PDA

View Full Version : UK - Have you found any new waves?

kadamontaga
05-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone,
Have the new waves started showing up in your part of the country?

We just got back from TRU in nottingham and derby and here are our findings:
Nottingham and Derby both have Zam in droves. Derby is better stocked than nottingham, having almost all of the first 26 figures. We also found the new Qui-Gon in Derby. Didn't buy him though - looked crappy.
Still no sign of Dooku.

How is everyone else getting on now the shops have restocked? And has the situation with Woolies changed? Ours still has the OPD anakin pegwarmer and his chums.

gibbspaulus
05-03-2002, 10:57 AM
I went round Woolies, The Entertainer, Alders in Romford and Ilford and they all just have the first three figures, plus two deluxe. No luck on anyone else. I don't drive so I can't get to any local TOys R Us. I've taken the bull by the horns and ordered a couiple of ones from The ToySHop.com. I bought a load in the US last week so I only have six to find now - inc Dooku!!!

BOBA_FETT_19228
05-03-2002, 01:09 PM
I just got my last 4 from the first initial 26 at the toyshop.com. I just got fed up with my local TRU saying when I phoned them that they have had a delivery but they blatantly had no new figure's when I got there. But alas TRU seem to be the best place at the moment for new item's, just wish they would hurry up and get Dooku.

kadamontaga
05-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Here's an update:
We went to sheffield last saturday, visiting TRU, Starstore and Forbidden Planet.

Forbidden Planet:
A decent enough selection of POTJ and AOTC, a pound or two over TRU's price.

Starstore:
One or two preview figures. No POTJ.

TRU:
Again, a good selection of AOTC. But our best finds were two non-electric lightsabers! I didn't think they were gonna release these.
They're a fair bit smaller than the electric ones, and the blade is fully collapsible into the hilt. It then locks in place, allowing he hilt to be hung upside-down on your belt. To release the blade you have to swing the saber or hold it upside down while pressing the release button. We saw 2 different hilts, one that looked lik Obi-Wan's and one that looked like a generic saber. Four baldes were also available:
Red,
Green
Blue
Purple

10 at TRU.

Let us know if you find the new AOTC waves :)

Darth Evil
05-07-2002, 01:46 PM
I've seen nothing interesting, the first wave is pegwarming already here and I've seen Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid, Padme and R2 near me.

Jargo
05-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Found a few pegs of Zam Wessel in the Chester TRU today. Plus the deluxe figures. Found Yoda and some clonetroopers in the Liverpool and Chester TRU.

Nothing else interesting but if the Battle droids are going to be changing to the red variety soon, if you haven't got a cream one then get one. Seems the red one will be more readily available than the cream version. A true variant and not just a silly error.

I'm waiting for the Massif /w Geonosian handler, Orn Free Taa, Shaak Ti and Dooku to show up. Should start seeing those soon. BTW, Woolworth's in Birkenhead had just Obi-Wan Coruscant chase and jango Fett Kamino escape when I looked today. They'd sold out of Anakin peasant. Not that I wanted any of them but that's all they had. Pathetic isn't it?

kadamontaga
05-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Just to reiterate, if anyone else from the Midlands is reading this, TRU is Derby and Nottingham have been very well stocked on every visit. TRU Derby has several of most figures.
TRU sheffield is also worth a look if you're in the area.

If anyone is having any difficulty finding things, send me an email at kadamontaga@yahoo.co.uk and I might be able to pick a figure or two up for you. I'll sell the figure at cost, but you'll have to pay for postage too.

Cheers

odb
05-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Just to let you know the Entertainer and TRU in Lakeside (Essex) have a good selection in, if a bit limited(TRU were putting out new figures). I saw Zam, Taun We, Nikto Jedi, Shaa Ti, Yoda and Orn Free Taa as well as a few others. No Jango Fett strangely though:confused:

But funnily enough the independant(scalper) store there seemed to have all the collection 2 figures (marked up to 8 a figure) though with TRU and the Entertainer's stocks deeply depleted. Coincidence? You decide.

kadamontaga
05-13-2002, 01:25 PM
We just got back from TRU in Derby...
Their stock is running pretty low at the moment. It looks like someone came in and bought several of everything over the weekend. So that's the bad news...

