PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Forum E2 Review!!

Beast
05-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Sounds like it is going to be a major hit, the film reviewer from HTF is comparing it to Empire and gave it 5 out of 5 rating. Read about it here and rejoice. Here is a sneak peek at his review, go and read it now. :)

I so much wanted the title of this review to be called George Lucas Redeemed. I never thought I would be saying this, but it is quite obvious that Lucas has not lost his touch. Attack Of The Clones is the most immense science fiction project ever brought to the screen. There are so many moments that your jaw just drops to the floor. The final 30 minutes of film hits you so hard with action and visual assaults that dizziness is sure to ensue. It's dark, it's serious, and it goes back to the formula that made everyone fall in love with the series in the first place. This is the film that every other film this Summer is going to have to measure up to.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/sneak/clones.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-03-2002, 08:04 AM
The kiddie
factor has also been greatly toned down, although a totally unnecessary scene addition of Yoda teaching a group of child
students reminds us that the film is trying its best to relate to all fan age levels.

Not having seen the film, I can't comment on whether it's a good scene, but I am suspicious of the opinion that it is totally unnecessary as it seems intriguing to me to learn more about the training schedule of Jedi. :)

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 09:40 AM
You know... if you think about it- they say the Jedi are "all but wiped out" during the conflict. Well... think about it. That would mean the little rugrats were killed too... most of them probably weren't even 10 yet! :cry: Maybe it's just something else to think about. Another facet of how horrible the war actually was!

DeadEye
05-03-2002, 03:40 PM
In all likelihood, Anakin/Vader kills the younglings in Episode 3.

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah and Yoda and Obi just let it happen.

They're cowards.

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
You know... if you think about it- they say the Jedi are "all but wiped out" during the conflict. Well... think about it. That would mean the little rugrats were killed too... most of them probably weren't even 10 yet! :cry: Maybe it's just something else to think about. Another facet of how horrible the war actually was!

I've thought about that too. That would certainly be an indication of how horrible things get.

But I wonder if maybe the children are just scattered, or sent back to their families. If Jedi are being hunted down and destroyed then the families might be able to take back the very young ones (such as Yoda is seen teaching) and never mention the force again. They would still be force sensitive, but if they grew up and forgot about it then they might escape the purge.

Beast
05-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I've thought about that too. That would certainly be an indication of how horrible things get.

But I wonder if maybe the children are just scattered, or sent back to their families. If Jedi are being hunted down and destroyed then the families might be able to take back the very young ones (such as Yoda is seen teaching) and never mention the force again. They would still be force sensitive, but if they grew up and forgot about it then they might escape the purge.
They'll probably make the death of the young Jedi students somthing that occurs off screen in E3. Likely we'll see a squad of CloneTroopers gun down a Jedi or two who're trying to protect the students. Then they'll go into the dormatory and the door will slide shut, and we'll hear blaster fire and screams before the scene cuts away. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
05-04-2002, 10:17 PM
i always thought it was known or accepted that the jedi purge would occur between episode 3 and 4, in a period of about 15-18 years. there is going to have to be a lot going on with just anakin and his fall in episode 3. lucas won't have time to show vader hunting down and killing the remaining jedi who survive the clone wars.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 10:55 PM
I seriously doubt that a scene of Anakin slaughtering children would make it into a Star Wars film, not even an R-Rated film would dare show that.

I assume the kid Jedi are killed; but obviously not onscreen. Maybe they just won't be mentioned again and their fate will be left to our imagination.

chewie
05-04-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm just gonna go and say that he turns them into the royal guards.

Boba Fetish
05-05-2002, 12:42 AM
Hey if you guys haven't gone here yet,

www.episode-x.com

then I suggest checking it out. They have links to reviews done by various websites. It sounds like a promising movie, especially since the reviewers range from people who did not like E1 to people who aren't even Star Wars fans. They all gave the movie good reviews. Gotta go, seeing the midnight showing of Spider Man.