PDA

View Full Version : JEDI MASTER POINTS for figures?!

sunblind
05-03-2002, 02:12 PM
What ever happened to the secret figure offers they used to do like form the first saga.
In fact is there anything confirmed for any right now?
I wished they'd do more serect/ preview figures through the mail again.
That was cool. Because you knew you where going to get a figure that was hard to get, but you were gonna get it and not everyone would have it.

artdoesart
05-03-2002, 02:22 PM
you can say that again!

but honestly it doesn't matter since hasbro will find a way to mess it all up just like with mace windo (preview ep1) i was really happy when i got mine then found out months later they made more and were giving them away when you bought 5 figures from the fan club...

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Still... if you aren't a big fan of the fan club... It's a good way to go!

Lord Tenebrous
05-03-2002, 07:33 PM
I've always thought that they should offer a previously-released army builder for 100 JM points. Then alternate it every quarter, like:

Summer: Sandtrooper
August: Imperial Officer
Winter: Battle Droid
Spring: Clone Trooper

2-1B
05-03-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Still... if you aren't a big fan of the fan club... It's a good way to go!

Ahem,
I refer to the back page of the new AOTC toy insert booklet:

As a collector, you can't get enough Star Wars stuff. And as a Star Wars Fan Club member, you'll get first shot at hard-to-find collectibles, members-only discounted prices on merchandise, a subscription to Star Wars Insider --- and more.

:p :D :crazed:

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 10:24 PM
I agree. Wouldn't R5D4 be an outstanding secret figure. Where the hell is this guy? Hasbro is trying to give us rehashed lightsaber wielding troopers and no R5-D4? My patience is at an end.

MikeAndTheBots
05-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey Lord Tenebrous, The troop builder thing is a great idea. Too bad hasbro isn't using it.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-04-2002, 12:24 AM
The whole "having to be a FC member to get exclusive stuff" is a big load of crap. Why do I have to pay, what is it-$25 or more?, to be able to buy something that I couldn't get otherwise. That's exactly why I hate Costco; paying to have the privilege to buy something.

I wish they would either use the JM points or just do away with them. Since they are inside the package, and not on the card, retailers can't gripe about people ripping them off without paying for the figures. That way Hasbro would definitely sell more. There are plenty of carded collectors who would buy extras to open just for the JMs to get the mail-aways.

Dak Powers
05-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Oh heck yeah! What <I>are</I> they there for, anyways?

Masterjedi73
05-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Well, the Hasbro site says that they're not offering any special promotions for the jedi points now. They also said to hold onto them in case they decide to, again.

Of course by that point, they'll probably tell you that it needs to be within a certain time frame, and that you need a receipt.

...kinda sucks.

Forhekset
05-04-2002, 11:32 AM
I got tired of saving those things so I trashed all mine last year.

Jaina Solo
05-04-2002, 12:39 PM
I think the points are just another gimmick, and they're never going to do anything with them. But I'm feeling pretty cynical today.

187-Maul
05-04-2002, 02:15 PM
didn't the POTF2 figures have some kind of points on them? the rebels had a rebel sign with 2 points (i think) and the imperials had an imperial sign also with 2 points - were they ever usefull for anything?