The good news is that there were three boxes full of Djas Puhr on the floor. I reckon that must mean about 3 dozen of the little fella. Its a shame they haven't got some of the other figures we were expecting, but its nice to see them get anything new :)

We've attached a carded picture for evidence, and I'll follow up with a loose shot.

If anyone is absolutely desperate to get this guy, we might be able to go back tomorrow and pick up a few.

kadamontaga
05-13-2002, 01:37 PM
Here's a loose shot. Forgive the quality of the pictures - cheap webcam.

From first impressions, he a nicely sculpted fellow with two nice guns and two working holsters! He's slightly action-posed, but still looks okay having a casual drink, as it were. He also comes with blast effects similar to preview Jango's.
His joints are probably the worst point - his left shoulder is too tight and his waist is quite loose.

gibbspaulus
05-14-2002, 07:17 AM
The entertainer in Romford (opened last week) is doing okay. Had a good selection of about 8 figures last week inc Royal Guar and Dexter. Now running a bit low, with multiple Jar-Jars (what, really?), Taun-We's and Geo warriors.

Wrong thread, but they have a few POTJ and EP 1 bits going as well.

kadamontaga
05-15-2002, 06:55 AM
The Private Universe http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html is reporting that the Bespin Wave and Dooku have turned up in Southampton. And there's another report of Luke in another TRU. Eyes open.

mightywhelk
05-15-2002, 07:30 AM
I've just got an alert from www.r2dtoys.com that they have Dooku and Mace in stock at 7 each.

kadamontaga
05-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Here's another update on the continuing adventures of kadamontaga...

We saw on The Private Universe that the Bespin wave and Count Dooku were turning up all over the country in TRU. So, at about 7pm we went to the Derby branch. At this time they tend to have the new boxes on the floor. We were told that in the morning they are transferred to the shelves if there is space and put in the back in the pegs are full.

When we arrived there was no sign of any new figures or boxes on the floor. So we asked a member of staff who went to have a look in the back. She told us that there had been no delivery of SW today.

So went drove to nottingham, getting there at about 7:25pm

Nothing.

So, in a last attempt, we went back to TRU Derby. As we walked in the voice-over thing said that the shop would be closing in 5 minutes. Then we spotted them - there were several boxes of Dooku, Darth, Jango, Luke and Mace. We got one of each except Mace. Pretty good eh?

Croaker
05-20-2002, 07:41 AM
I picked those ones up as well.
I found out that TRU gets its figs in complete boxes - as in the box is entirely one figure.
I had been working on the assumption that they had the same case assortments as the US.

Haven't found Dejas or Orn Free Ta yet.

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 08:05 AM
TRU Bedford had loads of Djas, Picked one up yesterday and a Dooku which they also had loads of.
Funny thing is when I went there last week for my first lot of Ep 2 they had small amounts of all of the first wave (apart from Shaak Ti dammit) then when I went back this week larger amounts of less figures which is strange if they buy unmixed cases they must be shiftin loads of the less popular ones.

kadamontaga
05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
As you may have seen on The Private Universe over the last couple of days, Palpatine is turning up in TRUs up and down the country.
We can confirm that the Derby branch have him in stock, but not on the shelves. We asked a nice lady and she brought us one.

In the end we didn't buy him though, his robes looks naff and he had chicken pox. We can't wait for the next wave to arrive :) Has anyone heard first hand when to expect it?

jedi_uk73
05-30-2002, 05:05 PM
Orn Free Taa & Endor Rebel Soldier (Bearded Version) are now out in TRU's. Got mine earlier today at the Brighton store. Reports of other TRU's also filling shelves.

Jargo
05-31-2002, 01:46 PM
Shaak Ti won't be in stores until July when she ships with the Acklay. Got my Palpatine in Liverpool or Chester TRU, both had him. Plus loads of royal guards still. Mostly the pegs are choked with wave one collection one crap. I'm giving up on TRU basically and going back to shopping online. I can't be bothered with the hunt at my age. It's more convenient to just order from somewhere that has the stock ready to go whenever. Plus there's no disapproving looks from geeky fanboys when you buy more than one of any figure. (Duffy72 who posts at the private universe) :mad:

Darth Evil
05-31-2002, 02:01 PM
I found Yoda, Hangar Anakin, Clonetrooper, Zam and Dooku in a comic shop near me today. I bought Yoda and Hangar Anakin, both are very good. I got Dooku today too, I ordered him from R2DToys.

