PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!!!

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone!!! I'm new to the boards, my name is Brian, and I have loved Star Wars ever since ANH came out. Its great to be able to share Star Wars with people who feel the same passion for it as I do:)

Well, if you cry easy, dont read the following... I had everything from the 80's-1999 that was made from Hasbro(from the vintage stuff, to the potf2 stuff) all in storage when I was moving, and, ready? It and two houses near it burnt to the ground. And one person was killed also, a 63 year old lady:( Her death of course was upseting, even though I did not know her, but my collection is gone also:(

The main thing that ****es me off when I tell people, is that some say 'OH NO ALL THAT MONEY ITS WORTH!!' Bull, I could care less because I dont sell, and its worth more to me then money. Hey, I cried over it lol.

But my point is, I just started collecting again, and I'm glade I have people to share in our finds and gripes:D I of course, went on the morning of the 23rd and got everything that came out, but most is on lay-o-way till the 15th(my next check), But I still bought a bit to hold me over:)

Here is a pic of what little I have in my hands now, but I have EVERYTHING the 15th:)

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 12:40 AM
Two AWESOME posters:)

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 12:42 AM
So, I look foward to meeting everyone!!!!! Take care:)

2-1B
05-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Hello and welcome sir. :) Mind if I call ya Ani ? :D

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 01:00 AM
Howdy! And nope:D

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 01:10 AM
That really sucks about your collection. I'm having the most horrible visions of your poor remote control Sandcrawler going up in flames . . .

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 01:42 AM
I'll get everything back from potf2 and up:D

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 01:54 AM
You're obviously very proud of your new collection which is great. Too bad about all your old stuff, though. Good luck rebuilding it all!

Look on the bright side, at this point you might be able to buy the POTF2 figures cheaper than what they were at retail.:cool:

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
You're obviously very proud of your new collection which is great. Too bad about all your old stuff, though. Good luck rebuilding it all!

Look on the bright side, at this point you might be able to buy the POTF2 figures cheaper than what they were at retail.:cool:

But where?:(

I have a few from POTJ, pic bellow.

humsup
05-03-2002, 03:15 AM
DAMN!! you got 3 Royal Guards - green with envy.

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 04:04 AM
Yep, plus one on lay-o-way:)

Dryanta
05-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Hey Ani,
Welcome and enjoy.Sorry to hear about the loss.It's just stuff,but I think you already know that.:)
The bright side to me would be the thrill of the hunt all over again.
Hope to see you around.There's great people here and we can always use more.

187-Maul
05-03-2002, 07:55 AM
HI and welcome aboard
man that sith poster looks awesome
have to get me one myself...

InsaneJediGirl
05-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Hi Ani!

I have that same poster on the right(The Battle of Genosis)..best one yet(besides the movie poster)

Sorry to hear about your loss..I'm sure your collection will be back in shape soon;) :D

Darth Ovori
05-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi and Welcome, sorry to hear about your first collection, I also feel the same about my figures, that it's not about money...

Dammit, 3 royal guards... ;)

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Hey there Ani!! I am glad to have you here... being someone who collects without the intent on selling!!!! We needed to have another one like you here!!! I'm especially glad that you are an OFF-CARD appreciater like ME! :happy:

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Welcome Ani.
Good luck to you on rebuilding your collection. Most people look at it as just toys, but to us our collections are our masterpieces. Each figure and vehicle has a story to it;how we got it, where at, when, etc. So I feel your pain about losing your stuff.
By the way, where did you get those 2 posters? Theyre pretty sweet.

eliwankenobi
05-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Hi Ani, welcome aboard. I feel your loss, as I too once owned nearly everything of the vintage line - however mine were lost by choice at a time in which I thought I had "outgrown" them (which I kick myself for every day now!!). I started collecting again in '95 and have recovered most of what I once had in new stuff, though I look back longingly on the vintage stuff, and can remember each item's story and uniqueness. Ah, memories... <sniff>
But life goes on... And so does SW!!

Welcome! And happy hunting!!

jedi master sal
05-03-2002, 12:40 PM
My vintage collection was THROWN out by my grandparents (to whom I lived with at the time) They felt I was too old for toys and no matter how hard I tried to talk them out of it, they still threw them out. That night I did sneak out with a showbox and got as many figs as i could fit in it. I managed about 30 (most of which was hoth soldiers and snowtroopers) at least I had that until My mom and I moved from their house and they got "lost in transit" from Pittsburgh to Phoenix.

Now that I'm "ALL GROWN UP" he he, I have a rather large collection and am very proud of it.

Good Luck to you and your "Rebuilding"

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone:) The posters where bought at wal-mart. Yeah, it will be fun hunting once again, and I'm sorry for all of the other stories I have heard:(

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the tip, Ani. I will check Wal-Mart this weekend.

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Thanks for the tip, Ani. I will check Wal-Mart this weekend.

Yeah you should pick them up, there really cool looking:)

RooJay
05-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Welcome! I'd like to say that I really sympathize with your loss. A few years ago almost ALL of my original Star Wars toys (I'm talking about my childhood playthings here!) were stolen out of my storage unit along with about $7000 woth of collectibles! The loss of the memories hurts the most. I feel your pain.

ANAKIN_SOLO
05-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
Welcome! I'd like to say that I really sympathize with your loss. A few years ago almost ALL of my original Star Wars toys (I'm talking about my childhood playthings here!) were stolen out of my storage unit along with about $7000 woth of collectibles! The loss of the memories hurts the most. I feel your pain.

Man, that just plain sucks, all there is to it.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 02:36 AM
If I lost my entire collection to a fire, I doubt that I would recollect it. I'd certainly miss my stuff but it would be too much work for me.
I admire your resolve. :)

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 02:22 AM
I'd have trouble re-collecting the old POTF2 stuff now. I liked it so much then because there was nothing else, now most of those figures just don't cut the mustard anymore.

Obi-Don
05-05-2002, 04:37 AM
I hate the lost of your stuff. I didn't have a very big collection,but it was sold in a yard sale while I was off in the Army. So to all that lost something that meant a lot to you. I feel your pain.:(

Obi-Don
05-05-2002, 04:39 AM
This wasn't suposed to be a new thread. I hit the wrong one,sorry.

Pendo
05-05-2002, 12:41 PM
I don't have a BIG Star Wars collection but I have quite a bit, and when I was on holiday someone who WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING AFTER THE HOUSE let thier dog in and it chewed up quite a bit of it... Most of my 1977 figures (still in packaging) had dog slobber all over them and teeth marks through them. I was so angry!!!

...Anyway, it was all a long time ago. Sorry to everyone else who had their collection destroyed.

PENDO!

Pendo
05-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
This wasn't suposed to be a new thread. I hit the wrong one,sorry.

Don't you just hate it when that happens??? Someone could merge it with the other thread for you...

PENDO!

RooJay
05-05-2002, 06:11 PM
You put the dog down "Old Yeller" style right? I would've. I would've left the owner hurtin' too!

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 12:36 AM
It could be merged, but what thread was it meant to go in?

Pendo
05-06-2002, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing it was meant to go in the Hi everyone!!!! thread because they're all talking about their destroyed collections.

PENDO!

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 09:54 PM
And I'm guessing that's what Dar Argol thought too, since someone merged it here and it wasn't me. ;)

Dar' Argol
05-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Sorry JT, ment to put in a reason for merging and my computer kicked me off:mad:. Stupid computer!!

QLD
05-07-2002, 06:48 PM
If I lost my stuff....I would probably stop all together.

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 03:38 AM
No prob DA, it's not that big a deal, especially when it's that obvious.