PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter: Chunky or Creamy?

JEDIpartner
05-03-2002, 03:57 PM
I personally don't like chunky peanut butter because my mouth isn't that coordinated... unlike the rest of me. I tend slice up my mouth with those tiny bits of peanut. The flavour's not very even with chunky as well.

Also- I prefer JIF. Nice balance of sweetness and saltiness. Mmmmmmm...

Anyone else have an opinion on our old friend "peanut butter"?

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 04:00 PM
I pick creamy, although I am finding that any manner of sticky, pastelike food is not your friend when you are growing a beard.

DeadEye
05-03-2002, 04:48 PM
I prefer creamy JIF as well.

QLD
05-03-2002, 05:27 PM
I prefer crunchy JIF. They make the best peanut butter. I am not a fan of Peter Pan at all. ANyone remember the whipped peanut butter they had for a while? That stuff was crap!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2002, 05:39 PM
I like chunky peanut butter, but when it comes to spreading it on bread, creamy is the only way to go. Unless you like ripped, shredded bread, I suppose.

Great PB combos I like:
celery and...
chocoloate chips and...
and...
Uh, I guess that's all. Hmm.

I don't like those PB and jelly combinations. Ugh! All in one jar? Ew... :confused:

QLD
05-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Goober Grape! I always wanted some as a kid. FINALLY I get some, and it was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
05-03-2002, 08:00 PM
I'm a SUNPAT man myself and I go for creamy over smooth or chunky anyday. Although recently I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have a peanut allergy. Been getting bleeding gums and hot and cold sweats every time anything peanuty comes anywhere near my mouth. Strange and perturbing since I love peanuts and especially PB. :( I was kinda hoping me and PB would still be friends when I'm old and wrinkly and can only suck at things and take non solid food. Life is crap to me. A peanut allergy?!!! :mad:

2-1B
05-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Chunky.

Jargo, do you have any other allergies? Maybe there's just a coincidence with the Springtime? I realize that teeters on ignorance because I'm not even familiar with England's current weather but I'll risk asking --- it's worth it to save a friendship with PB. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Chunky all the way. This thread has kind of blown a theory of mine. In my experience I have yet to find a guy that preferred creamy over chunky and vice versa for women. My mom would never buy creamy, but me, my dad, and my brothers would always complain about wanting chunky.

Why chunky? I just can't eat a sandwich without some crunch to it, which creamy just doesn't have. I even have to put potato chips inside a tuna sandwich because it's too soft otherwise.

I wonder if preferrence for one over the other is genetic. Any geneticists care to answer that question?

JediTricks
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
I prefer Nutella - the hazelnut/chocolate confection. What's that, it's not one of my choices? ;)

Creamy or chunky, it rarely makes a difference. When it DOES somehow make a difference though, I prefer creamy by a slight margin.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Why chunky? I just can't eat a sandwich without some crunch to it, which creamy just doesn't have. I even have to put potato chips inside a tuna sandwich because it's too soft otherwise.

Now that is weird :(
Okay, new topic: what's your favorite flavor of chip to put on your sandwhich?

Peanut Butter is weird. Don't get me wrong, it's tasty and all, but why the unquenchable thirst afterword? And why is it so sticky?
What's that? Suddenly Mand Cand isn't so weird?
:)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

Flavor of chip? You mean like Doritos tm, Ruffles tm, Cheetos tm, etc.? If that's it, Doritos tm, hands down! On hamburgers mainly. Mmm... odd food combinations... ;)

QLD
05-04-2002, 10:31 AM
I have never understood the chips "in" the sandwich thing. Oh well. What do I know.

stillakid
05-04-2002, 10:34 AM
I prefer crunchy. It gives you a little extra traction...

But everybody else under this roof likes creamy, so...

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Chips in the sandwich? I think you've been cavorting with too many ewoks.

sith_killer_99
05-04-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm an Extra Crunchy JIF kinda guy myself.

InsaneJediGirl
05-04-2002, 04:29 PM
I prefer Crunchy PB.Strengths teeth and doesnt stick to the roof of the mouth as often:D

Pendo
05-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Crunchy! It'll have to be crunchy because I don't really like creamy stuff, it makes me ill.

PENDO!

