PDA

View Full Version : Space Balls

evenflow
09-08-2001, 09:17 AM
This a line that I would love to see picked up. Here could be the first assortment of figures.

Lonestar
Vespa
Barth
Dot Matrix
Dark Helmet
Dark Helmet (Desert gear)
President Screwge (sp?)
Space Ball trooper
The Admiral - can;t remember his name?
Yogurt
jawa like characters
Pizza the Hutt w/ Robotic Goon pack-in
King Roland
Prince Valume
Winnebego playset

master jedi
09-08-2001, 07:35 PM
I'd like to see these figures made but I'm not holding my breath.

evenflow
09-09-2001, 08:28 AM
Same here, but it would be cool. I am trying to customize a series for myself, but it is taking a while.

ThomasLane
09-09-2001, 09:54 AM
As a side topic, you can pick of the DVD for $10 at Media Play. Good price for a great movie.

JediTricks
09-09-2001, 11:15 AM
I've never seen the list of character names for this film so badly mangled. ;)

Lonestar - "Lone Starr"
Vespa
Barth - "Barf the Mog"
Dot Matrix
Dark Helmet
Dark Helmet (Desert gear) (but why?)
President Screwge (sp?) - "Skroob"
Space Ball trooper - an "a--hole"? I'd want one of those, one with black armor, and one with white armor. ;)
The Admiral - can;t remember his name? - are you thinking of "Colonel Sanders"? He'd be a killer figure to have
Yogurt
jawa like characters - The Dinks
Pizza the Hutt w/ Robotic Goon pack-in - w/"Vinnie"
King Roland
Prince Valume - "Valium"
Winnebego playset

I dunno if I'd buy a King Roland or Prince Valium or that Dark Helmet desert gear, but if the regular Dark Helmet figure had a mask that slid up and came with figures to play with, and there was a "dented" variant figure, I'd buy those!

evenflow
09-09-2001, 02:46 PM
No need to hurt my feelings. I was actually in a rush. Most I can understand. I have NO idea where Barth came from, trust me i know it's Barf.

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 04:22 PM
With characters like Candyman, Shaft, the Blair Witch, Edward Scissorhands, and Snake Plisskin, McFarlane's obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel for more Movie Maniacs. So why not Dark Helmet--or Beetlejuice, for that matter? You listening, Todd? :)

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 06:42 PM
It almost seems like McFarlane is just filling out his own personal wish list, with little or no concern as to whether these characters actually have a fan following or not.

evenflow
09-11-2001, 03:46 PM
I would also like to see a cool Rock star series done. I liek the Jim Morrison, that rocks. I would liek to see him do Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor, Slash, and Axl Rose.

ThomasLane
09-21-2001, 02:26 PM
I think someone has already done a Beetlejuice series (or maybe they are coming out soon?). I remember seeing an ad somewhere.

BTW - I think you're right about Todd McFarlane just producing whatever he feels like. I mean, he produced a Janis Joplin figure, right? What made him believe that would sell?

JediTricks
09-22-2001, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by ThomasLane
I think someone has already done a Beetlejuice series (or maybe they are coming out soon?). I remember seeing an ad somewhere.There was a line based on the movie about 11 years ago IIRC. I didn't get any of the figures, but I remember them handing out pamphlets for the figures while I was in line waiting to see the film (they did this same thing for Batman in '89, that's why I had a Toy Biz Batmobile w/ removable shield for my birthday ;) ).

Taichi
05-01-2002, 05:15 PM
There is a new line too......

it is currently on discount at Suncoast....

Taichi
05-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Oh and for the record, the character's name is spelled:

Dark Helmut

Jayspawn
05-02-2002, 12:00 AM
Right on JediTricks! Lets also not forget...

Colonel Sanders
The Minister
Pizza Delivery Man
The Bear
The Spaceball Drummer
The Bearded Lady

2-1B
05-02-2002, 12:51 AM
Heh, what's Barf's full name?
Barfolemew something or other?

Dark Helmut Desert Gear reminds me of Mushmouth from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. I know Moranis isn't wearing a lamp shade, it just reminds me of him. :D

Beast
05-02-2002, 01:06 AM
The Space Ball Troopers are actually called "Ping Pongs". I would love a series of Spaceballs figures. Don't forget the following ones, for later assortments.:

Lone Starr and Barf: Ping Pong Troopers
Ping Pong Troopers: No Armor (Underwear)
Charecter Stunt Doubles (4-Pack)
Commanderette Zircon
Dr. Schlotkin, Gretchen, and his Caddy. :)
Transporter w/ Snotty
Sand Cruiser w/ Driver

Oh and Caeser, his full name was: Barfolemew "Barf" the Mog

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Taichi
Oh and for the record, the character's name is spelled:

Dark Helmut You sure? I've only seen it spelled "Dark Helmet".

2-1B
05-02-2002, 02:53 AM
No kiddin', where did that come from?! I don't think the character is German :rolleyes:

How about a John Hurt cameo figure?

I'd like my Barfolemew "Barf" the Mog figure to come with an articulated tail for skirt raisin' :p

187-Maul
05-02-2002, 08:39 AM
that's pretty funny Caeser about that Helmut thing
never really thought about that...man now I can't forget it and will probably always think of it when I hear the name Darth Helmut/Helmet:)

RooJay
05-02-2002, 08:58 PM
I'd buy 'em all, but I'd only want them if they were made compatible scale and detail-wise to Hasbro's Star Wars figures!