PDA

View Full Version : Ep2 Twi'lek Jedi, Aayla Secura next year!

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 06:41 PM
www.rebelscum.com says she's in the works for next year.

Beast
05-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Check SSG's front page, he had the story first, and has pictures of the charecter design sketches. :D She looks darn cool, can't wait for her, nice to see more female charecters. Hopefully next year will be the year of Yarna D'al Gargan as well. :)

Aayla Secura (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=215)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
05-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Ugh. So annoying. I mean it's great to get another Jedi and blah blah blah. But where the heck is my R5-D4.

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 06:56 PM
SWEET!

Sorry Steve, didn't know. :p

I'd rather see Yarael Poof though.

Lord Tenebrous
05-03-2002, 07:17 PM
Bring on "Sexy Blue Devil". :rolleyes:

I like the idea of more Jedi, but if she has her lekku sculpted permanantly upwards, I'm definately going to pass.

Do it like the character picture. Firm, stern stance with hands that can be folded in front of her, or used for a two-hand saber grip.

Beast
05-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Bring on "Sexy Blue Devil". :rolleyes:
I like the idea of more Jedi, but if she has her lekku sculpted permanantly upwards, I'm definately going to pass.
Do it like the character picture. Firm, stern stance with hands that can be folded in front of her, or used for a two-hand saber grip.
I think if they did make them standing up like that Lord Tenebrous, they would articulate the base where it connects to her head so that you can have them up and in action battle stance, or turn them hanging down into a more relaxed stance. :)

Actually just noticed, if you look at the design sketches on the front page, it says right next to the photo of the charecter: "Tentacles(?) should be sculpted hanging as shown in photo" :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Totally missed that. :sur:

Yeah, they should definately make more use of the articulation used on the Rebel Fleet Trooper's knees. I really want a Jango Fett with that style, it allows for the creation of a dynamic - but alterable - figure.

And flying would look cool with his legs slightly bent back like that. :cool:

droidekas2
05-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Awesome.
I also hope that they make her in a more static pose, as she is in the movie. The picture is very exciting and dynamic but I dont want her lekku frozen in mid air for the figure.
I dont want one pose wonders.

Droidlover
05-03-2002, 09:22 PM
I want my R5D4 too. Always happy to have another jedi.

Taichi
05-03-2002, 10:04 PM
I hate the damn pose, with the leg up in the air.....

and the head tails up in the air.....

what the hell is Hasblow thinking?

Beast
05-03-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
I hate the damn pose, with the leg up in the air.....

and the head tails up in the air.....

what the hell is Hasblow thinking?
That's just concept art done of the charecter, it says right on the picture about the headtails being sculpted hanging as seen in the picture. It also says that the illustration is for pose inspiration only. Don't overreact, all internal design artwork is done originally in a dynamic fashion. They arn't going to make a figure that stands only one one leg. Besides, if they joint the leg with a swivel joint, she will be able to stand straight, as well as do that leg in the air pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
05-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I read that in the post above.....

We need more female Twileks.....

We have Oola, Lyn Me, the Red chick from Watto's Box, and now Aayla is coming......

I still need Oola and the red chick......

Beast
05-04-2002, 12:24 AM
New picture that I found at Rebelscum. Look it's all the body parts needed to make the figure of her. Ignore the Jango, Bossk, and Battle Droid bits. I cropped the picture to focus primarily on her body pieces. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-04-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
They arn't going to make a figure that stands only one one leg.

:eek:
Don't even say that, Hasbro might just set out to prove you wrong! :p

R5-D4ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
05-04-2002, 06:43 AM
I'm so uninspired by that character, Aayla Secura seems just as dumb an idea as Aurra Sing. I so hope this one gets shelved. sadly i feel that the geeky fanbot quotient would just keel over and die if she doesn't get made so i guess that's one I'll be leaving on the pegs. Actually i hope she's posed in such a way that she's of no use to anyone. :evil:

AT-AT Man
05-04-2002, 12:52 PM
why that looks like it's gunna be one of my fav jedis ever, finally they make another female jedi. does anyone know, which i doubt, if they have plans to make Luminarias padawan Burriss or something like that. really want that fig too.

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
why that looks like it's gunna be one of my fav jedis ever, finally they make another female jedi. does anyone know, which i doubt, if they have plans to make Luminarias padawan Burriss or something like that. really want that fig too.

