PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Masterjedi73
05-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if they're going to release the millennium falcon again? Are there any plans for it?

Also....I've picked up a bunch of the new figures and I have mixed feelings about them. My son (4) and I have been opening some of them to play with, and certain figures (like the Anakin with removable arm) really stinks. The two lightsaber thing is cool, but his arm comes off too easily. The whole magnet thing is a neat idea, but just doesn't work. I also don't like how some of the lightsabers don't stay in their handle.

I do like the new lightsaber designs though. Much more detail....Jango Fett is pretty cool, and the clone trooper is neat too.

My son didn't like that the battle droid in the Mace Windu deluxe pack fell apart so easily. He wanted to glue him.

...so what are your opinions?

mrmiller
05-03-2002, 12:41 PM
I agree the Deluxe Mace Battle droid sucks. It's only good to stand up and blast apart. I opened that one first thinking I was getting 2 figures. I really got one fig and a frustrating accessory. I can't hardly get the Battle Droid to stand up and stay together long enough to blast him appart. And the Mace magnet is pitifully weak too. A friend of mine broke his Hanger Anakin out and agrees on the arm falling off easily too. So far I'm fairly disapointed in the quality. I love the sculpts and added features, but the quality for playability seems lacking.

=MATT=

Jaina Solo
05-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Don't have any of those figs yet, so I can't say. But so far my AOTC figs hold onto their accessories about as well as the older figs did- not very well.

Speaking of stuff that falls off and glue, I ended up Super-Gluing Episode I Watto's wings on. Couldn't see any reason I would ever want to take them off, so...

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Not even for "battle damage" Watto??? :confused:

Yeah... I'd kinda figured we'd be running into these problems... gimmicks rarely equal sturdiness or quality!

pthfnder89
05-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Not even for "battle damage" Watto??? :confused:

Yeah... I'd kinda figured we'd be running into these problems... gimmicks rarely equal sturdiness or quality!

True, very true. It depends on what you look for most in a figure though, because everyone has different standards. I love my Deluxe Mace, even though I can't lower his arms, and his Battle Droid falls apart.

I love the HD Anakin also, even though I had to buy two in order to have a *proper* anakin Jedi figure. The first one I stuck his magnet arm in permanently, and I cut off his gimmick hand and fixed it so that it stays where I put it.

But I also bought another HD Anakin which I keep "as is" so that I can take off his arm and swing his other wrist around.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-03-2002, 04:45 PM
They used a magnet for HD Anakin? What's wrong with a peg and a peghole? I hate Hasbro!!! They always seem to screw-up things!!! Were they the last in line when Jesus was handing out brains or something? Sjeez.

:(