The One
06-02-2002, 12:19 AM
Hi, I live in L.A. California where there are tons of Shaak Ti, I was wondering why you don't just order on the different action figure web sites where they are really cheap or on Amazon.com? Everyones complaigning how hard they are to get, they are all over the internet and the States, and alot of places out here ship? So did you guys just get cases without Shaak Ti or is it just a hot figure where because everyone wants it, it creates a false demand for just another figure? Anyways there are tons of ways to get that figure without having to wait until July to get it. Rediculous

The One-

Darth Havoc
06-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Figures ship in cases of just the one figure, not assortments, over here in the UK :)

Also, Amazon didn't ship figures to the UK last time I checked.

I got mine from r2dtoys.com for 8.
Worth a bit more not to wait and worry (or worry about import charges) :)

jedi_uk73
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Got my Shaak Ti from a local collectors store on Saturday. Cost me 6.49. Not bad for a figure thats not even in the UK yet. The store got it from Malaysia, as it's got an import sticker on the back. I could have waited till July, but it was the only figure I needed to complete the current released set.

jedi_uk73
06-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Just found the new Massiff figure in TRU. Not bad, only articulated in the jaw though, gen warrior is a nice pack-in to build up those dioramas.

kadamontaga
06-07-2002, 04:14 PM
I got a Massif today as well, from Derby TRU. I think its a pretty good figure but not great. It doesn't have as much visual impact as some of the other recent ones. I'm also finding the geonossian quite hard to stand.

Does anyone know roughly when to expect Obi, Han and Chewy?

jedi_uk73
06-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Han, Chewie & Obi Wan have just hit the US. We have been getting the SAGA figs about 3-4 weeks later. So with a bit of luck, maybe at the start of July.

Anybody got release info of the other version of the rebel soldier? I got the bearded one, just need the clean shaven version.

Jargo
06-08-2002, 08:36 AM
Later in the year I heard, sometime in the fall or at xmas but possibly not until next year.

Toypalace are getting Chewie next week apparently. I've seen everything but Djas Puhr and Orn free Taa at liverpool and Chester TRU's. The staff at both those stores are really helpful, Let me go through all the cases waiting to be put out.
I'm hoping the new deluxe figures and the Acklay will show soon. They've been released but.....

I'm wondering if hasbro will make these WAL*MART accessory packs available over here. The Endor pack is the one I'm after. :)

Darth Evil
06-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I hope they release the accessory packs too.

Darth Havoc
06-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Hello :)

The Han and Obi-Wan Pilot figures are out in Portsmouth, so I'd assume everywhere will have them soon.
Not seen Chewbacca yet :)

jedi_uk73
06-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Portsmouth. Um. I only live a few miles away from there. Have to check it out.

Darth Havoc, have you been into Essential Collectables lately ??, I haven't had time to pop in there for a while. Have they got any decent stuff at a resonable price ??

odb
06-14-2002, 03:22 PM
Here's the latest from Lakeside for those interested:

TRU: Lots in but mostly pegwarmers, there were a few Yodas, Maces, Anakins Hanger Duel and Palpatines. Surprising number of Clonetroopers and JF Arena Battles.

The Entertainer: Loads of pegwarmers. But also quite a few Massifs, Endor Soldiers, Orn Free Taasand Qui Gonns.

The Void and the poster shop had more of the later waves including the Royal Guard, Vader, Lukes etc mostly around 8,9 and 10.

Darth Havoc
06-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by jedi_uk73
Darth Havoc, have you been into Essential Collectables lately ??, I haven't had time to pop in there for a while. Have they got any decent stuff at a resonable price ??

Yup. Its EC who have them. They had loads, so Im not picking them up till tomorrow. They're 7 each.

By the way, incase you didn't know, the Southsea branch has now closed down, and they're based in Arundel street.
Theyre hoping to open another branch in Gosport in the coming weeks :)

Havent checked TRU yet this week.

jedi_uk73
06-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Blimey, EC is getting around a bit, first Albert Street, then Palmerston Road (now closed) and now in Arundel Street. Gosport is a pain to get to from my part of West Sussex.

Might have to pop over within the next few weeks. I have all the current SAGA figures, but always on the lookout for other bits that catch my eye.

Is the shop any better than the old Southsea branch, their website has been down for months.

