well, he takes off to Ebay, researches, and goes and buys anything he thinks will sell and posts them all. He has raised my ire though. Not only did he buy out all the Luminaras, he, well.....
Get this, he told me he found a Luminara with an extra lightsaber packaged(not just inside) in the bubble tray. I asked if I could see it and he said he hated to do it but got rid of it on ebay for $84! On top of that, he said it had a background as well. Has anybody surfed by the Luminaras at ebay the past 2 or 3 weeks to confirm this? I'm having trouble chewing it much less swallowing. I had to drive 40 mins to get one, but it was worth it not to buy the one he had held for me. At cost no shipping is o.k. but it's thye principal.

Obi-Don
05-05-2002, 11:55 PM
I found all of them but the Imp. Officer at KB. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Figurestasher
05-07-2002, 02:38 AM
The BoShek wave will probably still pop up in stores. TRU will probably get more. Southern California TRU's have a bunch of them and a whole mess of the Zutton and Imperial Officer wave. I expect all of these to be $1.97 eventually at TRU. Is saw POTF, Commtechs, and EP1 all at a $1.97 in the past at TRU. Right now targets got left over POTJ figures for a buck something and delux POTJ figs at $3.94.

acidious
05-07-2002, 03:36 AM
You all must be living in the perfect world out there. Nothing goes on sale here, unless it's beat up or half opened. I may have seen maybe 40 EP1 figs on sale for $3, and that was only 3 different characters: Maul(like there weren't enough to give one to everyone in the world!!), Qui-gon, and Jar-Jar. Most had their commtechs lifted or 30 pricetags where they were ruduced so often by, oooooooh, $.05 at a time. All I have is one Walmart, or a 20min to 1 1/2 hr drive. At least I don't shovel driveways on Hoth!!!

R2-D2
05-07-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Toolshed
there were not shipped one case per store. i work a tru down in south texas and we just got 16 case of just this wave in with our ep2 count dooku case. it will most likely be the last of them that we get though. although tru is not reducing the price we have a crap load of them and i have to say. if anyone needs one. please let me know i can pick one up for you at cost plus shiping (actually it will be like 5.83 with tax and my discount and like 3 bucks priority shipping). i hate scalping and theres this place in mall right behind us that sell collectibles for really high prices. im actually thinking about buying all the dooku's before they do and sell them at cost to collector's because if tha store gets them they'll be marked up to $30. i hate buying crap for that much when i need it so, if anyone need a dook still lmk. anyways. talk to ya'll later

I PM'd you about getting some of these figures. I need 2 of each if you can still get them for my brother and I. amy-stac@dakota.net. Let me know!
R2

MichaelV103
05-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by mistikal07
I have an MOMC Bo-Shek and Teebo, I had the R4-M9 but I traded him to someone yesterday. lmk if any of you guys need him.. I have a hefty want list.
I would be interested in trading. You can email me your want list at MichaelV103@aol.com

MichaelV103
05-09-2002, 05:49 PM
If you want to trade email me your want list at MichaelV103@aol.com

Figurestasher
05-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by acidious
At least I don't shovel driveways on Hoth!!!

We don't have driveways on Hoth! Snowboarding is our main source of transportation. Ok back to reality here, yeh in southern Cali SW stuff is always clearanced. Maybe if you made a friend out here yopu could trade figures through the mail. Also I 've seen stuff that was clearanced go for cheap on yahoo and ebay so check that out. There is no perfect world any where. When you see the same SW stuff clearanced over and over even if its hard to find other places it becomes a little blaw after awhile.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-11-2002, 11:27 PM
I just read the post about KMart having a buy-one-get-one 50% off sale next week. If your stores have this wave, you can get them for about $5.25 apiece, or in fact any other POTJ figure.

jedi master sal
05-14-2002, 11:13 AM
Yeah, that's a great deal for figs. They should have thought of that on 4/23. they might have had more sales. but with them only having the same figs as everyone else and none of the higher waves, I doubt many will take advantage of it. I can't find the older waves (POTJ) at K-Mart.

Too bad. I would have liked getting them for cheaper.

DrewDewce
05-14-2002, 09:13 PM
I was lucky enough to snag an apparently fresh Bo Shek on Saturday morning when looking for the Bespin Wave. I didn't get many of the EpI figs and wasn't keeping up on the POTJ figs. I saw Eeth Koth and had to have him, and then saw quite a few Bo Sheks. I didn't get the droid and when I went back, all of them were gone. I had no idea.

acidious
05-16-2002, 02:16 AM
Thanks to a newly recieved Imperial Officer, my POTJ collection is complete. All I need is a clean scout trooper. But I consider the coll. complete because I have the dirty one. Anyone have a clean for trade?
What is it with them discontinuing the force files for only, what, 8 figs? They are easier to pack away, but it just looks shoddy and miss matched when displayed together.
But I must admit to liking the POTJ because there were a lot of figures included in the coll that had never been made before with a lot of cool(but overpriced)vehicles and such, 100th Luke & 12" Luke w/ Yoda among others to accompany the 3 3/4" lines. I think even the smaller waves were easy to keep up with and collect except for the fact that most were not produced in LARGE quantities like the AOTC. Good for getting them all, but for the fans moreso than the ($)collector.