P.S. I haven't actually tried Peanut Butter before so maybe creamy is nicer...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 03:30 PM

Now that is weird :(

Peanut Butter is weird. Don't get me wrong, it's tasty and all, but why the unquenchable thirst afterword? And why is it so sticky?
What's that? Suddenly Mand Cand isn't so weird?
:)

At least I don't put pixy stix in my sandwiches like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club. :)

And I prefer plain old Lays in my tuna, thank you very much!

2-1B
05-05-2002, 05:17 PM
At least I don't put pixy stix in my sandwiches like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club. :)

:D Nicely played!

How about Dill Pickle flavored chips? Anyone like those?
(on sandwhiches or otherwise? ;) )

Beast
05-05-2002, 05:22 PM
How about Dill Pickle flavored chips? Anyone like those?
(on sandwhiches or otherwise? ;) )
Ewww, those are nasty as hell. I don't care for the Steak and Onion or Coney Dog ones either, Ick. Infact I'm not really all that big of a potato chip fan actually. My favorite chips are Sun Chips, French Onion Flavor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Ewww, those are nasty as hell. I don't care for the Steak and Onion or Coney Dog ones either, Ick. Infact I'm not really all that big of a potato chip fan actually. My favorite chips are Sun Chips, French Onion Flavor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahhh Sun Chips! Why can't you grow on trees?

BTW, where in heck do you get coney dog or s&o chips? Never heard of them. Are they some kind of bastard british chip flavor like salt&vinegar?

Beast
05-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Ahhh Sun Chips! Why can't you grow on trees?
BTW, where in heck do you get coney dog or s&o chips? Never heard of them. Are they some kind of bastard british chip flavor like salt&vinegar?
I forget what company makes the Coney Dog flavor, but the Steak and Onion chips are made by Poore Brothers. I have found them in Meijer's in Michigan. You can also buy them and other unique flavors online at their website: http://www.poorebrothers.com/index.shtml

This site has some even more unique flavors, though not where you can buy them at. I'll keep searching for the Coney Dog ones. http://www.taquitos.net/chipworld/Toms-SO.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-05-2002, 06:21 PM
All this talk about flavored potato chips has me thinking about different flavored ice cream. Does anyone watch "The Rosie O'Donell Show"? Last week she had the cast from "King of Queens" guessing mystery ice cream flavors by test tasting them. The five flavors were corn on the cob, beer and nuts, steak and potatos, horse radish, and pizza.

JediTricks
05-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Ok, the Steak & Onion ones (which are also out here in LA) are like eating beef boulion cubes, the dill pickle ones are ok but need sour cream to counteract the sweet taste, and Salt & Vinegar are my favorite flavor of potato chips of all time.

2-1B
05-06-2002, 01:47 AM
JT, Dill Pickle chips have a sweet flavor? :crazed:

I can't eat them without my eye going into spasms due to how sour they can be. :D

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 12:46 PM
hey JarJar, howzcome Coney Island is in New York, but the only place I've ever seen hot dogs referred to as "coney islands" is in Michigan?

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
05-06-2002, 12:52 PM
No clue, sadly all of the Michigan Coni Island resturants in Michigan seem to have closed. Their coney sauce was the ultimate, nothing tops it. What sucks even more is that I loved their Steak Sandwiches w/ Mushrooms, Pizza Sauce, and Cheese. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 12:55 PM
thanks JarJar. for what it's worth, there's still some coney island restaurants (although not official "Michigan Coney Island") in the Flint area.

Jargo
05-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Crinkle cut or plain potato chips/crisps? I prefer the crinkle cut type myself. can't stand S&V flavour. Never got to try the hedgehog flavoured ones someone tried to market a few years back but did try the tomato ketchup flavoured ones which were just foul.

Actually, I don't like potato chips/crisps at all now I come to think on it. I only ever eat them when there's absolutely nothing else available or I'm drunk. And the worst ever flavour for any kind of bagged snack has got to be scampi fries. The smell of those has me physically retching. Oh dear god on a stick they are the most heinous food ever created. They smell sort of erm, feminine in a non hygenic way. if you catch my drift...... absolutely repulsive.