BTW have you tried shop in Albert Street used 2 be called Time Frame, changed names now but still same owner. He sometimes has a few good buys. His Collectors fair buddy has a shop in Bognor Regis, worth a look there too, if you can get there.

Darth Havoc
06-16-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by jedi_uk73
Is the shop any better than the old Southsea branch, their website has been down for months.

Well, it's smaller, and more crammed than the old one:(
Especially since they'd had two shops in Palmerston road:(

So the display isnt as impressive as it used to be, but they still have LOTS of stuff you wont find easily anyplace else around here.

BTW have you tried shop in Albert Street used 2 be called Time Frame, changed names now but still same owner. He sometimes has a few good buys. His Collectors fair buddy has a shop in Bognor Regis, worth a look there too, if you can get there.

Yeah, Sci Fi city. Justin is an old friend of mine. He still calls the shop Time Frame when he answers the phone :p
I used to go have a table on their shows, and with the old EC shows too.
I used to make those Darth Homer, ect customs, but I dont have time anymore :)

jedi_uk73
06-16-2002, 08:25 AM
I have one of those Darth Homers, and a Millhouse Boba Fett. Those things were fantastic, great shame you don't have any more, as I would have liked to get the whole series.

I haven't seen Justin for a while, but as I say his friend Mo, has a shop in Bognor, he gets great stuff and at a good price.

May have to be in contact with you a bit more, maybe share some other good contacts etc. I only live about 20miles from Pompey.

P.S. What other SW stuff do you collect?? or is it just the figures ?? I may be able to help you on other things you require.

kadamontaga
06-20-2002, 06:35 AM
My girlfriend tells me that Obi Wan Pilot is out in TRU Woking, Surrey. And some people on The Private Universe are reporting Han Solo finds at TRU. Can anyone else confirm this, and has anyone seen Chewy or the Nexu yet?

Also, when would you expect Deluxe Yoda to be released over here?

jedi_uk73
06-20-2002, 06:43 AM
Kadamontaga ;

Obi Wan Pilot & Han Solo are out. MY local(ish) TRU have them.

Chewbacca is reported to be out at the end of the month. So hopefully within the next week or so.

As for Nexu, not yet same for Deluxe Yoda.

jedi_uk73
06-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Portsmouth TRU have Obi Wan & Han Solo in stock, no sign of unleashed figures as yet.

Plenty of Clonetroopers, Dexter, Boba, Jango and other usual pegwarmers on the shelves.

kadamontaga
06-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Sheffield have Han Solo and the Unleashed Darth Maul

Jargo
06-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Chester TRU has the unleashed Maul and Jango w/boba. They had Han Solo Endor raid and Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi starfighter pilot today. Tons of clonetroopers, Jango final battle, Mace Geonosian rescue. Millions of Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant chase and R2-D2 Coruscant sentry.

Croaker
06-27-2002, 08:26 AM
Same at Liverpool TRU

kdp100
06-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Just crawled back through the hole in the fence by this store, which has half a dozen Obi-Wan Pilots, three or four Endor Hans, and one Unleashed Fett pair - as well as the usual Clone troopers, umpteen Padmes, countless Jangos & various Jedi and a Palpatine. Toward the back of the store they also have a few more Saga pegwarmers, several sneak preview figures... and on clearance there's a crate of Leia Organas (white award ceremony gown, complete with medal - yawn!) for 96p each.

No sign of Bespin Chewie or deluxe Anakin/Geonosian, though.

jedi_uk73
06-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Brighton TRU have both the unleashed figures in for 14.99, and the new deluxe Anakin with Geo Warrior.

Loads of Han Solos, Obi Wan (pilot & CE), Jango (Kamino & arena), Clonetroopers & Dexter.

The Private Universe
06-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Hey bit of a TPU convention here :)

I really appreciate you guys passing on TPU news as it helps the fans enjoy SW more in the UK...

SSG is rapidly becoming a regular haunt...

Sorry can't add anything to the thread, but check TPU sometime if you don't know it already.

Pete

Jargo
07-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Above and beyond have got the Acklay and Anakin deluxe in stock. The Acklay is trilogo which means the box looks really **** poor and the entire back is just a huge black square with everything printed multiple times over in really tiny white print you can't read. The information about the Acklay's guts is on the side of the box, and that's all she wrote. Price was 19.99 which is just 3 over expected TRU retail. It's a nice beast but the legs are strange to work out and get the thing to stand or rather crouch. You feel like you'll break it if youmove the legs but it's fairly sturdy and thanks to our colder climate it stays standing and doesn't sag in the middle like it does for the Americans :)

Didn't pick up the deluxe Anakin with geonosian because it looked cheap and nasty. Above and beyond price was 8.99 though.

jedi_uk73
07-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Hasbro.co.uk now has new Chewbacca & Nexu listed. 5.99 & 8.99 respectively.