I happen to be both and PROUD of it.

All overcompulsive, completist, diehard Star Wars fans...Lemme hear ya, May the force be with all of you.

DrewDewce
06-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Found some more of this wave at a WM today, so I got R4 & Teebo, and a BoShek to open. I was very surprised to see these.

Big Chewie
06-19-2002, 02:35 PM
I posted this in another thread before I found this one so sorry for asking twice, but I recently started collecting and I came across Bo Shek, Teebo, & R4-M9 for $8.99 each. Is this too high of a price or are they worth it. I like to open them, but may keep them carded if they are no fun.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 02:59 PM
$8.99 is high for SW figures, but given the scarcity of these 3, I would go ahead and get them. IMO they are 3 of the best figures from this line and you will not find them any cheaper.
In fact I just checked ebay, and the R4-M9 by itself is going for around 10 bucks a pop. Add shipping and it will be more.
$8.99 doesnt sound too bad now, does it?

Big Chewie
06-19-2002, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the input JangoFett96.
Your right.When you put it that way $8.99 doesnt sound as bad as it is.
I'm going back tomorrow & hope they are still there.
Thanks again

Big Chewie

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Good luck, Big Chewie!!
Hope you are able to find them.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Big Chewie
I posted this in another thread before I found this one so sorry for asking twice, but I recently started collecting and I came across Bo Shek, Teebo, & R4-M9 for $8.99 each. Is this too high of a price or are they worth it. I like to open them, but may keep them carded if they are no fun.

I would get them unless you want to chance that they'll still show up at TRU. Mine keeps getting the last two waves now and again.

I'm really optimistic that they'll finally show up en masse for a huge clearance sale like with the FF and EP1 figures.

Big Chewie
06-20-2002, 11:15 PM
SCORED!!!
All 3 were still there. BoShek, Teebo, & R4-M9. Got the last Teebo so I'm glad I went back today.
Also picked up Luke X-Wing Pilot and Han Deathstar escape for $5 ea. Was the first time I had seen them since I started so late.

I havent opened them yet ,I'm hoping I can find them somewhere else cheaper & return these, but if not oh well!.I swear I hear them saying "open me, open me" so I probably will have them opened before morning!

Thanks to both of you for helping decide what to do, sometimes you just need a nudge to do it

Big Chewie

karateyoda17
06-21-2002, 02:07 AM
Usually the last wave of a series is just naturally hard to find. EP1's sio bibble, grapple hook queen and pit droids were darn near impossible to find and Hooded Leia and Mottie were the last of the POTF2 and were very hard to come across too. Heck I still dont have a Sio Bibble. I would just imagine the same for our POTJ final figure friends. I was lucky enough to recieve a present yesterday from my grandfather....which was Teebo. Man that made me happy and very suprised. Thats like when he suprised me with Mottie when he was new.

thespar
07-14-2002, 12:05 AM
i got Boshek and Teebo a copy weeks after they where release. I finally got R4 about the middle of last month after a online store.

KingOfSting
07-14-2002, 01:35 AM
i saw these only twice; once, at the kaybee in the woodbridge mall *lower level* (NJ) sometime around late march - early april. they had quite a few teebos and r4's (got 1 of each of course) but no boshek's.. ..:(...ive also seen them at my local comic store for about $10 - $12 but i skipped on boshek to buy preview jango and r3-t7 because i thought id have trouble finding them...oh well i dont feel too bad cause now i dont see any preview figures around anymore.

BoShek
07-14-2002, 11:09 PM
I found BoShek and R4-M9 at my Wal Mart a few weeks ago. It was the first and only time they had them.

Darkross
07-15-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BoShek
I found BoShek and R4-M9 at my Wal Mart a few weeks ago. It was the first and only time they had them.

BoShek is still warming the pegs in Maine. I bought 4 R4M9's...all 4 of them from the same store 2 each time about a month apart. No more R4M9's left now...but a ton of preview figures (all 4 figures too).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-21-2002, 01:21 AM
Bo Shek and company have been finally sighted at Toys R Us here in Western NY.

The good news is that they are only $4.99 per figure. The bad news is that they were thrown in an EpII bin and were bent to hades. I already had an R4-M9 carded so I picked up one to open. It was the only one I spotted. They seemed to have a lot of Bo Sheks and Teebos though.

figrin bran
07-23-2002, 06:37 PM
i found the boshek wave today at a local tru so either they are still shipping or that was a case that had not been opened yet. i finally have a eeth koth to open! yes!!

Capitan_Moroni
07-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Did BoShek ever wear that helmet he comes with?

AdmiralPiett
08-14-2002, 12:43 AM
Actually, right before they show Boshek there is another guy walking around in the same pilot suit wearing a space helmet just like the one that the Boshek figure comes with. However, this other guy is on the other side of the bar in the background (left side). I think all the pilots generally wear the same type of suit though because Bossk has a similar suit. I wonder what the cross is for...
Piett