PDA

View Full Version : Is the R2-Q5 wave still out there?

Dexter
05-03-2002, 08:20 PM
After seeing how cool the AOTC toys are, I decided to take up Star Wars figure collecting again. I got Shmi Skywalker at Target, who I thought was the only POTJ figure I wanted, but there's a picture of the ultra-cool R2-Q5 figure on the back of the package. Is R2-Q5 still out there, somewhere? Because he really looks too cool to go without...

BoShek
05-03-2002, 08:51 PM
The last few POTJ lines were not as widely distrubuted as the rest and he was more popular than other figures, like the Bespin Pegwarmer.

Instead of wasting your time lookin, I would say buy one online or in a shop.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I hadn't seen that wave for ages after it first came out but finally found it. Now it's just about all I can find at TRU and KB. I think it's still sort of harder to find so maybe TRU still has some in their warehouse for a future clearance sale.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 02:58 AM
POTJ is so dead around here, I've never even seen the R2-Q5 wave myself, though I didn't look very hard. ;)
I agree with BoShek, online might be your best bet.

Who knows, maybe we'll see some overstock of POTJ discounted down the road? Not as widespread as Episode I of course, but I can't believe Hasbro doesn't have cases misplaced throughout their warehouses. :D

Jayspawn
05-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Dexter, for some reason I've seen this wave at my Wal-Mart. They were never there before, but they kinda sit there now that Episode II figures are out.

QLD
05-04-2002, 11:55 AM
The only remnants of that wave that I have seen is a Tessek here or there, and the extra Lando in my closet.

Extra Lando in my closet, sounds funny :D

BanthaPoodoo
05-04-2002, 07:36 PM
I say keep looking..... I have been out of collecting for a while too & now I am only missing these figures for the POTJ set:

Aurra Sing
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (found one but card was ripped :()
Han Solo Bespin Capture (same as above ripped card :()
IG-88
K-3PO
Mon Calamari Officer
Obi-Wan (Cold Weather Gear)
Obi-Wan (Young Jedi)
Obi-Wan (Jedi Training)
Plo Koon
Qui-Gon (Jedi Armor)
R2-Q5
Saesee Tinn
Scout Trooper

I found the rest of these at KB, WM, KM, & TRU (also traded the BoShek wave for around 7 that I needed)

Today I picked up a 300th Edition Boba Fett today at a Wal-Mart in Newton, MS (the only one there, & why it was there I dont know, but I said, Boba you can come home with me, I'll give you a nice place to live...... found him & Chewbacca mechanic today!!!!!!!)

So since I got back into collecting in March, I have gotten 39 & only need 14......

Keep looking (I know I am!!!) & maybe they will turn up soon!

Sith Vicious
05-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
After seeing how cool the AOTC toys are, I decided to take up Star Wars figure collecting again. I got Shmi Skywalker at Target, who I thought was the only POTJ figure I wanted, but there's a picture of the ultra-cool R2-Q5 figure on the back of the package. Is R2-Q5 still out there, somewhere? Because he really looks too cool to go without...

You might try Wal-Mart or K-Mart. Mine got in huge amounts of these a few months back. I'm not sure if they still have any R2s, but I think they have Tessek, Lando, and Jar-Jar so it's possible.

Figurestasher
05-04-2002, 10:39 PM
TRU got alot of that wave later on after they were originaly released. I see left overs all the time here in Southern California. There might be more left over in some TRU warehouses somewhere so I'm still looking for one to open.

darth chuck
05-04-2002, 11:24 PM
I found the whole R2-Q5 wave at Kmart about a week ago and picked up a couple of extras. Another good place to look is KB's. I also found some at the mall.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-05-2002, 12:18 AM
The Ames in my town has some of the R2-Q5 wave (minus the R2-Q5) and just like most of the toys in that department, they ain't going anywhere soon.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Just referring back to BPD's post - I haven't ever seen IG-88 except for the one time I found one at Target. In my book, he's been the hardest one to find just by that. The other ones, except for Aurra and Mon Cal, I haven't seen in a while so maybe they're HTF too just because it's been awhile since their release.

I could be wrong. Maybe it's just my part of the country. Perhaps there's a WM in Northern Montana with pegs full of the figures you're looking for. Who knows with the wacky Hasbro distribution system. :confused:

brentfett
05-07-2002, 01:59 PM
The WM near me got a case of the R2-Q5 wave in the same night they got the first cases of AOTC figures in. I saw two R2-Q5s but passed them up because I already have two myself. I see a lot of the other three figures in that case warming pegs.