Colonel Jack O'Neil
07-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Thanks mate, just ordered both, now just need to wait for the next wave of figs.

Jargo
07-11-2002, 06:00 AM
I'm sorry, just had to stop a second and say why did Pete TPU come in here to advertise his site when half of you already go there? Pete comes over here and expects to leave shameless adverts for TPU everywhere and not be deleted? Maybe if he contributed he'd get cut some slack. As it is I can't help seeing him as one of those annoying door to door salesmen.

Anyway rant over. Ordered the Nexu and Chewbacca from Hasbro.co.uk myself last night. All's we need now is the Teemto Pagalies wave to start showing up.

kadamontaga
07-12-2002, 05:49 PM
TPU reports Chewbacca at Swansea TRU. Has it started showing up anywhere else? Is anyone near Sheffield TRU?

When do you expect the Nexu to turn up over here?

Colonel Jack O'Neil
07-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Good to hear that the chewbacca is in the shops now, but considering I got my Chewbacca and Nexu on wednesday for the same price as TRU sell, im not worse off, the Nexu is great, press the little button and it roars.

Jargo
07-12-2002, 09:31 PM
R2DToys has the Nexu in stock and the Anakin with Geo warrior. Plus the chewbacca and the new Darth Maul but that was very limited and a steep 12. OUCH!

Chester TRU didn't have anything beyond Han Endor raid on thursday. Phoned Warrington TRU and they had no clue about any new stock coming in at all and practically denied the existence of the Chewbacca wave!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nexu is fantastic. Push his tongue right in and he says Jargo :D There are four sounds on the Nexu but two are very similar and one of the similar two is combined with the third sound when you push the tongue. Confused? try it. Wiggle the side button when you press and you get two different sound effects. Push the tongue lightly and get one sound, push it right in and hold it and you get something different. Too cool for words. Plus the head rotates and the jaw stays open, the tail is a great pice of sturdy bendy technology, the legs are fairly stiff at the joints and he can be posed in different ways although limited by the sculpting of the legs. But you can get him to look like he's climbing or stalking. Buying from Hasbro.co.uk got me the second package variant that's got the corrected paint application on the spines and tail. You can tell it because it's packed straight across the blister and the incorrect one or early release is packed diagonally across the blister. :)

Colonel Jack O'Neil
07-13-2002, 05:07 AM
They have the Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack instock also and I dont think 12 is bad for a figure which isnt out anywhere yet.

jedi_uk73
07-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Don't pay anything above 5.99 for a figure. I know R2Dtoys has the non-UK-released waves in, but they will be in TRU's very soon. Have patience.

If you want the figures now, buy them, it's your choice, but I would rather wait for UK release.

kdp100
07-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Just been to R2DToys at Turnpike Lane and picked up what I was told was the last Tatooine Anakin (although this figure looks like it's going to be quite a disappointment). They've still got some Mauls, Nexus and a "deluxe" Anakin on display, although I don't know whether these had already been sold on-line. They'd certainly sold out of Teemtos, although one was on display on the counter next to a Silver Anniversary R2.

They say they'll be getting another larger delivery either next weekend or the one after that.

The new Chewbacca has finally arrived in London, though - I saw several on the pegs yesterday evening in The Cinema Store in the West End (St Martin's Lane, by Leicester Square tube) for around 12.

Jargo
07-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Ouch! 12 is hefty. :eek:

Darth Evil
07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
At least you people have a hope of finding new figures at normal prices, I pay 50% more for EVERYTHING! I feel like I've said that before....

kdp100
07-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Yep, hefty all right - but I just popped by the same shop again less than 24 hours later and they'd all gone!
Ordered mine from Hasbro UK for a more reasonable price - but it just goes to show that demand is exceeding supply in these parts at the moment!

Jargo
07-14-2002, 02:57 PM
I got my Chewie and Nexu in great condition from Hasbro and chewie is one mean Wookiee. :) definately the best yet. I just hope they eventually put out a version with removable bandolier so he's more easily customisable.