2-1B
05-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Has there ever been a better food mascot than Charlie the Tuna? :confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2002, 08:16 PM
LOL, Jargo! I was just thinking that the salt&vinegar chip flavor sounds like a variety of Massengil. Those chips are the most heinous thing ever concocted! So damn bitter and nasty. You could sterilize a wound with them.

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 08:23 PM
I dunno, Jargo & ManCan, I hate salt & vinegar chips too, but I thiink those recently introduced 'Wahoos' are the worst-ever bagged snacks. They taste the way I imagine those styrofoam packing peanuts would taste.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 09:33 PM
On the dill pickle chips, they are sour, but there's this odd sweet flavor behind all that. None of these sours affect me that much though, I just like the taste.

I don't like ruffled potato chips, they're too thick - I like Lays-style thin chips. I've heard of ketchup-flavor chips before, but the very notion seems repellant.

Why does Hostess make potato chips and only market them in Canada?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2002, 06:46 PM
Foods I despise:
Cooked blueberries (only food ever to actually make me gag! Continues to this day)
Ham and butter sandwiches (long story... )
Mushrooms (fungus? Not for this fun guy! )

But, the worst product ever conceived and put into prduction is...

PECAN SANDIES COOKIES!

My goodness gracious almighty! These are horrid! Despicable! Awful! You're eating sand, people! Dirt! In cookie form. Ugh! Why? WHY?!? :frus: :mad: :dead:

JEDIpartner
05-07-2002, 09:59 PM
I just had a nice HUGE spoonful of peanut butter. Did I mention that I haven't eaten a peanut butter sandwich in over a year, yet I've probably gone though 10 large jars in that span of time?

2-1B
05-08-2002, 12:46 AM
I love a nice PBJ "sammitch" but I don't know how some people can tolerate (let alone enjoy :p ) one without jelly.
Ugh, how dry! :( Although honey is a worthy substitute.

2-1B
04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
My favorite chips are Sun Chips, French Onion Flavor. :)

I like French Onion but I think Garden Salsa and Harvest Cheddar are better.

Have you tried the new Honey Graham flavor yet ? :)

Phantom-like Menace
04-19-2008, 12:54 AM
I'd go for chunky peanut butter myself. But I also feel compelled to speak on behalf of a young lady I know to say that she hates peanut butter.

I just can't understand how anyone could get through life without copious amounts of Peanut Butter Crunch cereal.

Jargo
04-19-2008, 07:34 AM
my dear beloved partner person has peanut butter sammitches without jelly but with added salt instead.

I've recently been enjoying home made chips/crisps from Nero's cafes. And black peppercorn crisps/chips. don't go anywhere near salted ones anymore. black peppercorn is the way to go.

there's a flavour of doritos i'm quite partial too. spicey. maybe chili? can't remember. I'm enjoying the hot burning aftershock to my mouth.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I like French Onion but I think Garden Salsa and Harvest Cheddar are better.

Have you tried the new Honey Graham flavor yet ? :)Garden Salsa is awesome when dipped in ranch. Harvest Cheddar is the best SC variety, even straight up. Saw Honey Graham. Touched Honey Graham bag. Put Honey Graham bag back down.

I've recently been enjoying home made chips/crisps from Nero's cafes. And black peppercorn crisps/chips. don't go anywhere near salted ones anymore. black peppercorn is the way to go.

there's a flavour of doritos i'm quite partial too. spicey. maybe chili? can't remember. I'm enjoying the hot burning aftershock to my mouth. Did the Nero's cafe burn down? (ha?) No more evening fiddle playing shows? (ha ha?) That why the chips are 'crispy?' (ha ha ha?) Ahh... :pleased:

Stephen Colbert (a U.S. TV host) has been shilling (not the British coin, but selling or pitching the product :p ) Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos the last few weeks.

UKWildcat
04-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips are the bomb, no doubt! Never had Honey Graham.

and I prefer Chunky peanut butter.

Ji'dai
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Smooth and creamy for me. I don't like chunks or lumps of stuff in my food. I've never cared for DQ Blizzards or anything else mixed into my ice cream either.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Smooth and creamy for me. I don't like chunks or lumps of stuff in my food. I've never cared for DQ Blizzards or anything else mixed into my ice cream either.

Creamy for me.

As far as blizzards go, LOVE 'EM!!! One of the best treats on earth.