This is awesome news to me, as she is probably the number one Jedi I wanted made from Episode 2 that they haven't already done. :)

I would love to get a Barris Ofee figure too AT-AT Man! I actually think that there is a good possibility of her being made since she is apparently in a lot of scenes with Luminara. *crosses fingers*

AT-AT Man
05-04-2002, 01:02 PM
oh i can jus pray that she will be made, and then some of us who make dios can maybe make some from the book that was released, with her luminara obi and ani, can't think of title right now. but that would be great.

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Jargo --- I agree. What is it about Twi'leks that gets the straight fanboys all hot any bothered? I mean, if they did a scantily clad Jude Law figure because he popped up in some wierd Twi'lek cameo as Gaybba the Hutt's slave boy--I don't know that I'd be that excited . . . I mean, he'd have these strange, hideous things protruding from his head!

Somebody, enlighten me, please. What drives the ongoing Twi'lek obsession?

Beast
05-04-2002, 03:18 PM
More pictures and info up at rebelscum now, including an almost completly put together test figure from the wax mold. She is looking to be a really great figure. They say that they thought she was figure #173, but it's probably Collection 1: Figure 73. So with 52 figures this year, confirming atleast 21 more next year. :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8654

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Ok, good news, bad news:

Bad - She looks to have the same type of V-Hip joints that Aurra Sing and Zam Preview, and the new Padme have. Looks like they actually serve a purpose here though. They seem to want her to be able to do a high kick with her left leg. Theres a joint at midhip on that leg that would let it swivel so that it looks like she's properly kicking, and her leg is twisted backwards or anything.

Not exactly a one pose wonder, but even without the kicking she's very aggressively posed.

Good - She's aggresively posed because she's only seen while kicking some Geonosian butt in the movie. So that seems proper, even though I'm always with the less-posed=better camp.

Despite the fact that I hate V-hips on female figures, she actually looks like she may turn out to be very good. Obviously that's hard to tell considering that this isn't even an actual prototype yet of the final figure, but still, I think it will turn out well.:)

JAYPEA
05-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Emperor Jargo, tell us how you really feel. Actually, I wish she was coming out this year. Maybe with luck Quinlan Vos will be next. We need more Jedi, like the ones in the novels.
Jason.

evenflow
05-04-2002, 03:53 PM
I think it is really cool. It is nice to get an EU figure. Well, its not really an EU figure any more because she is going to be in the movie, but you know what i mean.

Quinlan Vos would rock.

eliwankenobi
05-04-2002, 03:58 PM
mmmmmmmm......

@ss kicking blue female Jedi's in halter tops :p
What more could you ask for?

Jargo
05-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by JAYPEA
Emperor Jargo, tell us how you really feel. Actually, I wish she was coming out this year. Maybe with luck Quinlan Vos will be next. We need more Jedi, like the ones in the novels.
Jason.

I post what I really think Jason. You're talking about wants not needs. Need is things like air, food, water, heat etc. essentials to living. Star wars figures only fall into the want category. But that's just a quibble....

I like the Twi'Lek chicks we've had so far. I just wish there were more varied female characters in star wars. The quotient of Twi'Leks to other aliens and human females is rather high. It gets a little dull. And being in favour of equality, why should the hetero boys get all the fun with Twi'Lek chicks with big norks and near nakedness? Where's the figure of Anakin in repose for the boys who like boys? LFL is an equal opportunities employer and it's high time that collecting shook off it's sexist, mysoginistic, freaky geeky attitude and aknowledged that there are many varied types of collector and why should only one portion be catered for?

So we had the bacta tank Luke and shirtless Maul, neither of them very flattering. Perhaps hasbro could redress the balance and make a nice Anakin shirtless figure for the swooning boys and girls.

And the other thing is that I really can't abide those holier than thou Jedi. Pesky meddling bunkum peddling fools who thankfully get what's coming to them in this and the next movie. :)

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 06:13 PM
I'm telling you, Jargo! Gaybba the hutt is the way to go. He's Jabba's much more svelte and chic cosmospolitan brother . . . The idea of a Jude Law slave figure complete with a little chain around his neck ala Princess Leia has grown on my considerably.

Ewan and him are best buds --- surely, he could perhaps convince Jude it'd be a most interesting shot at plastic immortality.

patchiswelsh
08-27-2002, 04:59 AM
thats a bit harsh Jargo
she will be a good figure
i like aotc figs so i would probs not buy a yarna fig unless it was amazing
could Aayla Secura be out late this year???

Darth Evil
08-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Well, I just want as many different Jedi as possible and, of course, all the main ones resculpted in neutral poses.