I was intrigued by the Teemto showing at R2DTOYS but didn't order as I thought perhaps it was a little pricey considering it isn't really due for release here yet. I think I'll wait until it's cheaper. 5.99 is preferable to 12 any day. Hasbro should start shipping those in with the X-wing and landspeeder later this month. Man i so want those ships! If R2DTOYS are going to retail the landspeederat 16 then it's a fair bet that that's roughly what it'll go for elsewhere. The x-wing is 49 at R2DTOYS though which seems a little high to me. I was expecting 25 - 35 or thereabouts. We'll have to see what Hasbro come up with as a pricing. If they spray it with as much black paint as the salesman sample shown at rebelscum then i don't think it'll be worth the money. That was a bad paint app. :( Here's hoping the finished thing is better.....

kdp100
07-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Yes, R2DToys had several 25th-Anniv. X-Wings just arriving in stock yesterday - picked one up, also one spare preview sample of each of the deluxe Yoda and 3PO (nice). There IS a lot of black paint on the X-Wing, but I don't think this looks bad at all.
Scale on this ship seems much better than the vintage/POTF2 model and, best of all, most astromech droids fit in the droid-socket - not just the pack-in R2 (haven't tried R5 yet though).

The Private Universe
07-24-2002, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry, just had to stop a second and say why did Pete TPU come in here to advertise his site when half of you already go there? Pete comes over here and expects to leave shameless adverts for TPU everywhere and not be deleted? Maybe if he contributed he'd get cut some slack. As it is I can't help seeing him as one of those annoying door to door salesmen.

What is it with you Emp Jargo? You are the very reason I stopped coming here and infact you are the reason I didn't contact SSG with news etc. If it wasn't for Steve's friendly and pro attitude towards me I wouldn't have come back at all.

I don't why you don't like me, but hey I am sure you don't need a reason...

As for salesman, actually I am a terrible salesman because I am too honest :)

I made that post as TPU was being quoted, and I just said thanks for passing on news and helping other UK fans who don't know TPU. There are plenty who don't visit, which is fine, but sometimes we have news they should know and if the only way they find out is by people posting them in a forum then I'm cool about that...

I seem to recall your use of TPU's exclusive pics wasn't very polite, you posted them here without credit for where they came from.:mad:

The only full use of TPU's name was in my signature as well... not quite shameless... and I do contribute without mentioning TPU as well :D

Pete

Jargo
07-24-2002, 08:48 PM
Typical. that's exactly the defensive sort of response I'd expect from you. I won't waste my time arguing the toss. There are more interesting discussions to be had. :zzz:

The Private Universe
07-25-2002, 10:13 AM
You turned a perfectly good thread about availability into an excuse to insult me... what was that all about?

I won't fight a battle of wits with the unarmed :)

You ain't worth it, so I won't let you spoil it and force me out of here again...

Pete

jedi_uk73
07-25-2002, 12:03 PM
I don't want to get involved in this matter, but this thread is for the benefit of us UK collectors.

At the end of the day, we are all in this collecting lark together, and need to help each other out, not slag each other off.

Emperor Jargo & TPU ; whatever your differences please don't discuss them here, and if possible please sort this dispute out.

The Private Universe
07-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I totally agree... My site is there to help fans in the UK enjoy the hobby more, as is this forum. However mentioning it and the news it has seems to upset Emp Jargo, even when the only mention is in the signature...

I have to say it is he who has the problem, and I am just the victim of his prejudice. I replied to a public insult, maybe I should have raised my responce above the level I received, that I am guilty of agreed. If Emp Jargo would like to mail me privately to settle or thrash this out then he can do so... I come here for the info and conversation, not hassle, I have however been treated to the latter unjustifiably by Emp Jargo on a number of occasions, hence my limited number of posts.

I apologise for my part in distracting this thread from it's topic.

I believe for all UK fans to be fully informed of the situation in the UK they need to be aware of all avenues to obtain such information.

And now back to topic...

Pete

Colonel Jack O'Neil
07-27-2002, 04:48 AM
I thought I would just let everyone know that R2DToys are now taken pre-orders for the Ki-Adi-Mundi, Teemto, Darth Maul and Anakin Skywalker figures @ 6.00 each, I understand that the Anakin and Darth Maul figures should be instock now and the other 2 will arrive next friday.